Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2003, 01:02 PM   #101
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Katon
I can see three different units that can almost see into the gap. Why not just move one of them over?

If we are referring to the clearing, then yes, I have set up machine gun posts to ambush the enemy in the clearing, why have my soldiers in the clearing with no coverage against mortar or gunfire?

It's almost a funnel where the enemy has to rush through the clearing (like a gauntlet) to pierce the middle.

If your boys want to volunteer to sit in the middle of it waiting for the enemy be my guest.

Quote:

If we are in agreement that we should be drawing them into the gap, then I’m willing to carry out this difficult mission. The 1st Armored Platoon will launch an offensive against the Japanese, then retreat towards the open gap that’s created by the falling back of troops. If all goes according to plan, the enemy will follow us into the open gap, where they will be met with a mortar strike and ambush.

Once we get them following us, don’t leave me hanging guys!

If you mean the clearing then yes, I 'll dig in an wait for you to draw them in...please have our ammo restocked and Captain you may want to make sure machine gunners are deployed in positions to be most lethal...you can have that mortar ready to rain fire as well...

I'm not going anywhere for an advance, but I'll watch your back if you draw them in. (As long as my captain is okay by it, I mean heck, he wants me cleaing toilets after the action is done )
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 01:20 PM   #102
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I'm in zone 4, to the SW edge of the graveyard. Just to be clear, the expected path of the Japanese force will be from the north?

What exactly am I looking at to my north. It would appear to be the tail end of a swamp? Looks bluish liquidy.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 01:27 PM   #103
DataKing
Pro Rookie

damnMikeBrown: The rice paddy is to your west ("Up" on the map). It is labelled as such. You may need to scroll over a bit to see the entire map for Zone 4.

Everyone: Remember a couple of things, please.

1. West is "Up" and east is "Down" for these maps.
2. Don't worry too much about the nitty-gritty details with the maps. They're only there to help with visualization.
3. Armor attacks through heavy terrain like this, without infantry support, is a very risky proposition.
4. Bertogarce and the other guys in Zone 1 are the ones contemplating a move, but we have yet to receive any support of definitive "go" or "no go." That's probably up to the Captain.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 01:41 PM   #104
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Speaking as a Captain, I would say that I do not support a local counter-attack at this time. We do not know enough about the enemy force besides the fact that they probably outnumber us greatly. If units move forward then they lose cover and any entrenchment values that they have made thus far. Also, armor without infantry support is fodder for assaulting infantry. While I do not support the local attack, I still leave the ultimate decision to my lieutenants.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:01 PM   #105
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Sachmo, if you are worried only about the fact of an armor attack without infantry support, i will send in 1 or 2 squads for support. I am having trouble decide if we should be cautious or all out. It would be safe to just wait, but i have an urge to see what our guys can do. Maybe we wait a few turns to see how it works out to see if they are going after a center? An assult does seem risky(even though I suggested it), but the benifits could be huge, right?

Dataking, is a trap feasible with the game or is it something that has no chance to work?
Old 03-04-2003, 02:13 PM   #106
jfbbis
n00b

Do "on high ground" mean my platoon has a line of sight on the clearing ? the graveyard ? the rice paddy ?
jfbbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:17 PM   #107
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by DataKing
If you're referring to the infantry to your east, those are Lt. Qwikshot's boys, and they're busy hosing the enemy infantry that keep entering "The Clearing."

Partly them, as I wasn't sure if they could shoot into the clearing through what for some reason I thought was jungle. I just misread the map. There are also two units (armor?) on the other side of the passage that could be moved to cover it. Of course, if the gap is as insignificant as you say, there's no need to bother.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:48 PM   #108
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I'd preach caution. There may be a time for a counter assault, but outnumbered, and without intelligence on enemy assets, it wouldn't be a counter assault. It would be a probe. I don't think we've got the #'s to be doing that. The Japanese have the initiative. My advice would be wait for them to show their hand & commit in some manner. From that, we could formulate a counter strike.

Alternatively, a cauctious advance made by a few squads, along the axis of the Japanese advance, could provide some intelligence. If nothing else, they could call for fire from the mortar teams.

I'd advocate standing firm, however.

19-D, Scouts Out!
Old 03-04-2003, 03:03 PM   #109
DataKing
Pro Rookie

The Afoci: The trap that you guys have been discussing is feasible, but there are a couple of things to bear in mind:

1. If the Japanese are able to break out of the pocket to the south (left), then we're in trouble. We're spread thin, and have very little to call on at the rear.
2. Any unit that moves loses the benefits of whatever cover and entrenchment they've managed to build. This reduces their effectiveness as a defensive unit. This makes a much bigger difference for infantry than it does for armor.

jfbbis: If the visibility were better, then these tanks would have an improved line of sight. However, the pouring rain means these units can't see much of anything right now. Only one of them can see even a portion of the clearing, and that is the very southern end. I was under the impression this platoonwas being held in reserve.

Katon: Those little gaps are small enough that nothing should slip through unnoticed.

I'm going to play the next turn or two this evening, so you boys in Zone 1 are going to want to make up your minds pretty soon.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 03-04-2003, 03:07 PM   #110
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Alright boys what are we going to do, go all out or sit and wait?
Old 03-04-2003, 03:07 PM   #111
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Has Captain Coffee Warlord doomed his men? Find out next time!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 03:20 PM   #112
jfbbis
n00b

"I was under the impression this platoonwas being held in reserve."
We are in reserve . I jut wanted to know if we could give supporting fire from where we are.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:29 PM   #113
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
Alright boys what are we going to do, go all out or sit and wait?

Well, it is up to the Captain, but I am in favor of going all out...let's draw them into the gap. We need to establish right away that we are here to win, and we will do whatever is necessary to do so...
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 03:32 PM   #114
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Funny, we "win" this scenerio by holding the objective as long as possible and exiting units from the map...
Old 03-04-2003, 03:36 PM   #115
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

If capt says it alright, prepare 2 of my squads to run with tank to draw them back in.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:56 PM   #116
Aesyrqwe
High School JV

Personally im against such an ambush. Intelligence has not told us how many Japanese soldiers there are. With their slow probing of our lines they may be trying to draw US in. Also, if this left flank were to fall because of this ambush, our lines in the east will be jeapordized and open to be routed. We could end up losing more ground, more men, and most importantly, we would fail our mission...
#8 Grossman
#33 Tillman
Aesyrqwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:04 PM   #117
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Lt. Bootlicker is right. We should play it safe it is only the first mission. We still have a long way to go. Lets all try to stay alive its only the first mission.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:44 PM   #118
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I leave the choice up to you, Lt Bootlicker.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:49 PM   #119
bertogarce
Mascot

I respect the comments of Captain Sachmo. While part of me really wants to go all out at this time, I cede to the better judgement of the Captain. Put me down as now being in favor of playing it safe.
bertogarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:49 PM   #120
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I don't know, I don't think they will be able to drive through the front of gap, the only problem i see is that they don't fall for our trap and hit us in a weakened area of our line.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:55 PM   #121
Aesyrqwe
High School JV

Well, in that case Coffee, sir, it is my belief that we do not go through with this planned "ambush". We would be sending our weakened forces of an already hurting left flank into the unknown. The game has just started, and i know we are all antsy, but i am opposed to sending out our reserves which are needed to reinforce that left flank. I know I'm not in charge of the soldiers out there, but i do not want to see an ambush which may ultimately end in us getting surrounded or a failed mission...

Edit: I seemed to have misunderstood Cpt. Coffee's order. I still stay true to my opinion on the matter, however.
#8 Grossman
#33 Tillman

Last edited by Aesyrqwe : 03-04-2003 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:29 PM   #122
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

I agree with Lt. Bootlicker. This Bootlicker has a good head on him. Wouldn't want to see it blown off in the first mission. Bootlicker could go a long way with me supporting him.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:33 PM   #123
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I think that rain raven has final say over what my troops do, but with no armor support it would fail. Maybe we should wait to see how it evolves....I still say, ambush, but....
Old 03-04-2003, 07:18 PM   #124
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh, wait. You musta misread my orders, Aesyrqwe.

JeffNights, currently in reserve, is reinforcing an already hurting position (the left)

I had planned for *you*, on the right flank (where it's presently quiet), to advance and flank the corridor position. If you don't think you can get there, don't do it.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 03-04-2003 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:25 PM   #125
DataKing
Pro Rookie

ORDERS ARE NOW CLOSED.

I am progressing the battle a little bit this evening, so no more orders until I have the next battle report up.

I also have a question for you all. I am thinking of creating a different thread for the actual battle reports and such. The reason for this is that, for people that just want to read about the results, there is a lot of other stuff here for them to sift through. This would be one concise place for the story, the battle reports, the situational maps, and other "reader material," and we could keep discussion of orders here.

Please respond, if you have an opinion, via PM rather than posting here. Thanks.

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-04-2003, 07:34 PM   #126
Aesyrqwe
High School JV

Well, looks like I missed out on sending orders. Oh well, I'll send them out tomorrow.Hmm... I still don't like this "ambush" idea, but its not my call. About flanking the corridor, sir, however. If i were to do so, it would be only if Lt. Superman=#54 and his armor platoon is in full agreement to do so. I would not like to leave his armor alone. I can see where you want me to go (that is, of course, unless i misread your orders again). You would like me to hit the advancing Japanese advance from the northwest. For me to do this I would be sending my platoon right into unknown land. I could get hit from any side and sent right back. This would also leave a gap in our lines. I would like to remind you sir that this is a delay mission, and excessive casualties is not needed. (Sorry if I sound to insubordinate with this sir, but i must speak my mind on this matter...)
#8 Grossman
#33 Tillman
Old 03-04-2003, 10:20 PM   #127
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I fully believe in my officers speaking their minds. If you see something I don't, speak up or go for it on your own. The mighty Lackey, Bootlicker, and Flunky are in command of their own platoons for a reason.

I also fully believe in cutting my officers out of the gambling proceeds when they screw up.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:23 PM   #128
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Luzon, The Phillipines

December 11th, 1941

18:30 Hours

Shouts of “Medic!” and “Man down!” are heard across the lines, mixed in with the cacophony of battle. Heavy fighting is reported across the line.

Zone 1
A squad of Japanese infantry attempt to exploit the gap created between 1st and 2nd Platoons, but are repulsed by various Marine infantry elements, and heavy fire from Lieutenant bertogarce’s personal Stuart tank.

But at the same time, no less than two full platoons of Japanese infantry rush Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon. The fighting is fierce, and our brave Marines give better than they get, but the weight of numbers begins to play a factor. Casualties mount, particularly amongst Captain RainRaven’s machinegun teams, and the Marines are forced to give ground. At least eight Marines are dead or wounded.

Zone 2
Insubordination can be a good thing! Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s hesitance to move his 2nd Platoon forward proves to be the right move, as Japanese infantry begin to appear out of the trees in front of them. Properly dug in and unsuppressed, they are able to fight the enemy off without losses. Lieutenant Superman=#54’s tanks stand fast right behind them, ready to move forward if necessary and bring their full weight to bear.

Just as American 60mm mortar shells begin to pound the corridor, at least a platoon of infantry charge at the Marines’ lines to Captain Coffee Warlord’s left. The fighting is fierce, and not without cost, but Lieutenant Breeze’s 1st Platoon succeeds in fending off the advancing enemy, giving up very little ground in the process.

As all of this is going on, 81mm mortar shells begin slamming home to Lieutenant Breeze’s left, and if any Japanese are there to attempt to press the flank, they make no move to do so. A couple of Lieutenant JeffNights’ squads from 3rd Platoon are close to reinforcing the company’s left, with more on the way, while Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Armored (including a very grateful Sergeant Reeves) withdraw towards a more defensible position.

Zone 3
Much to Captain Blade6119’s dismay, he cannot get his 81mm mortars on the radio as his squad moves into position to lay more fire on the clearing. Just as his own 60mm’s begin laying down fire and death on the far side of the clearing, shouts of “Incoming!” are heard from the trees at the west and east edges of the clearing. Japanese mortar shells begin to fall, suppressing some of the units located there.

Hot on the heels of the bombardment, more and more Japanese infantry begin to pour out of the trees. Some manage to gain at least a temporary foothold on the far end of the clearing, and others work their way into the tree-line at the west end.

The enemy appears in greater strength on the edges of zone three as well. To the west, Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon is hit by Japanese infantry. Casualties are reported on both sides, and one of 1st Platoon’s squads is forced to retreat.

To the east, Lieutenant Katon’s 3rd Platoon reports further contact with the Japanese. Katon’s boys fight bravely, though, and hold their own against the advancing enemy, though not without cost.

Zone 4
On the western edge of the rice paddy, Captain ardent enthusiast’s machinegun teams succeed in laying waste to the brave (though foolish) squad of Japanese that attempted to charge across.

At the eastern edge of the graveyard, support machineguns and heavy rifle fire from Lieutenant Marino’s 1st Platoon take care of business against another advancing squad of Japanese.

More Japanese infantry try their luck in the middle, between the rice paddy and the graveyard, but a Stuart tank commanded by Sergeant Bryan from Lieutenant Icjjdnh’s 1st Armored moves forward to the tree-line and decimates the Japanese with cannon and machinegun fire. Heartened by this bold move, the rest of 1st Armored moves up to the edge of the tree-line as well.

ORDERS

Zone 1
The gap between 1st and 2nd Platoons has not been exploited, but Lieutenant The Afoci’s 1st Platoon, along with the company’s machinegun teams, are taking heavy fire on the eastern edge of the zone, and are being forced back through sheer weight of numbers. This has placed two of Lieutenant bertogarce’s Stuarts in vulnerable positions, where it is possible for the enemy to close in on them and attempt to assault. Remember that you haven’t brought any of your artillery to bear yet.

Zone 2
The Meat Grinder is holding up pretty well. To the left, Lieutenant Breeze’s 1st Platoon is under heavy fire, but is holding its ground, and the mortar strikes to his left appear to be holding the enemy back there.

To the right, Lieutenant Aesyrqwe’s 2nd Platoon has fought off the Japanese that have begun to appear there, and Lieutenant Superman=#54’s Stuarts are right behind them, in case anything goes wrong.

Lieutenant JeffNights’ 3rd Platoon is moving into position to reinforce 1st Platoon, and will begin to arrive in a few minutes. They are capable of going immediately to Breeze’s left, so no shift by him is necessary. Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Armored has withdrawn a short distance, out of harm’s way from Japanese infantry.

Zone 3
The Japanese have thrown a couple of platoons at “The Clearing,” and have established a foothold, as well as pressuring the units on the west side of the clearing. The defenses have begun to show signs of wavering.

To the west of the clearing, Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon has taken a few casualties fighting off Japanese infantry, and have begun to give a little ground. Lieutenant Tasan’s 3rd Armored is right behind him though, in case things get bad.

To the east, Lieutenant Katon’s 3rd Platoon has been bloodied as well, but has fought off the enemy so far without budging an inch.

Zone 4
It appears safe for armor to move up to the tree-line, as the enemy is unable to get close enough to attempt assaults on the tanks without being seen, so that is exactly what Lieutenant Icjjdnh’s 1st Armored has done. Captain WSUCougar’s Stuarts have remained behind the tree-line for now, though.

More infantry is trying to work its way across the rice paddy, but appear to be easy pickings for Lieutenant samifan24’s 1st Platoon and the company’s machinegun teams.

Zone 4 has yet to call upon their 60mm or 81mm mortars. The 60mms are integral, but the 81mms can be “loaned” to another company if you like.

The graveyard appears to be clear, at least for the moment. (Handy, having a graveyard right here, for when it comes time to bury the enemy dead. ).

ORDERS ARE NOW OPEN!

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-04-2003, 11:43 PM   #129
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lieutenant sterlingice’s 3rd Armored has withdrawn a short distance, out of harm’s way from Japanese infantry.

Is there anywhere we can go where we would be helpful in any sort of capacity but not in immediate danger? I don't like this sitting on the sideline stuff.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 11:56 PM   #130
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nice call, Lt Bootlicker. You get an extra 5 percent of the weekly poker proceeds this week. I may redirect some mortar fire your way if you receive additional pressure.

To my Lieutenants, no new orders. Do what you gotta do.

Continue mortar fire. Still requesting howitzer strikes in my sector.

And Lt Sterlingice, unless your heavy guns can reach the Corridor and lay down further suppressing fire, sit tight and have a cigarette.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 03-04-2003 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:17 AM   #131
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Luzon, The Phillipines

December 11th, 1941

18:30 Hours

Shouts of “Medic!” and “Man down!” are heard across the lines, mixed in with the cacophony of battle. Heavy fighting is reported across the line.

Zone 3
Much to Captain Blade6119’s dismay, he cannot get his 81mm mortars on the radio as his squad moves into position to lay more fire on the clearing. Just as his own 60mm’s begin laying down fire and death on the far side of the clearing, shouts of “Incoming!” are heard from the trees at the west and east edges of the clearing. Japanese mortar shells begin to fall, suppressing some of the units located there.

Hot on the heels of the bombardment, more and more Japanese infantry begin to pour out of the trees. Some manage to gain at least a temporary foothold on the far end of the clearing, and others work their way into the tree-line at the west end.

The enemy appears in greater strength on the edges of zone three as well. To the west, Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon is hit by Japanese infantry. Casualties are reported on both sides, and one of 1st Platoon’s squads is forced to retreat.

To the east, Lieutenant Katon’s 3rd Platoon reports further contact with the Japanese. Katon’s boys fight bravely, though, and hold their own against the advancing enemy, though not without cost.

Zone 3
The Japanese have thrown a couple of platoons at “The Clearing,” and have established a foothold, as well as pressuring the units on the west side of the clearing. The defenses have begun to show signs of wavering.

To the west of the clearing, Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon has taken a few casualties fighting off Japanese infantry, and have begun to give a little ground. Lieutenant Tasan’s 3rd Armored is right behind him though, in case things get bad.

To the east, Lieutenant Katon’s 3rd Platoon has been bloodied as well, but has fought off the enemy so far without budging an inch.

Semper Fi!

hmmm....well bu the sound of it alone it seems that the clearing has more troops than anywhere else, and my command squad is already deployed there. That mortar blasting into them would be a nice help ,but we have to make due with what we got. We must try to hold the line for a longer period of time, for we do have the crucial zone. it is the biggest, and also has two bordering zones.

Men: if our zone falls we will systematically bring about the defeat of this army, so we will not retreat until ordered to. Now i am very aware that they are comin on strong, so again...if you think you need to give some ground, do so(Qwiksoht, in your orders remeber you still have the machine gun crew). My command squad will await the decision of my 3 offivers before we decide where to move. If you believe a need for reinforcements befits your zone over Qwikshots, just say so. I will review it and respond. If one unit falls back, we need to have all 3 units fall back...flanking is a big facotor in this gamem and we cannot allow them to hit our sides as we will be wiped out. So here are my individual orders for what, in genreal(you take care of details), i want to be carried out.

Lieutenant tucker342: I might suggest a small fallback to your 1 retreating unit...if not, hold your ground, as reviewing the situation for the enitre army, i'm not to sure we will be sticking around too long. It still sounds like the clearing is the main objective of the enemy troops in our zone, so giving up your corresponding spot would surley doom the center and right flanks.

Lieutenant Qwikshot: The only orderes i have for you are to kill as many as you can before falling back......we will eventually give them the center, but make them pay dearly for it. My squad will help you until futher notice, and deploy them how you see fit unless otherwise noted. When it gets to the point where you feel the fall back is required, you jave my support...but with make sure the machine gunners give em a going away present .

Lieutenant Katon: You look to be faring the best right now...you have oushed back the enemy, but more will come....dig in for now, but if the rest of the company falls back, do notI leave compromise your flanks trying to hold...If you feel no pressure from the enemy, a move to support would be nice, but could also expose a hole between us and zone 4....i would prefer a strong defensive stand here, possible delaying any japanese advance.

Please respond with any comments on my tactics, for i value all of your insight. The orders are pending, as change is more than likely based on our current situation.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 12:18 AM   #132
Blade6119
Coordinator

oh, and Lieutenant tasan, if you could do anything to help tuckers boys it would be nice, but we may be falling back to you anyway.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:27 AM   #133
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Could we have another map update please?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 03-05-2003, 01:16 AM   #134
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I will post new battle maps when requested, and when I feel they are pertinent. I don't mind doing them, but they take some time to put together. Just so you all know.

Here is the updated map for Zone 3, Qwikshot.

Semper Fi!
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-05-2003, 02:28 AM   #135
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Thanks for the map, having viewed it, I still feel we're better dug in (waiting on those mortars!)

If I'm seeing correctly the enemy has to run through rice paddies (swamp?) to get to the clearing so they're not in favorable position.

I'm concerned about the westernmost(?) tip of my crew (it looks like an 8 and 9) are in a bad way.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 03-05-2003, 03:31 AM   #136
Tasan
College Starter

Roger that Cptn Blade6119.

Platoon, get 'em cranked and prepare to cover Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon in a fallback manuver. Provide covering fire and withdraw behind the infantry to secure overlook positions when they have cleared. Can we get some directed mortar fire to cover the fallback?

Oh yeah and boys, make 'em bleed real good for any ground they get.

Last edited by Tasan : 03-05-2003 at 03:32 AM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:09 AM   #137
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Captain Coffee,

I would like to keep the mortors coming, at least until reinforcements arrive. If they need to be redirected at that point do so. Plus, get those howitzers out here. Tell them if they don't show soon, we'll call in their markers.

Men,

Dig in a little deeper, keep your heads down, and hold the line. Help should arrive is a couple minutes.

Lt. Lackey
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:14 AM   #138
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I plan on keeping your mortar strikes right where they are, Lt Lackey.

Captain: Radioman Boris!

Radioman: Da, comrade kaptain?

Captain: Continue sending request for howitzer support in our area. Inform them I have enough IOU's from their unit to repossess one of the damn things.

Radioman: Da, kapitan! HQ! We are beink under heavy attack. Pleased to beink firink howitzers now, zlotniks.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 03-05-2003 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:22 AM   #139
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Do we suffer any negative consequences for the command squad getting shot? If so, are we sure we want Infantry 3 Command that close to the clearing? Nice to know that my lot are holding out. I think trying to flank the enemies in the clearing would be a bit of a gamble - if it goes well than we've really weakened the main enemy assault, but it involves weakening my position and abandoning fortifications. I get the impression that the battle is going well enough so far that we don't really need to gamble. My platoon stays where it is unless/until the people in the clearing have trouble keeping on top of things there.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 10:01 AM   #140
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Note: The blue stuff on that map (to the north of the clearing and along the line) is smoke, not rice paddy or swamp. For some reason, the snapshot program makes it look blue.

I'll remove the smoke on future maps.
Allegiances:
Awards:

Last edited by DataKing : 03-05-2003 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:51 AM   #141
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I am communicating with ardent enthusiast regarding this dynasty via e-mail, due to his connectivity issues, and I will relay his orders and comments here, for the benefit of his men and others.

Currently, he has no new orders for his men. Since Zone 4 seems to be pretty well in hand, he is willing to "loan out" his 81mm mortars to someone else who feels the particular need for more fire support (Hint hint Blade6119).
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-05-2003, 11:13 AM   #142
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Could I get a map on what is going on? Did we try to set up an ambush? From the sounds of it, the japanese went east not west and are ready to punch through the lines? I don't know what is going on. Please help.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:18 AM   #143
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Could I get a map on what is going on? Did we try to set up an ambush? From the sounds of it, the japanese went east not west and are ready to punch through the lines? I don't know what is going on. Please help.

I'm at work right now, so I can't put a map together until I get home this evening.

The Japanese did strike mostly to the east, rather than west, running right into your line. Your platoon has been pushed back a little bit, but not much. Other than that, things stand pretty much where they were with the last map.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-05-2003, 12:34 PM   #144
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I am communicating with ardent enthusiast regarding this dynasty via e-mail, due to his connectivity issues, and I will relay his orders and comments here, for the benefit of his men and others.

Currently, he has no new orders for his men. Since Zone 4 seems to be pretty well in hand, he is willing to "loan out" his 81mm mortars to someone else who feels the particular need for more fire support (Hint hint Blade6119).

i wouldn't at all mind the added firepower, and any help is gretly appreciated.

I though the blue was enemy troops, which is why i was soo afraid...with the knowledge i have know, a stand at current positions is fine...Tasan, keeping your tanks in the battle for another round would help. Sorry for the mixed-up orders
Demotivation
Old 03-05-2003, 12:39 PM   #145
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

All Broadsword elements, hold your positions. Remeber to fall back WITH the infantry...do not leave them exposed, or yourselves. If you have to move quick, load the squads onto your hulls. We are just mobile pillboxes in this one, so move wherever the infantry needs you most. Good luck.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:36 PM   #146
jfbbis
n00b

Maybe time for my platoon to advance just behind Qwikshot and give him support ? What does my captain think of it ?
Old 03-05-2003, 02:19 PM   #147
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I realise I never sent the order for my men to dig in. While we've done nothing yet, laying on the ground isn't good for getting a proper amount of sleep. Digging a foxhole for the BAR, and some hasties for the rest, will provide a much better environment for relaxing, and listening to the other's gunplay.

Zone 4: Lt. damnMikeBrown orders the platoon to entrench.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:24 PM   #148
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I want my guys to dig in an hold as long as they can here right now. If I am getting hammered in the east, could I get some mortar support here or anything?

Data-did we go through with the ambush plan even thought they didn't fall for it (yet)?
Old 03-05-2003, 03:25 PM   #149
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

I would like to move up to Lt. Bootlicker and support his men with my tanks. Put my tanks in attack range. I have a feeling about the next few turns.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:26 PM   #150
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I want my guys to dig in an hold as long as they can here right now. If I am getting hammered in the east, could I get some mortar support here or anything?

Data-did we go through with the ambush plan even thought they didn't fall for it (yet)?

Your guys are holding on as best they can, but are being forced back through sheer weight of numbers. Mortar fire to your front is a definite possibility.

Regarding the ambush plan, it didn't sound to me like there was a definite go-ahead with the plan, so you guys did not conduct it.
Allegiances:
Awards: