Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-22-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Ping: Teachers, Trainers, Instructors

I am looking for research on why do we use examples in our teaching and what does an effective example provide for an article I am currently writing.

The material I am finding are only one or two sentences or not really covering what I need.

Do any of you have an resources bookmarked or know the best place to find this information.

Thanks,

MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I am looking for research on why do we use examples in our teaching and what does an effective example provide for an article I am currently writing.

The material I am finding are only one or two sentences or not really covering what I need.

Do any of you have an resources bookmarked or know the best place to find this information.

Thanks,

Dola,

If any of you have experience, feedback or whatever in regards to this, please respond I want to try and hit my deadline for this and searching is killing me right now.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
miked
College Starter

I'm not 100% clear on what you are asking, but there's an awesome book by L. Dee Fink called "creating significant learning experiences" or something. I use this when designing my classes.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I'm not 100% clear on what you are asking, but there's an awesome book by L. Dee Fink called "creating significant learning experiences" or something. I use this when designing my classes.

Perfect,

Basically my article is on Creating Examples in Training, covering things like why do we use examples, what does an effective example provide to the students and learning to develop the effective example.

I can rattle off the article in my own words quite easily, but as a technology trainer without a formal teaching degree and never having to look up research to quantify why I am doing this or need to do this, makes it hard for me to find the information.

All I am looking for are statements, research and the such to help answer my questions for the article.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #5
MacroGuru
Coordinator

ok...nothing to see here...found what I was looking for 6 hours later, but I finally found it, also thanks miked for the book reference I have an intern looking for a copy at bookstores around me and hoping to have him run and get it.