Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Online Master's Degree

I have recently registered to get my Master's Degree online. Has anyone else done this? I'd appreciate any advice. The syllabi for the courses seem like a ridiculous amount of work (yes I know it's a master's degree, and it's supposed to be hard or everyone would have one). I'm wondering if the syllabi seem tough because I've been away from school so long, and the amount of work and requirements are just written is such a way that it just seems overwhelming.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
I have recently registered to get my Master's Degree online. Has anyone else done this? I'd appreciate any advice. The syllabi for the courses seem like a ridiculous amount of work (yes I know it's a master's degree, and it's supposed to be hard or everyone would have one). I'm wondering if the syllabi seem tough because I've been away from school so long, and the amount of work and requirements are just written is such a way that it just seems overwhelming.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Breeze,

Yes, I got my Masters of Science in Information Security Management five years ago and it has been a huge bump in my career. I went from mid 50k to more than double my salary after recieving my Masters. Now as far as the courses at least for the program I was at Florida was really challenging but thorough in content. The medium of distance education takes dedication especially for grad school in that you yourself have to keep up with the work and not fall behind. I did very well myself graduating with an honors but I am fellow students in some of my teams for some courses that were not keeping up with the work and didn't do well. You really need to be able to spend a minimum of 6-8 hours per week per course depending on
the actual degree discipline is. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote