Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2005, 01:20 AM   #301
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 2, 2014 -

Today we play at Chelsea in the first leg of the Quarter Final of the Champions League. Chelsea is 2nd in the EPL and they are a World Class Team. They are led by star striker Adriano who has 25 goals. Freddy Adu is their main attacking midfielder and he is 2nd on the team with 11 assists. Stefan De Weerd is an excellent attacking midfielder alongside Adu. Behind them Rafael van der Vaart, Diego, and Arjen Robben make a dynamic trio of midfielders. The defensive line is solid with John Terry and Naldo leading the way. Petr Cech is a top notch keeper. He has 25 clean sheets this year and has only given up 28 goals in 44 games.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 40's.

GK: Howard
DL: Schmidt
DC: Lucio
DC: Salva
DR: Brown
ML: Downing
MC: Fletcher
MC: Djemba
MR: Schreurs
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S1: Taylor
S2: Ferdinand
S3: Alfonso
S4: Cook
S5: Ortega
S6: McFadden
S7: King
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:36 AM   #302
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: Schreurs steals the ball at midfield.. plays a perfect pass to Rooney who is just outside the box.. Rooney is being chased by Johnson.. Rooney is barely ahead of him.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!!! 1-0!

9 minute mark: Howard barely pushes an Adu blast wide of the net.

13 minute mark: Diego passes to Adu.. Adu shoots left footed from 30 yards out.. powerful banana shot.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. partially blocks it.. it's still a goal! Adu scores! 1-1 tie.

27 minute mark: Adriano (theirs) with a long shot.. good banana shot.. upper left corner.. Howard saves it cleanly.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. They have over 42,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Adu shoots from 25 yards.. it's over Howard's shoulder.. it hits the crossbar. Lucio clears the rebound.

51 minute mark: Adu with a 20 yard powerful shot.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. pushes it over the bar.

66 minute mark: Schreurs passes into the box to my Adriano.. he shoots from 15 yards out.. wide left.

67 minute mark: Alfonso on for Downing and Ortega on for Schreurs.

70 minute mark: Rooney is called for being offside.. Adriano argues it.. Adriano gets a yellow card.

80 minute mark: King on for Adriano.

Game over. 1-1 tie. I'm very happy with this result for the away leg of this Quarter Final.

We were outshot 14-5 (6-1 on target)

Howard won MoM, 8 for form with 5 saves.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:01 AM   #303
daedalus
Pro Rookie

"My Adrianos can kick your Adriano's ass!"
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:23 PM   #304
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
"My Adrianos can kick your Adriano's ass!"

Old 06-01-2005, 04:28 PM   #305
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 6, 2014 -

Today we travel to play Manchester City in an EPL Match. Manchester City is currently 6th in the EPL. Benjamin Lauth, Said Boutahar, and Delvid are their best scorers. Striker David Miller has also played well the last few games. Wayne Dunn and Owen Hargreaves lead the defense. Libis Andres Arenas has played very well his last 3 games. Hopefully, we can change that pattern.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the low 50's.

GK: Adriano
DL: O'Shea
DR: Grygera
ML: Alfonso
MC: Parker
MR: Ortega
SC: McFadden
SC: King

S2: Chivu
S3: Godoy
S4: Adriano
S5: Cook
Old 06-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #306
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

14 minute mark: Alfonso gets a yellow card for pulling Boutahar's jersey.

16 minute mark: Lauth with a breakaway.. Adriano backpedals... keeps his balance.. Lauth shoots.. upper right corner.. Adriano saves it!

27 minute mark: 20 yard shot from Laugh.. Adriano saves it.

32 minute mark: Burzanovic starts the counter attack.. long pass to Lauth.. he dribbles past Salva.. into the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. Adriano dives.. it is past him! GOAL. Down 1-0.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for Manchester City on their pitch. They have over 48,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Adriano stops a long range shot from Lauth.

49 minute mark: Grygera passes it down the right wing.. Ortega gets it in the box.. he draws the keeper over.. crosses for McFadden.. over his head.. Alfonso gets to it.. the keeper has come over towards Alfonso.. Alfonso with a lightning quick cross to the far post.. Ortega hits it on the half-volley.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

56 minute mark: Parker collides with Boutahar.. Parker is hurt and has to coe off. I put Cook in for him.

I also put Adriano on for King.

61 minute mark: Djemba gets argued for shoving Boutahar.. yellow card for Djemba.. Adriano argues the call.. yellow card for Adriano.

72 minute mark: Godoy on for McFadden who is exhausted. I also tell the offense to become very aggressive. We aren't playing for any stinking draws.

80 minute mark: Grygera passes long to Ortega.. he crosses to Adriano who heads it.. into the crossbar.. Godoy shoots the rebound.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

86 minute mark: Godoy gets the ball from Djemba just left of the box.. he centers to Adriano who heads it.. over the bar.

Game over. 1-1 tie.

They outshot us 10-6 (4-2 on target)

Salva wins MoM, 8 for form, 18 of 22 passes, 0 key passes, 4 of 7 tackles, 11 of 11 headers, 4 interceptions, 1 foul drawn.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:55 PM   #307
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post game info:

With 5 games to go, we have a record of 27-4-2 for a total of 85 points. We need to win every last remaining game if we are going to reach the elusive 100 point mark.

However, we do have 89 goals scored which is 1st and 23 goals more than 2nd placed Liverpool. We also have allowed only 17 which is best in the league. We have a decent chance of reaching 100 goals scored in the season which I've NEVER done before.

Barry Parker suffered broken ribs and he will miss about 3 weeks.

April 7, 2014 -

Grygera and O'Shea were both selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

April 8, 2014 -

DARN IT! Adriano injured his knee in training today and will miss a week, including our big match against Chelsea in the Champions League Quarter Final tomorrow night.

(OOC NOTE: It is really tempting to keep playing, but this was only supposed to be a 45 minute study break, and I'm going to force myself to stick to that and wait til I'm done studying in a few hours to play more.)
Old 06-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #308
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 9, 2014 -

Lucio hurt his knee right before our big game against Chelsea today. We are playing Chelsea in the 2nd leg of the Quarter Final of the Champions League. Chelsea is using the same lineup and hasn't suffered any significant injuries since our last game.

We are 6-4 favorites today.

It's very windy with temperatures in the high 40's.

DC: Ferdinand
DR: Brown

S2: Cahais
S3: Cook
S4: Ortega
S5: Marchetti
S6: Alfonso
S7: Godoy
Old 06-01-2005, 09:18 PM   #309
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: John Terry stopped a Rooney breakaway.. he starts the counterattack.. long pass to Diego.. Diego passes to Adriano in the box.. he heads it to Adu in the left half of the box.. Adu shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0

2nd minute: Downing takes it down the left side of the pitch.. dribbles past two defenders.. centers it towards the near post.. Rooney heads it.. into the upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 1-1. That is Rooney's 200th career goal for Manchester United!

21 minute mark: Adu passes to Adriano inside the box.. Adriano shoots from 15 yards out.. I let out my breath as it barely sails over the bar.

23 minute mark: Downing takes a corner kick to the near post.. Salva jumps.. heads it.. into the goal! NO!!! Whistle... it's disallowed.. Salva was adjudged to have push Naldo!

36 minute mark: Schreurs with a long pass to Rooney just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Cech dives.. blocks it.

37 minute mark: Brown passes it long to Schreurs.. he beats the defender back.. he gets into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL.... NO!!!! Late whistle.. Schreurs is called offsides! The goal is waved off. I'm not sure I've ever had 2 goals disallowed in one game.

Halftime: 1-1 tie (2-2 on aggregate) We have over 91,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Robben with a blistering shot from 20 yards out.. Howard barely tips it over the bar.

50 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Fletcher outside the box.. he blasts a shot.. upper right corner.. it deflects off a defender.. towards the left corner of the net.. it bounces barely wide left.

53 minute mark: Rooney gets a yellow card for a dangerous slide on Terry.

59 minute mark: Robben passes to Adu in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Howard dives.. pushes it wide. On the ensuing corner.. Sneijder takes the corner.. kicks it towards the near post.. Diego outjumps Schmidt.. heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL! Down 2-1

65 minute mark: Godoy on for King who is very tired. Cook on for Fletcher, and Ortega on for Schreurs.

I also tell the offense to open it up.

75 minute mark: Our fans are leaving!

78 minute mark: Cook passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he isn't decisive enough and Terry closes him down.

86 minute mark: Terry is heading away crosses intended for Rooney.

86 minute mark: Downing crossses to Godoy in the box.. Godoy shoots.. over the bar.

88 minute mark: Cook passes to Godoy in the box.. he shoots... upper right corner.. it hits the crossbar.

90 minute mark: Ortega crosses to Rooney.. he tries to shoot but Naldo shuts him down.

92 minute mark: Cook takes a free kick from 30 yards out.. curves it over the wall.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-2! 3-3 on aggregate, but they are still up on away goals

Game over. 2-2 tie. 3-3 on aggregate, but they win on away goals

The best we can do is the double

They outshot us 16-12 (9-9 on target)

Downing won MoM, 8 for form, 11 of 13 passes, 2 key passes, 4 of 11 tackles, 5 of 11 headers, 8 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 assist.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:21 PM   #310
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were given 3.2 million for what we did accomplish in the Champions League, but I can't help but think on all of the money and glory we let slip away. Only if we had played better

Rooney's 33 goals for the season is a new Manchester United Record.

In other CL news:

Inter beat Roma 5-2 on aggregate.

Valencia beat Real Madrid 5-4 on aggregate.

Olympiakos beat Bordeaux 3-2 on aggregate.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:35 PM   #311
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 12, 2014 -

Birmingham has been relegated from the EPL.

West Ham have won Promotion to the EPL.

Brighton has won promotion to English League One.

Blackpool has won promotion to English League 1.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:23 PM   #312
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 13, 2014 -

Today host Chelsea in an EPL Match. we have 5 games left and Chelsea is 14 points behind us in 2nd place. Therefore, if we win this game we are guaranteed to win the EPL Title! The bad thing is that Chelsea essentially has the same lineup that beat us in the recent Champions League Match. We are still missing Adriano and Lucio to injuries.

We are 6-4 favorites.

DL: O'Shea
DC: Marchetti

S1: Adriano, GK
S2: Chivu
S4: Wood
S5: Smith
Old 06-02-2005, 07:38 PM   #313
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Immediately, I notice the only difference is that Chelsea is starting Guidetti instead of John Terry.

4 minute mark: Sneijder shoots from 30 yards out.. right towards Howard.. he misplays it! GOAL! Down 1-0

27 minute mark: Downing dribbles into the left side of the box.. around a defender.. draws the keeper over.. fires a pass between two defenders to Rooney in the middle of the box.. Rooney shoots.. Naldo blocks it.. saving a goal.

Halftime: Boring first half with a 1-0 deficit We have a full crowd of 91,000 plus fans and I really want to win it all in front of them against Chelsea.

King is having a bad first half and I will pull him if he doesn't come alive in the next 5 minutes. I'm also telling the offense to go to a wide open offense.

51 minute mark: Schreurs gets the ball right of the box.. long cross to Downing left of the box.. he passes it to Djemba in the middle of the box.. Djemba shoots.. upper left corner.. over the bar!

57 minute mark: Naldo starts the counter attack.. long pass to Robben.. Robben passes to Adriano.. Adriano fakes out Salva.. shoots.. lower left corner.. Howard dives.. it is past him. GOAL. Down 2-0.

60 minute mark: King started to turn it around, but is playing bad again. I put Smith on for him. I also put Wood on for Fletcher and Alfonso on for Downing.

65 minute mark: Joe Cole passes to Giacomo Santini who just came on for Adriano.. Santini gives Marchetti a good fake to the left.. dribbles right.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL! Down 3-0.

67 minute mark: Wood passes to Alfonso left of the box.. he heads it to Rooney in the box.. Rooney fakes out his man.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!!! Still down 3-1.

80 minute mark: Grygera with a long pass to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper saves it easily.

Game over. 3-1 loss.

Howard with a very disappointing performance.

We outshot them 10-5 (6-4 on target)

Their Adriano won MoM, 8 for form, 22 of 25 passes, 0 of 2 tackles, 6 of 8 headers, 1 run, 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 1 goal.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #314
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 18, 2014 -

Dani, my 20 year old Spanish keeper, has complained that he isn't getting any first team action and he wants to be traded. I don't see him as a key part of our future, but I hold off on making any decisions til I see who is going to be Adriano's backup in the future.

April 19, 2014 -

Today we travel to play sunderland. They are in 8th place. We are in 1st by 9 points with 4 games to go. One win in any of our 4 remaining games essentially guarantees us the title as our goal different is 25 better than Chelsea's. We are 10 goals short of 100 which is a secondary goal for me. Sunderland is led by star striker Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor who has 15 goals on the year. Marco Streller is the second leading scorer with 7 goals. Their defense has been very solid with Luca Brunoni playing very well in goal. Julio Arca is playing well at left back. Charlie Wilson, their best centreback is out injured.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the high 50's.

GK: Adriano (I'd like to start him for the final 4 games and will do so if he wins this one.)
SC: McFadden

S1: Howard
S2: Godoy
S5: O'Shea
Old 06-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #315
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Downing gets a yellow card for tripping Flamini just outside the box.

10 minute mark: Schmidt with a long pass to Rooney in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. brilliant save by the their keeper.

15 minute mark: Downing passes to McFadden in the left corner of the box.. McFadden centers it.. to the near post.. Rooney traps it.. shoots from 7 yards out.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0! That is Rooney's 35th of the year!

21 minute mark: Adriano easily stops a pair of 20 yard shots.

30 minute mark: Fletcher trips Williamson.. yellow card for Fletcher.

36 minute mark: McFadden is called for being offside.. Djemba argues it.. Djemba gets a yellow card.

38 minute mark: Rooney steals it on the right wing.. he passes it across the pitch to McFadden who is streaking away from his defender.. McFadden dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! Great assist from Rooney.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. They have over 48,000 fans here today.

54 minute mark: Adriano stops a blast from Williamson that came from 20 yards out.

56 minute mark: Adriano with a save of a long range shot by Clark.

58 minute mark: Downing fakes out two defenders left of the box.. sharp pass to McFadden in the center of the box.. McFadden shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

61 minute mark: ortega on for Schreurs, Godoy on for Djemba, and Alfonso on for Downing.

66 minute mark: Adebayor shoots from 15 yards out.. upper left corner.. Adriano dives.. tips it over the bar.

79 minute mark: Steller with a shot from 5 yards out.. left side of the box.. Adriano catches it cleanly!

Game over. 3-0 win

We outshot them 18-17 (9-8 on target)

Downing won MoM, 10 for form, 10 of 11 passes, 5 key passes, 4 of 6 tackles, 0 of 1 headers, 1 interception, 11 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 assist.

Adriano had a 9 for form with his 8 saves.

McFadden had a 9 for form with his 2 goals and 1 assist.

This win should essentially wrap up the EPL Title. If Chelsea loses or draws in their match, we officially win the EPL Title.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:28 PM   #316
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info and news:

West Ham has won the English Championship Title.

The Wolves have won promotion the EPL.

Portsmouth has won the English League One Title.

Chelsea won their last game, and I somehow miscalculated. They are actually 8 points behind us. Therefore, we must win one of the final three games to assure ourselves of the EPL Title.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:30 PM   #317
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our last three matches are against Tottenham (5th in EPL) at home, Leeds (11th) on the road, and Leicester (18th) at home. I feel confident that we will win at least one of these games.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:39 PM   #318
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 21, 2014 -

Adriano (GK), Fletcher, and Downing were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Sao Paulo have accepted an offer of a 17 year defensive phenom that I have offered 5 million dollars for. However, I doubt I will get a Work Permit for him.

However, if I do, Mauro Maia might become my best defender ever with some seasoning (at the age of 17, he already has an 18 for jumping, heading, and a 15 for positioning and pace!)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-02-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #319
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 23, 2014 -

WOW. Olympiakos beat Chelsea 1-0 in the home leg of their Semi-Final Champions League Match!

Valencia and Inter tied 1-1 in their first leg.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:53 PM   #320
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 26, 2014 -

Today we host Tottenham in a match that is a chance to win the EPL Title. Tottenham are 5th in the EPL. they have a dynamic pair of strikers in Carlton Cole and Daniel Omoya Braaten who have 30 goals between them. Momo is a 31 year old veteran left winger who is having a career year. Mbulelo Mabizela is having a very good year for the defense. Ledley King is still a very effective defender. Paul Robinson remains an extremely good keeper, however, at the age of 34 he is showing the first signs of starting to slip.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 40's.

S2: King
S5: Marchetti
Old 06-02-2005, 09:07 PM   #321
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: Djemba passes to to the right corner of the pitch.. Schreurs gets to it before the defense.. crosses it to the near post.. Adriano with a diving header.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

17 minute mark: Downing crosses towards the far post.. the keeper punches it away.. outside the box.. Schmidt gets it.. shoots a powerful banana shot from 25 yards.. curving.. curving.. towards the upper right corner.. inside the post.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

22 minute mark: Cole gets a breakaway.. shoots.. over Adriano's shoulder.. into the crossbar.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. I'm surprised to see we only have 65,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Adriano cleanly saves a long range shot from Cole.

69 minute mark: King on for Rooney, and Alfonso on for Schreurs.

Game over. 2-0 win! That officially wins the EPL Title for us!!!

We outshot them 15-4 (8-3 on target)

Downing won MoM, 9 for form, 26 of 33 passes, 8 key passes, 1 of 5 tackles, 0 of 7 headers, 12 runs, 3 fouls drawn.

Adriano looked solid on all of his saves and completed 14 of 17 passes for an 8 for form.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:09 PM   #322
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

There are 3 news articles:

The 1st mentions that we won our 3rd consecutive EPL Title

The 2nd and 3rd talk about how overjoyed our fans and the board are with us winning the EPL Title, and they think I'm the key to success. WOO HOO!
Old 06-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #323
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

(OOC NOTE: My boards are this Thursday so updates might be a bit more sporadic for the next 7-8 days.)

April 30, 2014 -

chelsea beat Olympiakos 2-1, but the aggregate score was 2-2. Olympiakos had the only away goal so they advance on aggregate! This makes me even more annoyed about our loss to Chelsa, as I feel fairly confident that we would have been able to beat Olympiakos.

Inter beat Valencia 4-2 on aggregate to advance to face Olympiakos in the Champions League Final.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:33 PM   #324
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 1, 2014 -

The board is delighted with my performance as manager.

Stewart Downing has won the EPL Player of the Month Award. Jose Antonio Reyes of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Richie Partridge of Coventry came in 3rd.

Middlesbrough's Lee Roberts has won the EPL Young Player of the Month. John Berry of Blackburn came in 2nd, and Antonio Ortega came in 3rd.

Middlesbrough's Mike Newell has won Manager of the Month. Mane' of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Gary Breen of Coventry came in 3rd.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:37 PM   #325
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

heh...

well, with the argument about adrianos...

check this team of the week out:

Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.

Last edited by finkenst : 06-05-2005 at 07:37 PM.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 07:38 PM   #326
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 4, 2014 -

Today we travel to play Leeds in essentially a meaningless EPL Game. However, we are only 5 goals under 100 League Goals with this game and one more game to go. That has become a good sub-quest. Leeds is currently 12th in the EPL. Leeds is led by Gregory Maury who has 14 goals on the year. Shane Paul is a good secondary striker. Harmen Boven is having a very good year in the midield. Nick Porter is a 23 year old centreback who has become a reliable defender. Jason Brown is a 31 year old keeper who is doing well this year.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's.

S2: Ortega
S3: McFadden
S4: King
S5: Lucio
Old 06-05-2005, 07:39 PM   #327
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wow, that is quite the team of Adrianos

I notice all 3 are on your team. That must drive the announcer crazy.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #328
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Wow, that is quite the team of Adrianos

I notice all 3 are on your team. That must drive the announcer crazy.

I love seeing the "Adriano spots the run of Adriano."

"Adriano scores!"

anywho, in this season, i've had an EPL match moved and recheduled and rescheduled from January to May.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 07:58 PM   #329
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Grygera intercepts a ball at midfield.. passes it down the right sideline.. to Adriano who gets to it just right of the box.. he crosses to the far post.. Rooney with a diving header... upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

20 minute mark: Shane Paul is given a yellow card for pushing Salva.. Paul argues the call.. he gets a second yellow card! He is out of here.

31 minute mark: Edwards dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. crosses it to Murray in the box.. Murray heads it.. upper left corner.. Adriano dives.. tips it over the bar.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. They have over 40,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Maury dribbles between Salva and Marchetti into the box.. shoots from 15 yards out.. upper left corner.. Adriano dives.. blocks it.

53 minute mark: Grygera gets a yellow card for a trip on Maury.

56 minute mark: Martins passes to Maury inside the box.. Maury shoots from 15 yards out.. upper right corner.. Adriano dives.. catches it! Good save.

61 minute mark: King on for Adriano (the striker, obviously.)

65 minute mark: Schmidt throws it to King in the box.. King heads it back to Schmidt left of the box.. he fires a quick pass to Schreurs in the middle of the box.. Schreurs shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!!! 2-0!

73 minute mark: McFadden on for Downing and Ortega on for Schreurs.

85 minute mark: Long pass from Adriano the Ortega on the right wing at midfield.. he heads it to King.. King shoots from 30 yards out.. powerful banana shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 3-0.

90 minute mark: Djemba passes it to King in the right corner of the pitch.. King centers it to the far post.. Murray outjumps Rooney.. Murray heads it backwards.. into his own goal! GOAL!!!! 4-0.

Game over. 4-0 win for us

We were outshot 15-12 (but 8-5 on target in our favor)

Djemba won MoM, 9 for form, 10 of 18 passes, 4 key passes, 5 of 7 headers, 5 of 7 tackles, 2 interceptions, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Adriano (GK), Schmidt, and Grygera each had 9's for form as well.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:38 PM   #330
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 5, 2014 -

Grygera, Schmidt, and Djemba were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:55 PM   #331
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 10, 2014 -

Today we host Leicester in the last EPL Match of the season. We have 99 league goals and 100 looks highly likely. Leicester is in 18th place and has given up the 2nd highest number of goals 77 on the year. Their offense is good, but their defense is horrific. Leicester's offense is led by Dean Ashton who has 24 goals on the year. Jafeth Asprilla is second on the team with 6 goals. Martin English has 6 goals on the year as well. Herve Remy is a good midfielder and has chipped in 5 goals and 11 assists. However, Martin Cranie is the only solid defender this year and even he hasn't been very good. Rune Almenning Jarstein took over as keeper at midseason and he has had a rough year.

Besides the 100 goal mark, Adriano and King each have a chance at 20 goals on the year with 1 goal this game.

We are 1-2 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 50's.

S2: Ortega
S3: McFadden
S4: King
S5: Lucio
Old 06-05-2005, 09:18 PM   #332
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

17 minute mark: Parker with a powerful banana shot from 25 yards out.. upper right corner.. excellent save by the keeper.

30 minute mark: Downing gets a yellow card for pulling English's jersey.

35 minute mark Parker gets it at midfield.. passes it to Downing on the left wing.. Downing dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. long cross to Schreurs right of the box.. Schreurs dribbles past a defender.. into the box.. shoots.. strong shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. misses it! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

41 minute mark: Rooney passes to Adriano in the right side of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

Halftime: 1-0 lead. We have over 71,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Asprilla dribbles into the box on a breakaway.. Adriano trying to maintain his balance.. Asprilla shoots.. upper right corner.. Adriano dives backwards to his right.. blocks it! smothers the rebound!

51 minute mark: Salva singlehandedly stops an Ashton breakaway.

61 minute mark: King on for Rooney who is tired. He will end the year with 36 goals in 36 starts. Lucio on for Marchetti who is tired. Finally, McFadden on for Downing who is tired.

Downing gets a standing ovation as he comes off.

66 minute mark: Remy passes between Salva and Lucio to Ashton in the box.. he fakes to his left.. dribbles right.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL. 1-1 game.

82 minute mark: Their keeper stops a flurry of shots by Adriano and King.

Game over. 1-1 tie.

We outshot them 22-6 (15-4 on target)

Downing won MoM, 10 for form, 11 of 11 passes, 4 key passes, 2 of 3 tackles, 0 of 1 headers, 16 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 assist.

Schreurs also had a 10 for form.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #333
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were given 21 million dollars for winning the EPL!

I awake the next morning to see these final standings:

Old 06-05-2005, 09:27 PM   #334
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to post my thoughts in a moment, but first I decide to look at a brief summary of the team's stats at the end of the season:

Old 06-05-2005, 09:32 PM   #335
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Some thoughts for the end of the season:

Rooney's 75% shooting is extremely impressive and is one of the best end of year totals I've ever had.

His 36 goals and 14 assists are equally impressive. I've never had a player score that many goals in a season. The fact that he was tied for 3rd on the team for assists is equally impressive.

I've never had a player put up 30 assists like Downing just did. Certainly, I made a good choice in acquiring him as my first big acquisition for the team.

Jeroen Schreurs had a very nice season with 12 goals and 15 assists.

Alfonso is developing into a very good left winger and is the heir apparent as Downing should slow down in the next few years.

Ortega did very well in limited action. Schreurs doesn't have great stamina. This should equate into more time for Ortega next year.

Carlo Godoy had 7 goals and 5 assists in 35 relief appearances. I need to get him on the pitch more this year. However, I think part of his success is working against tired defenders. He hasn't done as well in the 2 games he started.

The right fullback position will be our weakest next year unless we acquire a young stud. Brown and Grygera are starting to show their age.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-05-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:37 AM   #336
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

End of Year League Stats:

Average Form:

1. Stewart Downing - 8.80

2. Hatem Ben Arfa, Liverpool - 8.06

3. Adriano, Chelsea - 7.89

4. Wayne Rooney - 7.88

5. Jorge Pina, Southampton - 7.84

6. Jose Antonio Reyes - Arsenal - 7.80

7. Jeroen Schreurs - 7.79

8. Darren Fletcher - 7.76

9. Alfonso - 7.73

10. Eric Djemba Djemba 7.72

Excellent - 6 of the top 10.

Other notable Manchester United players:

14. Adriano (striker) - 7.58

14. Antonio Ortega - 7.58

21. Zdenek Grygera - 7.50

25. Lucio - 7.46

29. Salva - 7.43

29. Mickael Schmidt - 7.43

69. Tim Howard - 7.28

League Goals:

1. Adriano, Chelsea - 25

2. Robbin Kieft, Southampton - 23

3. Wayne Rooney - 22

4. Dean Ashton, Leicester - 19

5. Benjamin Lauth, Manchester City - 18

6. Djibril Cisse, Liverpool - 16

6. Gregory Maury, Leeds - 16

8. Jermain Defoe, Newcastle - 15

8. Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor, Sunderland - 15

8. Lukas Podolski, Arsenal - 15

League Assists:

1. Stewart Downing - 16

2. Andres D'Alessandro, Liverpool - 12

3. Bobby Convey (yes that Bobby Convey), Southampton - 11

3. Jeroen Schreurs - 11

3. Alfonso - 11

6. Jorge Pina, Southampton - 10

7. Kieran Richardson, Bolton - 9

7. Jose Antonio Reyes, Arsenal - 9

9. 8 players tied with 8.

Other Manchester Notables:

24. Adriano - 7

27. Darren Fletcher - 6

League MoM Awards:

1. Stewart Downing - 10

2. Gregory Maury, Leeds - 9

3. Adriano, Chelsea - 8

4. Stephan Andersen, Charlton - 7

4. Marco Tedeschi, Coventry - 7

6. Jorge Pina, Southampton - 6

6. Hatem Ben Arfa, Liverpool - 6

6. Mohamed Sissoko, Charlton - 6

9. 8 tied with 5.

Other Manchester Notables:

17. Tim Howard with 4.

17. Alfonso with 4.

35. Darren Fletcher with 3.

35. Eric Djemba Djemba with 3.

35. Wayne Rooney with 3.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:47 AM   #337
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 13, 2014 -

Valencia have retained the Spanish First Division.

Stewart Downing has won the English Players' Player of the Year Award! Hatem Ben Arfa of Liverpool came in 2nd, and Adriano of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Middlesbrough's Lee Roberts has won the English Player's Young Player of the Year Award. Paul Anderson of Aston Villa came in 2nd, and Sean Brady of Everton came in 3rd.

Jeroen Schreurs, Stewart Downing, Darren Fletcher, and Wayne Rooney have been selected to the English Player's Premier Division Select Team. The other players were:

GK: Iain Turner, Southampton.

DL: Jaime Gavilan, Arsenal

DC: John Terry, Chelsea

DC: Glen Johnson, Chelsea

DR: Nigel de Jong, Arsenal

MC: Hatem Ben Arfa, Liverpool

SC: Adriano, Chelsea
Old 06-06-2005, 01:53 AM   #338
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 13, 2014 -

I have won Manager of the Year for the EPL. Tony colbert of Liverpool cmae in 2nd and Mane of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Downing won the English Footballer of the Year Award. Hate Ben Arfa came in 2nd, and Adriano of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Chelsea's Adriano has won the EPL Top Goalscorer Award with 25 League Goals. Robbin Kieft of Southampton came in 2nd, and Wayne Rooney came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney's long range curling effort against Charlton on August 10th won EPL Goal of the Year!
Old 06-06-2005, 02:22 AM   #339
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 14, 2014 -

Mauro Maia's WP application and the appeal were turned down. This 17 year old fullback just hasn't accomplished enough yet. However, I will be keeping my eye on him and several other young Brazilian players that my scouts like.

May 21, 2014 -

Harrogate Town have won promotion to the English League Two!!! Glad to see them do well without me this season.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #340
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 21, 2014 -

Inter and Olympiakos played to a 0-0 tie in the Champions League Final. Inter won the game on a shootout that ended 4-2 in Inter's favor. The goal scorers were Pinga, Roque Santa Cruz, Oribe Peralta, and finally Phillip Lahm.

We've been given 24 million dollars from Champions League Television Revenue!

At this point, we have a profit of over 47 million dollars this year and our bank currently has over 150 million dollars which is higher than it ever has been since I've been here.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:43 PM   #341
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 23, 2014 -

Real Madrid's Joaquin has won the Champions League Best Player Award. Stewart Downing came in 2nd, and Mark Gonzalez of Real Madrid came in 3rd.

Inter's Roque Santa Cruz has won the Champions League Golden Boot Award with 9 goals. Johan Vonlanthen of Bordeaux came in 2nd, and Obafemi Martins of Inter came in 3rd.

We had 3 guys make the Champions League Dream Team! Here is the team:

GK: Kleopas Giannou - Olympiakos

DL: Mark Gonzalez - Real Madrid

DC: Gustaf Andersson - FC Kobenhavn

DC: Cesare Bovo - Werder Bremen

DR: Philip Lahm - Inter

ML: Stewart Downing - Man Utd.

MC: Pinga - Inter

MC: Darren Fletcher- Man Utd.

MR: Joaquin - Real Madrid

SC: Daniel Fredhelm Holm - Nantes

SC: Johan Vonlanthen - Bordeaux

S1: Franco Constanzo - Valencia

S2: Wes Brown - Man Utd.

S3: Andreas Ivanschitz - Zaragoza

S4: Uilliam - Nantes

S5: Roque Santa Cruz - Inter
Old 06-07-2005, 01:44 AM   #342
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 24, 2014 -

I'm asking my coaches to report the 10 most improved players from this point last year. I'm also asking them to report the 10 players who have lost the most skill in the past year.

First the good news:

1. Antonio Ortega - This 20 year old Spanish Right Winger is now considered a Wonderkid and I really do need to get him more PT with Schreurs. My scouts report that he has become the fastest guy on our team. He has the best acceleration of any player on our team. All of his mental attributes have improved considerably. His creativity and flair are most notably improved. His technique has significantly iproved. He has become a world class finisher and is a very good scorer for a right winger. His first touch has significantly improved and he is excellent at crossing the ball. His only real weakness is his lack of tackling and marking. I expect him to become an elite right winger in the next 2 years. He already should be getting much more time in the upcoming year as long as he doesn't regress.

2. Stephen Wright - This 20 year old English Striker has developed nicely in the past year. He has improved every facet of his game and he has excellent pace. However, my scouts still feel he needs to improve considerably before he will get time with our first team. The good news is that if he continues this pattern of development, he could become a servicable EPL Striker.

3. Bob Wright - This 22 year old English Striker is unhappy with his lack of playing time. I'm not sure if we can sway him with some first team action, but he has earned it. He has improved considerably in every area of his game, and he is the best leaper among my strikers and he has become good at heading the ball. He has an all around good game but doesn't really excel in anything except leaping and heading the ball. However, he is good enough to play some with the first team next year and he will get some PT. Also, the scouts rave about his teamwork and ability to play with others.

4. John Gray - This 21 year old English Defensive midfielder has developed some good skills. He is showing significant growth in technical skills as well as mental skills. However, he is still quite far away from being an EPL Contributor. As a result, despite his growth, I might look to move him soon.

5. James Bailey - I transfer listed this 19 year old striker, but he doesn't want to go. He has responded with significant growth this past year. He has very good pace and excellent all around physical abilities. He still needs to develop significantly from a mental standpoint, but he is starting to do that. He is also developing some decent technical skills. My coaches feel he could be a contributor within 2 years.

6. Paul Kelly - This 22 year old English midfielder has continued to develop, although not as much as he did last year. He has improved his passing, dribbling, and first touch the most. He also has continued to improve his mental attributes. His main lacking areas are passing and crossing ability which are only average at best and aren't EPL quality. This is unfortunate as these are important qualities for my midfielders. I hope he might improve his passing some more this year. He could become a solid contributor with another year of development.

7. Adriano - This 22 year old Brazilian wonderkid striker didn't have much room to improve. Therefore, he hasn't improved as much as some of my players, but the fact that he has improved as much as he has is incredible. My scouts feel he is one of the best players in the world at finishing and shooting long shots. His technique continues to improve. He lacks creativity and flair or he would be truly one of the best strikers in the world. As it is, he has very good pace and acceleration and he can run by most people. He continues to iprove his dribbling and if this becomes better, he could take that next step. Our coaches also feel that he has become the best passer and that if his vision gets better he could be an almost unstoppable passer.

8. Craig King - My other former wonderkid striker. He is now 24 and probably is reaching his full potential soon, but he had significant improvement in the last year. My coaches believe he is an elite finisher. His technique has improved this past year as well. He is one of the best at playing headers. He also is an extremely good passer. His anticipation is top notch and he always makes the right decision with the ball. His biggest gains this past year have been in technical ability.

9. Barry Parker - My 24 year old English midfielder has become better than I ever thought he would. He has improved all of his technical abilities and he is a much smarter player on the pitch. He is an excellent leaper and great at marking his man. He has excellent intangibles. His main weakness is lack of footspeed, but he will likely be ready to step into the first team this year much more frequently. Djemba isn't going to last much longer as an every game sort of player, and Parker will be the answer in the future I think.

10. Darren Evans - My 19 year old English keeper is developing nicely in our reserve system. He has improved his aerial ability and reflexes the most, but he is improving in every area. He could become our backup keeper in 2-3 years if he continues to develop at this past year's pace.

Now that we have covered the good news, we look at the bad:

1. Cristian Chivu - My 33 year old Romanian left back/centreback has lost quite a bit of ability since his serious injury. The interesting thing is that he is still a good left back, just not a great one like Schmidt already is. However, Chivu still has quite a bit to contribute and I want to use him more in the upcoming year (which will likely be his last) unless he nosedives quickly in talent.

2. Mikael Silvestre - This 36 year old left back is DONE. He has lost all of his foot speed. He isn't really good at anything except tackling people if he can somehow catch them. Still sharp from an intangible stand point, he'd likely make a good coach if he wanted to do that.

3. Alan Smith - This 33 year old striker is starting to lose abilities quickly, and I suspect that in the upcoming year he is going to become nearly useless. He still has a bit of football left in him though as he did have 6 goals and 4 assists in 3 starts and 11 reserve appearances. However, if his decline continues, he won't have too much more left.

4. Lucio - This legendary 36 year old centreback is still a good centreback, maybe even a very good centreback. However, he has lost quite a bit of footspeed but is still fast. The question is how fast is his foot speed going to dive? Also, his positioning is deteriorating as are all of his technical abilities. He is signed for one more year, and I suspect he will be a useful contributor, but if he declines more quickly he could become bench fodder at some point in the upcoming season.

5. Rio Ferdinand - I didn't use him very much this past year, but this 35 year old centreback is still a good or even very good centreback. He is losing his abilities to mark players and tackle, and I suspect that he will be less useful than Lucio in the upcoming season. He is also signed through next year and I think he is more likely to be bench fodder next year.

6. Wes Brown - This 34 year old right back has lost quite a bit of footspeed. He is losing his leaping ability and he isn't positioning himself as well. He is still a good right back, but I suspect that his decline will accelerate during the next year. I doubt he will be an everyday or even every other game type of player next year. He is signed for 2 more years, so I hope I'm wrong.

7. Eric Djemba Djemba - This 33 year old midfielder is starting to show significant signs of decline, but he is still a very good midfielder. He is signed through next year and I'm hopeful that he will be a good contributor this upcoming season. However, I will work Parker and Cook more into the midfield.

8. Stewart Downing - This 30 year old left winger is still an elite left winger, but he is starting to show the first signs of decline with decrease in his acceleration and footspeed. Even more concerning is that his crosses aren't as sharp. He will start next year most games, but the signs of decline are starting to be evident..

9. Zdenek Grygera - This 34 year old right back is showing significant signs of decline. His pace isn't as good and he is losing abilities in all areas. I might get by with him and Brown at right back again next season, but it is time to find a good young right back to work into the rotation. Grygera is signed through the upcoming season. I won't be extending his deal after that.

10. Souleymane Mamam - This 28 year old midfielder is actually decent at everything, but I've just put him on my blacklist due to poor performance when I first took over the team. He really doesn't excel at anything. As a result of not being used much, his skills are starting to deteriorate. I actually would use him if I had a rash of injuries in the midfield. I've transfer listed him and feel bad about him languishing here. His contract will be up after this season and I won't try to re-sign him.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:48 AM   #343
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 24, 2014 -

In an ironic twist, Leicester won the English FA Cup! Leicester finished 18th in the EPL and will be relegated, but they beat Southampton 3-1 in the final.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:50 AM   #344
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 25, 2014 -

Everton have fired Micky Adams. Cardiff City manager Peter Taylor is considered the favorite to take over the job.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:03 AM   #345
daedalus
Pro Rookie

The majority of the fellas heeding the call of Father Time seems to reside in the backline. Glad you have been slowly reinforcing that with the young ones. But you still need another fullback, right?
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #346
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
The majority of the fellas heeding the call of Father Time seems to reside in the backline. Glad you have been slowly reinforcing that with the young ones. But you still need another fullback, right?

Yeah, we are farily well reinforced with Salva and Marchetti who are developing nicely. I'm not sure about Cahais yet. Schmidt is gold on the left side, but he has horrible natural fitness. So, Ideally I need a backup left back within the next year or two for when O'Shea and Chivu can't do it anymore. I also need a starting quality right fullback as I don't think Brown and Grygera are going to be able to get it done for much longer.

Also, we are showing a bit of age in the midfield with Djemba and Fletcher but they are still performing at a high level. However, we have good reinforcements there. I'd say a backup left back and a starting right back are the only semi-immediate needs and anything else will be gravy.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #347
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 25, 2014 -

Norwich have won promotion to the EPL.

Milan has pulled off the treble this year! They won the Italian Serie A, The UEFA Cup, and the Italian Cup.

Peterborough have won promotion to the English League One.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-07-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #348
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 27, 2014 -

England's U21 team has qualified for the European U21 Championship Semi-final with a 3-0 win over Spain (including Antonio Ortega.) I've been letting Steve (my English AM) focus on the U21 and U19 team, but I will take a much more active role in these last 2 games. The semi-final will be played in Germany on May 29, 2014. We will be playing Ireland's U21 team.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #349
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 29, 2014 -

Cristian Chivu broke his jaw in practice today and will miss about a month. The guy seems to be suffering some bad luck this past year.

I've been asked to name my 23 players for the World Cup which begins very soon.

GK's:

Paul Robinson - This 34 year old veteran still appears to be the best keeper in England. Kirkland might be better, but he and I will never work together again.

Paul Lancaster - This 26 year old keeper from Aston Villa is quite talented except for bad positioning at times.

Chris Taylor - Other than a weak ability at rushing out, he really is a very good keeper and I probably should use him more at Manchester United.

Defenders:

Ashley Cole - This 33 year old is starting to show his age, but he is still one of the best left backs in England.

Owen Hargreaves - This 33 year old defender/midfielder can play any side of the pitch which is very important in my picking him. He is still very fast but he isn't a great tackler. I actually feel my fullback positions are somewhat weak but there is no one waiting in the wings to take over for these 2 guys.

Gareth Barry - This 33 year old defender/midfielder can play either position on the left and his versatility will get him some PT, but he isn't the same player he was a few years ago.

Ben Bennett - This 25 year old centreback doesn't have great footspeed, but he does everything else well and has become one of my likely starters at centreback. I've removed Ferdinand who is slipping too much and I hope Bennett doesn't let me down.

Wayne Dunn - This 23 year old centreback has excellent speed, jumping, and heading. He will get a start or two most likely.

Ledley King - This 33 year old veteran is starting to slip, but he is still one of our best centrebacks and will get quite a few starts. However, his slipping positioning worries me.

John Terry - This 33 year old centreback is still on top of his game, and he will be a key to our defense.

Wes Brown - There aren't any other better options at right back. Hargreaves might start there, but Brown will certainly get some of the starts as well. Despite slipping, he is one of the two best right backs in England.

Midfielders (I wouldn't duplicate the hybrids mentioned previously)

Joe Cole - This 32 year old is not close to his peak, but he still can be a valuable sub. He will play some behind Downing and will come on frequently as a sub or if Downing is too tired.

Stewart Downing - He is 29 and is slowly starting to lose just a touch of ability, but he still had 30 assists the last season. He is the premier left winger in England.

Jamie Cook - I haven't even used him that much this past year, but this 22 year old midfielder is one of the best midfielders in all of England. I will use him more next year, and I will use him quite a bit as a sub and perhaps as a starter. This guy just does so much right.

Jermaine Jenas - This 31 year old has started to lose a bit of his skill. but he will be a key player in our midfield and I will likely play him inside our right winger.

Shaun Wright-Phillips - Despite being 32, he is still one of the fastest men on our team. He is a very good passer and will play quite a bit at right wing and will sometimes slide inside.

Christopher Eagles - This 28 year old right winger had a disappointing season for Valencia. His lack of footspeed hurts him, but he does everything else right and will be a big contributor to this team and will start quite a few games.

Forwards:

Wayne Rooney - 34 goals and 16 assists this past year. Enough said.

Jermain Defoe - This 31 year old striker had a very good year with 20 goals and 6 assists last year. He is a great finisher still and I will use him plenty this WC.

Craig King - This 24 year old striker is one of the best forwards in England and is arguably the best passer in all of England at the forward position, although his passes lack flair at times. I'll use him a fair bit this WC.

Luke Moore - This 28 year old striker is an excellent finisher. He has great foot speed, excellent all around physical abilities. He will be used quite a bit. It is unclear whether he or King will be #3 on my depth chart.

Steve Wilson - This 22 year old striker with Zaragoza has developed very nicely. He does everything well, but nothing truly great. I'll use him if the other guys are quite tired.

Wayne Worthington - This 22 year old striker is a great finisher. I might use him as a sub some.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-07-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:00 PM   #350
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 29, 2014 -

Today we play Ireland in the European U21 Championship Semi Final. Ireland has a very talented team and will be difficult to play against. Of Particular note is striker Robert Keane who is playing great for Q.P.R and right winger Gary Kelly who is playing for Everton. Left winger John Power is also playing quite well for Crystal Palace. Pat Walsh is a good keeper.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

GK: Paul Elliott - 21 year old keeper with Suton United only allowed 27 goals in 28 starts and is the best keeper under 21 in all of England by my estimation.

DL: Paul Anderson - 21 year old left back played as a starter in 28 games for Aston Villa last year. He is FAST and might be the quickest defender I've ever seen. However, his positioning is bad at times and he will need to rely on that speed to cover up his mistakes.

DC: Gary Cox - This 20 year old centreback mostly played in Tottenham's reserves but he has developed into a very good defender for his age. I expect him to be quite reliable.

DC: Robert Morris - This 20 year old centreback has developed very well in Parma's reserves and is a very good centreback. I feel confident with this pair of centrebacks.

DR: Lee Roberts - This 21 year old right back played well for Middlesbrough and started 22 games for them. He lacks footspeed, but is still a good right back.

ML: Luke Briggs - This 19 year old left winger played in 9 games for Birmingham last year. He is an excellent passer who has a good first touch and dribble.

MC: John Collins - This 21 year old midfielder started 20 games for Middlesbrough and did very well. He has been the star in quite a few of the team's earlier wins including our last win. Excellent speed for a midfielder and he is a superb passer.

MC: Paul Taylor - Very talented midfielder who started 35 games for Ipswich last year. He is doubtful and I'm not sure how long he'll be able to go, but he is the best passer on our team.

MR: Paul Adams - My usual choice for right wing is injured. Paul is the weakest link on our team. He also plays for Middlesbrough.

SC: Tony Vaughn - This 20 year old striker scored 2 goals for Bolton in 5 relief appearances. Quite talented for his age with good footspeed.

SC: Mark Tucker - This 21 year old is the star of the team. He only played in 11 games for Real Madrid but had 4 goals. He is highly skilled and is an excellent finisher.

S1: Jeff Thornley - A good young keeper.

S2: James Gordon - This 20 year old striker is contracted to ASton Villa where he has developed into a very good player. I started him last game and he is a bit tired. If he wasn't, he would be playing alongside Tucker.

S3: Kevin Young - This 20 year old striker has developed nicely in my reserve system is good for this skill level.

S4: Gary Moore - This 20 year old striker has been playing for Swindon. I think he can play the midfield as well and I like his versatility.

S5: Jamie Adams - This 20 year old centreback played in 40 games for West Brom last year and did very well. His best attribute is excllent physical skills.

S6: Stuart Harding - This 20 year old attacking midfielder can play the wing as well. He has great dribbling ability and started 44 games for Plymouth last year putting up 5 goals and 9 assists.

S7: Rob Morgan - This 21 year old striker has good all around abilities. He started in 34 games for Charlton and scored 3 goals. However, I think he could do well in the midfield as well if necessary.