Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-26-2003, 07:30 PM   #1
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

FOF4: Deleting logs/box files

Is this possible in FOF4?

I just opened up the universe file and deleted a whack of boxes and logs that were taking up disk space. When I opened FOF4, I find that I can't load my saved game (missing file). Luckily I could go back and "undo" my deleting and things work again. But I'm hesitant to try it again, or to use the "delete associated logs/boxes" option in the delete saved game menu for fear that this is some sort of bug.

(Yes, I check the solecismic.com FAQ. But it makes reference to "the sequel", which makes me think that section is out of date.)

Any advice?

Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 07:47 PM   #2
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

Re: FOF4: Deleting logs/box files

Quote:
Originally posted by Maple Leafs
Is this possible in FOF4?

I just opened up the universe file and deleted a whack of boxes and logs that were taking up disk space. When I opened FOF4, I find that I can't load my saved game (missing file). Luckily I could go back and "undo" my deleting and things work again. But I'm hesitant to try it again, or to use the "delete associated logs/boxes" option in the delete saved game menu for fear that this is some sort of bug.

(Yes, I check the solecismic.com FAQ. But it makes reference to "the sequel", which makes me think that section is out of date.)

Any advice?

When you delete your past saved games, you can delete the box and game logs along with it. I'm not sure about how you did it. I just keep all my game box scores and logs. I know that takes a lot of space.

If you use the delete option when deleting past save games, it should work fine. Just to be sure, back up your universe files.
Sorry, not sure if this was much help.

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty

Last edited by DolphinFan1 : 05-26-2003 at 07:48 PM.
DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote