Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2003, 08:38 PM   #1
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

Ultrasound

My wife had her 1st ultrasound today. She is about 9 weeks pregnant. My baby is so little, but it was so cool. The doctor showed us the baby's heartbeat. This will be my 1st child so I am a little excited.

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty

DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:40 PM   #2
Blackadar
Retired

Congrats!

Parenthood is awesome. Look forward to the 2s and 3s. Best time of my life.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:45 PM   #3
wbonnell
College Prospect

Congratulations Dad! Welcome to the ranks of fatherhood. Being a father has now become your most important role. No longer are your interests the primary concern- you have a beautiful child to love and protect. I think you will find it to be the most rewarding experience of your life.

I just found out that I will be a father for the third time. Although I hope first and foremost for a healthy child, I yearn for a baby girl. My two boys (8 and 2) are wonderful, but my family won't feel complete until we have a girl. Wouldn't surprise me if that means I will end up with something like 8 kids- 7 boys and 1 girl.
wbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:49 PM   #4
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

Thanks guys. It was something to see how tiny my baby is. My wife wants a girl and I want a boy. But like you said as long as our baby's healthy.

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty
DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:13 PM   #5
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Babies are great until you're trying to rehearse with a band for the first time in six years and your wife calls you because the little bugger's been screaming in her face for an hour and a half so you have to leave and go home like the emasculated father that you are.

sorry... having a bad night. welcome to fatherhood, and congratulations!
Old 06-18-2003, 09:17 PM   #6
wbonnell
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards
Babies are great until you're trying to rehearse with a band for the first time in six years and your wife calls you because the little bugger's been screaming in her face for an hour and a half so you have to leave and go home like the emasculated father that you are.

sorry... having a bad night. welcome to fatherhood, and congratulations!

Like I said, children come first...
wbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:17 PM   #7
Cuckoo
College Starter

Cam plays the tamborine. That's it, just the tamborine.

Oh, and congrats Dolphinfan. My wife and I had our first last October, and this little girl is truly a tremendous miracle. ...except when she's screaming - then she's just a really small miracle
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:28 PM   #8
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Congratz DolphinFan!!! Gee, 9 weeks, I bet he/she must very tiny.

We have one (already 6 y.o.) with another one on the way, due for beginning of 2004 (13 weeks pregnant) and I can't remember when we had the first ultrasound but my wife is telling me it's around week 18 or so. Even then, I thought he was amazingly tiny, so I must think that at 9 weeks, he must be amazingly small...

Congrats again, and as wbonnell said, from now on, it's children first, but oh boy how much they give back to you, amazing. Best of luck with the pregnancy!

FM
Old 06-18-2003, 09:56 PM   #9
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I remember very well hearing Graham's heartbeat for the first time (at our hospital, this is done quite a qhile before the ultrasound).

it was an amazing moment, and I couldn't hold back the tears. To imagine that little life growing inside my wife's belly was simply astounding to me.