Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2005, 01:15 AM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 2, 2011 -

The board are very pleased with my performance as manager. Hopefully, I can keep them very pleased.

O'Shea signed a new 3 year deal for 7.2 million dollars.

Wayne Rooney injured his groin in training today, and will likely miss about 2 weeks including our season opener.

The Manchester united Board have reported that due to an improvement in the club's financial position, they are raising my current transfer budget for the year to 49 million dollars! This is in addition to what I've already used!

Malaga's Matias Cahais rejected offers from Celta and Bielefeld and has agreed to terms with us! Cahais also has Spanish nationality and is therefore able to come to us without a work permit.

The oddsmakers have predicted who will win the EPL.

We are joint favorites with Chelsea at 7-4 odds. Arsenal and Liverpool have 2-1 odds. Aston Villa has 16-1 odds. tottenham has 40-1 odds. The rest of the EPL have longer odds.

I've been approached by a journalist from the Manchester Evening News asking, "Do you think you will win the title?"

I reply, "We have a good chance of winning the title, but the players must stay focused and give their best in every match."

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-28-2005 at 01:26 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:31 AM   #52
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 6, 2011 -

Barcelona have offered 83 million dollars (11 Million up front, and 72 million over 2 years) plus Samuel Eto'o for Wayne Rooney. Eto'o is a 30 year old striker who is still very good. He is "valued" at 32 million dollars. Therefore, the value of this deal is over 115 million dollars. I still tell them, "NO!"

Several players have come into my office. They all say that they appreciate my conviction that we will win the title, and that they will make it happen. These players include Lucio, Eagles, McFadden, and Fletcher.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:35 AM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 6, 2011 -

Aww crap! Chelsea have signed Freddy Adu for 40 million dollars from Barcelona. That is worse than Liverpool acquiring him.

"Ex-Barcelona player Freddy Adu has spoken of his joy at finally completing his 39 million dollar move to Stamford Bridge. The 22 year old attacking midfielder revealed that he had been frozen out at Nou Camp, and he was now relishing the opportunity of playing regular first-team football at Stamford Bridge. He is looking forward to reviving his career."

The MK Dons have asked to borrow Andy Ford and Ben Walters, two of my youth players. I agree to those requests to get them some first team experience.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:38 AM   #54
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 7, 2011 -

Freddy Adu made a spectacular first start for Chelsea today as he had an assist, and 2 late goals to guide Chelsea to a 3-2 victory over Liverpool in the English community Shield. Adu assisted Robben with a pass into the box at the 41 minute mark. He had running strikes at the 85 and 90 minute mark to win the game for Chelsea.

Darn it, I knew I should have made a play for him when I could have...

Milan have offered 85 million dollars for Wayne Rooney. I tell them no.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:41 AM   #55
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
OOC Note: Gotta love the wife. She comes home from work and said, "You want to play your little ball game until bedtime, don't you? That is fine, I want to play some Vampire on the computer." (she is into Vampire the Masquerade on the main computer right now. That game is ruined by bugs for me, but she deals with them.) She then says, "Guess what, I brought you a Daquiri." So, I'll now be playing while possibly getting slightly tipsy on a White Russian Daquiri. Hopefully, I don't do anything foolish

Your wife sounds like a real catch. I love the daquiri part, it's hard to imagine that scene playing out anywhere besides New Orleans.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:46 AM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 9, 2011 -

DARN DARN DARN! Wayne Rooney has told "The People" that he is unhappy with my decision to reject the bid from Milan. He feels they are such an illustrious club, and he would like to be transferred there. He feels that no player should be kept at a club against their will.

Leeds have finally offered a counter offer for Chris Taylor. They want 5.6 million up front, 4.2 million over 6 months, and 10% of next sale. I think Taylor could develop into a top notch keeper, and he is only 22. He would be the perfect backup right now (he is better than my recent free transfer pickup.) I decide to agree to their offer.

Ipswich have made an offer to borrow Michael Woods for 3 months. I agree.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:47 AM   #57
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Your wife sounds like a real catch. I love the daquiri part, it's hard to imagine that scene playing out anywhere besides New Orleans.

Yeah. You gotta love the 24 hour Daquiri shops here, open even the night after Easter.

She definitely is great
Old 03-28-2005, 01:57 AM   #58
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 11, 2011 -

Leeds have accepted my deal for Chris Taylor. I'm not sure if either of these young keepers will end up becoming a top flight keeper, but they both have the possibility in my opinion.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:02 AM   #59
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 12, 2011 -

Barcelona have offered 27 million dollars for Stewart Downing. I tell them no.

Leicester have signed Colombian Striker Jafeth Asprilla for 3 million dollars.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:05 AM   #60
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 13, 2011 -

Today we travel to play Charlton. They were recently promoted to the EPL. They have a good team, but not a top notch team. Their best players are strikers Francis Jeffers and Simon Morgan. Their defense is led by Ryan Garry and Steve Gardner. Their keeper Peter Enckelman is average. Their left winger Anthony Grant is good.

We are 1-2 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the high 80's.

GK: Howard
DL: Silvestre
DC: Lucio
DC: Ferdinand
DR: Grygera
ML: Downing
MC: Djemba
MC: Cook
MR: Eagles
SC: McFadden
SC: Adriano (with Rooney injured)

S1: Harper
S2: King
S3: Schreurs
S4: smith
S5: Chivu
Old 03-28-2005, 02:23 AM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Downing dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. passes to Adriano in the box.. he fakes out a defender.. blasts a shot.. over the keeper's left shoulder.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

6 minute mark: Ryan Garry gets a yellow card for tripping Adriano.

11 minute mark: Djemba gets a yellow card for a trip on Jeffers.

15 minute mark: Downing crosses.. Adriano jumps.. heads it.. over the bar.

20 minute mark: Howard stops a Jeffers breakway.

39 minute mark: Long range shot by Djemba.. the keeper saves it.

41 minute mark: Adriano passes to Mcfadden in the box.. he shoots.. wide right.

42 minute mark: Bowditch passes long to Jeffers.. I breath a sigh of relief as the shot sails inches wide left.

Halftime: Up 1-0. They have over 27,000 fans here today.

Eagles picked up a knock and is hurt, I put Schreurs on for him.

47 minute mark: Stephen Warnock gets a yellow card for holding Schreurs' jersey.

63 minute mark: McFadden is tired. I put Smith on for him.

80 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Adriano in the box.. he puts a move on the defender.. shoots.. wide left.

89 minute mark: Downing throws it in to Smith.. he crosses it for the far post.. Adriano traps it.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! That is 2 for Adriano.

92 minute mark: Downing passes to Smith who heads it to Adriano.. he shoots.. barely over the bar.. just missed his hattrick.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 15-7 (7-2 on target)

Downing won MoM, 9 for form, 20 of 25 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 2 interceptions, 10 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Silvestre, Ferdinand, and Schreurs had 7's. The rest of the team (including Alan Smith in limited action) had 8's for form.

Adriano continues to really impress me with his scoring prowess.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:29 AM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

West Brom surprised Arsenal with a 1-0 victory.

Charlton have signed 24 year old Scottish Striker Ross McCormack from the Rangers for 9 million dollars. This is upsetting several of Charlton's strikers who feel they will lose their spot.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:47 AM   #63
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Yeah, that was what I was asking. Having a star player like Adriano, does going to play in his homeland really work?
There is a thread in General Discussion where Marc Vaughan commented on this. I'd be incline to go with what he says.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #64
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 14, 2011 -

We have completed the deal for Leed's Chris Taylor. Hopefully, I'm right and he becomes a very good keeper. Mr. Quieroz doesn't think he will.

Millwall wants to borrow Cedric Gomis a 20 year striker in my youth system who is developing nicely. He doesn't look like he will ever be a star, but he could be a nice source of some income for some middle to upper tier team. I agree to loan him out.

Chris Taylor has told the press that his move from Leeds to Old Trafford is a "dream come true." He finds it very flattering that a club like Manchester United went to such lengths to acquire him, and he is hopefully he will learn from Tim Howard and eventually break into the first team.

Louis Saha injured his groin in practice and will miss about two weeks. So far my strategy for cutting down injuries doesn't appear to be very productive.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:49 AM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 19, 2011 -

Aston Villa purchased 25 year olds Romanian Striker Ciprian Marica from Everton for 14 million dollars. Everton fans are very upset that one of their favorite players was sold.

Before my match against him and his side, Southampton manager Steve Bruce told Football365.com that he feels we are team to watch in this season's title race. He said that he doesn't believe we have any weaknesses and we should be up there at the end of the season."

I chose to respond by saying, "I think Steve is right. If we continue to play hard, we should win the league title. I'm confident we have the ability to go all the way."
Old 03-28-2005, 11:53 AM   #66
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 20, 2011 -

Thomas Heaton skipped training yesterday. I call him into my office, and fine him a week's wages.

Thomas Heaton acknowledged that his behavior was unacceptable and that he deserved the fine. He indicated a willingness to improve his behavior in the future.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:56 AM   #67
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 20, 2011 -

Today we host Southampton in a televised match. Robbin Kieft is a talented striker and we will have to watch him closely to make sure that he doesn't score. James Beattie is a crafty veteran at the other striker position. Right winger Christoph Preub and left winger Bobby Convey form a talented pair of wingers. The defense is solid and is led by Philippe Senderos. Their keeper Simon Jentzsc can play very well at times.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the mid 50's.

DR: Brown
SC: Rooney

S1: Taylor
S2: Adriano
S3: Schreurs
S4: Smith
S5: Chivu
Old 03-28-2005, 12:11 PM   #68
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Djemba collides with Kieft.. Djemba is hurt.. he has to go off.

I put Schreurs in for Djemba.

15 minute mark: Schreurs collided with Beattie.. Schreurs is hurt.. he insists he can continue. I need him to continue.

25 minute mark: Downing burns three defenders, but misdribbles, and it goes over the end line.

31 minute mark: Downing passes to Schreurs in the box.. hard shot.. the keeper blocks it.

Both defenses are playing well.

33 minute mark: Schreurs passes to McFadden in the box.. hard close range shot.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have about 60,000 fans here today.

51 minute mark: Rooney passes to Cook just outside the box.. good shot... the keeper blocks it.. the defense clears it.

62 minute mark: Smith on for McFadden and Adriano on for Rooney as they are both tired.

65 minute mark: Eagles with a corner to the center of the box.. Lucio heads it.. over the bar.

70 minute mark: Lucio heads a kick from the keeper at midfield.. all the way into the box.. Smith beats the keeper to it.. dribbles around the keeper.. shoots.. into the center of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

75 minute mark: Convey crosses to Beattie in the box.. Lucio and Beattine jump.. whistle.. Lucio is judged to have unfairly jumped with Beattie! Penalty shot awarded.. Higginbotham steps up.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

78 minute mark: Downing dribbles past three defenders.. cuts it into towards the box.. fires a quick pass across the pitch.. Adriano by the far post.. jumps.. heads it.. upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 2-1.

83 minute mark: Downing crosses for Adriano.. he shoots.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

87 minute mark: Eagles passes back to Lucio.. he shoots a shot from 35 yards that catches the keeper out of the net.. it sails over the keeper's head.. he is racing back.. the ball beats the keeper to the goal! GOAL!!!!! 3-1.

91 minute mark: Senderos tackles Adriano hard.... he is hurt.. he shakes it off.

Game over. 3-1 win Adriano with another game winner.. hopefully, he isn't hurt bad.

We outshot them 13-3 (9-1 on target)

Downing won MoM, 9 for form, 12 of 13 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 0 of 2 headers, 1 interception, 21 runs, 1 assist.

Silvestre, Lucio, Eagles, Adriano, and Alan Smith all had 8's. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:14 PM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Djemba sprained his ankle and will miss a week.

Adriano stubbed a toe. He is expected to miss 5 days! For a stubbed toe!?!

If he can't play for 5 days, he will miss our next match. Fortunately, our next match is against Blackburn which doesn't have a very good team this year. I can afford to have Adriano take that game off if necessary.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:56 PM   #70
Koryo
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Aug 9, 2011 -

DARN DARN DARN! Wayne Rooney has told "The People" that he is unhappy with my decision to reject the bid from Milan. He feels they are such an illustrious club, and he would like to be transferred there. He feels that no player should be kept at a club against their will.

Leeds have finally offered a counter offer for Chris Taylor. They want 5.6 million up front, 4.2 million over 6 months, and 10% of next sale. I think Taylor could develop into a top notch keeper, and he is only 22. He would be the perfect backup right now (he is better than my recent free transfer pickup.) I decide to agree to their offer.

Ipswich have made an offer to borrow Michael Woods for 3 months. I agree.

Given the amount of time that he spends on the "I'm too tired to play today" list, his trade in value, and your depth at the striker, perhaps there is still time to pitch him to Milan. I've noticed that a nice deterrent to getting proposals for players you would rather keep is setting the value for them at outrageously high levels (900 million for Rooney?). Other teams see "unspecified" for the sales value of a player and they fire away offers that can get you in trouble.

I've never succeeded in getting a player happy again once he gets angered this way. I always end up trading him for the offer that was refused plus a little more or I watch and let him play out his contract unhappy till he eventually walks.

Given the fabulous depth at striker, have you thought about going to any 3 or 4 striker formations?

Last edited by Koryo : 03-28-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Koryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:29 PM   #71
Desnudo
Coordinator

That's great that Chivu resigned. In my game, he's been a model professional. He actually gets upset at unprofessional comments I occasionally make. I always feel guilty if I talk trash and some of my more stoic players are let down. He and Sebastien Saja are my conscience.

I picked up McFadden at the start of 10/11. Somehow he'd languished on the bench at Breschia for three years. He'd played something like 20 matches, all as a sub. I was suprised at how good he is. He makes a great left winger or forward.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 03:04 PM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koryo
Given the amount of time that he spends on the "I'm too tired to play today" list, his trade in value, and your depth at the striker, perhaps there is still time to pitch him to Milan. I've noticed that a nice deterrent to getting proposals for players you would rather keep is setting the value for them at outrageously high levels (900 million for Rooney?). Other teams see "unspecified" for the sales value of a player and they fire away offers that can get you in trouble.

I've never succeeded in getting a player happy again once he gets angered this way. I always end up trading him for the offer that was refused plus a little more or I watch and let him play out his contract unhappy till he eventually walks.

Given the fabulous depth at striker, have you thought about going to any 3 or 4 striker formations?

Yes, I've thought about trading Rooney. I've also thought about setting his asking price at a very very high level, but that seems to lower professionalism (or maybe it is my imagination?)

As far as trading Rooney, the biggest deterent is that he either becomes an explosive scorer for wherever I trade him, or the fans roast me for trading away such a talented player. I have definitely considered it, but these two things worry me.

As far as a three or four striker formation, I've given serious contemplation to running a 4-3-3, but I've never run the formation before, and I'm afraid that I might make a big mistake that would get me fired. The 4-4-2 worked so well once I tweaked it and acquired Downing that I'm a little afraid to change from it now.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:04 PM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
That's great that Chivu resigned. In my game, he's been a model professional. He actually gets upset at unprofessional comments I occasionally make. I always feel guilty if I talk trash and some of my more stoic players are let down. He and Sebastien Saja are my conscience.

I picked up McFadden at the start of 10/11. Somehow he'd languished on the bench at Breschia for three years. He'd played something like 20 matches, all as a sub. I was suprised at how good he is. He makes a great left winger or forward.

I'm very happy that Chivu re-signed too. The wierd thing is he has constantly been listed as unhappy since last year, but he plays well when I use him.

I really do like McFadden, although I think he became a little jaded for me last year.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-28-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:07 PM   #74
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 20, 2011 -

Zaragoza have offered 20 million for Christopher Eagles. I reject the offer.

I also decide that I'm going to start setting ridiculously high asking values for my players. I'm tired of them getting mad at me for rejecting multiple offers. Hopefully, it doesn't hurt others view of my professionalism too much.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:20 PM   #75
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 23, 2011 -

Mikael Silvestre was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Blackburn Boss Ciriaco Cano has voiced his doubts about my team's chances to win the EPL. He thinks I have too much to prove as a manager, and he doesn't think his Blackburn side has anything to be worried about.

I respond positively, but refusing to lash out at him, I say, "I'm quite certain we can win the title if we keep focusing on each game and playing hard every time on the pitch."
Old 03-28-2005, 03:29 PM   #76
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 24, 2011 -

Today we travel to play Blackburn. Blackburn has a talented pair of strikers in Paul Gallagher and Jonathan Stead. Midfielders Brett Emerton and Jozef Adam are also good. Their defense is average at best with Centreback Nils-Eric Johansson being key to their success. I almost forgot Barry Ferguson who is a very good veteran midfielder. Their keeper, Samir Handanovic is average at best.

We are 4-6 favorites.

We have multiple guys injured, and I'm playing my B squad this game. I hope it doesn't bite me in the rear.

It's raining with temperatures in the 40's.

DL: O'Shea
DC: Chivu
ML: Duff
MC: Stevanovic
MC: Mamam
MR: Schreurs
SC: King
SC: Smith

S2: Adriano (doubtful, I will play him if we are down at the 60 minute mark or tied at the 70 minute mark)
S3: Marino
S4: Cahais (will play if we get a big lead.)
S5: Downing (will play if we get into a deficit)
Old 03-28-2005, 03:55 PM   #77
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Grygera intercepts it.. passes it to King at midfield.. he passes it into the box.. Duff gets to it.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

9 minute mark: Bernard (their left fullback) is repeatedly stopping Schreurs.

10 minute mark: Stead crosses to Emerton outside the box.. he shoots from 25 yards.. a very hard curving shot.. it curves.. into the upper right corner of the net! GOAL. Down 1-0.

20 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot from Emerton.

41 minute mark: King passes it to Schreurs just inside the box.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

Halftime: Down 1-0. They have over 31,000 fans here today. For whatever reason, King looks very tired. I'm pulling him for Marino now.

48 minute mark: Marino dribbles down the length of the pitch.. going past three guys.. until Bernard tackles him and clears the ball.

50 minute mark: Grygera gets called for a trip.. Smith is angry.. argues the call.. yellow card for Smith.

60 minute mark: Downing on for Duff and Adriano on for Smith.

65 minute mark: Ferdinand tripped Stead.. yellow card for Ferdinand.

68 minute mark: Howard stops a close shot from Stead.

70 minute mark: Emerton steals it from Downing.

72 minute mark: Downing with a great pass to Adriano in the box.. he shoots.. hard shot.. the keeper saves it.

73 minute mark: Adriano steals it in the enemy's turf.. crosses to Schruers in the box.. Schreurs shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Downing gets the rebound.. shoots ... upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

76 minute mark: Howard saves a close range shot.. long kick to Adriano in the right corner of the pitch.. he crosses to Schreur.. he shoots.. over the bar.

81 minute mark: Ferdinand heads away a corner kick.. to Marino at midfield.. he plays a perfect pass into the box to Adriano.. he fakes right.. goes left.. shoots lower left corner.. the keeper dives.. and catches it.

90 minute mark: Downing gets the ball at left wing around midfield.. long pass.. perfect pass into the box.. Adriano is alone.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.. Barnard clears the rebound before Adriano can get to it.

91 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot from Ferguson.

94 minute mark: Chivu trips Emerton outside the box.. Red card for Chivu!

Game over. 1-1 tie. Blackburn seems to be pesky for me.

They outshot us 24-10! (7-7 on target)

Howard won MoM, 9 for form, 6 saves, 9 of 17 passes.

Ferdinand and Mamam both had 8's. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #78
condors
College Starter

Timmy!
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 04:39 PM   #79
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 27, 2011 -

Today we host Tottenham. We are currently 2nd in the EPL while Tottenham is 13th at this early point in the season. Tottenham has star striker Jermain Defoe and a speedy striker in Carlton cole. Ledley King and Mbulelo Mabizela are excellent defenders still. Keeper Paul Robinson remains a very good keeper. Pedro Mendes is a good midfielder.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's.

MC: stevanovic

S3: Smith
S4: Cahais
S5: Mamam
Old 03-28-2005, 04:58 PM   #80
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute mark: cook gets a yellow card for obstructing Mendes.

7 minute mark: Ferdinand is slightly hurt from a collision with Cole.

16 minute mark: Downing loses his dribble over the endline.

18 minute mark: McFadden crosses to Rooney in the middle of the box.. heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Cook gets the rebound.. powerful shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

31 minute mark: Ledley king with a big tackle on Downing.

44 minute mark: Defoe steals it from Silvestre, but Lucio comes over and steals it from him.

Halftime: 1-0. Only 57,000 fans, but I think the capacity is only around 60,000 while the construction occurs.

57 minute mark: Downing fakes out three defenders.. dribbles into the box.. passes a short pass to the near post... McFadden outleaps the defender.. heads it.. upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

62 minute mark: I decide to put Cahais on for Ferdinand to get Cahais some experience. I also put Mamam on for Cook who has a yellow card.

67 minute mark: Cahais with a good pass down the right sideline to Rooney.. he is tackled by King but earns the corner kick. The defense clears the corner kick.

81 minute mark: Matthew Taylor gets a yellow card for tripping Eagles.. he argues the call.. second yellow card.. he is ejected!

83 minute mark: Eagles is called for being offside.. argues the call.. yellow card for Eagles.

85 minute mark: Eagles crosses for Rooney.. he hits it on the half-volley.. wide left of the goal.

93 minute mark: Downing crosses for Rooney.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Eagles gets the rebound.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0! That rebound bounced right to Eagles.

Game over. 3-0 win for us.

We outshot them 9-1 (6-0 on target)

Downing won MoM, 10 for form, 14 of 15 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 2 of 5 headers, 24 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 2 assists.

McFadden and Eagles both had 8's. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:07 PM   #81
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Darn the attendance of 57,395 was a record low for the club! I remember back when I was happy to get 395 fans to come to a Harrogate match.

Apparently the stadium can hold 64,758 people during the construction period which is planned to be completed on 10/13/2011.

The fans have updated their favorite Personnel. Ruud van Nistelrooy, Tim Howard, Damien Duff, James McFadden, and Eric Djemba are now the favored players according to my teams' business manager. Another reason not to move Howard.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:24 PM   #82
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 28, 2011 -

Aston Villa have signed Liverpool's Jermaine Jenas for 16.5 million dollars.

Aston Villa have signed Paris' former England U21 centreback Michael Smith for 8 million dollars.

We were put in Group B of the Champions League. Others in this group include Fenerbahce, PAOK, and Juventus. Overall, I would say a good group which we should easily advance out of.

We were given 4.8 million dollars for playing in the CL Group Stage.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:41 PM   #83
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 31, 2011 -

Just out of interest, I decided to ask Mr. Queiroz who he thinks the first 11 should be and he gave me the following formation:

MC: Duff
SC: Adriano

He thinks Jimmy Murphy is my defender that is most likely to become a star. He thinks Jamie Cook is the midfielder most likely to become a star. He thinks Adriano is my biggest potential star.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-28-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:48 PM   #84
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug. 31, 2011 -

Birmingham sent Rudy Carlier to Zaragoa. In return they received 12 million dollars and Robin van Persie. Robin is a 28 yeear old talented Dutch striker.

Sep. 1, 2011 -

The board are very pleased with my performance as manager.

Stewart Downing has won the EPL Player of the Month Award. Djibril Cisse of Liverpool came in 2nd, and Arjen Robben of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Adriano has won the EPL Young Player of the Month award. Jamie Cook came in 2nd, and David Miller of Manchester City came in 3rd.

Manchester City's Richard Money has won EPL Manager of the Month. I came in 2nd, and Tony Colbert of Liverpool came in 3rd.

Brett Emerton's (Blackburn) strike against me on August 24 won Goal of the Month.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:52 PM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 2, 2011 -

I'm just realized that Bruce Arena is managing Aston Villa. Apparently he has been their manager for the last 3 years. Perhaps, I noticed this before and mentioned it, but it had escaped my memory if I had.

He is considered a World Class manager.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:10 PM   #86
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 3, 2011 -

Barry Parker played well for England and scored a goal in the Euro U21 Championship Qualifying match. He helped England win 3-0 over Romania. David Harper played well in goal the entire came. Jamie cook played well for 60 minutes and won MoM with an 8 for form.

In European Championship Qualifying play, we had the following players participate:

Zdenek Grygera played very well for the Czech Republic in their 1-0 win over the Faroe islands.

Chris Taylor started in goal for England! Unfortunately, it was a rough start, but his side won 3-2. Stewart Downing won MoM and had 3 assists in the 3-2 win over Romania. Rio Ferdinand, Christopher Eagles, and Wayne Rooney also started. Rooney scored a goal early before being injured at the 22 minute mark. He suffered a damaged shoulder and should be ok in a few days. Alan Smith came on as his replacement and played well. Craig King was an unused substitute. In total, we have 7 guys from our team on the English National Squad at this time!

Christian Chivu played well for Romania in that match.

James McFadden played well, but Scotland tied Azerbaijan 0-0.

Dalibor Stevanovic played ok, but Slovenia lost to Portugal 2-0.

Jeroen Schreurs scored a goal for Holland in their 3-2 victory over Iceland.

Damien Duff assisted on a goal in Ireland's 2-1 win over Austria. John O'Shea also played well for Ireland in this match.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:27 PM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 7, 2011 -

Arsenal is currently 16th in the EPL!!! They are rumored to be considering whether to fire Arsene Wenger. They lost 3 of their first 4 matches before beating Everton 6-1. Most experts predict if they lose to Aston Villa on the 10th, Wenger will be fired. Their previous losses this season are 1-0 to West Brom, 3-1 to Chelsea, and 1-0 to Manchester City. They don't have any guys injured, so these losses are perplexing.

Barry Parker scored England's lone goal in 1-0 victory over Scotland U21 Team in the Euro U21 Championship Qualifying match.

England beat Scotland 3-0 in the English Championship Qualifying match. Stewart Downing had a 10 for form and won MoM. He had an assist and a goal. Christopher Eagles started and played well . Alan Smith came on as a sub at the 45 minute mark, and he scored a goal as well.

Zdenek Grygera played well for the Czech Republic in a 0-0 tie with Russia.

Ireland beat Belarus 2-0 and John O'Shea played well in the match.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:38 PM   #88
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 10, 2011 -

Cardiff want to loan Thomas Heaton. They are agreeing that he can be recalled. I agree to this deal.

Champions League Odds have been posted today:

Juventus and Real Madrid have been made co-favorites at 4-1 odds. We are next with 5-1 odds. Valencia and Milan have 7-1 odds. Inter has been given 11-1 odds.

Today we travel to play the Wolves. The Wolves are currently in 14th place. We are in 2nd place. The wolves are led by right winger Andy Campbell and Striker Jay Bothroyd. Striker Stefan Moore has also played well this year. Midfielder Darren Carter has been reliable for them. Keeper Stuart Taylor has played well this year. Centreback Justin Hoyte and Richard Dunne have been average at best.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the mid 50's.

MC: Duff
SC: Adriano

S2: Schreurs
S3: Alan Smith
S4: Cahais
S5: King
Old 03-28-2005, 06:44 PM   #89
robbgmaier
College Prospect

I'm willing to poke my nose in and second the suggestion of moving Rooney. He's a pain in the ass, and you probably can do something with the $120M or so you get for him.

I also think your board is stupid for not working with Ruud. Everytime you put him on last season he seemed to do something good. Maybe you could keep him on as coach or something like you did with Barthez?
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:58 PM   #90
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Downing passes it to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. Maybe Rooney likes the left striker position better like Mr. Queiroz suggested.

5 minute mark: Kenton tripped Rooney.. no call!

14 minute mark: Chivu passes it to Rooney at midfield.. he passes it up the pitch to Adriano.. he dribbles past two defenders.. into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

36 minute mark: Eagles gets a yellow card for tripping Campbell. Djemba argues the call.. yellow card for him too.

40 minute mark: Howard stops a point blank shot from Bothroyd.

45 minute mark: Duff pass to Rooney in the box.. hard shot.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime: 2-0 lead. They have over 27,000 fans here today.

58 minute mark: Djemba passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner of the net.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

60 minute mark: Rooney is tired, but he has had his best game for me ever! He clearly did well playing aside Adriano and playing on the left side of the box. This very well could become my new best formation. I put Smith in for Rooney who is tired.

I also put Schreurs in for Eagles who is tired and has a yellow card.

Finally, I put Cahais on for Chivu.

69 minute mark: Djemba passes to the left side of the pitch to Downing.. he immediately crosses it to smith in the center of the box.. he immediately shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

Game over. 4-0 win for us.

We outshot them 10-4 (6-2 on target)

Djemba won MoM, 10 for form, 23 of 24 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 1 of 4 headers, 2 interceptions, and 1 assist.

Downing and Rooney also had 10's. Everyone else on the team had an 8 except for Cahais and Schreurs who had 7's.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:00 PM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbgmaier
I'm willing to poke my nose in and second the suggestion of moving Rooney. He's a pain in the ass, and you probably can do something with the $120M or so you get for him.

I also think your board is stupid for not working with Ruud. Everytime you put him on last season he seemed to do something good. Maybe you could keep him on as coach or something like you did with Barthez?

Read about Rooney's most recent game.. If he can keep playing like that, I won't move him obviously

As far as Ruud, I completely agree. He did well in limited time last year. I really would like to keep him, as a coach, or any other way. Saha on the other hand is falling apart according to my coaches. His attributes are declining, but he still has good speed. I want to get him on the pitch in a big win and see what he can do.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:28 PM   #92
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 11, 2011 -

Arsenal tied Aston Villa 1-1, and the Arsenal board gave Wenger the dreaded vote of confidence.

Silvestre, Lucio, and Downing were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:38 PM   #93
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 13, 2011 -

Today we host Fenerbahce from Turkey in our first Group B Champions League Match. They have a very talented pair of strikers in Halil Altintop and Ozturk Ali. Their midifeld is very solid with Roman Hendrych, Cuneyt Adam, and Mustafa Budak working the middle of their 3-5-2 rotation. Their defense is just average with Cetin Servet being the best centreback. Keeper Ozcelik Ali Melih is average.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 40's.

Duff just suffered a concussion in training the other day. Fletcher, Mamam, and Serhat are also injured for this match.

MR: Schreurs
SC: Smith

S3: Brown
S4: O'Shea
S6: Stevanovic
S7: Parker
Old 03-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #94
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: Downing crosses long to Schreurs.. he passes to Smith in the box.. hard shot.. the keeper blocks it.. Downing gets the rebound.. blazes it.. over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 57,000 fans here today.

Everyone is very lackluster in the first half.

53 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick.. finds Schreurs in the box.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. it sails out of the box... Chivu gets to it.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. 25 yard strike!

Stevanovic on for Schreurs who is slightly hurt and tired.

60 minute mark: Smith just picked up an injury, I put King on for him.

67 minute mark: Stevanovic passes to King who passes back to Stevanovic.. in the box.. hard shot.. GO.. offside on Stevanovic.

75 minute mark: Stevanovic passes into the box for King.. he settles it.. shoots.. over the bar.

77 minute mark: Downing dribbles into the box.. shoots.. hard shot.. the keeper blocks it.. wide open net as King gets the rebound.. he flinches.. shoots it over the bar! Terrible effort.

83 minute mark: Cook intercepts it at midfield.. passes it to Downing outside the box.. he passes it between two defenders to McFadden.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Game over. 2-0 win.

We outshot them 12-4 (8-1 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 19 of 23 passes, 5 of 12 tackles, 4 of 8 headers, 2 interceptions, 17 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

McFadden also had a 9. Grygera, Schreurs, Djemba, and Cook all had 8's. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #95
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info: We were awarded 400,000 dollars for that win.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:22 PM   #96
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 15, 2011 -

Thomas Heaton has gone on loan to Cardiff.

He told a reporter, he is delighted to have this opportunity to play first team football and he hopes this is an audition for a permeant move.

I hope he does well, and draws a nice transfer offer for me to move him.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:29 PM   #97
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 17, 2011 -

Northampton have asked to borrow Steve Burgess for 3 months. I agree to their offer.

Today we host Fulham. We are currently 1st in the EPL. Fulham is currently in 7th. Fulham has a dynamic duo of strikers in Milan Baros and Collins John. Midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger has always given me problems. Tehir left winger Steed Malbranque is injured. Their defense is suspect and keeper Michael Rensing has been facing a high number of shots this year. I hope we can continue this trend.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's.

SC: Adriano (I'll try this experiment again)

S2: Parker
S3: Marino (will get on if we get a big lead.)
S4: O'Shea
Old 03-28-2005, 08:44 PM   #98
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

20 minute mark: Eagles with a long range shot.. their keeper saves it.

43 minute mark: Downing crosses to Rooney by the near post.. he heads it.. into the crossbar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. A little over 58,000 fans here today.

Adriano is having the first bad game that I've ever seen him have. He has a 5 for form at the half.

55 minute mark: Downing crosses to Adriano.. he shoots.. over the bar. Adriano has raised his form to 6, and I'll give him 5 more minutes.

60 minute mark: Adriano has raised his form to a 7 and is moving better without the ball. Rooney on the other hand is tired, I bring in King for him.

I also put Parker on for Cook who is tired and lackluster.

76 minute mark: Djemba with a hard shot.. the keeper saves it.

79 minute mark: I tell the guys to open up the attack more, I don't want just one point this match.

85 minute mark: Djemba with a blistering shot.. the keeper blocks it.

89 minute mark: Adriano draws the keeper over.. passes it to Djemba.. hard shot.. wide open net.. the centreback blocks it saving a goal.

Game over. Disappointing 0-0 tie.

We outshot them 19-2 (9-0 on target)

I would have given their keeper MoM, but..

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 19 of 23 passes, 3 of 3 tackles, 2 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 15 runs, 3 fouls drawn.

Eagles had an 8 for form. The rest of the team had 7's for form.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #99
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Despite the tie, we are still in 1st place with 14 points. Liverpool and Chelsea each have 13 points. Aston Villa is 4th with 12 points. Coventry and Manchester City are 5th and 6th with 10 points.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #100
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 19, 2011 -

Stewart Downing was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Steve Burgess has gone to Northampton.

Supporters of Arsenal are picketing for Arsene Wenger to be fired!