Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FM: Harrogate is marching on..

to what is the question. We are now moving up to English League One play. Will we be able to adapt? Will we continue our rapid ascent? I don't know. My goal is to take us as high up as possible via whatever means necessary including relying on loan players if I can get them.

Our first season we really struggled, and I thought I was going to be fired at several points. Here is the link to that season here: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...ad.php?t=32963

In my second season, I started acquiring players including several key contributors to this day. Read about our ascension from the English Conference North here: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...ad.php?t=33340

We quickly advanced through the English Conference National in our third season and acquired another key player or two. Read about our season in which we won the English Conference National here: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...ad.php?t=33908

Then, last season we started our first year of "truly professional" football in League Two play. We thought we would struggle quite a bit, and we did early, but the acquisition of several season long loan players helped bolster the base talent that we already had. We eventually rose to the top of League Two towards the end of the season and won the league gaining valuable money and promotion to League One. You can read about last season here: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...ad.php?t=34430

That brings us to our fifth season. My status has risen over the past few years and when I started this dynasty I said that I would leave for three teams: Manchester United, Arsenal, and Chelsea. I'd like to add one team to the list. Liverpool has consistently played very well in the EPL (always a top 4 team) and I would be too tempted by their offer as well. All other teams I plan on denying if they offer the job (despite my serious flirtation with QPR last year.)

So to summarize the very end of last year:

Greg Kelly was selected our player of the year (again)

We were just given 550,000 dollars for League One TV rights.

We are expected to battle bravely against relegation this year.

Now we'll progress into the rest of June and follow the developments as they occur this season.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 06:28 PM   #2
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Any recommendations for me? I'll likely get this game on Monday from Mizzourah. Could you recommend any settings or a team for me to start with?
Old 01-28-2005, 06:38 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 25, 2008 -

Colin Hunter has officially retired from professional football.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:59 PM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Any recommendations for me? I'll likely get this game on Monday from Mizzourah. Could you recommend any settings or a team for me to start with?

As far as settings, it really depends upon your system and how powerful it is in regards to number of leagues, database size, etc.

Other settings are purely cosmetic, such as dollars versus other currency. Or you can change if you want your players salaries listed as weekly, monthly, or annual numbers. All personal choice.

If this is your first time ever playing CM/FM, I recommend starting with a good team that should be fun to play in one of the lower leagues. This was recommended to me and I'm glad it was as I had a lot of fun with Hull and learned much from managing them. They aren't down in league 2 like they were when I took them over, but I just find them to be a fun team to manage. However, I think there are probably plenty of opinions and plenty of people who could tell you what the best team is to start with for the newbie in this verison. I picked Harrogate for a challenge and just used the random lower league team picker.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
Poli
FOFC Survivor

So I need a new computer? Mine is an 800 Mhz.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:12 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not necessarily, how much RAM do you have?
Old 01-28-2005, 07:14 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

600 Mhz is the official lowest processor speed.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:25 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 1st, 2008 -

Mark Atkins has retired from football.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:25 PM   #9
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I want to say 128 RAM, but I don't know. Sorry to threadjack, but I knew you'd help me.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I don't mind "the threadjack" at all. I've always maintained this is a dynasty open to any and all questions

128 MB of ram is the official minimum. The game will run, but my *guess* is that it will be fairly slow even with just 1 league and a small database. If you can add RAM, that would help your performance quite a bit (assuming it is only 128 MB currently.)
Old 01-28-2005, 07:37 PM   #11
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well...I have been thinking of getting a new computer. I guess this is as good of a reason as any. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-28-2005, 07:45 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 1, 2008 -

Liverpool's David Mannix has been released by the club!!! I'm going after him!

I immediately ask the board how much I can offer for him. They shock me by saying 2200 dollars/week

I was able to offer players 4-5 thousand last year. Why so little now?

I decide to offer 2200/week, 20,000 in a signing bonus, 440/assist, 20% annual raise, 10% promotion raise, and 800,000 release clause

Liverpool has also released striker Karl Noon whom I've been watching. He is on 21 and has considerable talent. I decide to contact his agent to see if he is interested in coming to play here.

The club will only allow me to offer him 2200/week as well. I offer him almost the same deal.. 2200/week, 30,000 signing bonus, 440/goal, 440/assist, 3.6 million release clause (that is what he asked for), 10% annual raise, 10% promotion raise.

Jason Kennedy has been released by Middlesbrough. I decide to pursue him as well. He is flat out telling me that he has no interest in coming here, but I decide to offer him a deal anyway. I offer him 2,000/week, 10,000 signing bonus, and 440/goal, as well as a 10% annual raise.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:47 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well...I have been thinking of getting a new computer. I guess this is as good of a reason as any. Thanks for the help!

No problem. Just for reference, my laptop is 2.2 Giga Hertz, 512 MB of ram and runs 6 leagues with a medium database at a nice smooth pace. I could run plenty more, but it would be slower of course.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:49 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 2nd, 2008 -

The Hibs have offered Karl Noon a contract.

Bristol City (also league One) have made an offer to David Mannix
Old 01-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 5th, 2008 -

Man City have accepted my request to loan out Paul McShane for the season. Hopefully, he agrees to come join us for the season again.

Crystal Palace have accepted a loan offer (season long) for Tom Soares a 21 year old attacking midfielder (I see him rotating with Kelly to keep both fresh)

Kennedy said there is no way he would come play for Harrogate as he feels he belongs on a better team. That prick.

YES! Middlesbrough has agreed to loan out James Morrison for the year!!! This is a 22 year old attacking midfielder/right winger who would immediately become the starter on the right wing. I might rotate him in with Kelly some as well. This guy would be the best player we've ever had if my scout can be believed. Truly a top notch player.

I just hope all of these players agree to come to the club..
Old 01-28-2005, 08:16 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 7th, 2008 -

Paul McShane agreed to come join us for the year and has done so.

Tom Soares the 21 year old attacking midfielder from Crystal Palace has agreed to come join us for the year and has done so.

Karl Noon rejected our offer and chose to go to Hibs instead.

Mannix chose to go to Bristol city our League One rivals instead of come play for us

Middlesbrough's James Morrison refused to come on loan for us as he feels he should be going on loan to a higher quality club.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:40 PM   #17
jbmagic
Pro Starter

how many players are original player from season 1 that left?

great Dynasty..your doing great
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:05 PM   #18
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
No problem. Just for reference, my laptop is 2.2 Giga Hertz, 512 MB of ram and runs 6 leagues with a medium database at a nice smooth pace. I could run plenty more, but it would be slower of course.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:20 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 7th, 2008 -

Going to do a brief report on my friendlies..

Today we are playing Kettering (English conference National). In the 2nd minute, Surey tripped a guy in our own box drawing a penalty which O'connor couldn't stop Holyoak from converting.

In the 5th minute, O'connor bobbled a shot by Diuk which allowed Diuk to bury the rebound for a 2nd goal.

In the 37th minute, Smyth received a nice pass from Surey and then he crosses it to Kelly in the center of the box.. whose first shot was blocked by Rutherford the keeper, but Kelly beat him with the rebound shot to make it 2-1.

I sub in the entire second team at halftime as we are down 2-1, but I just want my guys to start getting in shape this game.

I've seen Scarsella make quite a few saves in the second half. Soares gets called for a trip at the 70 minute mark giving them a penalty.. Scarsella stopped Holyoak's shot, but Nardiello shot in the rebound for the third goal.

We lost our first friendly this year 3-1.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:30 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
how many players are original player from season 1 that left?

great Dynasty..your doing great

That is a good question.. counting now:

Andrew Wright is an original that will likely still start. He is now 29, and he has really blossomed over the years as a good left winger.

Andy Farrell is strictly a backup striker, but he was key in our first year. He is now 24.

Grant Black my right fullback is still a big part of the team. Morley will likely start a bit more this year than Black, but Black will still start plenty too.

Mark Barnard is still going to play quite a bit for me. He is 32 now, and has been my starting left fullback for a long time. I need to replace him as his skills are dwindling and he won't be good enough at this level I suspect. He started to falter some in League Two last year.

Christian Fox is strictly a backup now, and is currently out of contract. He is considering signing a new deal to be my backup right winger.

Paul Shepherd is out of contract. He is considering an offer from Worcester, but he is also considering staying with our team as a backup.

Richard Dunning is strictly a backup now.

Dominique Krief is strictly a backup.

Lee Morris is strictly a backup

Marc Smith is a good young fullback.. just not good enough to play in League One.

It looks like I still have 10 originals (although that could drop to 8 very soon.)

Atkins retired this year along with Hunter who were both originals.

However, I'd say only Black and Wright will get significant PT this year. I hope Barnard won't (I'm going to try playing Barnett at left fullback quite a bit and hope he will play it without complaining too much.)
Old 01-28-2005, 11:30 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks!

You are welcome.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:54 PM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 10th, 2008 -

Paul Shepherd chose to go to Worcester (league 2) rather than stay with the team as a backup.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:04 AM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 12th, 2008 -

I decided to pursue several young players who I feel could develop into something good based on my scouting. Fortunately, most of them are accepting as they wish to come play for such a good manager according to their quotes.

The first is David Phillips. He is a young (17 years old) very fast defensive midfielder who was released by Bolton of the EPL in the beginning of July. Phillips has many things he needs to develop, but he appears to be a hard worker, who plays aggressive, and has excellent physical skills.

Mick Palmer is also a defensive midfielder who is also 17. He is also VERY fast. He has excellent physical attributes.. good flair in his play. He has good mental attributes. He needs to develop techincally, but he is only 17. He was released by Crystal Palace earlier in the month.

Finally, David Birchall signed. He is ALSO a 17 year old defensive midfielder. He is not as fast, but he is a good defender already. At least in so far that his technical skills are well developed, but he needs to develop better positioning.

I signed them all to deals for about 130 dollars/week. Hopefully, one (or more) develops into a very useful player.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:37 AM   #24
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Are there any players you are considering loaning out (what a change that would be)?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:09 AM   #25
daedalus
Pro Rookie

In a way, I'm happy you're staying with Harrogate since I like the continuity. In another, their unwillingness to increase the budget would irritate the heck out of me, if I was playing.

Have you tried requesting for an increase in the wage or transfer budget?
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
In a way, I'm happy you're staying with Harrogate since I like the continuity. In another, their unwillingness to increase the budget would irritate the heck out of me, if I was playing.

Have you tried requesting for an increase in the wage or transfer budget?

Yes. I've requested a wage budget increase and was denied. I've been very tempted to issue an ultimatum with all of my requests being denied.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Are there any players you are considering loaning out (what a change that would be)?

I lent out Marc Smith last year. I'd lend him or just about any of my reserve players if a team shows interest.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 12, 2008 -

Dean Davies an 18 year old defensive midfielder told me he has no intention to come play for us despite not being on any team currently.

He felt we should offer him 1200 dollars/week and a starter's role. I had offered him 700 and a rotation role. I decide to offer him a trial so I can see what he can do in action. It will be interesting to see if he accepts.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:31 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 13th, 2008 -

Young Kyle Wallwork just accepted my contract offer. Kyle is a left fullback who could be the eventual successor to Mark Barnard. My biggest question is does he have enough speed. That will be determined. What is clear from the tape that I've seen is that he is he one of the hardest workers on the pitch, he has great determination, he is afraid of no one, and he has excellent tackling form. He could develop into a starter at left fullback for us.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:32 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Kyle was just recently released by Manchester United where he ok in a few exhibition games.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:49 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 13, 2008 -

Today we played Sutton Utd in a friendly. The plan was starters to play 45 minutes again with reserves in the 2nd 45 minutes.

Collett picked up an injury at the 25 minute mark, hopefully it isn't serious. I put Davies on for him.

We mostly controlled possession and pressed the attack in the 1st half, but their defense and keeper stopped us from scoring.

I put in the entire second team at halftime.

I'm going to be particularly interested to see how Birchall does in the 2nd half.

We pressed the attack most of the game, but never scored.

Everyone looked good. O'connor and Scarsella both looked especially good. My guys already look like they are in good game shape. They aren't getting winded much (of course that could be from them not exerting themselves as hard as they could.)
Old 01-29-2005, 05:53 PM   #32
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Collett damaged ankle ligaments in this game and will miss approximately 3 weeks.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 14, 2008 -

Darren Hawkins a 24 year old right winger/attacking midfielder has rejected offers from several league two teams to come sign with me after being released by Cardiff. I know that several teams have given up on him, but my scout really likes several qualities that he brings to the table.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:12 PM   #34
Desnudo
Coordinator

Are you still scouting mainly in the UK?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:52 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Are you still scouting mainly in the UK?

Yes, almost exclusively.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:25 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 16, 2008 -

Today we are playing Scunthorpe in a friendly match.

Andrew Middlebrook scored at the 23 minute mark with a header after a great corner kick.

Kelly passes to Palmer just outside the box, and Palmer had an amazing dribble between three defenders and buried a shot into the lower left corner at the 33 minute mark.

At the 35 minute mark, Palmer passes it to Smyth just outside the box and Smyth quickly unleashed a powerful 25 footer into the upper right corner for a goal.

At the 44 minute mark, O'Connor let in a soft goal on a shot by Marc Newsham.

It was 2-2 at the half, and I brought in my entire second team.

At the 66 minute mark, Hayes crossed to Woolley who headed it to Jackson who kicked it in for the goal. Nice play finished by a nice shot from Mark Jackson.

WE lost the game 3-2.

Jermaine Palmer and Greg Kelly looked very good. Mick Palmer looked somewhat bad. Everyone else was solid.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:31 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 17, 2008 -

Dean Davies has agreed to come to the club on a trial period. If I like what I see the 18 year old could get the 1100 dollar/week contract that he wants.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:51 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 19th, 2008 -

Today we are playing Stockport in our 2nd to last friendly. Dean Davies (our trial player) will get the start at our center midfield spot to see what he can do with the first team.

Both keepers with a few nice saves in the 1st half to keep the score 0-0.

I bring in the entire second team in the 2nd half.

Their keeper made several big saves in the 2nd half.

The game ended in a 0-0 tie. Everyone played well. Tom Baker played left wing particularly well.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:04 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 22, 2008 -

Richard Dunning has chosen to go to Farnborough (English Conference National) rather than stay with us as a reserve.

OH YEAH!!! Aston Villa's Craig Gardner has agreed to come join the team on loan for the season!!!! This player would appear to be a classy attacking midfielder who will be better than just about any of our players. The only problem is that the position is overstocked with Kelly and Soares, but Gardner is likely better than them both. He is a little slower than Kelly, but he is a deadly shooter. Our scout believes he is a supremely gifted techinical player who has excellent mental attributes across the board as well. He is currently valued at 2.4 million dollars, and I think he could be a BIG factor in making sure we don't get relegated.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-29-2005 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:29 PM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

For our final friendly we play Ballymena Utd of Northern Ireland. I'm going to give Kelly the game off and try the new kid in at AMC to start.

At the 33 minute mark, Mike Davies fed a long ball down the right sideline which Palmer received, dribbled into the box, and then buried into the lower right corner.

At the 40 minute mark, O'Connor made a nice flurry of saves.

With a 1-0 lead at the half, I sub in the 2nd team.

At the 86 minute mark, Birchall stole the ball at midfield and played a nice through ball to Soares who ran into the box to his right and then shot it into the lower left corner for the goal.

We won the game 2-0.

O'Connor, Dean Davies, Barnard, Mike Davies, Black, and Tom Baker all had very good games. The rest of the team was solid.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:56 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 29, 2008 -

Tough break for the team today as Stuart Wall sustained a torn groin muscle during training. He is expected to miss at least 4 weeks. The physio is recommending surgery which would put him out 4 to 6 months, but I'm going to hope he can recover without surgery.

We have been given 40-1 odds to be promoted and most experts believe we are very likely to be relegated from League One.

Oldham, Luton, Wall are all 7-4 co-favorites to be promoted. Swansea, Norwich, and Tranmere are all given 2-1 odds to be promoted.

After our training session today a reporter asked us if we are going to have to Bolster our squad in order to avoid relegation. I chose to respond, Definitely not, we have the players to keep us up this season.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-29-2005 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:02 AM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 29, 2008 -

After watching Davies play and realizing he is only 19, I decide that he could become a very good player for us. I offer him the 1150 he is now requesting, but let him know that he will be rotating some with Surey.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:06 AM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 30, 2008 -

Dean Davies accepted my contract offer. I wonder if we are going to be relegated, but I like some of the young talent we have added in the last few weeks.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:16 AM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug. 1, 2008 -

Not a good draw for us in the 1st round of the English League Cup. We will be hosting Rotherham. They are in the Championship League.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:26 AM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 2, 2008 -

It's time to RUMBLE! Well maybe not. However, we have our first League One game at Bournemouth today. Bournemouth were relegated from the Championship last year. As a result, they have a very good talent base. Striker Andrea Conte is an 18 year old from Italy who looks like a future star but is already dangerous as far as I'm concerned. James Coutts is a 21 year old class attacking midfielder who could easily burn us if we aren't careful. Nicky Weaver is a 29 year old keeper who isn't quite as talented as I expected at this level, but he isn't a slouch either. Centreback Youl Mawene is a hard hitting intimidator who our forwards will have to keep an eye on.

They are 4-7 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the high 70's today.

We've never played this team before.

GK: O'Connor
DL: Barnard
DC: McShane
DC: Craig Morgan (since Wall is injured)
DR: Morley
ML: Wright
MC: Dean Davies (just a hunch the kid is going to play well)
DR: Mike Davies (for the injured Collett)
AMC: Greg Kelly
SC: Smyth
SC: Gardner (too talented not to play - will try him at this position as I think he has all the talent to be a phenomenal striker)

S1: Scarsella
S2: Palmer
S3: Barnett
S4: Surey
S5: Darren Hawkins (talented right winger who I almost started)
Old 01-30-2005, 12:51 AM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

20 second mark (GULP!) : Keegan steals it at midfield from us.. passes it to Reid.. Danny Reid fakes going right.. goes left.. shoots.. upper left corner.. it's past the diving O'Connor.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

1 minute mark: Keegan steals it at midfield from Kelly.. passes it to Coutts who fakes left.. dribbles right.. shoots a blistering shot into the upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 2-0.. Definitely not the start I wanted (but the one that I feared might happen.)

6 minute mark: O'Connor with a nice save of a shot by Conte.

9 minute mark: Keegan steals it at midfield.. passes it to Dawson on the left wing.. Dawson dribbles into the box.. shoots.. it deflects off Craig Morgan.. past O'Connor. GOAL. Down 3-0.

29 minute mark: Their centrebacks are repeatedly shutting down Kelly.

32 minute mark: McShane makes a nice play on Conte.

34 minute mark: Wright gets a yellow card for a trip on Cooke.

Down 3-0 at the half

49 minute mark: kelly gets the ball at midfield.. passes it to Gardner who is alone in the box.. being chased by a defender.. has to shoot.. barely wide left.

53 minute mark: Sweeney with a beautifully curving cross pass.. it looekd like it was going to go behind the net before it curved back in bounds.. Stephen Cooke heads it by the far post.. into the goal. GOAL. Down 4-0

55 minute mark: Cooke gets a shot on goal from 15 yards out.. O'Connor blocks it.. Conte gets the rebound and puts it into the upper left hand corner.. GOAL. Down 5-0.

65 minute mark: Kelly injures Keegan with a hard tackle.

71 minute mark: McShane bodychecks Conte injuring him.

72 minute mark: Palmer on for Gardner, Hawkins on for Mike Davies at RW, and Surey on for Dean Davies at MC.

Game over. 5-0 defeat. We were beat in every phase of the game. No one played well. Dean Davies and Gardner both played particularly bad getting 5's for form.

We were outshot 22-3 (12-0 on goal)

Peter Sweeney won MoM, 18 of 27 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 0 of 2 headers, 5 interceptions, 5 runs, 1 assist, 10 for form.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:19 AM   #47
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
20 second mark (GULP!) : Keegan steals it at midfield from us.. passes it to Reid.. Danny Reid fakes going right.. goes left.. shoots.. upper left corner.. it's past the diving O'Connor.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

1 minute mark: Keegan steals it at midfield from Kelly.. passes it to Coutts who fakes left.. dribbles right.. shoots a blistering shot into the upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 2-0.. Definitely not the start I wanted (but the one that I feared might happen.)

9 minute mark: Keegan steals it at midfield.. passes it to Dawson on the left wing.. Dawson dribbles into the box.. shoots.. it deflects off Craig Morgan.. past O'Connor. GOAL. Down 3-0.

....uhhh, I'm scared for you... "battle bravely"
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:09 AM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 6, 2008 -

Wycombe (league two) has offered 30,000 dollars for Craig Morgan. I know that Morgan is unhappy with how I've been using him, but I'm not prepared to sell him (at least not that cheaply nor while Wall is injured) so I decline that offer.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:10 AM   #49
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper
....uhhh, I'm scared for you... "battle bravely"

I'm scared for me too

They weren't even one of the favorites to be promoted. Hopefully, it was just a fluky game..
Old 01-30-2005, 03:16 AM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug. 6, 2008 -

Today we travel to play Rushden who are currently 17th in the league. Last year they finished 13th in league one. They have a dangerous striker in Keigan Parker who can score any time he touches the ball. Midfielder Luke Wilkshire is a creative player. Centreback Steve Rowland is excellent at marking the opposition's best striker and shutting him down. Keeper Michael Ingham is average.

We've never played them before.

They are 4-5 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the high 70's.

GK: O'Connor
DL: Barnard
DC: McShane
DC: Craig Morgan
DR: Morley
ML: Wright
MC: Surey
MR: Hawkins
AMC: Kelly
SC: Smyth
SC: Palmer

S1: Scarsella