Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Manually scheduling games as commissioner in BBCF?

I posted this in the Greydog BBCF forums, but there isn't much activity there, so I figured I would post it here as well.

Does anyone know how to manually schedule games as commissioner in multiplayer mode? Do you have to log in separately as each team, request the scheduled games, create an export file for each team, then import all of the files?

Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
I posted this in the Greydog BBCF forums, but there isn't much activity there, so I figured I would post it here as well.

Does anyone know how to manually schedule games as commissioner in multiplayer mode? Do you have to log in separately as each team, request the scheduled games, create an export file for each team, then import all of the files?

St.Cronin can probably give you a much better walk through on this than I.. but there is a way to go into one of the two .dat files (I think setup.dat maybe?) and modify the schedule before the league flips over.

Once the season flips over and you are in scheduling phase though, I think you have to do it within the game manually. You don't have to go through the entire export process though. You should be able to switch over to that team through the pulldown at the bottom and go to their scheduling page as them (if you are logged in as the commish) and do the adding from there for each team.

It still is a fairly manual process if you have alot of teams, but better then the whole exporting each file thing

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
there is a way to go into one of the two .dat files (I think setup.dat maybe?) and modify the schedule before the league flips over.

I use the SchedMatch table in the stats.dat file to manually schedule the missing round robin games for the Pac Ten, because that's the only way to do it. The game will not let you schedule missing conference games during the schedule phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Once the season flips over and you are in scheduling phase though, I think you have to do it within the game manually. You don't have to go through the entire export process though. You should be able to switch over to that team through the pulldown at the bottom and go to their scheduling page as them (if you are logged in as the commish) and do the adding from there for each team.

It still is a fairly manual process if you have alot of teams, but better then the whole exporting each file thing

That's good to know, but does the game save all of the schedule requests as you're toggling from team to team?
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
I use the SchedMatch table in the stats.dat file to manually schedule the missing round robin games for the Pac Ten, because that's the only way to do it. The game will not let you schedule missing conference games during the schedule phase.

That's good to know, but does the game save all of the schedule requests as you're toggling from team to team?

I thought so. It has been a while since I have had to do it, but I seemed to remember that was how I did it.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote