SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Now I'm itching for a mission
Old 02-15-2004, 12:27 PM   #403
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
The only one that came up short today was Tasan.
Are you really suprised by this? The legacy continues....

Last edited by Tasan : 02-15-2004 at 12:27 PM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 03:10 PM   #404
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

October 27

As the EU COM Skyranger heads back to base, the USA COM Skyranger launches to clean up the UFO crash site in North Dakota. They should strike in mid-morning, which will give us plenty of daylight.

X-COM HyperWave Radar identified Ethereal communications from the craft before CapnMorgan shot it down. Ethereals are always such fun at parties.

On board:
Alf III, Achilles, Patman II, Illinifan V, AStott, Airhog II, Afoci, Wade Moore, Jeeber D, Mr. Bug IV.

Good luck, men!

Upcoming:
Monday (probably night): Mission 85
Tuesday: Updated Stats & Mission 86 Lead-in
Wednesday: Skyranger Transmission for Mission 86 (with our new Skyranger pilot!)
Thursday: Mission 86
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 04:54 PM   #405
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Don't make me die in North Dakota please! We don't want an Illinifan VI. Maybe he'll run away like II or was it III?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 05:56 PM   #406
tucker342
Pro Starter

lol, can't even keep them straight anymore!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:22 PM   #407
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

RING RING RING

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! Whoops.

Calling everyone on guard duty at SAM COM and AFRICA COM! Pack up your gear and report to processing for active duty assignments.

There are 12 of you down there available (2 are AWOL, though). We need eight of you, so we'll take the first eight to respond. The slowest four have to clean the whole base by themselves and miss all the fun.

117. Psycho Cop II
119. Tucker II ( in transit)
121. Katon II
122. Mike Vic (in transit)
59. Daimyo II
94. Data King III
123. Vince
124. Sir Fozzie II (in transit)
125. Chief Rum IV
126. The Herd (in transit)
127. Hoops Guy (in transit)
128. ShaefIllini (in transit)

We're not calling off the waiting list yet, but if you're on the waiting list, we'll be calling quite a few of you once we reach the first of November, game time. Saves money this way; if we call you now we have to pay you for October.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 02-16-2004 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:26 PM   #408
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

Skyranger Transmission

There is no word from the USA COM Skyranger. We are unable to raise them via radio. Probably just a technical difficulty. Don't worry.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:28 PM   #409
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Old 02-15-2004, 10:43 PM   #410
JeeberD
General Manager

Uhoh, my first mission in forever and it sounds like trouble...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:47 PM   #411
ShaefIllini
Mascot

I'm ready for an assignment
ShaefIllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #412
hoopsguy
General Manager

Reporting for duty. I'm sure I'll miss all the excitement here in Africa, but will do my best to cope.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:52 PM   #413
MikeVic
Head Coach

Answering the call. Just don't put me in any nasty fights. I'm here for the status I'll gain as being a part of X-Com!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:15 AM   #414
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am ready for anything..

... ANYTHING.. (Lip lick)
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:44 AM   #415
tucker342
Pro Starter

reporting for duty
Old 02-16-2004, 12:44 AM   #416
tucker342
Pro Starter

dola-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
Update

Skyranger Transmission

There is no word from the USA COM Skyranger. We are unable to raise them via radio. Probably just a technical difficulty. Don't worry.

That can't be good....
Old 02-16-2004, 12:45 AM   #417
tucker342
Pro Starter

I was wondering why he was calling for 8 of us... I guess that answers my question...
Old 02-16-2004, 09:31 AM   #418
revrew
Team Chaplain

Um, we can't lose Wade Moore. No. Nope, can't lose him. How many categories is he a leader in??

As for the EU Com mission, I was glad to wing a couple of those punks so our boys could get the kills. Just rip off alien appendages from long distance and send the youngsters in to mop up the mess. Nice mission, men. As for that shot into the hedge at my feet, you know what they say about "close" - it only counts in horshoes, hand grenades, and foreplay. Better luck next time, alien dogs.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:04 AM   #419
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm in if I'm one of the 8

Answering active duty call
Old 02-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #420
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

North Dakota isn't friendly.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:05 PM   #421
Blade
College Prospect

Nice job on our mission, GB! Glad I could contribute with a few kills...

Let's hope the US team is alright...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:22 PM   #422
The_herd
College Starter

I can't count too well. So I'm just going to respond regardless of whether I'm in the 8 or not.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:11 PM   #423
Blade6119
Coordinator

There are 5 guys with names beginning with A on this mission...this is like begging to die
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:32 PM   #424
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

The communication glitch was just that, a glitch…

(photos coming in an hour or so)

85th Mission: Ethereals in North Dakota

The USA COM Skyranger is barely airborne before it starts its descent to the North Dakota farmland. The short jaunt to the UFO crash site takes less than 30 minutes, and the men have to hurry through their equipment checks. The weather outside should be sunny and cool, a perfect day for combat.

Back in action after extended layoffs are both Illinifan V and AStott, both of whom have been out with wounds.

Wade Moore will lead us.

Our troops today:

Left Side:
1. Alf III (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. Achilles (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
3. Patman II (Blaster Launcher, Power Suit)
4. Illinifan V (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
5. AStott (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

Right Side:
1. Airhog II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
2. Wade Moore II (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
3. Afoci (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
4. Jeeber D (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)
5. Mr. Bug IV (Heavy Plasma, Power Suit)

The Skyranger descends through the clear skies to the North Dakota farmland. The men inside scan the battle field below. We appear to be coming down on the edge of a farm complex. We can see three two-story buildings: one sits to our exit’s immediate right; one sits about 40 yards away, off to the right rear of our exit; and the last sits straight out from our exit, about 60 yards away. We’re coming down on the southwest corner of the battle zone; the areas to the left of the exit and towards the nose of the Skyranger are secure zones. The battle today will occur to the right and rear of our craft. We can’t see the UFO, yet.

The Skyranger touches down. The ramp drops away and hits the ground with a thunk. Silence. Our tank heads down the ramp, reaches the bottom, and scans for aliens: nothing. Alf III and Airhog II exit the Skyranger and take up firing positions at the landing gear while our tank makes a more extensive search of the nearby area. We’re hemmed in by the three surrounding buildings, so we can’t see all that much, but there appears to be nothing nearby waiting to kill us. Still, these buildings are perfect hiding places for enemies; we’ll want to clear them as quickly as possible. We deploy in force.

Jeeber D and Afoci exit the Skyranger and head for the building (a barn) to our immediate right. Once there, Afoci blows a hole in the outer wall so the two men can enter and begin their search. Achilles and Airhog II follow our tank alongside a stone wall that leads up to the building (a house) off to our right rear. Once there, Airhog II blows a hole in the outer wall and the two men enter. Illinifan V and Alf III head straight out from our exit for the most distant building (another house). They reach it without incident. These two men can now see yet another two-story building just past a hedged-in grove behind and to the right of this building. Man, this is some tight quarters. While Illinifan keeps and eye out for aliens in the grove and more distant house, Alf III starts into the house the two men have just reached.

X-COM agents move in on a North Dakota village. October, 2003. X-COM Archives Photo

While these searches are going on, Patman II exits the Skyranger and sets up a firing position with the Blaster Launcher near the nose of the Skyranger. Our tank pulls back to a small open field that lies between the first two buildings. AStott and Mr. Bug IV exit the Skyranger and join it there. The two men follow our tank in a slow advance through the field to a low hedge at the far end. AStott and Mr. Bug can now see the UFO, a crossed-shaped scout, lying in a field about 30 yards beyond the two buildings nearest us.

The first two buildings are cleared without any sign of alien movement, but Illinifan V reports that he heard a house door close in the fourth building, and AStott and Mr. Bug can hear the whirring of UFO doors. We’re getting close. Jeeber D and Afoci take up positions on the far side of the first building, just behind a stone wall overlooking the field that sits in front of the UFO. Achilles takes up a position at a window of the second building that overlooks the UFO and intervening fields. Airhog, who has just cleared the rooftop of the building, also moves towards the edge overlooking the field and UFO. Illinifan V and Alf III continue securing the third building.

Suddenly, Achilles spots an Ethereal, about 30 yards away, approaching the second building through a field to the left of the UFO! Achilles goes to fire, but the Ethereal is too quick! A plasma blast races for the house, cuts through the window and slams into Achilles’ shoulder, badly denting the armor and sending waves of pain through his torso. Achilles gets off two quick shots before the Ethereal retreats, but they both sail badly wide. Achilles ducks out of sight to catch his breath and shake his shoulder loose. Airhog, up on the roof, moves closer to the edge to try and pick up the Ethereal, but he can’t spot anything. In the field to their right, AStott preps a grenade and makes a long toss to the location we think the Ethereal retreated towards. AStott’s grenade goes off an instant later, sending a cloud of turf and smoke skyward. Right after the explosion, we hear the frantic screams of a dying Ethereal! Nice throw AStott! Good to have you back! X-COM 1, Aliens 0.

Back at the third building, Alf, who’s now on the roof, gives the all clear. While he moves close to the edge of the roof in order to try to spot movement in the fourth building, Illinifan V advances there along a hedgewall. We hear another door click open in there, so we know someone’s home. With action likely, Wade Moore exits the Skyranger and jogs forward to help. Come out and play, Mr. Ethereal!

Back at the second building, Achilles regroups and moves back to the window, just in time to see another Ethereal approaching through the same field to the left of the UFO! Before Achilles can get a shot off, the Ethereal puts a cluster of low trees between him and Achilles, and Achilles loses sight of the alien. Up on the roof, Airhog preps and tosses a grenade towards the area behind the trees, but the grenade lands well short of its target and explodes harmlessly. Eat more Wheaties, Airhog!

In the field just south of these two men, Mr. Bug IV, our tank, and AStott begin a cautious advance towards the UFO through the intervening field. They keep their eyes open left as well, in case the Ethereal, or Ethereals, draw any closer. If we can draw close enough to the UFO, we can toss some grenades into the craft through the damaged roof.

Just south of these two men, Afoci and Jeeber D start through the fields that run alongside the right side of the UFO. They’ll try to sweep around the right side of the UFO, so as to come up on the exit door, which must lie on the far side of the craft. On the way, they may be able to get some grenades in through the roof as well.

Suddenly, the Ethereal reappears in the field in front of Achilles. Once again, Achilles is slow on the draw. The Ethereal fires a rocket right at Achilles! The bomb slams into the outside wall of the house, right beside Achilles’ window, and goes off with a pop: stun bomb! A cloud of noxious gas fills the air, but not enough of it gets inside the house to affect Achilles. A fraction of a second later, our men are hammered by a ferocious wave of alien PSI-energy! Everyone stands firm, though! Way to go, men! Achilles and Airhog shake off the chills from the PSI attack and open fire on the alien in the field. It turns to take cover, but Airhog hits it in the back with a shot that drives it to the ground screaming! The alien dies a few seconds later. X-COM 2, Aliens 0.

We continue our advance, but waves of PSI energy are washing over us at regular intervals now. Finally, just as Alf, Wade, and Illinifan are ready to rush to the fourth building, Alf’s will power caves in. He panics, drops his weapon, and starts running away. Wade and Illinifan are forced to move on without him.

At the second building, Achilles exits and Airhog jumps off the roof. They move forward through the field and join our tank and Mr. Bug, who have cut over from the field to the south. This unit will advance around the left side of the UFO.

Meanwhile, AStott cuts toward the right of the UFO and joins up with Afoci and Jeeber D. This unit starts tossing grenades in through the hole in the UFO roof. A number of crashes follow, but none of them bring any alien screams.

Suddenly, an Ethereal flies up over the roof of the UFO and advances on Achilles, Mr. Bug, and Airhog! It’s 30 yards away and closing fast. Crap! I forgot they can fly! The three men dive for cover as plasma blasts tear up the ground. Patman II, back at the Skyranger, snaps awake, alertly plots a quick firing course with the Blaster Launcher, and pulls the trigger. An instant later, the Ethereal looks up in horror as a Blaster missile screams down on it. The missile is a direct hit: the Ethereal is vaporized in a massive fireball. Boo yah! X-COM 3, Aliens 0.

We resume our advance, but we’re still getting hit with strong PSI attacks. While Alf blubbers away in the field just short of the fourth house, Wade and Illinifan make a careful search. Strangely, they find no aliens in the building. The doors Illinifan heard opening must have come from some other location.

Back at the UFO, we close in. Our tank leads the advance around the left side, and spots a couple of semi-destroyed shacks just past it. Aha! This must have been the source of the door sounds we heard. With Mr. Bug and Achilles close behind, the tank works it way through the structures, but finds no aliens.

X-COM agents close in on an enemy UFO. October, 2003. X-COM Archives Photo

On the other side of the UFO, AStott, Afoci, and Jeeber D expend their supply of grenades on the hole in the UFO roof, but they get no payback. Finally, grenades exhausted, they continue around the UFO.

We’ll use our tank for cover, and set up an ambush at the door with Mr. Bug and Achilles on the left side of the UFO. Airhog, who already has a kill, will stay in reserve. The two men follow our tank around the back side of the UFO, but suddenly a wave of PSI energy hits Mr. Bug, snapping his will to fight. He panics, and then goes berserk! He opens fire in random directions! Achilles and our tank scramble around a corner of the UFO to get away from the fire. Yikes! So much for that plan. We’ll use the men on the other side of the UFO.

AStott approaches the entrance alongside the wall of the UFO, while Afoci and Jeeber D set up a firing position on the UFO door from behind a low hedge. While we wait, Achilles tosses yet another grenade through the roof of the UFO. This time, the explosion gets us a horrific scream! Yes! We got one!

And that is the last alien! Finally. What a long mission just for four aliens. Ethereals are bastards.

Kills: Achilles, 1; Patman II, 1; Airhog II, 1; AStott, 1.
KIA: None.
Wounded: None
Attribute Improvements: Achilles, Patman II, Airhog II, AStott, Alf III, Jeeber D, Afoci.
Final score: One-hundred something (forgot to write it down).
Mission Notes:
I’m happy I was patient with this mission. There were a lot of places where I was tempted to cut corners to make the mission go faster, but I stuck to doing things right. A little tedious because of the cramped terrain in those houses, but it paid off. No casualties, good experience for such a low-kill mission.

AStott is a rising star in the X-COM ranks. Among agents with more than 10 missions, his 1.31 kill/mission average (KMA) is second only to Klayman’s 1.38 all-time high. Only two other agents with ten or missions—Blade6119 III (1.18) and Shorty (1.00)—have had a KMA of 1.00 or higher. If past performance is an indicator of future gains, AStott may want to cool off. Klayman, Blade 6119 III, and Shorty are all dead.

Airhog II saw his bravery go up ten big points!

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 02-17-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:35 PM   #425
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I survived!
Old 02-16-2004, 10:36 PM   #426
tucker342
Pro Starter

whoa you scared me GB
Old 02-16-2004, 10:44 PM   #427
Blade6119
Coordinator

damn...that was one bad mission for achilles...gets shot, is too slow like 10 times, get shot at by 2 rockets, has his closest squadmate turn evil(mr.bug)...that last kill was nice, but everytime something went bad achilles was their. i feel for you man, as Blade6119 is a walking target in godzilla's world.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:56 PM   #428
JeeberD
General Manager

Woohoo! I was worried that those PSI attacks were going to get me. Glad to see I was able to resist them and get some attribute improvements...

Old 02-17-2004, 02:33 AM   #429
3ric
College Starter

Whew. With that many men called up, I feared this mission would be like the movie about the "Black Sox Scandal"...

...you know, "Eight Men Out".

*rim shot*
Old 02-17-2004, 07:31 AM   #430
Alf
Pro Starter

I seem low against PSI attacks...
Old 02-17-2004, 09:47 AM   #431
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf

You psi weakling !!!

Old 02-17-2004, 04:19 PM   #432
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf

So you finally came out from underneath your rock?
Old 02-17-2004, 04:23 PM   #433
Poli
FOFC Survivor

AE reporting for duty. For the waiting list, whatever. BS I'm not getting paid this month.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:35 PM   #434
Sectoid Leader
n00b

Silly humans. You think you own the world? You think you are safe behind your Blaster Launchers? You have no power. We toy with you.

Watch this.

Calling Mr. Tasan. Tasan. Tasan. Tasan.

This is Sectoid Leader, Tasan.

We have decided to kill you, Tasan.

You will never see November.
Sectoid Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM   #435
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sectoid Leader
Silly humans. You think you own the world? You think you are safe behind your Blaster Launchers? You have no power. We toy with you.

Watch this.

Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 04:54 PM   #436
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sectoid Leader

Watch this.

EEK!

Why pick on me all the sudden?

*runs and hides under a rock*
Old 02-17-2004, 05:15 PM   #437
AStott
Mascot

Yes! Yes! I'm back! Sweet!

What? Me cool off? Not a chance. You underestimate my skills!
AStott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:08 PM   #438
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Communication

Didn't mean to scare everyone on that last mission.

We still are calling up those eight agents, though, and we still need two to answer the call. Katon, PsychoCop, Vince, Daimyo, Data King, and Chief Rum, your phones are ringing.

Sectoid Leader: How bold! Calling out death! Trying to jinx us? We'll see. But I might start counting your own days left. It might be Tasan that shows up to personally rip your throat out.

Tasan: Don't let him shake you. Ain't nothing going to happen to you. (If you do want to stay out of action until next month, let me know).

AStott: Yup. I was off on those wounded days. As usual. Back in action, with another kill. You are a machine.

Ardent: Welcome back! Good trip? This thread dropped down to number 15 or so without you around to bump it up to the top.

Jeeber D: Yes. Nothing phased you. Well done. And skills are up to boot!

Tucker, Blade: Thanks!

Blade6119: Yeah, Achilles is lucky to be alive. And that mission was hard as hell to keep everyone straight when I wrote it: all those "A" names! Eek. (Insert A-Team joke here).

I'll get those photos up tonight, by the way.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:12 PM   #439
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

X-COM II Troop Master List (After Mission 85)

USA COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills 14. Wade Moore Active Colonel 24 22 43. Achilles Active Sergeant 18 14 46. Patman II Active Captain 20 11 55. Sublime II Active Squaddie 14 9 61. Rawisdan Active Squaddie 14 7 73. CTHomer Active Squaddie 10 6 74. AStott Active Captain 13 17 75. Alf III Active Squaddie 7 4 92. Jeeber D Active Squaddie 7 5 93. Afoci Active Squaddie 7 4 96. Illinifan V Active Squaddie 5 3 98. MrBug IV Active Squaddie 7 3 112. Airhog II Active Squaddie 2 1 113. Anxiety II Active Squaddie 1 1 114. Blade6119 IV WND (1) Squaddie 1 0 115. Klayman III Active Squaddie 1 1

EU COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills 2. jfbbis Active Colonel 20 19 10. Kodos Active Commander 23 22 19. Revrew Active Captain 22 18 37. The Time Active Sergeant 19 6 66. Tasan Active Squaddie 14 6 70. Naiwf Active Sergeant 13 9 89. RealDeal III Active Squaddie 10 4 90. Coffee Warlord II Active Sergeant 10 8 97. Blade III Active Squaddie 5 6 101. Wolfpack Active Squaddie 6 5 102. Japherwaki II Active Squaddie 8 7 105. Swaggs Active Sergeant 8 6 110. Breeze Active Squaddie 2 2 116. Chuck U Farley Active Squaddie 2 2 120. Sachmo III Active Squaddie 2 1

ASIA COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills 15. Rich 1033 Active Squaddie 19 13 35. Jeff Nights II Active Captain 22 10 39. Thomkal II Active Sergeant 17 15 41. Fat Football II Active Sergeant 18 8 45. Danny VanHalen Active Sergeant 17 13 52. Qwikshot II Active Captain 17 11 76. Fonzie II Active Squaddie 10 7 78. Render II Active Sergeant 11 6 84. Split Pers III Active Squaddie 6 7 103. Condors II Active Sergeant 6 7 106. Travis III Active Squaddie 6 4 108. Zippy II Active Squaddie 4 2 109. Glengoyne Active Squaddie 3 2 111. 3ric IV Active Squaddie 3 1 118. Calis Active Rookie 1 0

SAM COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills 71. Wignasty Active Squaddie 7 3 117. Psycho Cop II Active Rookie 0 0 119. Tucker II Active Rookie 0 0 121. Katon II Active Rookie 0 0 122. Mike Vic Active Rookie 0 0

AFRICA COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills 59. Daimyo II Active Squaddie 9 5 94. Data King III Active Squaddie 5 2 123. Vince Active Rookie 0 0 124. Sir Fozzie II Active Rookie 0 0 125. Chief Rum IV Active Rookie 0 0 126. The Herd Active Rookie 0 0 127. Hoops Guy Active Rookie 0 0 128. ShaefIllini Active Rookie 0 0

X-COM II Troop Attributes
Code:
Name TUs Sta Hlt Brv Rea Fir Thw Str PsD PsS 2. jfbbis 75 82 61 30 35 82 58 56 10. Kodos 80 90 58 50 61 79 73 57 14. Wade Moore 79 81 56 30 59 91 72 67 15. Rich 1033 75 68 44 20 55 54 70 62 19. Revrew 76 70 55 30 37 66 59 60 35. Jeff Nights II 68 75 54 60 32 64 60 52 37. The Time 72 81 54 50 62 53 57 51 39. Thomkal II 70 92 60 30 56 50 61 49 41. Fat Football II 71 72 43 50 38 69 73 52 43. Achilles 73 74 57 10 46 79 79 53 45. Danny VanHalen 75 79 48 10 42 63 78 51 46. Patman II 76 69 53 60 47 52 79 55 52. Qwikshot II 73 81 45 10 58 77 65 52 55. Sublime II 72 73 44 10 40 73 76 55 59. Daimyo II 65 60 48 30 47 70 64 43 61. RawisDan 68 50 37 60 37 67 74 48 66. Tasan 66 62 46 50 39 65 58 52 70. Naiwf 74 70 53 50 40 62 69 49 71. Wignasty 64 45 37 20 38 61 72 44 73. CTHomer 68 67 38 10 58 45 62 46 74. AStott 74 60 53 50 55 72 62 58 75. Alf III 62 57 36 40 52 50 55 46 76. Fonzie II 68 74 52 20 42 63 79 46 78. Render II 66 59 45 50 57 72 69 46 84. Split Pers III 66 68 42 30 40 64 67 41 89. RealDeal III 73 72 35 60 47 65 68 54 90. Coffee Warlord II 73 81 46 60 38 72 69 45 92. Jeeber D 61 58 41 20 30 60 79 37 93. Afoci 62 59 37 30 40 45 54 47 94. Data King III 63 52 31 50 36 52 58 35 96. Illinifan V 57 50 44 50 56 53 66 40 97. Blade III 66 72 48 50 63 48 62 35 98. Mr. Bug IV 61 64 45 10 34 69 66 34 101. Wolfpack 65 72 36 40 36 62 59 36 102. Japherwaki II 67 78 43 20 32 52 53 49 103. Condors II 64 67 37 60 51 68 66 50 105. Swaggs 66 74 44 60 51 73 69 44 106. Travis III 65 61 43 30 54 69 58 35 108. Zippy II 58 71 35 40 47 69 51 35 109. Glengoyne 64 67 44 30 34 67 53 42 110. Breeze 61 49 35 60 31 67 54 41 111. 3ric IV 52 61 31 30 45 50 56 25 112. Airhog II 56 67 30 60 56 44 54 29 113. Anxiety II 55 66 37 30 57 64 67 40 114. Blade6119 IV 55 47 41 10 37 72 60 27 115. Klayman III 62 73 41 30 34 69 57 31 116. Chuck U Farley 57 64 34 40 53 66 76 34 117. Psycho Cop II 50 61 28 10 60 67 50 37 118. Calis 55 56 26 50 39 55 73 29 119. Tucker II 58 60 26 60 50 55 64 29 120. Sachmo III 56 57 35 50 46 57 57 36 121. Katon II 50 49 28 40 55 67 54 37 122. Mike Vic 59 41 38 10 32 44 52 34 123. Vince 53 65 26 10 45 64 57 39 124. Sir Fozzie II 60 65 27 10 31 67 50 25 125. Chief Rum IV 55 46 25 30 50 52 63 38 126. The Herd 51 66 37 40 58 50 77 40 127. Hoops Guy 52 49 36 40 41 59 65 24 128. ShaefIllini 55 45 40 10 59 56 64 28 Key: TUs = Time Units; Sta = Stamina; Hlt = Health; Brv = Bravery; Rea = Reactions Fir = Firing; Thw = Throwing; Str = Strength; PsD = PSI Defense; PsS = PSI Skill
Support Personnel
Code:
Head of Research: Craptacular (Current researching focus: Cydonia or Bust, Fusion Missile) Head of Engineering: Sterling Ice II (Current manufacturing focus: Power Suits, Fusion Ball Bombs, Hover Tank, Firestorm Fighter) US Interceptor Pilot: CapnMorgan (10 Kills) EU Interceptor Pilot: Superman (10 Kills) AS Interceptor Pilot: Toddiec IV ( 9 Kills)

Attribute Leaders (After Mission 85)
Code:
Time Units: (80) Kodos Stamina: (92) Thomkal II Health: (61) Jfbbis Bravery: (60) (Ten tied) Reactions: (63) Blade III Firing: (91) Wade Moore Throwing: (79) Fonzie II, Achilles, Patman II Strength: (67) Wade Moore

Attribute Doggies (After Mission 85)
Code:
Time Units: (50) PsychoCop II, Katon II Stamina: (41) Mike Vic Health: (25) Chief Rum IV Bravery: (10) (Eleven tied) Reactions: (30) Jeeber D Firing: (44) Airhog II, Mike Vic Throwing: (50) Sir Fozzie II, Psycho Cop II Strength: (24) Hoops Guy

Top Ten Kills Leaders
Code:
1. Wade Moore 22 1. Kodos 22 3. Jfbbis 19 4. Klayman (KIA) 18 4. Revrew 18 6. Astott 17 7. Shorty (KIA) 16 8. Thomkal II 15 9. Achilles 14 10. Three tied with 13

Waiting List
Code:
ID Name Base Status Rank LBrvOK? OptUp? 129. Joker Ace - AWOL Rookie Yes No 130. Ardent Enthusiast - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 131. Peregrine - On Call Rookie Yes No 132. Raven Hawk II - On Call Rookie Yes No 133. Northwood DK - On Call Rookie Yes No 134. Shorty II - On Call Rookie Yes No 135. Lokugh III - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 136. BYU II - On Call Rookie Yes No 137. Kingfc - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 138. Barkeep - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 139. Fantastic Froggies - On Call Rookie Yes Yes

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 02-18-2004 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:26 PM   #440
JeeberD
General Manager

My reaction attribute didn't improve...

Old 02-17-2004, 08:57 PM   #441
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Couldn't my phone be ringing, instead?

By the way, I sent that nasty Sectoid Leader a mean PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:03 PM   #442
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Two things to remember for the next time I drive:

1. Get a driver's license.

2. Have proof of insurance.

I'd like to thank the Illinois state trooper he helped me figure that out.

Can't believe I got off with a warning.

My license expired in 99, but I've been told for as long as I can remember that as long as I have a military id, my license is valid. Problem is, my wallet was stolen last month, along with my expired license. So now I don't even have an expired license to show people.

My proof of insurance was in the trunk, along with my groceries, books, uniforms, and my suitcase of clothes. IE, my trunk was packed. I put my insurance card (and everything else) in the trunk while my window was busted out. I just hadn't put my insurance card back in the glove box.

But yes, it was a great trip. Four day weekends rule.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:11 PM   #443
Blade6119
Coordinator

oh god, lets all feel bad for ardent and his sob story...fuckin elitists
Demotivation
Old 02-17-2004, 09:14 PM   #444
tucker342
Pro Starter

AE, you've had bad luck lately haven't you?
Old 02-17-2004, 09:21 PM   #445
JeeberD
General Manager

Bad luck? He should have gotten at least two tickets. Sounds like great luck to me...

Old 02-17-2004, 09:23 PM   #446
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Actually, I considered not getting ticketed this time "lucky". I got a "warning" for broken head light. Nothing else.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:25 PM   #447
Blade6119
Coordinator

why does ardent talking about his broken head lights make me think of his wife?
Demotivation
Old 02-17-2004, 09:36 PM   #448
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

October 28-29

UFO sightings are reaching a frantic pace. On the 28th, Superman knocks down a UFO scout in Slovakian airspace. We scramble the ASIA COM Skyranger late that day in order to begin an assault early on the 29th. As it's on its way across Russia, we pick up two large UFOs on route to Europe. They weave back and forth over the landscape, as if they are looking for something. Shortly before dawn on the 29th, both UFOs touch down in central Germany, within five miles of each other. We're in luck! The ASIA COM Skyranger is only a few hours away, and we can get the EU COM Skyranger airborne within the hour. With luck, we might be able to catch both UFOs at dawn, right before they take off.

We reroute the ASIA COM Skyranger towards Germany, scramble the EU COM Skyranger and launch for Germany, and launch the USA COM Skyranger for the downed scout in Slovakia.

Big day coming up. Three missions. Two of them biggies.

EU COM goes in first, as they reach their target at dawn on the 29th.

On board:
Jfbbis, Kodos, Japherwaki II, Tasan, Coffee Warlord II, Blade III, Breeze, The Time, Naiwf, and Sachmo III.

Good luck men.

I should also note that we've got some new Skyranger pilots with us now. These will be their first missions!

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 02-17-2004 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:47 PM   #449
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Landed large UFO? Rock! Commander Kodos and his grizzled right hand, Sergeant CW on the job!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:19 PM   #450
Tasan
College Starter

No problems with the sectoid leader, I should have reacted better, what with my 50 bravery and all. Keep me in the game, waxing him and his kind as only I know how. (Wide left, letting someone else get a good shot and kill it)