Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-23-2003, 10:33 PM   #1
sooner333
College Starter

The end of an era

Well, folks, a four year stretch of my life ended yesterday, with closure tomorrow. Yep, my tenure at Norman High School has officially ended. I ended class yesterday and have graduation tomorrow and now I have a four month break before I start next year at Northwestern. Man, excited is such a non-expressive word for what I'm feeling now. It is sad though to reflect on the fact that friends will all be going separate ways, and that you will lose touch with many of them, but just the thrill of leaving home, not having the parental units looking over your shoulder every moment is great.

But, I've read the other thread about the end, and I will remember how these days will always be remembered fondly...at least if I remember the right moments. There will always be those stories that you may remember from doing things you shouldn't have been, or stories that will define your life for something positive. But, either way, I'll always treasure my years at NHS, treasure the friendships I made, and treasure the good (and bad) that I may have done.

In the end, I'm not sure I'll keep "sooner333", because I'm not going to the University of Oklahoma...kinda odd considering I'm still a huge Sooner fan, and am sad to not be able to go to all of the games next season. But, in the end, I'm sure its all for the better. Well, anyway, I'm done, but, I felt that I should write about the defining moment of my life thus far.

sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:41 PM   #2
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

well, you've made one step in the right direction - you didn't go to a school just because you liked their football team.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:46 PM   #3
JeeberD
General Manager

Northwestern as in the school in the Big Ten? Or as in Northwestern Oklahoma Univ (if one even exists). Either way, the best of luck to you in your college career. Have fun, but not too much fun.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:49 PM   #4
Daimyo
College Starter

Northwestern still plays in the Big Ten, so you can watch good football nearly every other saturday in the fall if you want. I think student tickets only cost $5 when I was a student (class of 2000).

EDIT: I still work at the university if you have any questions before you arrive.

Last edited by Daimyo : 05-23-2003 at 10:50 PM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:51 PM   #5
sooner333
College Starter

Northwestern as in the school in the Big 10...there is a NW OK St. though, in Alva, OK. Not going to that one. I'm really excited about Chicago/Evanston.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:57 PM   #6
bbor
Pro Starter

I wish i was still in high school...it was way better than the real world.....and the pussy was great

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 11:07 PM   #7
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by sooner333
Northwestern as in the school in the Big 10...there is a NW OK St. though, in Alva, OK. Not going to that one. I'm really excited about Chicago/Evanston.

Wow, congrats on the move up there. I'm sure it's gonna be quite a change from Norman. Hmmm, I think my girlfirend's cousin goes to NWU. Maybe I can you hook you up, bro!

Oh, and geez Clemente, get your mind out of the gutter. College chicks are much easier than high school girls. At least here they are. Don't know about those Canadian tramps...

Old 05-23-2003, 11:14 PM   #8
bbor
Pro Starter

Hey now...don't knock Canadian tramps..they taste like maple syrup

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:19 PM   #9
JeeberD
General Manager

Maple syrup is yum-alicious. Oh, and just to check, you didn't pee in the syrup, did you?

Old 05-23-2003, 11:23 PM   #10
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Me Chinese me play joke, me put peepee in your coke!

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 11:24 PM   #11
bbor
Pro Starter

Perhaps

Old 05-23-2003, 11:31 PM   #12
JeeberD
General Manager

Well, if you did, it would be perfect for your pancakes...

Old 05-23-2003, 11:37 PM   #13
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

Quote:
because I'm not going to the University of Oklahoma

then you missed your chance for four more years of high school
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 11:44 PM   #14
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by IMetTrentGreen
then you missed your chance for four more years of high school

Haha, well, I know it was a tounge-in-cheek comment, but you're not too far off from reality, considering a vast majority of college-bound students from NHS stay home to OU, it would be a lot of the same faces (and a whole lot more). People who know eachother already seem to stay together. There is one other student from my school heading up to Evanston too...so it should be good, but not too much of the same.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:52 PM   #15
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Nice to see another FOFC'er come to Chicago!

Good luck at Northwestern, it's a great school.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 11:55 PM   #16
Vince
Pro Starter

18 people from my high school class of 300 went to UC Santa Barbara with me, including one of my best friends. I don't talk to any of them regularly, and I only see the guy that was my really good friend on Monday nights, when we play intramural basketball (not on the same team though). Unless you're pretty close with the one guy, I'd assume you probably won't see each other much. But that's not a bad thing. Leaving for College was probably the best thing I ever did...I absolutely love it, and I love the freedom of being away from my parents, yet the security in knowing that I can go visit. Good luck man!
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 06:50 PM   #17
tucker342
Pro Starter

good luck at NW!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 08:56 AM   #18
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

good luck, Josh. Have a great summer, and don't forget to study once school starts.

Trust me on this one.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:33 AM   #19
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats on graduating. Chicago is a great town, make sure you venture down there often. I moved about 7 months ago after having lived in that area the past 5 years, so if you want any info about the area, I'd be happy to try and fill you in. Good luck to ya,

Jamie
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote