Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Hot or not?
Hot! 135 78.49%
Not! 37 21.51%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2005, 09:28 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Celebrity Hot or Not, Volume 1: Angelina Jolie!

No pix, pls. Srry.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-14-2005 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Power trip
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
This poll is worthless w/o piks
Old 12-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #3
moriarty
College Starter

I'm suprised this is even a question.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:32 AM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B
This poll is worthless w/o piks

Yes, because no one knows or has ever seen Angelina Jolie before.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:32 AM   #5
WrongWay
Banned

This is a woman that has definately become hotter with age.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 AM   #6
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

List of People Who Are Insane (or perhaps blind or have bad taste or don't like women or have some other issue):

1. Kodos (Not surprising here. Not enough slobber or tentacles for our resident alien)
2. Butter of 69 (a good man, but no taste in women or universities)
3. Ksyrup (too obsessed with music and too knowledgeable on the subject to have a decent opinion on anything else)
4. I. J. Reily (this guy went to Oregon State, but apparently he wouldn't know a hot beaver if it bit him in the ass)
5. raf105 (I think this guy spends too much time playing sports sims to know enough about women)
6. pennywiseb (Parents: this is what happens when your children play one too many games of Werewolf. You have been warned)
7. Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (It is not love that is blind, but jealousy. ~Lawrence Durrell, Justine, 1957)
8. amdaily (also voted for George W. Bush, so he's clearly not right... in the head)
9. Klinglerware (David Klingler + Andre Ware. 'Nuff said.)
10. sachmo71 (sachmo *sighs* sachmo, sachmo, sachmo... *sighs and shakes head* one too many Trout in the rectum, I fear)
11. Godzilla Blitz (should stick to writing X-Com dynasty threads)
12. MattJones4Heisman (apparently one's assessment of potential Heisman trophy winners is linked to one's assessment of hotness... Who knew?)
13. Johnny93g (we now have incontrovertable evidence that being a Leafs fan can cause serious mental illness)
14. Path12 (he doesn't think Rachel Ray is hot. He doesn't think Angelina Jolie is hot. I think this guy just doesn't like women. Not that there's anything wrong with that!)
15. Racer (I now understand why this guy was playing in a fantasy football league where someone dropped Matt Hasselbeck to pick up Jake Plummer)
16. Galaxy (this from the man who started a thread entitled "The Importance of Physical Beauty". Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?)
17. Flasch186 (I'm sure this has something to do with 3R, GF, BF, BFF, MIG, KTT, TPG, UTC and the rest of them)
18. Warhammer (he is as confused about the hotness of women as he is about gameplans and position switches in FOF)
19. cwilloughby (we now realize why he was taking that class with that television uses and gratifications survey)
20. mtolson (stick to critiquing NFL uniforms and leave ciritquing the ladies to us (well, us meaning those not on this list of shame)
21. JonInMiddleGA (Ladies and gentlemen, we now have incontrovertable proof that Angelina Jolie is, without a scintilla of any doubt, hot)
22. rkmsuf (this little blue fella apparently only has eyes for Markie Post or smurfette)
23. dangarion (started a thread called "Bill Gates is a Sexay Beast." So Bill Gates is "sexay" and Angelina Jolie is not hot? Just wanted to get that clarified)
24. Desnudo (Wait a second, this from a man who once said about Angelina Jolie in a similar thread: "If I was picking on that picture alone, it'd be Jolie in a heartbeat. Bark like a dog! Yes ma'am!" What happened? Early alzheimer's setting in or some sort of foul play?)
25. Samifan (Those Post Grad Blues must have affected him more deeply than he could have ever imagined. Also, he's a Sami Kapanen fan. Sami. Kapanen.)
26. Greyroofoo (when asked why he voted "Not" Mr. Greyroofoo said "aal i know is that you can't count on anybody but yourself, wow, I'm so frickub wasted n right about now!")
27. Buccaneer (your sense of reality would be a little distorted too if you were an old man who spent countless hours day and night huddled in your basement watching grainy Betamax re-runs of "The Wonder Years" and Angie Harmon-era "Law & Order" episodes)
28. cthomer5000 (He said this about Linda Cohn (yes, that Linda Cohn) "I'd hit it." Linda Cohn he'd hit, Angelina Jolie is not hot. Whatever floats your boat, Scarlet Knight)
29. George W. Bush (see supra ## 8, 21)
30. GoCanes (apparently this guy is a "Dodger, NY Ranger, Titan and Laker fan". He apparently uses a similar system determining hotness as he does in determining which sports team he's a fan of)
31. graygoosetwelve (Someone once said that "Back Door Sluts ... [s]tarted to get repetitive around XII. Apparently graygooses are like the "Back Door Sluts" series, they started going down hill around XII)
32. Voo (big Dreamcast fan here. How's that working out for you?)
33. Axxon (this guy is a "huge" Harry Belafonte fan. So, let's ask Mr. Belafonte his opinion of Angelina Jolie. Harry? "Now I've courted many a girl. I've been in ports all around the world, but my rambling days are done I've been from Curacao up to Tokyo And I've found there's only one: And she is Angelina, Angelina..."
34. Easy Mac (Let's be honest, I don't think he ever truly recovered his wits after his rommate put that "PLEASE do not lower it past 70. THANK YOU" sign on the thermostat)
35. WVUFan (obviously he voted "not" because this guy just wants everyone to be on a level playing field, this way if someone thinks Rosie O'Donnell is hot they are on equal footing with someone who actually knows what "hot" means)
36. GoSeahawks (this vote has a lot in common with Hasselbeck's famous quote in that OT playoff game in Green Bay: "We want the ball, and we're gonna score!" Both are horribly wrong and even a bit stupid)
37. Castlerock (this guy once said "I love college hockey but the NHL holds zero interest. Yawn." His judgment has not improved since then)

(please note that this list will be updated as this poll continues)
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 12-16-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
Butter
Coordinator

She needs to get some more colagen in those lips so you could just fold over her lips and sleep on them at night. Yuk.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:35 AM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
List of People Who Are Insane (or perhaps blind or have bad taste or don't like women or have some other issue):

1. Kodos

Way to go, Butter. VIVE LA RESISTANCE!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:35 AM   #9
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

1. Kodos

Yes, I've heard many dissenting opinions about her. An enigma I'll never solve.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:35 AM   #10
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
This is a woman that has definately become hotter with age.

Just watched Mr and Mrs. Smith and I couldn't agree more.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:36 AM   #11
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
She needs to get some more colagen in those lips so you could just fold over her lips and sleep on them at night. Yuk.

Have you seen pics of her as a kid? Those lips are real...

Oh, and I vote Uber Hot.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:36 AM   #12
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I do not evaluate hotness without taking the entire person into account, and from what I know about her, she disgusts me. I think we've had this discussion before.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:36 AM   #13
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Old 12-14-2005, 09:37 AM   #14
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I do not evaluate hotness without taking the entire person into account, and from what I know about her, she disgusts me. I think we've had this discussion before.

The day she hits on me I'll do the same .

Old 12-14-2005, 09:37 AM   #15
Subby
lolzcat

I didn't see an option for "really fucking hot"...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:37 AM   #16
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

She looks like a dirty little slut with DSL's and major funbags, so I'll go with hot.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:00 AM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

Keep in mind, these are on the celebrity scale, not the girl you see at Walmart scale, so apply a higher standard.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:02 AM   #18
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes. I mean, she has been with Billy Bob Thornton for God's sake. That's enough for me right there.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:07 AM   #19
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

HB, you might as well add me to your list as well, she just doesn't do it for me...
Old 12-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #20
Ksyrup

The few, the proud...the only FOFC'ers with discriminating taste.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-14-2005, 10:15 AM   #21
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
The few, the proud...the only FOFC'ers with discriminating taste.
Sweet. As a reward, we have sent indie beauty Martha Plimpton right over.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 12-14-2005, 10:16 AM   #22
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
The few, the whacky...the FOFC'ers who are insane (or perhaps blind or have bad taste or don't like women or have some other issue).

Fixed.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:22 AM   #23
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Anyone who slept with Billy Bob Thornton by choice can't be hot.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:26 AM   #24
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Anyone who slept with Billy Bob Thornton by choice can't be hot.
I think the same thing about Tommy Lee, but Heather Locklear and Pam Anderson are still pretty hot.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:31 AM   #25
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Quote:
I don't find Angelina Jolie unattractive physically, but she's a freak, and that pretty much ruins her for me. She's suggested that she really, really loves her brother (in a manner that made most people think she was talking about in a Hotel New Hampshire sense), she did the blood vial thing with Billy Bob, she's talked about having sex as a teenager in which the session ended by drawing knives and attacking each other...

Yeah, I'd say that pretty much ruins any attractiveness her physical appearance might suggest.

So, to get this straight. So, despite, her numerous awards for her humanatarian efforts with refugees, Angelina Jolie is "disgusting" because she "suggested" that she really loves her brother. She did the blood vial thing with her then husband, and she's talked about having sex as a teenager in which the session ended by drawing knives and attacking each other.

Now, pretty much everything else I've said in this thread is in good fun and in jest and I have no real desire or feel a need to defend Angelina Jolie (who I've never even come close to meeting).

That said, I just find it odd that some speculative rumors (and some actual facts, like the blood vial thing) about her (very) personal life would so outweigh her humantarian efforts as to make her "disgusting" on the inside (enough so to "ruin any attractiveness her physical appearance might suggest").

I mean, if we are really "taking the entire person into account", I would reckon that Jolie "entire person" would only enhance her physical beauty, no?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:31 AM   #26
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Sweet. As a reward, we have sent indie beauty Martha Plimpton right over.

Hard to believe someone made a movie called Beautiful Girls and included both Plimpton AND Rosie O'Donnell.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:31 AM   #27
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I think the same thing about Tommy Lee, but Heather Locklear and Pam Anderson are still pretty hot.

Well, at least Heather Locklear is.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-14-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #28
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Well, at least Heather Locklear is.

Exactly. Pam Anderson is not in the same stratosphere as Heather Locklear.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #29
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Hard to believe someone made a movie called Beautiful Girls and included both Plimpton AND Rosie O'Donnell.

Poor Martha Plimpton. While she's certainly no hottie, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for her because of her roll in "Goonies".
Old 12-14-2005, 10:36 AM   #30
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
... and Pam Anderson (is) still pretty hot.

Except for the whole Hep-C thing.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:36 AM   #31
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Natalie Portman balanced it out.

I mean, looking back. Not at that point in time. I mean...she was like 15 then.

Yeesh.

Old 12-14-2005, 10:40 AM   #32
Ksyrup

Quote:
Natalie Portman balanced it out.

I mean, looking back. Not at that point in time. I mean...she was like 15 then.

Yeesh.

There were several good looking girls/women in that movie, but that still doesn't absolve them of false advertisement.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:42 AM   #33
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'd let her stab me with a knife.

Old 12-14-2005, 10:44 AM   #34
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
I'll give them a pass. Assuming the rumours are all true of course. I've not seen the video myself.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #35
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
She looks like a dirty little slut with DSL's and major funbags, so I'll go with hot.
Absolutely! Just don't make me listed to her talk. Uh, moans, general sounds of passion and dirty talk excluded.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #36
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

9 people so far said not? ??confused??
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #37
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Should have been called Beautiful Girl = Uma Thurman!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:59 AM   #38
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
9 people so far said not? ??confused??
They don't understand the difference between hot and soul mate. Both are not always subsets of each other.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:02 AM   #39
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So you know, Angelina wins it with both me, as she does with Mrs.IndoorSoccerSim, I have already been told, that she wants Angelina as bad as I do....
Old 12-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #40
Subby
lolzcat

All we need is for Bucc to come in here and tell us how gross she is and this vote will have gone down exactly as everyone expected.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #41
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
They don't understand the difference between hot and soul mate. Both are not always subsets of each other.

I differentiate between 'hot' and 'good looking.' I'll give you good looking, even with the lips. Hot...NOT. Women of all different types can be good looking. I rarely consider women who aren't "girl next door" types to be hot. There's something distinctly unattractive about excessive/overdone sex appeal.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:05 AM   #42
Ksyrup

Quote:
All we need is for Bucc to come in here and tell us how gross she is and this vote will have gone down exactly as everyone expected.

That's because we did this thread months ago. I even remember the Mrs. Indoorsoccersim part.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:05 AM   #43
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I'd hit it. Twice.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #44
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
That's because we did this thread months ago. I even remember the Mrs. Indoorsoccersim part.
I was thinking, I remember typing this before....
Old 12-14-2005, 11:15 AM   #45
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:

4. I. J. Reily (this guy went to Oregon State, but apparently he wouldn't know a hot beaver if it bit him in the ass)(please note that this list will be updated as this poll continues)
Ooh, a witty double entendre using OSU’s mascot. That’s simply laziness HB, and I expect better.
As for Jolie, she does have that freaky thing going on, but it’s a little over the top for me. She seems like the type of girl that isn’t going to be happy playing catcher all game long, if you get my drift. But hey, some guys dig that. Apparently 50 guys on this board dig that.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:17 AM   #46
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorsoccersim
So you know, Angelina wins it with both me, as she does with Mrs.IndoorSoccerSim, I have already been told, that she wants Angelina as bad as I do....

So does Mrs. MizzouRah.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:19 AM   #47
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly
Ooh, a witty double entendre using OSU’s mascot. That’s simply laziness HB, and I expect better.
As for Jolie, she does have that freaky thing going on, but it’s a little over the top for me. She seems like the type of girl that isn’t going to be happy playing catcher all game long, if you get my drift. But hey, some guys dig that. Apparently 50 guys on this board dig that.

Heh! I thought it was quite clever. Then again, your whopping 75 posts up til then didn't give me much to work with. This #76, however....
Old 12-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #48
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
So does Mrs. MizzouRah.

And the future Mrs JeeberD as well...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:41 AM   #49
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Heh! I thought it was quite clever. Then again, your whopping 75 posts up til then didn't give me much to work with. This #76, however....
Fair enough.
I notice no attempt was made to distance yourself from the suggested activities in my first post. Interesting, not that there’s anything wrong with that.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:42 AM   #50
duckman
Pro Starter

Oh yeah, I'd hit that!
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote