Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-02-2003, 07:45 PM   #1
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

OT: RoadRunner connectivity issues in southeastern WI

Anyone here having slow (very slow) connectivity problems using RoadRunner in the southeastern part of Wisconsin? Man, for about the last two weeks my connection has been so slow that dial-up would be faster and I am not kidding. I have no viruses OR worms. I also have no spy OR adware in my computer. I have even reformated my HD just to make sure but still....the connection is extremely slow. Anyone else having these issues?

Last edited by vulcan : 09-02-2003 at 07:46 PM.
vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 07:48 PM   #2
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

-dola

I am on the phone right now with these techs and they don't know anything. I have called these guys atleast 6-7 times within the last two weeks. This is getting sad.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:18 PM   #3
Craptacular
College Starter

Sorry, everyone I know in SE WI with broadband has Charter Pipeline.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 09:19 PM   #4
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Charter Pipeline.
I wonder if I could get that instead of Time Warners RR?
Old 09-03-2003, 01:27 AM   #5
Hawaii Warrior
n00b

I'm having the same problem and I'm located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. RR also kicks me offline if the computer is idle for 10 minutes, sometimes less... It's getting really annoying.

"The only way I will come back to the NFL is if the Lions hire June Jones as Head Coach..." -Barry Sanders

"When he threw the ball 38 straight times the other day, I said, 'That kid is my son,' " Mouse Davis said of June Jones.
Hawaii Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 01:57 PM   #6
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

In SE WI - no connectivity problems here. MYy RR has been running like a champ ever since they reinstalled it last week.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 06:12 PM   #7
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

One of my friends has RR in Milwaukee. His connection has absolutely sucked for about 3-4 weeks. He clicks a link or goes to a website and it just hangs for a bit and then comes up.

I'm on SBC DSL... my hasn't been hot either. Seems to work fine for 15-20 minutes and then whenever I click a link or go to a website it hangs just like his...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 07:34 PM   #8
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustang
One of my friends has RR in Milwaukee. His connection has absolutely sucked for about 3-4 weeks. He clicks a link or goes to a website and it just hangs for a bit and then comes up.

I'm on SBC DSL... my hasn't been hot either. Seems to work fine for 15-20 minutes and then whenever I click a link or go to a website it hangs just like his...

I recieved your PM. I also sent one to you as well.

That is exactly what is happening to me. I have heard that the worms & viruses are effecting the connections even to the ones that do not even have them.