Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Official NFL Division PLayoffs Thread

Nice to see the Colts start with a 3&out and a nice punt return

Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
TroyF
Coordinator

I know Bob Sanders is good and all, but when did he turn the Colts defense into the '85 Bears?

So the first series sees the Ravens with two runs and a short pass and punt and the Colts run three straight times for a first down. Yeah, I expected that one.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #3
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Bah, I want TDs not FGs!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #4
TroyF
Coordinator

Huge stuff there. Still, Colts have to be happy with that start. They get three points, eat up over 5 minutes of clock on that drive.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:49 PM   #5
Vince
Pro Starter

Kind of crazy, it looked like Baltimore wasn't even prepared for the 3rd down play, then stuffed the crap out of them.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
Z²+
High School JV

Anyone else notice they started the first quarter with 23:00 on the clock?

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!
Z²+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #7
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Kind of crazy, it looked like Baltimore wasn't even prepared for the 3rd down play, then stuffed the crap out of them.

Didn't look like the Colts Line was prepared either
Old 01-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #8
kingfc22
Head Coach

Can we get some officials that ACTUALLY make a ruling while the play is in progress?
Old 01-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #9
Vince
Pro Starter

Fumble! This is about as great a start as Indy could have ever hoped for.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #10
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

F'ing nice hit by Nick Harper! The refs better rule that a fumble

Last edited by Greyroofoo : 01-13-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #11
TroyF
Coordinator

Sometimes you watch a game and realize six year olds could do a better job of reffing. That was an EASY call, even at full speed. The official took his eye off the player to make a spot. Just a horrific call. Lets hope they get it right on the replay.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #12
TroyF
Coordinator

Good to see they got it right. Huge stand coming up for the Ravens defense. They don't want to be down double digits this early.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:57 PM   #13
kingfc22
Head Coach

Good D!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #14
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Ping Colts:

Stop trying to be cute!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #15
TroyF
Coordinator

Great D by the Ravens. Also great D by the Colts thus far. Colts had a decent drive the first time, ugly that time. Ravens still don't have a first down. Still, they gotta be happy only being down six now. Could be much worse. Colts are just HAMMERING the Ravens ball carriers on both defense and special teams.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:05 PM   #16
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Great D by the Colts!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #17
TroyF
Coordinator

Someone taught the Colts D to hit people over the last few weeks. I'm not sure where, but they have been just drilling people the last two weeks. Today even more than last week.

Another horrific call. That was CLEARLY PI.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #18
Vince
Pro Starter

Is it just me or was that a terrible call?
Old 01-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #19
st.cronin
General Manager

Wow, that was a pitiful acting job by ... Harrison? Whoever it was that "fell down."

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #20
kingfc22
Head Coach

There are some big hits early in this game. Man, I love playoff football.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #21
TroyF
Coordinator

Beyond terrible. Grabbing a guy by the shirt and throwing him to the ground fifteen yards down the field isn't "enough" to be PI? That's not only a horrible call, but one that can change the momentum of the game.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #22
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Wow, that was a pitiful acting job by ... Harrison? Whoever it was that "fell down."

I just replayed it in TIVO, and I'm not sure I could disagree with your assessemnt more than I do now.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #23
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Beyond terrible. Grabbing a guy by the shirt and throwing him to the ground fifteen yards down the field isn't "enough" to be PI? That's not only a horrible call, but one that can change the momentum of the game.

pfffffft
It was pure act, there was no PI

knives out
Old 01-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #24
Vince
Pro Starter

I'm with Troy...I think that was clearly PI after watching the replay. In real time, I thought he might be diving because he knew he couldn't get there.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #25
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I just replayed it in TIVO, and I'm not sure I could disagree with your assessemnt more than I do now.

knives out
Old 01-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #26
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Someone taught the Colts D to hit people over the last few weeks. I'm not sure where, but they have been just drilling people the last two weeks. Today even more than last week.

Another horrific call. That was CLEARLY PI.

Clearly PI

Bob Sanders is clearly the Heart of the Indy Defense.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #27
TroyF
Coordinator

Just watched a third time and tried to look at it from a die hard Colts hater. . . and I still can't find anything that makes me think that was a dive. Manning pump faked and the CB was clearly fooled. At the VERY least he cut off the route illegaly, but it's pretty clear to me he grabbed jersey and threw. I just don't see anything that tells me that's a dive.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #28
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

you know what this game needs?

more commercials
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #29
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, I don't really want to argue this, but ... one hand on the chest and he falls down? That's either acting, or true clumsiness. I guess it could be PI, but no way should dude have fallen down. I'm sure he embellished.

knives out
Old 01-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #30
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Well, I don't really want to argue this, but ... one hand on the chest and he falls down? That's either acting, or true clumsiness. I guess it could be PI, but no way should dude have fallen down. I'm sure he embellished.

My last post on it too. . . but how is a handful of jersey turn into a "hand on the chest?"

He clearly grabbed jersey. You can say what you want about the throwing motion, which I think was pretty damned clear, but in no way was that just a minor hand on the chest. Ridiculous call, just a ridiculous call.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #31
TroyF
Coordinator

Ravens exploiting the Colts D now. Running at will and setting up the play action. Next offensive possession is huge for the Colts , no matter how this drive ends up. (and it sure looks like a TD coming here in a second)
Old 01-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #32
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

arg McNair!!

bad for the over
Old 01-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #33
TroyF
Coordinator

Spoke to soon. Horrific play by McNair there. He did the same thing against Denver earlier this year. You gotta be careful with the ball there.

Still a huge possession for the Colts. Backed up against the goal line, if they don't get a couple of first downs, the Ravens will have the ball right back down there in a second anyway. Plus, any Manning mistake will be devastating on this part of the field.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #34
TroyF
Coordinator

God, I HATE Ray Lewis. I still can't believe I had him on my all-time team. That just kills me.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #35
Vince
Pro Starter

I think that those first few rushed 3rd downs were just bait to get the Ravens to start jumping offsides for the rest of the game.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #36
Vince
Pro Starter

Wow, lucky as hell.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #37
kingfc22
Head Coach

Where is the holding on that play? The LB got tackled in the backfield.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #38
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
God, I HATE Ray Lewis. I still can't believe I had him on my all-time team. That just kills me.

So he is not a good LB?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:47 PM   #39
TroyF
Coordinator

Did I say that? I think in his younger days, he may have been one of the top three MLB's in the history of the league.

He was also the centerpiece of the all-time team I put together that won the vote on FOFC.

My hatred of a player doesn't blind me to how good he is. I passed that point sometime around my sixth birthday.

Last edited by TroyF : 01-13-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #40
TroyF
Coordinator

That was a monster drive from the Colts. Got away with a Manning INT, but I never heard any NE fans complain about the breaks they got over the years.

If the Ravens end up losing the game, the McNair pass, followed by the Colts drive will be the reason it happened.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:50 PM   #41
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Did I say that? I think in his younger days, he may have been one of the top three MLB's in the history of the league.

He was also the centerpiece of the all-time team I put together that won the vote on FOFC.

My hatred of a player doesn't blind me to how good he is. I passed that point sometime around my sixth birthday.

I was just clarifying. I interpreted your statement as am expression of regret for putting on him on your all time team based on your dislike of him.

I.E. I hate Peyton Manning so he is not an all time great.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 01-13-2007 at 04:51 PM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #42
TroyF
Coordinator

Manning just has to complete that pass. Just no excuse for missing one like that. I think the Manning haters are, for the most part, complete morons. But that's a pass he has to make.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #43
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #44
TroyF
Coordinator

If Clark had caught that ball, he may have run for another twenty yards inside the five. The guy slipped adn he had him torched.

Vintage Manning on this drive. Running the offense perfectly. But that drop may end it. Either way, they are in FG range for Adam V. if there aren't any mistakes made.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #45
Desnudo
Coordinator

Looks like I picked the wrong day to take the over
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #46
TroyF
Coordinator

What is the O/U on this one? You could easily see a few TD's in the fourth if the score stands the way it is. The Ravens will be taking more chances on both sides of the ball. I could easily see some points in the fourth.

Huge, huge series coming up for the Ravens. They need to get their O back on the field quickly.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #47
Desnudo
Coordinator

41. Grow some balls Billick. One play, punt wiped out.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #48
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

nice catch reggie
Old 01-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #49
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
41. Grow some balls Billick. One play, punt wiped out.

No kidding. Is that Billick, or Herm Edwards?

knives out
Old 01-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #50
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

terrible challenge. Billick is coaching them right out of this game