Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2003, 09:58 PM   #51
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Ahhh! Such conspiracy! I love it! With this type of cooperation, we can stay in IV.19 forever!

We need a magic wand that exchanges Aves' points with Kix's.

Raven Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 10:01 PM   #52
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I say tie both... it's funnier.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 02:59 AM   #53
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Not to mention . . . better for the Cows.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:47 AM   #54
lytic
College Benchwarmer

okay strongbad...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-08-2003, 12:09 AM   #55
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Best game ever - Entire team

1. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 8/4/2003 100%
2. SouthPark Cows - zyzzerz 9/8/2003 97%

Best game ever - Midfield

1. SouthPark Cows - Vampires 5/8/2003 100%
2. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 8/4/2003 91%
3. SouthPark Cows - zyzzerz 9/8/2003 89%

Best game ever - Attack

1. MV Lisbon - SouthPark Cows 8/14/2003 100%
2. SouthPark Cows - Kix 8/25/2003 100%
3. SouthPark Cows - zyzzerz 9/8/2003 99%

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

SouthPark Cows - zyzzerz 2 - 5

Date: 9/8/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326882
Arena: Starks Pond
Crowd: 25167

The 25167 spectators at Starks Pond were in for an afternoon of sunshine. SouthPark started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Black - Cook, Davis, Marcusson - Guy, Crain, Dragóner, Danhof, Millard - Gustavsson, Orkola.

zyzzerz tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Jaakson - Schipper, Ribes, Mirkovic - Nakums, Knutsen, Richardson, Istorp, Sleenhoff - Hagelner, Smedley.

The terraces were silenced in the 6:th minute as zyzzerz´s Joost Sleenhoff put the guests ahead 0 - 1, following an attack from the right. SouthPark´s Preston Davis made a successful breakthrough attempt in the game´s 27:th minute and should have levelled the score, but clipped it over the bar. After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 35:th minute, an alert Sven Gustavsson bagged the ball, evening the score to 1 - 1. zyzzerz took the lead in the games 38:th minute with 1 - 2 after some elegant plays down the middle. Jonas Knutsen was the scorer. In the 41st minute zyzzerzs Vladan Mirkovic received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by zyzzerz, with an impressive 57 percent possession of the ball.

The visitors Jon Smedley took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 86:th minute. 1 - 3 for zyzzerz. A marvelous SouthPark effort to the right resulted in a 90:th minute goal by Tory Guy, putting the score up to 2 - 3. José María Ribes increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 2 - 4. zyzzerzs Gerasim Nakums got himself booked after a foul. The SouthPark player was Kenneth Millard who had to be helped off the pitch, unable to finish the game. One of many good passes from Joost Sleenhoff at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Tomas Hagelner, scoring for zyzzerz to 2 - 5. After this zyzzerz lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Jon Smedley could have put his team up another one in the 90:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. zyzzerz held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

SouthPark´s best player was Peter Marcusson. However, Steven Mcnutt made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating zyzzerz player was without a doubt Jonas Knutsen. Jon Smedley on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 5.

SOLD SEATS

Terraces: 15688
Basic seats: 6557
Seats under roof: 2358
VIP seats: 564

Team Attitude: Normal

RATING

SouthPark Cows
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: excellent
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: outstanding
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: passable

zyzzerz
Midfield: brilliant
Right Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: outstanding

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Comments:
Well besides the midfield advantage, our teams were pretty much even. Once the new tactics come out, maybe I'll start winning more, but if I don't start winning in the immediate future, there won't be a team for me to play with. I think if I get auto-demoted, I'll just quit. Next week if a for sure loss, so I might as well PIC that one in hopes that I could finally break the streak with the Gargs... I may even PIC the Gargs game to make sure I can beat the Kix convincingly.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-08-2003, 12:57 AM   #56
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Tell me about it. My game was even ratings wise too. I, of course, lost 1-3. Same as my game against Fockers. Same as my cup game.

There just no catching a break, at all. Every game I should have a chance in, as in a good chance to win, I loose. Every game I should loose, I loose.

20 or 21 weeks now since a youth pull with ANY solid rating. Something like 13 weeks since I've had a pull with a passable rating in a real category. Yet how many people here on the fof are pulling solids out of their newly poped solid youth squad.

I'm extremely frustrated with HT and it's shortcomings right now. I, unfortunately, just paid up for a full season of supporter, however.

I'm very leary of V next year because of the engine changes. Just wait...my solid midfield will now not be good enough to overcome somebody playing counter-attack with a weak mid and a 3-4-3.

I'll be ok demoting again to V and doing very well for a season, but the fear lingers that I will become immersed into a V series, that due to the engine changes, will become too difficult to do well in.

I'm just bitter & disgusted at the state of affairs of my team too. Jus can't catch a break, in any way, shape, or form.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 09:56 AM   #57
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Go Mike... Beat KIX!!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-08-2003, 12:12 PM   #58
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

24421 spectators arrived at Fockers Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Fockers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Paulusz - Nowak, Gnaegi, Oerlemans - Petronia, Leone, Lindhell, Müller, Kaplan - Wallis, Schreuder.

Gargoyles tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Kullenhult - Langeland, Di Palma, Dehlbratt - Ekmo, Öbratt, Slyngen, Michelsson, El-Nabil - Jackson, Manee.

In the 3rd minute cheers broke out as Roberto Leone found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Fockers. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 19 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Fockers. However, Torbjörn Kullenhult made a spectacular save. Fockerss Dario Petronia got himself booked after a foul. 20 minutes into the game Gargoyles´s Phakphoom Manee found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring with a long shot, making it 1 - 1. The referee showed Gargoyless Bryce Jackson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Leo Wallis gave his Fockers the lead with 2 - 1, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

One of many good passes from Abdellah Mazin El-Nabil at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Phakphoom Manee, scoring for Gargoyles to 2 - 2. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Dario Petronia rendered him his second booking of the match, and Fockers had to finish the game with a reduced squad. Fockers got a penalty shot in the 74:th minute, but Laurence Gnaegi fumbled the shot slightly and Torbjörn Kullenhult was able to block. Fockers took the lead in the 77:th minute of the game by 3 to 2, as Danny Schreuder elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. The referee showed Gargoyless Even Langeland the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Fockers´s Roberto Leone putting the lead up to 4 - 2. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

Fockers´s best player was Dawid Nowak. Danny Schreuder was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Gargoyles player was without a doubt Bengt Dehlbratt. Vicente Di Palma on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 2.

Fockers
Midfield: solid
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: brilliant
Left Side Defence: magnificent
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: solid

Gargoyles
Right Side Defence: brilliant
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: brilliant
Right Side Attack: excellent
Central Attack: excellent

Truthfully.. I dunno how I won. But I guess I should just shutup and move onto the next week. I'm gonna get my ass kicked next week, cuz I pissed Gargs off. Pretty much I'd like to see what I can throw at Kix.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:32 PM   #59
lytic
College Benchwarmer

funny... gargs is an offense trainer and his defense is way better than his offense.
I'm a defense trainer and my offense is way better.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-09-2003, 08:10 PM   #60
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Rank Series Goals Crowd Capacity Stars Stars Ratings Rating
1 IV.61 102 251,580 311,710 303.5 37.9 615 76.9
2 IV.19 122 216,450 302,435 285.0 35.6 605 75.6
3 IV.1 119 305,284 432,900 276.5 34.6 577 72.1

Round 7 series strength...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-10-2003, 07:51 PM   #61
lytic
College Benchwarmer

FOFC cup Round 1

Midwest Ice Storm FC - SouthPark Cows 3 - 1

Date: 9/11/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 9609227
Arena: Midwest Ice Storm FC Arena
Crowd: 1481

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Midwest Ice Storm FC Arena saw a crowd turnout of 1481. Midwest had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Lin-Chuen - Webb, Jack, Abney - Champion, Alcaide, Geiger, Wegrzyn, Escobar - Crook, Rodríguez.

SouthPark had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Barfield - Wilhelm, Danhof, An, Tewari, Hwang - Doménech, Bernbratt, Crain - Donaldson, Orkola.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of SouthPark, and they seem formidable at it. Jeff Abney seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 1-0. The previous Midwest corner kick was executed by Michael Webb. Clayton Donaldson made a good effort at breaking through from the right, but the home team left defence cleared the ball to a corner. Midwests William Jack got himself booked after a foul. The crowd was silenced in the 32nd minute as the visiting teams Dong-Sung An came in from the left, levelling the score to 1 - 1. Midwest could have put themselves ahead in the 33rd minute as William Jack missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. The home side put themselves ahead 2 - 1 in the 41st by a breakthrough from Jeff Abney, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. SouthPark´s Clayton Donaldson left the field after 42 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Sven Gustavsson. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Midwest held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

After an industrious effort down the middle Pablo Rodríguez could have closed the game off in the 49:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. With 73 minutes played Jeffrey Crook could have brought this one home for Midwest, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. SouthPark were close to putting the equaliser away in the 74:th minute as the opposing defence lost control of the ball in a scuffle in front of the goal, but in the end the ball was cleared over the sideline. With 85 minutes played the visitors almost levelled the score. Steve Crain shot a hard curved free kick, striking the post. After 90 minutes Jeffrey Crook put Midwest ahead 3 - 1 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. SouthPark seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. Midwest held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Midwest player was without a doubt Chen Lin-Chuen. Pablo Rodríguez on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Reuben Wilhelm. However, Lance Barfield made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 1.

Team Attitude: Normal

RATING

Midwest Ice Storm FC
Midfield: inadequate
Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: formidable

SouthPark Cows
Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: excellent
Central Defence: outstanding
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: poor

Early exit out of the cup again... it was fun to play with a counter-attack, though it didn't really seem to help all that much.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-11-2003, 10:48 PM   #62
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by lytic
funny... gargs is an offense trainer and his defense is way better than his offense.
I'm a defense trainer and my offense is way better.

This is because we both mitigate our weaknesses with our coach. Since I train forwards, I have a defensive coach, so my defense doesn't suck bad. I would assume that you use the same tactic with your coaching philosophy.

Either way, we're both going to have decent counter attack teams. 5-3-2 is probably the best counter attack strategy, so I think that you would have the advantage.

I think the key is to get your midfield to suck worse than the other team's so that their counter attack doesn't work.

Here's a question . . . what would a counter attack's effect be on a team that is pressing . . . 0-0?
Old 09-15-2003, 12:18 AM   #63
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Another week and another loss

zyzzerz - SouthPark Cows 5 - 0

Date: 9/15/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326889
Arena: zyzzerz Arena
Crowd: 34834

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 34834 to zyzzerz Arena. zyzzerz had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Jaakson - Ribes, Schipper, Mirkovic - Nakums, Knutsen, Richardson, Ziegler, Istorp - Hagelner, Smedley.

SouthPark started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Black - Wilhelm, Davis, Cook - Millard, Crain, Dragóner, Danhof, Guy - Gustavsson, Orkola.

A well placed corner kick from Lyle Richardson was followed by Jon Smedley´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for zyzzerz. The result now 1-0. In the 35:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Vladan Mirkovic dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for zyzzerz. Lyle Richardson almost managed to score another goal for zyzzerz, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Olle Istorp squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 38:th minute, asserting the lead to 3 - 0. Halftime score was 3 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by zyzzerz, with an impressive 75 percent possession of the ball.

The home sides Lyle Richardson twisted a free kick home in the 56:th minute, putting zyzzerz ahead 4 - 0. After this zyzzerz lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. In the 84:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Jonas Knutsen dashed through, knocking home 5 - 0 for zyzzerz. 87 minutes into the game Jukka Orkola had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Steven Mcnutt. The referee showed zyzzerzs Vladan Mirkovic the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by zyzzerz, with an impressive 78 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating zyzzerz player was without a doubt Jonas Knutsen. Olle Istorp was a disappointment, however. SouthPark´s best player was Buda Dragóner. Steven Mcnutt was a disappointment, however. The match ends 5 - 0.

Team Attitude: Play it Cool

RATING

zyzzerz
Midfield: extra-terrestrial
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: inadequate

SouthPark Cows
Midfield: inadequate
Central Attack: outstanding

I kinda expected to lose, but again stats meet up expect the midfield. He obviously owned possesion, I just don't see why that always has to equal blow out shut outs...
Well, I'm not looking forward to playing the Gargs despite what people think. I can't afford to MOTS, I'm not even sure I can afford to Norm... I think I should just pack up and leave instead of trying to fight the inevitable.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-15-2003, 02:30 AM   #64
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

That was just insane. That midfield is sick.

In Aves notes, we lost again, so, there's that.

We broke our streak of lousy youth pulls. We got a passable scorer, marking the first passable+ in a main skill in something like 14 weeks. I'm not even keeping track any more.

Fear not though, we haven't pulled a solid in over 20 weeks, so, there's that.

We ran a 4-5-1 this week against Evil at his place. Lost our striker to a red card early on, so was left with no chance. Possession favored him 51% and 53%. Of course his average offense punched in 2 against my world class defense, because that is how it is against the Aves.

Aviators
Midfield: passable
Right Side Defence: world class
Central Defence: world class
Left Side Defence: magnificent
Right Side Attack: poor
Central Attack: poor

Lost 2-0 on the road.

I'm struck yet again how my team is just as good as most of those in IV.19, and yet, I'm still pointless. Had my striker been in the game, those likely would have been solid attack ratings on the left and center.

So it goes I guess. No breaks for the Aves. Not this year anyway.

Last edited by damnMikeBrown : 09-15-2003 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:50 PM   #65
lytic
College Benchwarmer

MOTS the Kix, you will win, I promise!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-15-2003, 10:53 PM   #66
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Total Total Seating Total Average Total Ave
1 IV.61 117 243,338 311,710 304.5 38.1 611 76.4
2 IV.1 129 300,190 432,900 284.5 35.6 594 74.3
3 IV.19 136 267,736 302,435 277.0 34.6 588 73.5

We fell to #3 because of my poor midfield. You would have thought zyz's E-T mid against me would have boosted us, but I guess not.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-15-2003, 11:43 PM   #67
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Team Played Goals Points
1. zyzzerz 8 34 - 7 24

2. The Mad Huligans 8 26 - 14 17
3. EVillIVE 8 17 - 9 15
4. Fockers 8 14 - 17 10

5. Kix 8 14 - 19 10
6. Gargoyles 8 15 - 18 9

7. SouthPark Cows 8 10 - 24 5
8. Aviators 8 6 - 28 0

Not looking good for the Cows... we really need a win (or 3).
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-16-2003, 10:46 PM   #68
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Unhappy

Well I'm going to lose since I have to PIC to beat Kix.

poop, I don't want to wear pink.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-17-2003, 12:09 PM   #69
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Well, I may end up PICing this week and next so I can beat Kix the following weak, so . . . perhaps there is a chance you win anyhow.

Or perhaps, I feel like trying to put one to zyzzerz . . .
Old 09-17-2003, 12:24 PM   #70
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Rumor has it that Fockers are looking for a stud winger for their big game against Kix this weekend.. some fans have said it's the "Match of the Season" for the Fockers. =)
Old 09-17-2003, 02:04 PM   #71
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I may MOTS kix too... he's my key to a qual game.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-18-2003, 11:19 AM   #72
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Hmmm . . . MOTS Kix, it sounds like we are starting a trend . . . I was planning on a similar strategy . .
Old 09-19-2003, 01:53 PM   #73
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Okay . . . I drew up a little scenario for the rest of the season based on the results of the upcoming game against the Cows . . .

Here is what the last week will look like if . . .

I win:

Fockers (16 pts) vs. Cows (11 pts)
Aviators (0 pts) vs. Kix (10 pts)
Huligans vs. Gargoyles (18 pts)

I PIC and lose:
Fockers (16 pts) vs. Cows (14 pts)
Aviators (0 pts) vs. Kix (10pts)
Huligans vs. Gargoyles (15 pts)

The important thing to remember: if Kix manages another victory other than against the Aves . . . somebody gets screwed. Or the Aves can put the screws to somebody. Too much tension this season . . .

The other thing to consider is what do you do if you're Kix? I would play to stay in the series, which means I come off of two PICS vs. Hulis, PIC vs. Fockers, MOTS Cows, PIC the rest of the year MOTS the Aves and MOTS my qualifier . . . However, I think that he PIC'd the first Huli game, not the second.

Regardless of which. I bet Kix PIC's vs. Fockers and looks to see who is a better target, Gargs or Cows. Or am I giving him too much credit?
Old 09-19-2003, 03:56 PM   #74
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

He'd be stupid to MOTS me back.. and if he looked at my schedule.. he'd notice I have easy games that I can lose except Aves in week 11 and Cows in week 14. So I can PIC all over. He could gun after me however, but that would be stupid since I have the most points out of SPC, Gargs, and myself.

Kix definately PIC'd the 1st vs Hulis and Normaled the 2nd. If he tries to MOTS me, he's gonna lose to both of SPC and Gargs.

So: If Gargs beats SPC's this week, then I'm gonna hafta give SPC the win at the end of the season if the scenario plays out right. If SPC wins this week, then all of us are in danger of being demoted still and how each team does against Kix will decide the outcome of the season for sure. My game with SPC would most likely be pre-determined as to who gets to stay and who doesn't.

So, if the Gargs win it'll either be Kix or SPC's being demoted and if SPC's win.. it can still be any of us (least likely me I suppose, but still a chance).

I think we got this all figured out.. lol.. btw.. I just bought that winger I was talking about. Now if only my strikers would get in better form, I'd be rollin

And if Kix were smart he'd PIC vs me and try to beat Gargs or SPC's.. I agree. He was pretty smart last time he played me. Surprized me a little bit. His best middie was red carded so he played a 4-4-2 instead of 3-5-2. I thought that was smart =)
Old 09-19-2003, 04:14 PM   #75
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Don't tread to lightly around my kids. . . I don't plan on going winless.

My team is entirely capable of winning any game remaining, except I think, against zyzzers. Gargs is also a stretch. Everybody else, I think, will be taking me too lightly. Don't.

6 weeks left in the season:
v. Zyzzers (PIC)
v. Hullis
away v. Fockers
v. SPC
away v. Gargs (PIC)
v. Kix (MOTS)

That's 3 potential wins. Hullis, Fockers & SPC. I'll mots Kix, but seriously doubt I can topple his midfield, especially when he'll be mots too. I like you both & all, but I'll be damned if I'm going down without a single point.
Old 09-20-2003, 12:26 AM   #76
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I won't underestimate you Ave's... my season has been too stupid to think I have an easy win anywhere.
I don't want to have to burn all my TS and have no gas left in the tank at the end, so I'll have to PIC the games that I might be able to win like evil and hulis.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-20-2003, 01:12 AM   #77
Raven Hawk
College Starter

DamnMikeBrown,

Please don't take any offense to my assumptions. I know that you are perfectly capable of winning any of your remaining games, except perhaps Zzyzerz. If I had my druthers we'd be able to keep you in the series, but you have had some games escape you in the first half of the season that have kept you down. I personally wouldn't be surprised if you were able to put together 6 points at the end of the season, possibly 9.

This series is about to hit high gear and give a couple of us some ulcers.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:16 AM   #78
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Dola . . .

As much as I want to play Zzyzerz hard, I can't afford to with Kix the following week. I wouldn't worry, though. His team will fall back into Div IV next year when Counter Attack becomes available in league play. Zzyzerz is all midfield . . . nothing else. I'm so happy about the strategy implementation, it makes the game more strategic than "PIC or MOTS" and "Train Midfield." I was starting to feel the pull to train Middies. But, I now feel better, especially with a couple of good young forwards to train.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:58 AM   #79
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Tell me about it. The pull was getting very strong on me too. I'm so tired of seeing solid attacks & midfield. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of 'em, it's just that I know I'm an instant underdog putting 'em up.

The temptation is now very strong to get sucked into wing training. Imagine the rocket shot in left & right attacks by training just for a season. . .

I have commited myself to training keeper for at least one more season. That will get my back-up keeper up to magnificent/world class, and I'll keep him for my long term answer at that point. If I'm not capable of getting an U-20 caliber keeper in week 1 of next season, I'll likely just train keeper for next season, then swap over to wing the year after that. That'd put me, likely, back into a IV series in my first season of wing training. Between counter attack, and two excellent defender/solid passing purchases to bolster counter-attack, I think I'll be all right.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:25 PM   #80
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Dude, Counter-attack isn't looking as strong as one might believed it to be.

I threw a 5-3-2 with an Oustanding C-A rating and lost 6-0 in my last friendly.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-21-2003, 02:16 PM   #81
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Jinhae Nomads - SouthPark Cows 6 - 0

Date: 9/17/2003 at 02:00
MatchID: 9646208
Arena: Cherry Blossom Field
Crowd: 2312

2312 spectators had come to Cherry Blossom Field this cloudy day. Nomad had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Kjellsson - Beckkvist, Baum, Oh - Dean, Utterman, Lundfeldt, An, Ko - Dae, Fabrés.

SouthPark started off with a 5-3-2 lineup. Lineup: Barfield - An, Dragóner, Danhof, Tewari, Hwang - Bernbratt, Mabry, Doménech - Mcnutt, Bokfeldt.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of SouthPark, and they seem outstanding at it. Nomads Jin-Soon Oh gave, after 4 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. Nomads Soon-Gui Ko got himself booked after a foul. The referee showed SouthParks Steven Mcnutt the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. SouthPark appeared unsure on how to play. Dong-Chun Dae almost managed to score another goal for Nomad, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Olof Bokfeldt made a good effort at breaking through from the right, but the home team left defence cleared the ball to a corner. Nomad put their lead ahead another goal as Isaiás Fabrés struck home the 2 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. The structure of the game started to change as Nomad decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. 2 - 0 was the half-time score. Nomad, bringing the final ball possession rate to 74 percent, dominated the battle.

SouthPark -coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players looked a lot more organized. SouthPark seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. In the 65:th minute Martin Beckkvist put Nomad ahead 3 - 0 with a truly marvelous free kick. Nomad put their lead ahead another goal as Urban Utterman struck home the 4 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. In the games 78:th minute SouthPark´s Yuri Danhof fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Yuri Danhof for taking a dive. Nomad put themselves up 5 - 0 when Se-Jin An broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. Nomads Wendell Dean proved that he's been around on a footy pitch before, when he took advantage of a few moments of confusion in the enemy defence line, then elegantly scoring 6-0. Nomad, bringing the final ball possession rate to 80 percent, dominated the battle.

Nomad´s best player was Wendell Dean. Dong-Chun Dae on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Buda Dragóner. Ben Mabry on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 6 - 0.

RATING

Jinhae Nomads
Left Side Defence: excellent
Right Side Attack: excellent

SouthPark Cows
Midfield: poor
Central Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: weak
My Pro Soccer Story

Last edited by lytic : 09-21-2003 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2003, 02:31 PM   #82
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Should be interesting games this week:

predictions for the "pink" match:

2 predict Cows to win, 4 predict Gargs to win, and 1 prediction was a tie.

predictions for the "kill kix" match:

4 predict focers to win, 1 predict kix will win, and 2 predict a draw.

predictions for the "first and last/ points and no points" match:

7 predict zyz to win... Goal diff predictions: 159-4
That's not very nice.

Well I'll be rooting for my FOFC buds, minus my rival. I really could use some points... all I can say is, I hope you continue your strong defense ratings. I'm coming after you! Here comes a MOTS!!!!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-21-2003, 03:34 PM   #83
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

The main thing in counter-attack, is that you have to stop one of the other teams attacks. You didn't stop a one of 'em. Of course your defense was comprable to his offense, so naturally you'd loose. That's the way it is...no love for the 'D'.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:12 PM   #84
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Here comes the PIC!
Old 09-21-2003, 06:52 PM   #85
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I'm not calling an upset or anything, as this happened the last time I played him too...but...at the half:

1 Aviators, 0 Zyzzerz

My 2 goals heading into the match were:
1) Don't get shut out at home
2) Improve upon last weeks World Class defensive rankings

He already hurt one of my wing backs (who'll likely never recover at the age of 33). He also has 61% possession thus far. I'm anticipating 4 goals from him in the 2nd half to take it, 1-4.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:04 PM   #86
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Yup, yup, yup. Pointless no more.

I tied the untied, unbeaten Zyzzerz. Man, I bet he's pissed My defense just shut him down. We both scored on event goals. I had the lead going late into the 2nd half. I actually started to believe I'd win.

I admit I was lucky in this game, but really, it was about time some of it shifted my way.

My old wingback, Hansson 33, got hurt for 3 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done for the season.

For those keeping track, I did not get shut out 1) [x], however; 2) Improve on last weeks World Class defense [], I did not.

It may have gone bettter had my wingback not gotten hurt, but maybe it wouldn't have. At any rate...1 point!
Old 09-21-2003, 10:35 PM   #87
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

awesome job mikebrown.. proud of you =)
Old 09-22-2003, 12:16 AM   #88
lytic
College Benchwarmer

SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 2 - 4

Date: 9/22/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326892
Arena: Starks Pond
Crowd: 29156

29156 spectators arrived at Starks Pond, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. SouthPark started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Black - Davis, Wilhelm, Cook - Millard, Crain, Dragóner, Danhof, Guy - Gustavsson, Dey.

Gargoyles had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Kullenhult - Dehlbratt, Blackburn, Langeland - El-Nabil, Öbratt, Slyngen, Michelsson, Ekmo - Jackson, Manee.

Gargoyless Abdellah Mazin El-Nabil got himself booked after a foul. SouthParks Kenneth Millard gave, after 17 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. Jami Michelsson of Gargoyles received a yellow card in the 18:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Visitors Bryce Jackson was alert on a play coming in from the left, making the score a tie at 1 - 1 in the 31st minute. Halftime score was 1 - 1. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

In the 50:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Bryce Jackson put the ball away for 1 - 2. The visitors Karl Ekmo took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 74:th minute. 1 - 3 for Gargoyles. The structure of the game started to change as Gargoyles decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The referee showed SouthParks Sven Gustavsson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The Gargoyles player was Eigil Slyngen who had to be helped off the pitch, unable to finish the game. Bengt Dehlbratt seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 1-4. The previous Gargoyles corner kick was executed by Bryce Jackson. In the 88:th minute Sven Gustavsson passed through the guests central line of defense, scoring the 2 - 4 goal. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Abdellah Mazin El-Nabil rendered him his second booking of the match, and Gargoyles had to finish the game with a reduced squad. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

SouthPark´s best player was Robert Dey. Kenneth Millard was a disappointment, however. Most important Gargoyles player was Mattias Öbratt. Even Langeland was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 4.

SOLD SEATS

Terraces: 18046
Basic seats: 7566
Seats under roof: 2847
VIP seats: 697

Team Attitude: Play it Cool

RATING

SouthPark Cows
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: magnificent
Left Side Attack: brilliant

Gargoyles
Central Defence: magnificent
Right Side Attack: solid

Stats:

1. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 8/4/2003 100%
2. SouthPark Cows - zyzzerz 9/8/2003 97%
3. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 9/22/2003 95%

9. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 9/22/2003 73%

Best game ever - Attack

1. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 9/22/2003 100%
2. MV Lisbon - SouthPark Cows 8/14/2003 88%

Comments:
Okay, so I changed my mind last minute. I wasn't going to MOTS, but I was going to Norm. I said, "whatthehell, If I PIC, I can MOTS Kix." As it stands I'll need a win vs Kix and a win somewhere else and for Kix to never win again. Now look at the difference in my best attack vs my second best...

Another crazy stat... out of my top 15 games ever, I've only won 2! What the fuck is that?

A big shout out to my bud mikebrown! Hey I tried to bring them down and failed... big congrats to you! My team wore them out and they thought they could go easy on you!

IV.19 Standings:
1. zyzzerz 9 35 - 8 25

2. The Mad Huligans 9 27 - 15 18
3. EVillIVE 9 18 - 10 16
4. Fockers 9 18 - 18 13

5. Gargoyles 9 19 - 20 12
6. Kix 9 15 - 23 10

7. SouthPark Cows 9 12 - 28 5
8. Aviators 9 7 - 29 1
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-22-2003, 08:50 AM   #89
Raven Hawk
College Starter

When I noticed that you had purchased that new 4* striker, I decided to change my strategy to full middle defend. It seemed to work for me. I did "Normal" the match. I was actually surprised that you didn't get any good attacks on the left, since you had a brilliant left attack vs. my formidable left defense. Another classic Garg-Cow game. I'm confident that you would have won this one if you would have "normaled" it.

Either way, let's concentrate on sending Kix back to Div V. I do plan on MOTSing him in two weeks after a Zzyzerz PIC.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:43 AM   #90
lytic
College Benchwarmer

left attacks would go against your right defense... which was also formidable.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-22-2003, 09:44 AM   #91
lytic
College Benchwarmer

and not only that... you didn't have a wing back on that brilliant side.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-22-2003, 07:03 PM   #92
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Yeah, but I did have a defensive winger. Not that it makes much of a difference. It didn't show that he was there cause he got booted for getting 2 yellows. He typically puts up 3.5 stars no matter how I play him Offensive, Normal, or Defensive.

Regardless of which. You should have broken through my right defense with a brilliant attack. Perhaps that side was just playing it "too cool." or my winger kept fouling them whenever they made an advance on that side. Or perhaps, HT-Bjorn still doesn't like you.

The thing that I find funny is that in our "Supporter Stats" you have the best forward of in all matches and i have the best central defender in all matches. Who'd athunk it?
Old 09-23-2003, 11:18 PM   #93
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by damnMikeBrown
Yup, yup, yup. Pointless no more.

I tied the untied, unbeaten Zyzzerz. Man, I bet he's pissed My defense just shut him down. We both scored on event goals. I had the lead going late into the 2nd half. I actually started to believe I'd win.

I admit I was lucky in this game, but really, it was about time some of it shifted my way.

My old wingback, Hansson 33, got hurt for 3 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done for the season.

For those keeping track, I did not get shut out 1) [x], however; 2) Improve on last weeks World Class defense [], I did not.

It may have gone bettter had my wingback not gotten hurt, but maybe it wouldn't have. At any rate...1 point!

Awsome tie

what a way to get your first point.

P.S. Your starting goalie is getting awsome.... whats he at now??
Old 09-23-2003, 11:48 PM   #94
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Youcandoit FC - SouthPark Cows 0 - 4

Date: 9/24/2003 at 02:00
MatchID: 9713689
Arena: Ifyouthinkyoucantakeme Dome
Crowd: 2981

2981 spectators arrived at Ifyouthinkyoucantakeme Dome, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Youcandoit had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. They fielded: Tegbo - Jung, Church, Heung, Chee-Soon - Sim, Choi, Robertsson, Yoon, Bjärnsson - Ishimura.

SouthPark had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. Lineup: Barfield - An, Dragóner, Danhof, Tewari, Hwang - Bernbratt, Mabry, Mcnutt - Donaldson, Orkola.

Youcandoit seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. SouthPark clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their outstanding talent for it. SouthPark were pushed back, and had many dangerous counterattacks, such as the impressive one in the 8:th minutes that Clayton Donaldson just barely failed to score on. The terraces were silenced in the 10:th minute as SouthPark´s Clayton Donaldson put the guests ahead 0 - 1, following an attack from the right. The referee signalled a penalty in the 28:th minute following an offence just inside of the box. Clayton Donaldson knocked home 0 - 2 just out of reach for the goaltender. Lars Robertsson had a good opportunity to reduce in the 32nd minute but wasn´t cool enough. The ball went miles over the bar. 0 - 2 was the half-time score. SouthPark, bringing the final ball possession rate to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

Hyun-Gu Hwang stunned the crowd with a brilliant counterattack from the left, giving SouthPark the goal to make it 0 - 3. After this SouthPark lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The game had been on for 70 minutes when Jukka Orkola broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. SouthPark´s were up 0 - 4. SouthPark´s Yuri Danhof left the field after 71 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Víctor Barriuso de Miguel. After 73 minutes Sung-Ki Yoon could have reduced had it not been for an excellent block by the visitors keeper Lance Barfield. SouthPark held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Most important Youcandoit player was Ted Church. Sung-Ki Yoon was a disappointment, however. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Buda Dragóner. Ben Mabry was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 4.

RATING

Youcandoit FC
Right Side Defence: weak
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Central Attack: poor

SouthPark Cows
Central Defence: excellent
Central Attack: inadequate

Strange that I had possesion and I still had Counter attack special events... Hell, I'll take it.
My Pro Soccer Story

Last edited by lytic : 09-23-2003 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:51 PM   #95
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Total Total Seating Total Average Total Ave
1 IV.61 126 209,606 311,710 295.5 36.9 609 76.1
2 IV.1 145 371,552 432,900 283.5 35.4 600 75.0
3 IV.19 151 228,370 302,435 283.5 35.4 594 74.3
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-23-2003, 11:57 PM   #96
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Thanks.

Nice job to you on taking down Kix. He has the possibility of not winning a game the rest of the way. With all of us MOTS against him, he'll have a hell of a time keeping up. SPC, if they don't muck about too much , have a good chance to sneak up into 6th.

Yeah, Pacheco is definately strutting his stuff now. What's all the more remarkable is that I'm getting those defensive ratings with only one solid defender. The rest are passable. Between Pacheco & a defensive coach, I'm quite pleased with them.

If I had one of Lytic's wife's super set pieces players, I imagine it'd be enough to compete.

Soooo tempted to keep Pacheco, sell my backup (outstanding by end of season) and swap over to winger training.

I was browsing Hatstats earlier, looking at V series. So long as I don't go into one of the top 10 series, I shouldn't have much trouble winning whatever series I'm relegated into with the guys I have now. That means next year, outside of trying to buy an U-20 trainee, I can just sit on all my $$, and wait until the end of the year to load up on some new talent.

I'm not looking forward, at all, to demoting, but I AM looking forward to becoming a highly profitable soccer team, selling out my stadium and winning games.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:15 PM   #97
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I am looking forward to demoting! I hate you guys!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-24-2003, 10:44 PM   #98
lytic
College Benchwarmer

SouthPark Cows: 0 victories, 0 draws
Gargoyles: 6 victories, 0 draws
Goal difference: 7 - 17
Most spectators: 35000 (7/7/2003)

12/16/2002 (League)
Gargoyles - SouthPark Cows 4 - 1

3/17/2003 (League)
SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 1 - 2

4/7/2003 (League)
Gargoyles - SouthPark Cows 3 - 2

7/7/2003 (League)
SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 1 - 2

9/1/2003 (League)
Gargoyles - SouthPark Cows 2 - 0

9/22/2003 (League)
SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 2 - 4

Just thought I would add this tidbit here as well...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-26-2003, 03:22 PM   #99
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by lytic
I am looking forward to demoting! I hate you guys!

No you aren't. You love our division. Admit it.
Old 09-29-2003, 12:45 AM   #100
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Looks like there may still be 3 of us next season...

Kix - SouthPark Cows 1 - 3

Date: 9/29/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326896
Arena: Kix Arena
Crowd: 22221

22221 spectators had come to Kix Arena this cloudy day. Kix had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Plunkett - Pettersson, Hamilton, Ivanovs - Rice, Dewitt, Peterson, Mozzanica, Young - Gay, Jasarevic.

SouthPark started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Black - Wilhelm, Davis, Cook - Bernbratt, Crain, Dragóner, Millard, Guy - Gustavsson, Dey.

SouthPark took the lead in the games 15:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Steve Crain was the scorer. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Roland Dewitt needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. Terrell Gay was just a finger´s breadth away from an equaliser for Kix, but Palmer Black managed to ward the closing shot off for a corner. SouthPark´s Sven Gustavsson received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 41st minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 2. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. In the 42nd minute Kixs Terrell Gay received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The visitors Buda Dragóner took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 43rd minute. 0 - 3 for SouthPark. The structure of the game started to change as SouthPark decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Daniel Peterson challenged the visitors full backs eagerly, producing a good chance in the 45:th minute as he went for a through ball combination. But as so many times before, the guest´s defensive efforts got the best of it. SouthPark´s Sven Gustavsson refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 45:th minute. 0 - 3 was the half-time score. Kix, bringing the final ball possession rate to 53 percent, dominated the battle.

Kix nearly produced a goal as Daniel Peterson set up Wilson Rice for a strike from a seemingly unpossible angle. The receiver wasn´t as clear-headed though, and put the shot wide. After 57 minutes Kix´s Gianluca Mozzanica contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. In the 71st minute Wim Jasarevic passed through the guests central line of defense, scoring the 1 - 3 goal. Kix held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

Most important Kix player was Laine Young. Wim Jasarevic was a disappointment, however. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Robert Dey. However, Mats Bernbratt made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 3.

Team Attitude: Match of the Season

RATING

Kix
Central Attack: solid

SouthPark Cows
Left Side Defence: outstanding
Right Side Attack: formidable
Central Attack: brilliant
Left Side Attack: brilliant

Stats:

NSI: 80
Stars:38.5

1. Kix - SouthPark Cows 9/29/2003 100%
2. The Mad Huligans - SouthPark Cows 8/4/2003 99%
3. SouthPark Cows - zyzzerz 9/8/2003 96%

Best game ever - Defence

1. Alaska Huns - SouthPark Cows 7/24/2003 100%
8. Gargoyles - SouthPark Cows 9/1/2003 82%
11. Kix - SouthPark Cows 9/29/2003 81%

5. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 3/17/2003 85%
6. Kix - SouthPark Cows 9/29/2003 81%

Best game ever - Attack

1. Kix - SouthPark Cows 9/29/2003 100%
2. SouthPark Cows - Gargoyles 9/22/2003 98%
3. MV Lisbon - SouthPark Cows 8/14/2003 86%
4. SouthPark Cows - Kix 8/25/2003 86%

Standings:
1. zyzzerz 10 39 - 8 28

2. The Mad Huligans 10 30 - 18 19
3. EVillIVE 10 20 - 11 19
4. Fockers 10 19 - 20 13

5. Gargoyles 10 19 - 24 12

6. Kix 10 16 - 26 10

7. SouthPark Cows 10 15 - 29 8
8. Aviators 10 10 - 32 2

Well needed 3 points. I almost didn't get them either! It's truly sad that midfield is everything in this game, because the evil gargs got blanked dispite great ratings in everything but midfield. Even them his mid wasn't beat badly... stupid engine!
My Pro Soccer Story