Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2000, 09:59 AM   #1
QuikSand
lolzcat

Post Saving prior to draft - causes problems

In one career, I was frequently saving my game to avoid crashing problems. It looks like doing so actually caused a dead-end problem.

In my game, I saved right after the FA period, and right before I chose to "enter the draft period."

Immediately following the save (or actually just prior to the save, it turns out) the game seemed to automatically advance to the draft period, and select "draft players." This might have been a bug, or it might have been an intended "speed bump" (to discourage a save/reset backdoor).

Regardless if intent, the result was catastrophic. I happened to have the draft's top pick (maybe this is relevant?) and was able to make my pick, but the draft would not procedd past that. I also was unable to view the draft players in the free agent pool. It seems that the game did not properly make the advance into the draft period, leaving many of the draft functions disabled (start draft, pause draft, trade offer). This essentially "hung" my game.

I was able to recreate this probelm *using the same backed-up career) a few times, and then alleviate it by *not* saving right before the draft.

There seems to be a connection, but I don't understand it.

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2000, 01:46 PM   #2
Lynn Dickey
n00b

I just encountered a similar issue when I had the first pick in the draft, but it wasn't saving related.

I selected the "Draft-Resume/View Draft" option. This allowed me to make the 1st pick, but as soon as I made the pick all I could do was Exit, and the draft would not advance. However, after I selected "Begin Amateur Draft Period" I was able to continue and finish the draft without a problem.

I guess this could be fixed by having separate buttons for Resuming and Viewing the Draft. The View Draft button could be accessable at all times, but would never allow the person playing to make selections. On the other hand, the Resume Draft button would only be accessable after the player selects "Progress-Begin Amateur Draft."

I'm not sure this is related to Quik's problem or not. If you still have the save Quik, try acessing the Progress-Begin Amateur Draft Period option and see if you can continue the draft.
Lynn Dickey is offline   Reply With Quote