Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

My Ridiculously Inept Congresscommie (Who Now Faces Arrest!)

Just got "The 4th District Chronicle" from the Cutest Little Communist In Congress. Just a quick glance at it...

Page One: main article...just her general idiotic rantings...no surprises there

Page Two: "Congress Hears Gripping Stories Of Heroism, Policy Failure and Discrimination" Hmmm...hard-hitting article perhaps? Nope. No specifics. No heroism. No discrimination. No policy failure. I guess I'm just supposed to believe it because the headline says so...

Also on page 2: "REGISTER EARLY. CONGRESSWOMAN HOSTS FIFTH ANNUAL WOMEN'S SISTER TO SISTER" Limited Seating. Register Early. Oooh. Better pass this on to SWMBO. When is it? Oh. It was December 5th., 2005.

Guess it's too late to register early...

On to page three:
"CONGRESSWOMAN MCKINNEY WORKING HARD FOR THE FOURTH DISTRICT" Her web site proudly proclaims of our district "The District is the most ethnically diverse district in the southeastern United States." You sure wouldn't guess that by the pictures of Congresswoman McKinney Working Hard For The 4th District. There are five pictures of Congresswoman McKinney Working Hard For The Most Ethnically Diverse District In the Southeastern United States. 35 faces can be seen in those pictures. 33 of them are black. The two white ones are the mayor of Clarkston and a white school board member. I guess I should be glad I'm not a part of the 48ish percent of her district that is not black.

Page Four...

Lots of "Legislation Introduced By Congresswoman McKinney." The watchful eye notes, though, that there's no "Legislation PASSED That Congresswoman McKinney Introduced." Hmmmm...I wonder why that is. Could it be because the rest of her colleagues, even the ones in her own party, see her for the FRUITCAKE she is???

Page Five...

Headline: "Congressional Office DELIVERS!!!" Lots mroe pictures of the Congressional Office DELIVERING for the various black people in the picture. Hey, there's even a photo op with C.M. and Isaac Hayes. I wonder if Ol' Isaac DELIVERED a little sumpm-sumpm to her.

Page Six....

OH MY GOODNESS, WHAT IS THAT??? A PICTURE OF....WHITE PEOPLE!!!! Oh, never mind. That's the 9/11 Commission. The article is ripping them.

Page Seven...

Ahh....the ol' District Day schedule, with an explanation that "district days are periodic meetings planned by Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney and staff to allow for individual visits by constituents...We encourage you to attend and ask questions, raise concersn and have those questions and concerns addressed." Cool! So, when's the next one?

Oh, these are the District Days from May 2005-November 2005. Maybe Congresswoman McKinney should DELIVER a time machine to my house so I could attend some of these.

Page Eight....
(You're not going to believe this one unless I quote it verbatim. I've also included color and relative font sizes used on the actual page.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page Eight
Congress Of The United States
House Of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
Official Business

VOTE!
**IMPORTANT**
Convicted felons can vote if:
  • All your time has been served
  • You completed parole or probation
  • All your fines have been paid

This mailing was prepared, published and mailed as a taxpayer expense. It is provided as a service to Fourth Congressional District Constituents.

Just damn. Glad to see her soliciting the convicted felon vote.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 03-27-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Also on page 2: "REGISTER EARLY. CONGRESSWOMAN HOSTS FIFTH ANNUAL WOMEN'S SISTER TO SISTER" Limited Seating. Register Early. Oooh. Better pass this on to SWMBO. When is it? Oh. It was December 5th., 2005.

Better make sure for the next one if SWMBO needs a sleeping bag or not.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:06 PM   #3
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Make sure you send a copy of this to Neal, just in case he hasn't gotten his yet
Old 03-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #4
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Is this a joke? Well, I mean other than the fact that Cynthia McKinney is a joke in and of herself...
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Ahhh - the aisle bird rears her ugly head again! I can never decide if I am happy that I don't live in her district, or if I am sad that I've never gotten to vote against her...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
Celeval
Pro Starter

I would like to state for the record that the only election during which we were in Ms. McKinney's district, she lost in the primary. Then we left, and she came back.

I would like to also state for the record that I was not a Republican crossing party lines for a primary vote. But hey! Maybe everybody else was.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:55 PM   #7
st.cronin
General Manager

Imagine the uproar if this thread had been started by Bubba Wheels.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:19 PM   #8
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin

He wouldn't have provided any of the quotes from the newsletter, and later would have referenced something completely different to draw attention away from his initial, impossible to defend statement.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #9
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Is this a joke? Well, I mean other than the fact that Cynthia McKinney is a joke in and of herself...
Nope. Everything I posted is 100% accurate from the newsletter I received today.

And yes, I'll be composing an e-mail to Boortz in the morning, just in case it hasn't gotten to him.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:25 PM   #10
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
I'm going to be out of the office a good bit tomorrow, but I'll try to remember to scan the convicted felon section.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:31 PM   #11
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I wasn't thinking about Bubba, I was just thinking that if ANY white person had started this thread, that person would be an automatic racist. Hell, we're we probably honorary racists for even pointing that out.

Look out!!! It's the FOFC Justice League!!! Hide!!!

I need to come up with super hero names for the FOFC political crusaders on both sides.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:55 PM   #12
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

I scanned her webpage, and her wikipedia entry, and found no evidence of communism or even that much evidence of far left political leanings. In fact wikipedia says she is one of the biggest Katrina relief advocates and works tirelessly to keep conventional weapons out of the hands of dictators and those that fail to respect human rights. She was also instrumental in having the UN create a commission on the Rwanda genocide. I do see though that she is a co-sponsor of Conyers' resolution to impeach Bush.

Last edited by MrBigglesworth : 03-27-2006 at 10:04 PM.
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:16 PM   #13
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

I noticed you dropped your direct criticism of SD for posting this (no biggie, I'm guilty of it myself occasionally, thinking better of things), but still, you're going to have to do better than Wikipedia and the Congressperson's own website as an effective defense against some of the more outlandish things she's done (I seem to recall her thinly veiled suggestions that Bush was actually responsible for 9/11, for example).

Besides, I should leave it to SD to speak further to your counterarguments, since, you know, he actually lives in Ms. McKinney's district and thus actually sees what impact her representation has on his daily life.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:20 PM   #14
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Btw, no matter what else, I don't think it is a problem at all to remind ex convicts that they do still have the right to vote if they fulfill certain requirements.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:03 PM   #15
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack
(I seem to recall her thinly veiled suggestions that Bush was actually responsible for 9/11, for example)
Apparently, that was a made-up quote:

http://www.alternet.org/story/16172/

McKinney did push for an investigation into what warnings the Bush administration had of 9/11, something that should have been standard procedure.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:16 PM   #16
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Just got "The 4th District Chronicle" from the Cutest Little Communist In Congress. Just a quick glance at it...
Let's see what the little communist has to say...

Quote:
Page One: main article...just her general idiotic rantings...no surprises there
No specifics.

Quote:
Page Two: "Congress Hears Gripping Stories Of Heroism, Policy Failure and Discrimination" Hmmm...hard-hitting article perhaps? Nope. No specifics. No heroism. No discrimination. No policy failure. I guess I'm just supposed to believe it because the headline says so...
No specifics.

Quote:
On to page three:
"CONGRESSWOMAN MCKINNEY WORKING HARD FOR THE FOURTH DISTRICT" Her web site proudly proclaims of our district "The District is the most ethnically diverse district in the southeastern United States." You sure wouldn't guess that by the pictures of Congresswoman McKinney Working Hard For The 4th District. There are five pictures of Congresswoman McKinney Working Hard For The Most Ethnically Diverse District In the Southeastern United States. 35 faces can be seen in those pictures. 33 of them are black. The two white ones are the mayor of Clarkston and a white school board member. I guess I should be glad I'm not a part of the 48ish percent of her district that is not black.
Pictures of her main constituency, black people. The horror, the horror.

Quote:
Page Four...

Lots of "Legislation Introduced By Congresswoman McKinney." The watchful eye notes, though, that there's no "Legislation PASSED That Congresswoman McKinney Introduced." Hmmmm...I wonder why that is. Could it be because the rest of her colleagues, even the ones in her own party, see her for the FRUITCAKE she is???
Or probably more plausible is the fact that Republicans control a solid majority of the House, so most Democratic resolutions never even see the light of day?

Quote:
Page Six....

OH MY GOODNESS, WHAT IS THAT??? A PICTURE OF....WHITE PEOPLE!!!! Oh, never mind. That's the 9/11 Commission. The article is ripping them.
No specifics.

Quote:
Page Five...

Headline: "Congressional Office DELIVERS!!!" Lots mroe pictures of the Congressional Office DELIVERING for the various black people in the picture. Hey, there's even a photo op with C.M. and Isaac Hayes. I wonder if Ol' Isaac DELIVERED a little sumpm-sumpm to her.
The horror of more black pictures. Oh, and a sexual jab, wonderful.

Quote:
Page Seven...

Ahh....the ol' District Day schedule, with an explanation that "district days are periodic meetings planned by Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney and staff to allow for individual visits by constituents...We encourage you to attend and ask questions, raise concersn and have those questions and concerns addressed." Cool! So, when's the next one?

Oh, these are the District Days from May 2005-November 2005. Maybe Congresswoman McKinney should DELIVER a time machine to my house so I could attend some of these.
Her newsletter is a little behind. Must be a communist.

Quote:
Page Eight....
(You're not going to believe this one unless I quote it verbatim. I've also included color and relative font sizes used on the actual page.)

Just damn. Glad to see her soliciting the convicted felon vote.
I don't see anything inherently wrong about reminding someone that they can vote, even if they are felons.

So the only concrete criticism is that she sends out her newsletter with out-dated meetings on it. I can't help but think that if someone posted something this empty about Bush, that it would be ridiculed mercilessly, and rightfully so.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #17
Dutch
"Dutch"

Obviously you missed the *suggestion* that her main constituency is black and, oh by the way--remember that convicts can vote, too!

That's hilarious, yet sad. Like a burning clown.

Last edited by Dutch : 03-27-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:34 PM   #18
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

tee-hee.

You shush up MrBiggs, if it wasn't for this I would have had a hard time this week without my regular 'Tucker, GA Update.' It's not as good as ramblings on the high school football team we all know and love but it will work for me.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 PM   #19
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
tee-hee.

You shush up MrBiggs, if it wasn't for this I would have had a hard time this week without my regular 'Tucker, GA Update.' It's not as good as ramblings on the high school football team we all know and love but it will work for me.

Hot update Cringer - did you hear the 3rd string backup DT's was thinking of attending math class when spring weight training was going on ?

Last edited by Crapshoot : 03-27-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:52 PM   #20
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
Hot update Cringer - did you hear the 3rd string backup DT's was thinking of attending math class when spring weight training was going on ?

Old 03-28-2006, 12:45 AM   #21
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
Obviously you missed the *suggestion* that her main constituency is black and, oh by the way--remember that convicts can vote, too!

That's hilarious, yet sad. Like a burning clown.
Nobody made that suggestion until you did. Most felons that are ignorant of voting laws are poor, poor people tend to vote Democratic. It's interesting that the first thing you think of is to relate blacks to felons.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #22
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

The Communist Party USA was "very excited" about McKinney's campaign in '04.

http://www.cpusa.org/article/articleview/586/

That doesn't make her a communist of course, but I think it's a fun term to throw around... you know, kind of like "racist".
Old 03-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #23
Ben E Lou

Heh. I'm not going to be drawn into an argument on the initial stuff. As far as I'm concerned, it is axiomatic that McKinney's rantings are idiotic, and that her philosophy is very much communistic. Everything else from there is just laughing at her.

I also find the "core constituency" comment laughable, too. If a white politician in a district that was BARELY (very key word there that somehow MrB just completely decided to overlook) majority white posed only in pictures with white people, and only showed pictures of black people in the context of an article written to run said black people down, there'd be hell to pay. There's no arguing that.

Actually, I'm fairly sure that the 4th District also includes part of Gwinnett County, I think. I'm not even sure the *District* is majority black. DeKalb *County* is majority black by a very small margin, but the Fourth District could well only be a plurality.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:55 AM   #24
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
He wouldn't have provided any of the quotes from the newsletter, and later would have referenced something completely different to draw attention away from his initial, impossible to defend statement.

Right...someday I'll compose a tally of all the info I have provided with links and all the info you've done the same with. But I can tell you right now, you lose. Keep enjoying your ignorance, though, they do say its bliss.
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:04 AM   #25
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Wheels
Right...someday I'll compose a tally of all the info I have provided with links and all the info you've done the same with. But I can tell you right now, you lose. Keep enjoying your ignorance, though, they do say its bliss.

I eagerly await your findings.

By the way, how does it feel to think you've given a great zinger, but when you go to high-five, there's no one there to complete it?
Old 03-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #26
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:

By the way, how does it feel to think you've given a great zinger, but when you go to high-five, there's no one there to complete it?

I don't usually attempt that over the internet, causes cuts on my hand when it hits the computer screen. But if your here just to look for 'buddy strokes', more power to ya bunkie!
Old 03-28-2006, 10:15 AM   #27
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth
Nobody made that suggestion until you did. Most felons that are ignorant of voting laws are poor, poor people tend to vote Democratic. It's interesting that the first thing you think of is to relate blacks to felons.

So, if I don't directly say it, but only indirectly suggest it, it's okay in your book?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #28
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

BW, I'll high-five ya, if only to spite cartman.

Crim
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #29
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
I don't usually attempt that over the internet, causes cuts on my hand when it hits the computer screen.

I wasn't referring to your computer porn viewing habits, I was talking about high-fives.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:23 AM   #30
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Actually, I'm fairly sure that the 4th District also includes part of Gwinnett County, I think. I'm not even sure the *District* is majority black. DeKalb *County* is majority black by a very small margin, but the Fourth District could well only be a plurality.

Yay for the US Census Bureau:

Congressional District 4 (109th Congress), Georgia
Total:
White alone
Black or African American alone
American Indian and Alaska Native alone
Asian alone
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone
Some other race alone
Two or more races

White alone: 35.8%
Black/AA alone: 53.5%
AI/AN alone: 0.2%
Asian alone: 4.3%
NH/PI alone: 0.1%
Other alone: 3.9%
2+ races: 2.2%
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #31
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Next time she should get all 324 pacific islanders together for a picture. That would throw people off a little.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:34 AM   #32
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim
BW, I'll high-five ya, if only to spite cartman.

Crim

Wow, I feel 'elated.' Thanks.

Last edited by Bubba Wheels : 03-28-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #33
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Yay for the US Census Bureau:

Congressional District 4 (109th Congress), Georgia
Total:
White alone
Black or African American alone
American Indian and Alaska Native alone
Asian alone
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone
Some other race alone
Two or more races

White alone: 35.8%
Black/AA alone: 53.5%
AI/AN alone: 0.2%
Asian alone: 4.3%
NH/PI alone: 0.1%
Other alone: 3.9%
2+ races: 2.2%
Thanks for the hard numbers. That's pretty close to what I suspected, and my point holds: flip-flop those numbers for white alone and black alone as I mentioned earlier, and you have people screaming about "the most overtly racist politician since the Jim Crow era."
Old 03-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #34
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Thanks for the hard numbers. That's pretty close to what I suspected, and my point holds: flip-flop those numbers for white alone and black alone as I mentioned earlier, and you have people screaming about "the most overtly racist politician since the Jim Crow era."

Don't you know? It's impossible for a black person to be racist.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:40 PM   #35
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

Well now, that sure would be something.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #36
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
So, if I don't directly say it, but only indirectly suggest it, it's okay in your book?
Wow. I didn't get that connection at all and still don't see it... but i guess we all bring our own biases with us and that leads us to read things differently. *shurg*
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #37
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Don't you know? It's impossible for a black person to be racist.
You've obviously never met my relatives in Chicago.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #38
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I have a feeling we'll see this thread again when the next Pol-related banning comes up. Or maybe one of Bubba's.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #39
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho
I have a feeling we'll see this thread again when the next Pol-related banning comes up. Or maybe one of Bubba's.

Maybe it can be all "two for tuesday" and the thread can be started by Bubba AND have him get banned in it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #40
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Heh. I'm not going to be drawn into an argument on the initial stuff. As far as I'm concerned, it is axiomatic that McKinney's rantings are idiotic, and that her philosophy is very much communistic. Everything else from there is just laughing at her.
You keep using 'communism', I do not think you know what that word means.

Quote:
I also find the "core constituency" comment laughable, too. If a white politician in a district that was BARELY (very key word there that somehow MrB just completely decided to overlook) majority white posed only in pictures with white people, and only showed pictures of black people in the context of an article written to run said black people down, there'd be hell to pay. There's no arguing that.
Quote:
Main Entry: con·stit·u·en·cy
Pronunciation: k&n-'stich-w&n(t)-sE, -'sti-ch&-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -cies
1 a : a body of citizens entitled to elect a representative (as to a legislative or executive position) b : the residents in an electoral district c : an electoral district
2 a : a group or body that patronizes, supports, or offers representation b : the people involved in or served by an organization (as a business or institution)
The district is 53% black, 35% white. Nationally, 90% of blacks and 40% of whites generall vote Democratic. Which means that 48% of the population is black people that would vote for her and 14% of of the population is white people that would vote for her. In other words, her constituency is almost 4x black compared to white. Not barely.

As to your 'no argument' suggestion, if my Rep had all white people in her newsletter I doubt I would notice, much less go on a message board and make a rant about it and call her a communist. Out of all the wingnut Rep's out there, I'm sure one has white people in his/her newsletter, and I've never heard anything about it.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #41
wade moore
lolzcat

I think there are many people that don't truely understand what 'Communism' means.. it has taken such a warped definition in general, but especially since you need to define if you mean Marxism or Communism in the sense of what was done in Russia, China, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #42
Ben E Lou

Quote:
The district is 53% black, 35% white. Nationally, 90% of blacks and 40% of whites generall vote Democratic. Which means that 48% of the population is black people that would vote for her and 14% of of the population is white people that would vote for her. In other words, her constituency is almost 4x black compared to white. Not barely.
1. IF those numbers are right for THIS community (which I'm quite sure they're not), then you'd be saying the Congresspeople should only represent those who vote for them, not everyone in their district?

2. That ain't the way it works in DeKalb County. There are lots of middle and upper middle class blacks around here (its one of, if not, THE wealthiest majority-black area in the country), and there are also LOTS of wealthy white liberals. Those numbers might hold true in the far northern reaches of the county, where it's a more normal/stereotypical mixture of wealthy white conservatives and poor black and Latino liberals, but in the bulk of the county, a good number more blacks vote conservative than normal, and a good number more whites vote liberal than normal. This county used to be heavily majority white, so most of the white people who stayed are quite liberal.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #43
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Anyway, I don't want to get caught in an argument of minutiea where I have to defend which definition of a word I used. My only point is that your attacks are nothing but name calling. This congressman is 'inept', a 'communist', etc, because she is to the left of center. Meanwhile, you take people that have researched and pointed criticisms of what Bush has done and call them out for trolling, at best, or ban them, at worst. If someone created a post calling Bush a fascist because of one of his recent speeches, didn't include the speech, but made rambling disections of it including terms like 'idiotic rantings' and suggstions that Bush banged Condoleeza Rice, I doubt you'd accept, 'it's axiomatic' as a rationale.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #44
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Meanwhile, you take people that have researched and pointed criticisms of what Bush has done and call them out for trolling, at best, or ban them, at worst. If someone created a post calling Bush a fascist because of one of his recent speeches, didn't include the speech, but made rambling disections of it including terms like 'idiotic rantings' and suggstions that Bush banged Condoleeza Rice, I doubt you'd accept, 'it's axiomatic' as a rationale.
You're right I wouldn't. Deal with it. Can't? There is an alternative.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #45
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
I think there are many people that don't truely understand what 'Communism' means.. it has taken such a warped definition in general, but especially since you need to define if you mean Marxism or Communism in the sense of what was done in Russia, China, etc.

Agreed. This is a pet peeve of mine. Even worse is when people use Socialism, Marxism and Communism interchangably.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:35 PM   #46
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho
Agreed. This is a pet peeve of mine. Even worse is when people use Socialism, Marxism and Communism interchangably.

Yup. I went for a period of being very fascinated with what Marx's true feelings were versus what "capital C" Communism was. It's something that has always been an interesting conversation for me (and maybe worth a thread of it's own), although it's been awhile so some of the facts are somewhat hazy to me... but quite clearly the three are very different, yet more often than not like you noted are used interchnageably....

FWIW, I'm not saying anyone in this thread does or does not understand the word, but clearly we have multiple people using different definitions, therefore.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:35 PM   #47
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:

Is there a worse thing for a mod to do than to admit total mod bias for his own thoughts and those that think like him?

Unfortunately, I come here for the FOF talk and not your sophomoric political ramblings. I see that you have made a grand total of 9 posts in the Strategies section. Maybe you should find a new place to troll?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:38 PM   #48
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Is there a worse thing for a mod to do than to admit total mod bias for his own thoughts and those that think like him?

Unfortunately, I come here for the FOF talk and not your sophomoric political ramblings. I see that you have made a grand total of 9 posts in the Strategies section. Maybe you should find a new place to troll?
Once again, you're right of course. I've never posted any strategies, or game plan ideas, or drafting ideas, or test results, or findings, or dynasties, or anything else substantitive in my time at The Sideline and FOFC.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 03-28-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:38 PM   #49
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

And so continues the vast, liberal left-wing conspiracy that has plagued this board lo these many years...

JiMGA was right. . . He was riiiiiight!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 03-28-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:44 PM   #50
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Once again, you're right of course. I've never posted any strategies, or game plan ideas, or drafting ideas, or test results, or findings, or dynasties, or anything else substantitive in my time at The Sideline and FOFC.
As long as I have been around, you haven't. 9 posts in strategies (5 were within 4 days of each other), haven't posted in Dynasty forum in 2 months. But whatever, my point wasn't that you should leave FOFC, just that you were a hypocritical mod, and you already admitted it so I have nothing more to add.