Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Ok NFL, FEAR BUBBLES THE LION!

Set to be debuted 4/20 at Dunham's Sporting Goods in Madison Heights, MI.

Fear the LIONS!

M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

Hahaha:

"The black outline must never be removed from the logo, even when it is not visible on a dark background."

Who the fuck are the Lions to demand anything? They should've made the outline the color of shit.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

When all else fails...

When the world is against you and you have an uphill battle...

When you want your fans to think you are progressing forward...

Redesign your logo
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
Logan
Head Coach

I'm willing to bet that outside of the few who follow the Lions and the most diehard football fans, no one would notice the change.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Hahaha:

"The black outline must never be removed from the logo, even when it is not visible on a dark background."

Who the fuck are the Lions to demand anything? They should've made the outline the color of shit.

I loved that too. I bet that was written by Millen. The black outline does strike fear into the opponent, leaving them utterly helpless. In fact, it is so powerful it leaves the Lions players utterly helpless. Behold the power of the black outline, which shall exist even when invisible!
Old 04-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Are those helmets silver or white? Anyways, looks like the size of the lion dong changed, not much else.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

The Lion has eyes now? Is this because they couldn't see their opponents before?
Old 04-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

They should've just shown that truck jackknifed.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
Schmidty
Coordinator

I think it looks good. People just fear change.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Set to be debuted 4/20 at Dunham's Sporting Goods in Madison Heights, MI.

Stupid day to debut it. People who are somehow still fans will obviously be stoned out of their minds that day.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #11
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Well they can't make the team any worse so they uglied up the logo.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #12
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

I don't think it went far enough. I dislike the idea of going too far, but there isn't much of a change at all, and keeping the black outline just makes it laughable.

I see this every day and want this to be the Lions again.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I agree. I have no problem with the change. It's only some minor stuff to make the lion look "more fierce." Did it accomplish the mission? Eh. Maybe. Maybe not.

At least they didn't go do something radical like completely re-design the logo or add teal or anything.

Still, I understand... When you go 0-16 and (justifiably) have been the laughing stock of the league for the past 8-9 years, no move will go uncriticised or mocked.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I see this every day and want this to be the Lions again.

You want the Lions to be someone on the back of another dude pointing his finger in his face while listening to records?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #15
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
You want the Lions to be someone on the back of another dude pointing his finger in his face while listening to records?

You got me there, Mustang Sally.

How you like this?

Old 04-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #16
SFL Cat
College Starter

I'm afraid now.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

It looks like a logo a carmaker would use.

I mean I know it's Detroit and all, but still.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #18
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Well, at least this will give the MaxFB guys something to do while they are waiting for 3.0!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #19
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I was excited to hear they were changing their logo, but when I saw the truck a few weeks back, I was really hoping that it wouldn't be it. Cuz it sucks. I've been wanting to get a Lions shirt for a while now, and held out to see if I'd like this. Maybe I can find a t-shirt with a throwback logo somewhere.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #20
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I was excited to hear they were changing their logo, but when I saw the truck a few weeks back, I was really hoping that it wouldn't be it. Cuz it sucks. I've been wanting to get a Lions shirt for a while now, and held out to see if I'd like this. Maybe I can find a t-shirt with a throwback logo somewhere.

That's what I'd do. I haven't bought any Lions gear since the black bruise appeared around everything.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #21
SFL Cat
College Starter

I remember when I was a kid (60s, 70s) I used to think the Lions logo and colors were some of the coolest in the league. I'll never understand why people want to mess with a good thing.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #22
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Change has a more imposing front seven than the Lions.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #23
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The Lions are already the most feared team in the NFL... on draft day.... by the "draftees" "please don't pick me...please... please"
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #24
JeeberD
General Manager

Them Lions are totally frightening, yo....

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #25
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
... have been the laughing stock of the league for the past 8-9 years, no move will go uncriticised or mocked.

Welcome to my world.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #26
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Welcome to my world.

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 04-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #27
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I'm now wondering if the problem with the Lions is that their logo is taking the steroids, but the players aren't.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #28
Passacaglia
Coordinator

The weird thing is that even if I had a shirt of last year's logo, I don't think anyone would notice the difference -- you really need to examine the new logo to determine that it is different and uglier. On the other hand, if I buy a shirt with an old-school logo, my guess is that no one around here would recognize it as a Lions's shirt.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #29
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh, and I miss Dunham's.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #30
gstelmack
Pro Starter

At least we have the correct RGB colors now for all the websites...
Old 04-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #31
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I'm not noticing a difference. Gives the fans something to talk about, I guess, but most of the rest of the country isn't going to notice.

I'm all for management trying to give a top to bottom overhaul of a team that's stinking it up, so sure, mix things up. Not sure this was worth the time, but whatever.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #32
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Oh, and I miss Dunham's.

Fuck Dunham's! MC Sports is where it's at, yo! I worked at MC Sports for two years at both the "Tel Twelve" and "Ann Arbor" locations.

I once sold comedian Richard Lewis a pair of 25 lbs. dumb-bells and he tipped me $5 for the effort (I had to assemble them from free weights, since we were out of the solid kind.)
Old 04-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #33
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Fuck Dunham's! MC Sports is where it's at, yo! I worked at MC Sports for two years at both the "Tel Twelve" and "Ann Arbor" locations.

I once sold comedian Richard Lewis a pair of 25 lbs. dumb-bells and he tipped me $5 for the effort (I had to assemble them from free weights, since we were out of the solid kind.)

Oh, MC Sports was awesome, too. Are they still around?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #34
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Yep. They pretty much abandonded the Metro Detroit area and have spread out across the state to smaller cities. The Ann Arbor one is still around and the Brighton one is too (well, at least the sign is still up).
Old 04-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #35
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I worked in their headquarter offices in Kentwood for about a year doing some purchasing and accounting back in 2002. It was a fun company to work for.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #36
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Yep. They pretty much abandonded the Metro Detroit area and have spread out across the state to smaller cities. The Ann Arbor one is still around and the Brighton one is too (well, at least the sign is still up).

For some reason, I thought the one in Grand Rapids closed down. But they were there as far back as I can remember. Looked it up -- they're still in the Grand Rapids area, but the store I remember most closed down. They're in Illinois, too -- weird.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #37
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I worked in their headquarter offices in Kentwood for about a year doing some purchasing and accounting back in 2002. It was a fun company to work for.

Whoops, missed your post while I was looking it up -- Kentwood is the one I was thinking of. I didn't see that listed, but they're still in Grand Rapids and Wyoming.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #38
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
For some reason, I thought the one in Grand Rapids closed down. But they were there as far back as I can remember. Looked it up -- they're still in the Grand Rapids area, but the store I remember most closed down. They're in Illinois, too -- weird.

Were you thinking of the one across from Woodland Mall? The Headquarters are on that same street at the 32nd street intersection.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #39
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Were you thinking of the one across from Woodland Mall? The Headquarters are on that same street at the 32nd street intersection.

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. How do they let that store close down, but keep the one on Plainfield?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #40
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. How do they let that store close down, but keep the one on Plainfield?

Good question. You'd think a store on 28th street would do a ton more business, since Plainfield is pretty dead (at least it was when I left at the beginning of '04).
Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #41
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Whoops, missed your post while I was looking it up -- Kentwood is the one I was thinking of. I didn't see that listed, but they're still in Grand Rapids and Wyoming.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Good question. You'd think a store on 28th street would do a ton more business, since Plainfield is pretty dead (at least it was when I left at the beginning of '04).

Get a room.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #42
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Get a room.

Good idea. How about the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #43
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Bengals fans have dealt with the no move going uncriticized and unmocked bit for 20 years.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #44
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Wasnt the new Lions logo story broken 2 weeks ago at Sportsdigs?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #45
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Bengals fans have dealt with the no move going uncriticized and unmocked bit for 20 years.

Well, yes, but not every cable company carries Court TV, so it doesn't get noticed as much.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #46
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If the Bengals would ditch the striped pajamas I think they'd get a bit more respect. If they'd just remove the Tony Tiger marks off the orange alternates it would be a top 5 jersey
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #47
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Looks like that was the logo after all. Lame.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #48
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Looks like that was the logo after all. Lame.

Thanks for your feedback, Heidi Klum.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #49
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
Old 04-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #50
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I like the new design. I think the lion is vastly improved. It actually looks like a lion rather than an animal cracker.

I also like that they just tweaked it as opposed to a complete overhaul. I like traditional uniforms. I am generally not a fan of totally changing logos and color schemes. For example, I still very much prefer the old Buccaneer and Bronco uniforms to the new ones.