Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-23-2003, 12:25 PM   #1
condors
College Starter

ping katon-england keeper

Katon-i am sure you get to see more games than i, i thought richard wright had a heck of a year for everton and should get a shot at the national team, robinson(leeds) and kirkland(liverpool) probally in the mix for the replacement for David Seaman, do you think david james should be in the mix at all? I have seen him have howlers although right now i would take my chances with wright #1 and robinson #2 maybe have him as the third choice... your thoughts? anyone elses too if they follow the sport

condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 01:24 PM   #2
Katon
College Benchwarmer

I do see quite a few games, but they're all Chelsea matches. Having a season ticket to Stamford Bridge isn't really the best qualification to comment on Wright, especially given how Everton played when they came to visit us. That said, I think that Wright might be generally underestimated because he made such a mess of replacing Seaman at Arsenal. On the other hand, James might not be as bad as you think. He's hopeless at catching crosses, but against that he's an excellent shot-stopper. He also seems to be the only marquee player who West Ham fans are inclined to exempt from blame for their relegation. As for Robinson and Kirkland, I've never seen either of them play, so beyond the general young-good-etc. description, I don't really have much to add.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 04:34 PM   #3
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Wright and Upson would've been so helpful this year. *whine*
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 06:47 PM   #4
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Its hard for English keepers to get attention in the EPL, because that posiiton is dominated by Americans.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:56 PM   #5
aquavit
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
Its hard for English keepers to get attention in the EPL, because that posiiton is dominated by Americans.

Tim Howard at Man U is going to make three and then hopefully Hahnemann and Reading will get promoted next year!
aquavit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 09:10 AM   #6
condors
College Starter

i wouldn't be surprised if adin brown leaves mls after this season he has all the tools
condors is offline   Reply With Quote