Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-29-2003, 01:00 AM   #101
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Lies... Midfield is not everything in this game. Offense is. Take a gander at my match. I had Solid Midfield to Hulis Inadequate. My defense dwarfed his offense. What happens? I tie. Ok, so my offense stunk up the joint, but with my 'D', I should only need to score twice...that's just my defense, let alone that I had 59% & 60% possession. I'm bitter about this one. I think I got rogered again, but good.

Yet another reason to consider abandoning my aspiration to train an U-20 keeper and just go with winger. Need a mutha effing attack!
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 01:43 AM   #102
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Aviators
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: solid
Right Side Defence: world class
Central Defence: world class
Left Side Defence: supernatural
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: weak
Left Side Attack: inadequate

The Mad Huligans
Midfield: inadequate
Right Side Defence: excellent
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: brilliant
Right Side Attack: formidable
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: solid

I had posession, at 59% and 60%. Ok, so my attack stunk. My defense was proportionally better than his attack, as compared to his defense v. my attack. That, and I had a solid posession advantage. Bah, just another example of defense getting the shaft. I need some damn attack.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:08 AM   #103
lytic
College Benchwarmer

yeah, but your gamr should have been a 0-0 tie.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 01:24 PM   #104
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by damnMikeBrown

I had posession, at 59% and 60%. Ok, so my attack stunk. My defense was proportionally better than his attack, as compared to his defense v. my attack. That, and I had a solid posession advantage. Bah, just another example of defense getting the shaft. I need some damn attack.

Sorry, don't mean to pile on while you are down, but I am not sure I understand your argument here.

Him vs you
R At: Form (9) L Def: SN (14) - 9/14
C A: Form (9) C Def: WC (13) - 9/13
L A: Sol (7) R Def: WC (13) - 7/13

You vs him
R A: Pass (6) L D: brilliant (11) 6/11
C A: weak (4) C D: form (9) 4/11
L A: inad (5) R D: Exc 5/8

Overall average:
His O vs Your D 62.5%
Your O vs His D 54%

(Now the correct way to look at these ratios is probably more like 9/(9+14) for the first one, but it still doesn't chance the outcome)

It looks to me like his offense was proportionately better than yours against the respective defences. Now with you having the edge in possession, maybe the most likely outcome would have been a tie. Am I looking at this in the wrong way.

And to lytic, midfield is not everything, as my matches this season will attest to. I've gotten hammered by teams with a great defense or a great offense despite having a 1-3 level advantage in midfield.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 02:08 PM   #105
Raven Hawk
College Starter

You got hosed. No ifs, ands or buts.

It happens, though. I am very surprised that six goals were scored in this game.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:36 PM   #106
Masked
College Starter

Wow, I never even looked at the score. Six goals is a lot! Special events?
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:46 PM   #107
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

2 of my goals were event goals, all 3 of his were normal.

World Class/Supernatural defense my ass. Formidable attack>World Class defense.

Oh, we're 3rd again in all of IV according to Hatstats. Has there been a week when we were lower than 5th? We've got to be, consistantly, top to bottom, the toughest series in IV.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:29 AM   #108
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Masked
And to lytic, midfield is not everything, as my matches this season will attest to. I've gotten hammered by teams with a great defense or a great offense despite having a 1-3 level advantage in midfield.

midfield is the only reason I lose games because I take the ratings in everything else.

Look at my 5-0 loss to zyzzers. Actually look at all my games posted here...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-30-2003, 10:08 PM   #109
lytic
College Benchwarmer

This weeks hatstats

Total Total Seating Total Average Total Ave
Rank Series Goals Crowd Capacity Stars Stars Ratings Rating
1 IV.61 139 291,336 311,710 295.5 36.9 599 74.9
2 IV.25 156 321,190 289,950 295.5 36.9 594 74.3
3 IV.19 168 301,224 302,435 289.0 36.1 582 72.8
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-30-2003, 10:20 PM   #110
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

The question this week...how bad does Hobbes want to beat me? Will he MOTS against the lowly last place Aves for the sure win, or will he roll the dice, and go normal, or even PIC.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:59 AM   #111
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I think he's going for the tie

He's secured a non-demotion... so I'd say he PICs.

All I know is, I am MOTSing you (sorry mike, I really like you, but I have to). If I tie Evil, and beat you, and tie hulis, I'm sitting pretty for the fockers game. I can PIC fockers game and be set for the qual game.

I I don't beat you, I'll have to beat hulis (which is a bit tougher) and beat fockers. My TS will suck going into the qual game!

I also know, despite you liking me, you have to come after me for that outside chance you could take 6th. I you beat fockers, all you need is 3 wins to take 6th. I think Kix very well may end up 8th place like I predicted!!!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-01-2003, 01:27 AM   #112
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I -would- have MOTS you before...now, I don't know. I was counting on a win against Hulis to be honest. That's part of the reason I was bent out of shape that we somehow tied. I held out some hope that I would at least get a qualification match before that game, but I'd have to win out at this point. You think you haven't gotten the breaks this year... from where I'm sitting, I'm right there at the top of the "tough luck on that one" meter. Only real break I got this year was v. Zyzzerz.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:41 AM   #113
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I got the most stars and the highest rating last week and I pull a 3-1 win. I come close in ratings to anyone and I lose 5-0.

Honestly, your game with huli... there shouldn't have been any goals... both your defenses shut each other out in stats. It *should* have been a 0-0 tie.
Look at this:

Central Attack: weak
Left Side Attack: inadequate
scored 3 goals on:
Right Side Defence: excellent
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: brilliant

no fucking way! Same with his 3 goals... but masked put it the best way... "his offense was proportionately better than yours against the respective defenses"

I'm not saying you haven't got your case of bad luck this season either, but my ratings and stars should put me in the top 4 at the very least. It's not like I was concentrating on the cup or anything.
Anyway, I will do everything possible to beat you. I need 3 points from our game... I seem to be the only one paying attention to you

I bet when it comes down to the last week, Kix will be paying attention!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-01-2003, 01:44 AM   #114
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, on that I think we're agreed. If he doesn't pull one out here either this week or next, he'll be taking a close look at my kids.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:39 PM   #115
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

*is paying attention to the Aves* =)

oh and mikebrown.. the same thing was going through my head.. what should I do against you.. PIC, Normal, MOTS. Truthfully, I haven't decided yet.

It would have been nice to see the Aves beat Hulis and make a run for 6th place (not that winning here out is impossible).

And if the Gargs beat Kix this week, no matter if SPC's win or not, you've gotta expect the cows to be ahead by 1 point (spc 11 kix 10) going into my game at the end of the season. If the cows can win this week and next however, they've most likely somehow shown the biggest comeback seen by my eyes at least.

By the looks of it, if Kix or SPC's lose this week I should only need 1 point to be okay. I'm not saying I'm not worried about that one point cuz honestly I know I hafta bring my A game to get it. 3 points will secure top 6, unless Kix and SPC both make a run winning 3 of 4 games. Ahhh so complicated..
Old 10-01-2003, 01:33 PM   #116
lytic
College Benchwarmer

This game just doesn't make sense... So anyway, I won't beat evillive... I'm going for the tie... this week, you get to see the real Cow Curtain!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-02-2003, 03:26 AM   #117
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I in no way see Kix taking 3 of his next 4. Gargs will beat him this week, I'm certain of it. I get the feeling he's on board with the "MOTS Kix" gameplan. Right there, he's lost one match. He may even MOTS this one, just to make sure he gets over Gargs. I'm the last match on the schedule v. Kix, and I'd think at that point, he's considering me an automatic point or three. I'd definately expect him to expend his TS capital in the next 3 games.

My kids, no, it's flattering, but there's no way I can win out. Individually, I have a decent chance to beat you (Fockers), and SPC. That's just a decent chance mind you. Gargs is after the both of you, and frankly, I don't think I could beat his team unless I got a hand (ex. v. Zyzzerz). Lastly is against Kix, who I'll MOTS. I honestly have no idea how that will work. On a normal day, I don't think I compare well to him, but a MOTS at home...who knows.

In my book, that's 2 decent chances, one absolute mystery, and one game in which I'm completely over matched.

Lytic, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the curtain My first season I was in IV.25. That won't mean anything, but one of the big teams in there was Youth of the Nation. He was a monster, an absolute monster. I went 0 for 2 against him, but only allowed 2 goals each time. I completely turtled up, running a 5-3-2 once (2nd game ever), and a 4-5-1 the next time at his place. EVERYBODY was playing defensive, even the wings! I know, means nothing to you, but in retrospect, it's a bit of a proud moment for me.

It'd be kind of fun if defense was such that, if you made it good enough, you could just perpetually frustrate every team you played. Allow only a goal per game, and then, only against the formidable attacks. Alas, it is not to be. . .
Old 10-02-2003, 08:40 AM   #118
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I expect my highest defensive rating ever... just enough to lose by a goal, of course! I will also attempt an attack, just not as balanced and not as strong as I've been putting up recently.

Therefore, my ratings will drop since my wing attack with be like wretched.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-03-2003, 09:56 PM   #119
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Odd thing has happened. Hulis has challenged me to a friendly. Why would he do that? I'm thinking maybe he wants to try his midfield out on a team that can/would use CA in a match, just to see how bad off it'd be. Not that my 'B' team can run CA worth a bucket of fecies. . .
Old 10-04-2003, 01:24 AM   #120
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Well I'm selling my #5 defender, so I may not get my *highest* ratings, but close enough.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-04-2003, 09:09 AM   #121
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Well . . . we'll see what happens this weekend. I am definitly going after Kix this week with a high TS MOTS. I figure that if I take that game, I am relatively secure. If not, I'll have to find a win somewhere in the Evil, Aves, Hulis games. You can guess who would be my first target . . . .

However, the only thing I know for certain right now is that I am going for Kix. My strategy for future games relies heavily on what happens this week.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:26 AM   #122
lytic
College Benchwarmer

You'll beat kix... evil is weaker than most people think.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-04-2003, 01:23 PM   #123
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Agreed that Evil is a little softer than he shows. However, I have them the week after Kix, so I may be doing some TS recovery in case I have to play hard matches against Aves or Hulis.
Old 10-04-2003, 04:52 PM   #124
lytic
College Benchwarmer

well your 3-4-3 matches well with the Aves, but the Hulis post some good midfield and defense.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-06-2003, 12:58 AM   #125
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Question huh?

SouthPark Cows - EVillIVE 1 - 0

Date: 10/6/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326899
Arena: Starks Pond
Crowd: 38180

38180 spectators had come to Starks Pond this cloudy day. SouthPark started off with a 5-4-1 lineup. They fielded: Black - Davis, An, Wilhelm, Tewari, Cook - Dragóner, Millard, Danhof, Guy - Dey.

EVillIVE started off with a 4-5-1 lineup. They fielded: Robertsson - Spørring, Coon, Rennemo , Kole - Richardsson, van der Molen, Emilsson, Chestnut, Oskarsson - Roeterdink.

EVillIVE had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 10:th minute when Raymond Roeterdink came up alone against Palmer Black who managed a block. In the games 10:th minute EVillIVE´s Chris van der Molen fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Chris van der Molen for taking a dive. SouthPark seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. EVillIVEs Per Emilsson got himself booked after a foul. EVillIVE seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 35:th minute goal by Kenneth Millard for SouthPark, putting them ahead 1 - 0. Halftime score was 1 - 0. EVillIVE held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

The SouthPark players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization. During the break EVillIVE´s coach went through the teams new tactics yet again. EVillIVE appeared unsure on how to play. Joseph Chestnut made a good effort at breaking through from the right, but the home team left defence cleared the ball to a corner. SouthPark seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. EVillIVE held the ball, with a clear 74 percent possession rate.

SouthPark´s best player was Robert Dey. Yuri Danhof on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important EVillIVE player was Bo Robertsson. Claus Spørring was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 0.

SOLD SEATS

Terraces: 24374
Basic seats: 9248
Seats under roof: 3566
VIP seats: 992

Team Attitude: Play it Cool

RATING

SouthPark Cows
Midfield: poor
Central Defence: supernatural
Left Side Defence: outstanding
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: formidable

EVillIVE
Midfield: passable
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: brilliant
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: passable

Stats:
Best game ever - Defence

1. SouthPark Cows - EVillIVE 10/6/2003 100%
2. Alaska Huns - SouthPark Cows 7/24/2003 94%
3. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 6/23/2003 88%

Comments:
Hmmm... I psyched him out with my brilliant attacks. I know he's used 4-5-1 in the past and that is what I was hoping to see. I was going for the 0-0 tie. I used a little strategy by moving my midfielder towards the wing along with my offensive winger. I didn't think that my midfield would be poor though... I was thinking maybe high weak, maybe inad. Oh well, I was going for 1 point, but I got 3. That puts me in 6th place and that is all I need. I don't see Kix winning anymore games, so I'll just PIC and attempt to tie my games, so I can have a nice fat POE for the qual game.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-06-2003, 01:09 AM   #126
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Interesting week, I must say...

Gargs MOTS'd vs a shattered kix team that hasn't seem to do anything tactical since like week 6.. and of course it was a blowout. I wonder if he coulda normaled and still won.. just like in my match.. grr ... so this win pretty much secured a top 6 spot for Gargs who had a shaky first half..

SPC pulled a win outta his ass this week. Every time I think evil is gonna do really well, he keeps losing matches.. I prolly coulda beaten him. So this helps the SPC in their quest for top 6 as well. A MOTS win next week vs the Aves and he's sittin pretty smooth..

Aves.. well he MOTS'd me this week like I thought he would. So much talk about already pic'ing Gargs and knowing that lytic would mots vs him made him decide to mots me. Had a great rating however.. best ever game for this team. The tie with Fockers seemed about right because ratings were pretty much the same.. though stars, possession, and homefield were not but whatever.. everyone gets lucky right?

Fockers (me).. well I decided to normal it today with a middle of the road TS b/c I knew that if I scored at least 1 point, I should be okay. If I mots'd and somehow lost, there would be no way to get another point in the division so normal was the right route. I suprized myself with an 80 rating, which is fine by me.

It looks like if Kix can't get a tie outta evil then he's gonne demote. It'd be pretty funny to see that he was holding out on all this cash or something and blow us outta the water the last three games.. but I don't see this happening. This team has been flat since they tied me early in the season.

It should be fun to see what kinda rating i get in my qualification match...lets shoot for 85-90
Old 10-06-2003, 08:31 AM   #127
lytic
College Benchwarmer

The kix were sitting happy in 4th mainly due to luck and being looked over. I predicted him 8th in the preseason, and despite him being a nice guy, that's where he should be with his ratings. Ave's, who I picked 4th or 5th, fell well below my expectations. I think I predicted myself a 6th place finish. I'm sitting on some cash, so I'm torn between going for a U20 defender or getting a Supernatural Keeper. That keeper would solidify my defense and I'd actually end up stopping more goals. Do you realize that I have the 2nd most goals against, next to Aves? Actually I think Kix passed me up this past week... but how can 2 defensive teams have the most goals against? Imagine ET defenses with brilliant attacks using a counter attack??!?!
As for evillive, I never was really impressed with his team. He doesn't have a great training program. It's not a *bad* training program, but most of his success is because of good youth pulls. If I were him, I'd be pretty pissed off with that keeper purchase. It hasn't done anything for him. Despite the 5*'s, his keeper hasn't bolsted his defense like he was probably hoping. Sure he has a bril central defense... but it doesn't seem to help him.
As for next week, did see Aves defensive ratings? How the hell are you supposed to score on that crap? I will have to MOTS to crack that. If I can steal a point or 3 from mike, then I'll be sitting pretty, but it won't be easy. I've considered a 3-4-3 with a MOTS to cover for the mid just to break that defense! If I tie, then I'll have to take 1 from hulis or fockers. If I take 3, then I doubt kix will be able to pass me.
If I get demoted, I won't need that keeper... if I stay, I think that keeper will look good in my squad.

Don't forget, my win wasn't really outta my ass... our ratings were similar mainly because of his midfield, but I really had better ratings and I attacked an oustanding defense with a formidable attack. His attack wasn't even close to my ratings (since when do defensive ratings mean anything?)... remember my comments a few days ago? evillive isn't as strong as most people think.
One last random comment, Kix's confidence and approval ratings with the crowd is probably at an all time low. I don't think he'll come out of this funk and aves could take advantage and take 7th and my prediction of Kix ending up in 8th could come true despite most disagreeing with me.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-06-2003, 12:54 PM   #128
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Well, I'll probably give something for Aves to hit out of the park. With a win this week against Kix, I may have too many points to stay in a qualifier.

I was just looking at the fixtures and realized that we may have a 3-way point tie for 4th place. I'll probably PIC out the season, unless Kix manages a win prior to the final week. Gotta get that TS up for a possible qualifier.

However, if Cows beat Aves . . . going into the last week, it could be Cows (14 pts) vs. Fockers (14 pts). With another PIC loss, I would be at 15. If Fockers and Cows tie . . . all three of us have 15 points . . .

This is assuming that Kix does not win another game.

That last Fockers - Cows game is going to crack me up. Are you even going to put your goalies in the game?
Old 10-06-2003, 03:02 PM   #129
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I'll go for a tie. It's the fockers tradition...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-06-2003, 03:32 PM   #130
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

5 this season and counting baby.. I bet if i normaled kix and won I woulda tied evil the following week.. grrrr.. damn me! lol and if it's spc vs me .. winner gets 4th.. at the end of the season.. he's playing against my coach.. roar! but beware.. he can still get around.. o how tight would that be if he scored a goal.. haha
Old 10-06-2003, 11:05 PM   #131
lytic
College Benchwarmer

hey, I need the qual game, I have U20 defenders to train!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-06-2003, 11:09 PM   #132
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Total Total Seating Total Average Total Ave
Rank Series Goals Crowd Capacity Stars Stars Ratings Rating
1 IV.61 160 232,362 311,710 299.0 37.4 603 75.4
2 IV.25 172 123,996 289,950 301.0 37.6 600 75.0
3 IV.1 174 307,622 432,900 289.0 36.1 599 74.9
4 IV.19 182 267,422 302,435 291.5 36.4 590 73.8
5 IV.57 174 277,528 312,276 286.0 35.8 572 71.5

So we dropped to 4th main due to me and evil pulling much lower than norm.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-06-2003, 11:10 PM   #133
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Team Played Goals Points
1. zyzzerz 11 43 - 9 31

2. The Mad Huligans 11 31 - 22 19
3. EVillIVE 11 20 - 12 19
4. Gargoyles 11 24 - 25 15

5. Fockers 11 20 - 21 14
6. SouthPark Cows 11 16 - 29 11

7. Kix 11 17 - 31 10
8. Aviators 11 11 - 33 3

Above the line!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-07-2003, 03:19 AM   #134
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Been away for a while. Hey Hobbes, what makes you think I MOTS that match? My midfield was only passable. I dare say I'd score a good bit higher if I MOTS..though maybe not

I altered my lineup a bit, played a 3-5-2 with a defensive mid instead of a 4-5-1 with an offensive CD. Damn if my defensive ratings didn't go through the roof. It wasn't even close. I don't think I'll every play an offensive CD again. I thought I was being smart, seeing as how the guy is a natural..all PM & Def, but nope. Anyway, not like you can win with defense, so it's not that big of a deal.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:56 AM   #135
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Lytic, as much as I hate keeper training because I have no offense, how can you stomach defender training in any way? My 3 defenders (2 of which are youth pulls from the last 3 weeks) put up a good bit better ratings than your Bovine Wall, numbered at 5 cows. That would royally piss me off. Not that defense does a damn thing for you, but still. . .

Nice job on the win though. I agree, I do not think Evil has a good team. Each loss to him I felt jobered on. That was one crazy ass formation you threw out there. Took a lot of courage to try it.

Raven, well, you threw up insane ratings. Well done in your demolition of Kix. I'm thinking that he PIC and is saving up to unload on me and one other of his remaining games.

Hobbes, you really need to train stamina this off season. Get those IM's up to snuff. Was your goal from corner an event goal? I didn't know about the message, if it was, or not.

It would appear as if the "Kix Plan" is taking strong effect. With 3 to go, it's still wide open.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:32 AM   #136
lytic
College Benchwarmer

You have a defensive coach, no? I have an offensive one. For me to put up those ratings with an offensive coach, I'm pretty happy.
Just imagine those 5 with a supernatural keeper.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-07-2003, 10:53 AM   #137
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Also, I sold off my #5 defender and I was starting a 22 year old solid defender (Pakistan nats team hopeful - once they get a real coach). Preston Davis is an oustanding defender, but he's never above inad form (damn it!).

I'm not trying to make excuses, you posted some amazing ratings that made me shit my pants (almost).
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-10-2003, 12:09 PM   #138
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

If SPC beat Aves this week and Evil beats kix next week, week 14 won't matter at all except for that extra training week. I'm hoping that's how it ends up.

Kix hasn't done anything to his team in weeks, lets hope Evil doesn't underestimate him at all.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:15 PM   #139
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Kix has been lying low for a while, hasn't he. He's PIC'd what, at least his last 2 games. I'm thinking he MOTS this week & the last week against me.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:03 AM   #140
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Talking 3 in a row!

Aviators - SouthPark Cows 2 - 4

Date: 10/13/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326904
Arena: Aviators Arena
Crowd: 28962

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 28962 to Aviators Arena. Aviators started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Pacheco - Lunsford, Mcclelland, Kern - Seal, Napier, Marciniak, Hoffman, Ennis - Yi-Da, Similä .

SouthPark tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Black - Davis, Wilhelm, Cook - Millard, Crain, Dragóner, Danhof, Bernbratt - Gustavsson, Dey.

In the 12th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Robert Dey put the ball away for 0 - 1. In the 37:th minute, Aviators´s Louie Hoffman made a rush down the left, leaving him free to put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. The referee showed SouthParks Sven Gustavsson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The player down was Charles Mcclelland. The Aviators bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. Jason Kern received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 41st minute and almost caused an opponent to score. SouthPark took the lead in the games 44:th minute with 1 - 2 after some elegant plays down the middle. Robert Dey was the scorer. The visitors Robert Dey took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 44:th minute. 1 - 3 for SouthPark. This third goal made a hat trick for Robert Dey. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 3. SouthPark held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

The visitors Robert Dey took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 54:th minute. 1 - 4 for SouthPark. 68 minutes into the game Aviators broke through on the left wing and Laverne Seal managed to reduce the lead to 2 - 4. In the 71st minute SouthParks Mikey Cook received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Aviators, with an impressive 52 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Aviators player was Mark Pacheco. Al Lunsford on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Robert Dey. Kenneth Millard on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 4.

RATING

Aviators
Central Defence: world class
Left Side Defence: world class
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: passable

SouthPark Cows
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: outstanding
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: magnificent
Left Side Attack: formidable

Stats:
Best game ever - Entire team

1. Kix - SouthPark Cows 9/29/2003 100%
2. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 8/4/2003 99%
3. SouthPark Cows - zyzzerz 9/8/2003 96%
4. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 9/22/2003 94%
5. Aviators - SouthPark Cows 10/13/2003 94%

Best game ever - Defence

1. SouthPark Cows - EVillIVE 10/6/2003 100%
7. Aviators - SouthPark Cows 10/13/2003 78%

Best game ever - Midfield

1. SouthPark Cows - Vampires 5/8/2003 100%
12. Aviators - SouthPark Cows 10/13/2003 71%

Best game ever - Attack

1. Kix - SouthPark Cows 9/29/2003 100%
2. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 9/22/2003 98%
3. Aviators - SouthPark Cows 10/13/2003 94%
4. MV Lisbon - SouthPark Cows 8/14/2003 86%

Comments:
Robert Dey was a 1 673 000 US$ investment. He gets 4.5* when in decent form. He scored all 4 goals, so I'd say he living up to expectation... This was the Cows 5th best game ever, and second best away game.
The score actually is mostly right... possesion was split, expereince was spilt (we both had poor), and my attack ratings to his defensive ratings were better than his attack ratings to my defensive ratings.
The loss has doomed aviator's comeback and now has no chance of staying in IV.19 (sorry man). It also edges Kix by 4 points (I also have goal dif tie breaker). 1 win by me or 1 loss by Kix breaks Kix chance of staying in IV.19. I like the idea of controling my own destiny now... for a while, it was out of my hands. If Evillive wants 2nd place, he will MOTS this week, cause he won't beat zyzzers. That would be enough to clinch.

Standings:

Team Played Goals Points
1. zyzzerz 12 46 - 9 34

2. The Mad Huligans 12 34 - 22 22
3. EVillIVE 12 22 - 13 22
4. Gargoyles 12 25 - 27 15

5. Fockers 12 20 - 24 14
6. SouthPark Cows 12 20 - 31 14

7. Kix 12 17 - 34 10
8. Aviators 12 13 - 37 3
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-14-2003, 11:19 AM   #141
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

And the universal Hattrik truth that defense < any other is again reaffirmed. I actually eeked out the SPC on NSI by a sole point. Not enough to complain about, except for the fact that we had equal possession, it was at my place, and he beat me down 2-4.

Hell with it, it wouldn't be an Aviators IV.19 season if I didn't complain!
Old 10-14-2003, 12:02 PM   #142
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Well, Aviators, I'll see if I can't serve you up a nice pitch to hit out of the park. I have a couple of players out due to injury and I'm saving TS for a possible qualifier match.

I can only see one scenario where I would auto-relegate, but I don't think that it is too likely because SPC . . . "hey, I need the qual game, I have U20 defenders to train!"

You can bet that Kix will MOTS Evil this week. He's 4 points down with 2 weeks left to go. He will have to MOTS out the season.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:24 PM   #143
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Kix is weak... he isn't getting anymore points this season. I promise. He shouldn't have even cracked the top 4. My prediction states that he will be 8th... well his ratings are bottom, he just got lucky that first half of the season. I think he spent his TS doing it too.
It's not secret, I'd like to take 5th place... but I'm happy with 6th.

*Edit: fixing my spelling.
My Pro Soccer Story

Last edited by lytic : 10-14-2003 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:18 PM   #144
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

It'd have to be a pretty fat pitch

My TS will likely drop a notch this week, and playing away..that means inadequate midfield for me. I will be getting my best defender back, however, so I may see the extra-terrestrial rating back.

On the other hand, I think my ace keeper, Pacheco is popping this training update. If he does, I'm strongly considering putting him up for transfer. I'm torn on it. Do I keep playing him & training him for another 2 weeks, then put him up in the off season, hoping for more $$? If so, then it'd have to be a good bit more to represent loosing 2 weeks on another trainee. Do I keep him & not play him, instead training up another keeper for 2 weeks? Decisions, decisions.

What do you guys think? Sell if he pops or sit on him?
Old 10-14-2003, 01:22 PM   #145
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Ok, just round numbers here.

Sell Pacheco: $5,000,000
Buy mid-high solid: $400,000

Train the mid-high solid to excellent & sell: $520,000

Ok, so I'd be forgoing $120,000, as I plan on buying an U-20 keeper at the start of next season anyway, and the trainee wouldn't get any more than the 2 weeks at the end of this season.

I guess Pacheco will just be over-trained, but that could work out alright. His value will be much higher because of it, and that might relate to some better bids. Hopefully it will anyway. If not, well, if one of you all want a super stud keeper that is overtrained
Old 10-14-2003, 03:02 PM   #146
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Sell him, you won't need him for Div V... Get that U20 hopeful. Your team as is would rock most div V series. So focus on training so when you come back up the season after you will rock even more!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-14-2003, 03:06 PM   #147
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I wasn't clear.

I'm selling him this off-season, regardless. I need the $$ to get the U-20 trainee. My conundrum was wether or not to sell him after this training update, or during the off-season. I think I pretty much answered my own question though, and will keep training him until the off-season.

Oh, btw, Hulis asked about aquiring Pacheco the other week...you guys may be seeing some big 'D' out of them if he's set on aquiring a keeper of Pacheco's caliber.

EDIT:

I was mistaken. It wasn't Hulis who offered me a trade for Paceco, it was Zyzzerz. Obviously his team needs 'D' to round it out. So, at any rate, he's looking into keepers.

Last edited by damnMikeBrown : 10-14-2003 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:31 PM   #148
lytic
College Benchwarmer

It won't be worth it in the long run. Sell him asap.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 10-14-2003, 06:26 PM   #149
Raven Hawk
College Starter

List him for 5,120,000. Then you won't lose that $120,000 . . . heheh. List him high and keep training him until you get a good price for him. If he doesn't sell, list him again for more $.

Lytic. Unfortunately, I don't think that you can get 5th . . . it will be a tough play. The only real chance you have is if I accidentally win this week, then you can win next week and take 5th.

And yes, that pitch will be nice and fat, DMB. Because, like lytic I would like to have 5th place.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:14 AM   #150
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Seriously, why train anyone above a rating if you don't think he will hit the next rating? You are wasting time and money training someone who you are going to sell. A World Class keeper sells for like 5 mil. A World Class keeper with 4 extra weeks of training sells for like 5 mil. Those 4 weeks you could have used on a 17 year Solid keeper up to near excellent. I do the same thing all the time.
Honestly, what do you have to fight for? You can't take 6th. Cut your losses and sell when he turns. Sit on that cash and buy some finance people and live off the nice interest! It will be a lot more profitable that way.

As for me taking 5th, well I haven't played with numbers yet, but I'd like 5th or 6th. 5th would be better since I am a U20 Coach and all and I guess that position means something to people that have no idea what they are talking about.

Even though I have rattled off 3 wins in a row, I don't expect to beat hulis, I obviously need to PIC since my TS has been hit hard. I may go get the Cow Curtain to blanket him and try to pull off 1 point.
My Pro Soccer Story