Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-17-2004, 04:59 PM   #301
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am not sure what Quikshot but I am all for flaking the Russians and trying to penetrate from our side. We will need some air support most likey.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:13 PM   #302
samifan24
Pro Starter

Hey I am still here. Sorry I haven't been too active, guys.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:23 PM   #303
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I am not sure what Quikshot but I am all for flaking the Russians and trying to penetrate from our side. We will need some air support most likey.

Sorry some Real Life issues popped up...I'm with GoldenEagle on this...I think the pioneers can flank and cause some damage...RealDeal can be the point man, and help with scouting as well...

apologies again, I am interested in the dynasty.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:56 AM   #304
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Here's the current list of proposed actions for the pending turn:

Blade: I am thinking that I still need to move up so I can get in range to engage...
blade6119: Keep on the T-34
Calis: Depending on what other folks are doing, I might try to rush the infantry in the woods there. I have a feeling they actually don't have much of a presence in that general area, and if we can nab control of it quick, we'll be in good shape to move onto the victory points. As long as we're rotating so we have covering fire for my boys moving forward, I think we'd be in good shape.
Coffee Warlord: - Covering/Supporting Real Deal from range while he's making for that tank. He gets into trouble, we blow shit up.
DataKing: -
GoldenEagle: -
kingfc22: #7 will stay in hull down spot and continue to fire on the T-34; #8 needs to get into the woods for at least this next turn so that my boys can get their heads on straight after seeing their commander get blown to bits
MrBug708: -
Qwikshot: - I'll follow GoldenEagle in a flanking manuveur while following up behind our pointman, RealDeal.
RealDeal: I want to move toward the Russian tank until I get within firing distance. Then i want to unload my dudes and deploy satchel charges.
sachmo71: Remain in cover.
samifan24: -
SirFozzie: -
Tasan: I want one PzIV to cut left between the two little groves on the left side of the field looking into the flank of the infantry up that way, while the other IV swings a bit further and looks out across that lake back there.
The Afoci: I would like to move towards Calis and Blade.
Travis: Assuming that #2 has plenty of targets and isn't under heavy fire, let's acquire a new target and let 'er fly. As for #1, are there targets in range/view? If so, we'll start pumping away, but if we need to move up to get to a better firing position and to pick up a target, that'll be the plan.

Let me know of any updates or changes ASAP.

Last edited by WSUCougar : 02-19-2004 at 02:24 PM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #305
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'll follow GoldenEagle in a flanking manuveur while following up behind our pointman, RealDeal.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:46 AM   #306
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Covering/Supporting Real Deal from range while he's making for that tank. He gets into trouble, we blow shit up.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 01:16 PM   #307
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

caveat...if I get some support, I will be more than glad to leave cover.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 03:52 PM   #308
kingfc22
Head Coach

WSU - you got my orders right
Old 02-20-2004, 11:17 PM   #309
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Turn 7 Preliminary Results

At von Kleist's HQ:

"Sir, we have some updated news from the probe...we've lost one halftrack on the northern flank, as well as a panzerjager along the road...we've also lost a Stug in the upper south. Apparently there are anti-tank guns emplaced along with the Russian armor we've already encountered. Our infantry is advancing, however, and we are pressing our armor forward across the entire front. We should have reconaissance images available soon, sir."
Old 02-21-2004, 12:02 AM   #310
kingfc22
Head Coach

I guess #7 lost its battle
Old 02-21-2004, 12:18 AM   #311
Travis
Pro Rookie

Crappypants
Old 02-21-2004, 12:59 PM   #312
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Turn 7 Results

Overview:
We took it on the chin this time, losing three vehicles and several men. With the exception of chasing the enemy infantry off from the far southern flank, we inflicted no noticeable damage to the enemy.

Tactical assessment:
The north poses an interesting situation. RealDeal’s two halftracks (with squads & flamethrower) have penetrated that flank quite nicely, and the wooded terrain may permit a foot assault from there. Golden Eagle lost a halftrack but he and Qwikshot are in a good position to follow up RealDeal. Coffee Warlord’s two tanks are advancing directly in front of that enemy-occupied low ridge, but I can’t tell if the Russians will be visible from that route (if so, they will be hull down, however). Travis’ remaining panzerjager may be able to engage the Russian armor from a distance to cover the other units’ advance.

Sachmo’s armored cars are now on their own in the section north of the road. I think that the Russian AT gun behind the low ridge is nasty, but am still not certain if that’s what killed Travis’ panzerjager.

The upper south is a definite hot spot. We’ve lost one of kingfc22’s Stugs, and the other one is out of armor-piercing ammo (it can still go after lightly armored stuff and AT guns). The two Pz-IIIhs (blade6119) are hitting that T-34, but haven’t knocked it out. That AT gun is a bitch. The enemy BT-7 light tank is less of a concern, but still active.

Calis has a good position in the woods, and his 50mm mortar is in position to start hitting either the infantry or (perhaps) the AT gun.

The Afoci has his halftracks ready to get into the game. MrBug’s mortars and the 105mm artillery spotter are still undeployed. SirFozzie’s Pz-IVds are in a good position to go anywhere in that middle section. Blade and samifan24’s infantry have good wooded cover to advance in. Tasan’s Pz-IVds are in the wheatfield and rolling up the southern flank. DataKing has MG halftracks and the HMGs at his disposal.

Pics:

Just prior to the sad end of a Stug…

…and a panzerjager burns…

The pioneer vanguard:

The rest of the pioneers advance:

The north from up high:

Coffee’s Pz-IIIhs:

Hot spot!

Lots of options here:

Turning the southern flank:

Tasan’s tanks eating their Wheaties:
Old 02-21-2004, 02:26 PM   #313
kingfc22
Head Coach

I would say that Calis' mortar team should target the AT guns because they seem to be anniliating us.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:26 PM   #314
wig
Banned

What do you guys have for infantry? Someone needs to control those woods between Blade and Samifan.

You could control that whole open area between the objectives and the woods with a few well-placed machine guns.
wig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 06:35 PM   #315
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

GoldenEagle and I will follow RealDeal's lead. If that is okay with GE?
Old 02-23-2004, 01:08 PM   #316
Blade
College Prospect

I would like to advance to the woods ahead...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 01:29 PM   #317
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I would like to advance to the north edge of the tree directly infront of me if possible.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:54 PM   #318
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As long as everyone else in my neighborhood is well off, I'll try and take position at that ridge, and see what we can do. If I don't have firing position on the tanks from there, then we'll see. I can likely provide at least some suppression fire for the advance of the rest of our northern boys.

Herr Nielsen out.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:59 PM   #319
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Calis: Keep that infantry to your front pinned down, but get those mortars working on that AT gun. Stugs have got pretty thick skin, which leads me to believe that AT gun is a 76mm. If that's the case, it can take out anything we've got on the field.

Blade: Advise moving forward and securing those trees. We should be able to provide covering fire for the entire southern sector from there.

samifan24: Looking smooth as silk down south. Keep those Russkies in flight, and proceed.

If both of our HMG teams aren't already mounted up on halftracks, I want them that way ASAP. Instruct to rendezvous at the cabin near Blade's present position, then move into the trees to set up kill-zone covering fire to our front.

And where the hell is that artillery? We're naked out here without it, dammit!

Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 02:38 PM   #320
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

A veritable barrage of input! Thanks, guys, I was getting worried.

The Afoci, you've got four halftracks (HQ, 2,3,4 on the map). Do you have any more specific orders?

DataKing, one HMG is in a truck and the other one is still on the ground. Also, until (if/when) MrBug708 shows up in the dynasty, I am putting the three 81mm mortars (in The Afoci's halftracks) under your company command. I will retain the 105mm artillery spotter as "battalion artillery" but sing out if/when you have a fire mission in mind.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:44 PM   #321
Calis
College Starter

Alright, it's a definite that I'll have the mortar go after the AT gun, as it's slaughtering us right now, and I should be able to handle the infantry myself.

I think it's best that we keep moving forward as quickly as possible though, so I think I'd like to have the rightmost of my squads move ahead to try and flank the infantry in the woods ahead while my other boys lay down some cover fire, and any help from the nearby tanks would be great as well. Could probably move more guys forward if I had the fire to support.

The main key is to try and suppress that AT gun, and to keep coming at the Russkies.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 03:32 PM   #322
DataKing
Pro Rookie

In that case...

The_Afoci, find a safe spot and let the 81mm mortar teams out pronto. I'd recommend the vicinity of the cabin near Blade's current position. (WSUCougar, the mortars should be safe from enemy fire there, correct?)

I want to hear the heart-warming "wump...wump...wump" of friendly mortars, and soon! When they're set up, coordinate with Calis for coordinates.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 02-23-2004, 03:43 PM   #323
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

To clarify just a tad...The Afoci is graciously providing transport for the mortar teams, but he has his own fish to fry with his 37mm halftrack guns.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:45 PM   #324
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Fine with me qwik shot
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 03:58 PM   #325
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

GoldenEagle, you did lose one halftrack. Do you want to hoof the remaining infantry from that one in the path of the halftracks, or cut more of a direct approach to the enemy-held ridge?
Old 02-23-2004, 03:58 PM   #326
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing
Blade: Advise moving forward and securing those trees. We should be able to provide covering fire for the entire southern sector from there.

"You heard the man...move out!"

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 04:40 PM   #327
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
To clarify just a tad...The Afoci is graciously providing transport for the mortar teams, but he has his own fish to fry with his 37mm halftrack guns.

Well in that case, I figure he'd be eager to quit playing taxi-service and get into the thick of things.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 02-23-2004, 04:53 PM   #328
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Hey, DataKing, you've also got the four haltracks (armed with MGs) on the right (southern) flank under your command if you want them. I will operate them independently if you do not direct them specifically. Please advise...
Old 02-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #329
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Hey, DataKing, you've also got the four haltracks (armed with MGs) on the right (southern) flank under your command if you want them. I will operate them independently if you do not direct them specifically. Please advise...

Geez...we need more lieutenants.

OK, let's have those halftracks support samifan's right hook to the south. We haven't seen any armor down there yet. That'll release Tasan's Panzer IVs to do as they please.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 02-23-2004, 08:24 PM   #330
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I want to do a foot assault.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #331
kingfc22
Head Coach

I would like to get my remaining stug to where Calis is currently positioned.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:47 PM   #332
Tasan
College Starter

Keep swinging, and keep looking for targets. If I can continue to hammer that retreating Infantry, do so.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:56 AM   #333
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Current orders:

Blade: I would like to advance to the woods ahead...
blade6119: I want to knock out that T-34...but if im outmatched i think i should move for cover...If thats knoced out, the AT gun has gotta go too...if parts of that are not practicable, id like to move to support Calis against the enemy infantry
Calis: Alright, it's a definite that I'll have the mortar go after the AT gun, as it's slaughtering us right now, and I should be able to handle the infantry myself. I think it's best that we keep moving forward as quickly as possible though, so I think I'd like to have the rightmost of my squads move ahead to try and flank the infantry in the woods ahead while my other boys lay down some cover fire, and any help from the nearby tanks would be great as well. Could probably move more guys forward if I had the fire to support. The main key is to try and suppress that AT gun, and to keep coming at the Russkies.
Coffee Warlord: - As long as everyone else in my neighborhood is well off, I'll try and take position at that ridge, and see what we can do. If I don't have firing position on the tanks from there, then we'll see. I can likely provide at least some suppression fire for the advance of the rest of our northern boys.
DataKing: Calis, keep that infantry to your front pinned down, but get those mortars working on that AT gun. Blade, Advise moving forward and securing those trees. We should be able to provide covering fire for the entire southern sector from there. samifan24, looking smooth as silk down south. Keep those Russkies in flight, and proceed. If both of our HMG teams aren't already mounted up on halftracks, I want them that way ASAP. Instruct to rendezvous at the cabin near Blade's present position, then move into the trees to set up kill-zone covering fire to our front. The Afoci, find a safe spot and let the 81mm mortar teams out pronto. I'd recommend the vicinity of the cabin near Blade's current position. Let's have those halftracks support samifan's right hook to the south.
GoldenEagle: Concurs with Qwikshot
kingfc22: I would like to get my remaining stug to where Calis is currently positioned. Engage the AT gun if practical.
Qwikshot: - GoldenEagle and I will follow RealDeal's lead.
RealDeal: I want to do a foot assault.
sachmo71: Hold cover.
samifan24: - I would like my boys to hold the right flank and advance in front of Blade's unit. We're tops in that area so I say let's keep pushing hard at them. We sent a bunch of them packing from the area so let's just continue our hard push in the area.
SirFozzie: - ?
Tasan: Keep swinging, and keep looking for targets. If I can continue to hammer that retreating Infantry, do so.
The Afoci: I want HQ and #4 on the north side of the trees Calis is by and #2 and #3 on the south side of those trees. I would like to keep them spaced enough so that they could provide cover fire but not all blow up at once.
Travis: I'd like to start an advance, trying to cover CW a bit as we get closer, looking for a good hull down spot to start throwing up some fire from.

Last edited by WSUCougar : 02-24-2004 at 04:42 PM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:12 AM   #334
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I want HQ and #4 on the north side of the trees Calis is by and #2 and #3 on the south side of those trees. I would like to keep them spaced enough so that they could provide cover fire but not all blow up at once.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:49 PM   #335
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'd like to start an advance, trying to cover CW a bit as we get closer, looking for a good hull down spot to start throwing up some fire from.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:31 PM   #336
Blade6119
Coordinator

I want to knock out that T-34...but if im outmatched i think i should move for cover...If thats knoced out, the AT gun has gotta go too...if parts of that are not practicable, id like to move to support Calis against the enemy infantry
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 02:00 PM   #337
kingfc22
Head Coach

yes, engage the AT gun if possible. Need to get rid of that damn thing.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:01 PM   #338
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

would it be possible to try to flank out wider, and then roll toward the objectives?
Old 02-24-2004, 02:30 PM   #339
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
would it be possible to try to flank out wider, and then roll toward the objectives?
Do you mean flank south and then east/northeast, like Tasan's tanks?

I think you're in a good middle spot to pop through those woods in concert with Calis' infantry and Afoci's halftracks, with Tasan, Blade, and samifan24 pressing up from the southern flank.

Just go cautiously. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another AT gun lurking somewhere out there in the upper/lower south.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:28 PM   #340
samifan24
Pro Starter

Well, Chief, I would like my boys to hold the right flank and advance in front of Blade's unit. We're tops in that area so I say let's keep pushing hard at them. We sent a bunch of them packing from the area so let's just continue our hard push in the area. What do you think?
Old 02-25-2004, 08:03 AM   #341
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Turn 8 Preliminary Results

Radio message received at von Kleist's 11th Panzer Division HQ:

"We are now heavily engaged all across the map. Multiple enemy T-34 and light tanks have been spotted, as well as more infantry in areas south of the road. We are advancing on both flanks, and have most elements in good position, but we have lost a Pz-IIIh in the upper south. Enemy AT guns are proving tenacious and effective..."

~~~~~
HOT! HOT! HOT!

Man, it is wild action all over the place. More descriptions to follow, hopefully tonight. There was a lot of action so the images will be more time-consuming.

Yowsa.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:34 AM   #342
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Go Ruskies!
Old 02-25-2004, 09:19 AM   #343
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Go Ruskies!
What the hell???
Old 02-25-2004, 09:45 AM   #344
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nein! Und traitor! Zis iz punishable by death!

Burn him! Schnell!
Old 02-25-2004, 10:02 AM   #345
Blade6119
Coordinator

One of my tanks went too?....that AT gun is a monster....damn

Maybe its like X-com and the radio report is wrong>???
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:25 AM   #346
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
One of my tanks went too?....that AT gun is a monster....damn
Yeah, I think it was the culprit, although all hell is breaking loose along that eastern edge of the road.

If it makes you feel any better your boys laid two more hits on that T-34 before they got nailed.

The flankers are pushing up strong from the south, so maybe that will ease the situation.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:29 AM   #347
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Turn 8 Results

Yow, what a wild flurry of action! We are really in the thick of a raging battle, with Russians popping up all over the place.

North:
I continue to be impressed with Travis' panzerjager. It gets into position, hunkers down, and then just consistently drops accurate shots on the enemy armor. Due to the number of tanks we have spotted, I am uncertain if/what we killed, but we are raining fire on their positions.

Coffee's Pz-IIIhs pressed forward and fired a few shots as well:

The pioneers advanced in good order. RealDeal's halftracks popped off a few MG rounds at the Soviet tank(s), but the enemy eyes were looking west rather than north.

The T-34 pumped another round into GoldenEagle's dead halftrack for good measure, which took out a couple more of his squad. Qwikshot's halftracks dashed across the open gap under fire, but have made it safely so far:

The south is ablaze! In addition to the AT gun, T-34, and BT-7, more light enemy armor keeps popping up on the road and immediately south of it. Kingfc22's Stug laid some smoke rounds in front of the AT gun, and blade6119's tanks kept that T-34 under fire (and hit it again), but one Pz-IIIh finally got knocked out.

Calis' platoon began to engage the enemy infantry nearby. His 50mm mortar (which couldn't reach the AT gun) and 1st Squad provided cover fire for 3rd Squad's advance:

Another enemy infantry position was spotted, and Russian mortar fire is coming in on Calis' position:

We've finally got 81mm teams on the ground, and The Afoci's halftracks in position to assist the advance. The platoons of Blade & samifan24 pressed into the woods on foot, while other elements pulled up in halftracks. One of SirFozzie's Pz-IVds rotated its turret to shell enemy infantry in the lower south:

Tasan's Pz-IVds began to turn the right flank, spotted a light tank (T-37), and quickly dispatched it:

Finally, our southern-most halftrack took some fire from infantry hidden in rocky terrain. No damage, but a nuisance.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:37 AM   #348
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Turn 9 Orders

Tactical assessment:
We're on the verge of some close action in the north. RealDeal's squads can threaten the Russian's ridge flank, and Coffee's tanks are right in their face. The other pioneers are advancing quickly, and Travis has the range from the perimeter. Press them!

Sachmo, your AC by the road might have an opportunity to flank that AT gun and the light tanks:

The south is a blend of danger and opportunity. The Pz-IVds, halftracks, and DataKing's infantry company are in good positions and driving inward, while we are outmatched a bit in the upper south:
Old 02-26-2004, 08:15 AM   #349
Travis
Pro Rookie

Keep dropping bombs as long as the enemy is within range, if for some reason I have no targets then move, but I'd hate to give up a good firing position.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:30 AM   #350
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Cougar,

Is there not a Russian tank waiting for me to stick my nose out? I thought there was, but that hill look cool, so let's go full throttle up the rise and try to get some air on the other side, with guns blazing of course and Wagner blaring on the stereo.

And I'll peek my nose out with my other AC, too. Just for you.