Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-21-2007, 01:03 AM   #1
JeeberD
General Manager

Lil' Romeo to play hoops for USC?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2844684

Lil' Romeo wants to play for USC

LOS ANGELES -- Lil' Romeo says he's bound for Southern California, where if all goes according to plan he could be Romeo Miller, Trojans basketball player.

The teen hip-hop star has committed to playing basketball for the Trojans' class of 2008, Dave Lindsay, a spokesman for Lil' Romeo's online label, UrbanDigital Records, said Friday.

USC spokesman Dave Tuttle declined to confirm or deny the report but said the university hasn't received a signed letter of intent from the rapper, who is just a high school junior.

"We can't comment on any recruits or potential recruits until we have a signed letter. That's an NCAA rule," Tuttle said.

Lil' Romeo, whose full name is Percy Romeo Miller, is currently a guard on his Beverly Hills High School team.

"Basketball has run in the family," Lindsay said, noting the rapper's father, hip-hop mogul Master P, had tryouts with two NBA teams in the 1990s.

"In the future, I want to be an NBA player. That's my goal," Lil' Romeo told The Associated Press in a 2003 interview.

At the time he was 14 and just 5-feet-6 inches tall. He acknowledged then that his goal might go unrealized if he didn't add another 12 inches of height.

He's 17 now and 6-feet-1, a little more than halfway toward that goal.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:26 AM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Living the dream that his dad couldn't by trying to make the NBA, huh? Umm...I guess if you're already a millionaire why the heck not try.