Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2003, 01:45 PM   #1
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC Boxing Begins

I will use this tread to post info on the fighters. It allows readers to avoid the tediousness of creating the boxer.

Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 01:46 PM   #2
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pacho O'Kelly

The FOFC Gym is pleased to Announce they have added a new boxer to the stable. Pancho O’Kelly, a quick but tough fighter will begin training immediately and should have a fight scheduled in about 10 days. O’Kelly, who is 5’10” and around 150 lbs, has some of the same abilities as “Fast Eddie” Ottwell, and will be working closely with the 6 – 0 23rd ranked Superwelter weight.

“O’Kelly is a good looking young fighter,” explained trainer Joe Bagadonuts. “He has quick hands and good footwork. Hopefully, that will translate into a lot of wins for him and a lot of money for us.”

Assistant Trainer Mac Aroni, who started professional fighting at 9 and has a lifetime record of 4 wins 126 losses (125 by KO) said, “He’s your typical Latino/ Irish boxer.”
Old 06-13-2003, 02:02 PM   #3
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Joe O'Kelly

The FOFC Gym has just announced the signing of Joe Joe O'Kelly. Joe Joe is Pancho's half brother and a giant of a man. Unlike his kin, the 6'7" 285 lb. boxer is a slow, lumbering tree, but his size is intimidating and will undoubtedly cause opponents problems.

"It's hard to believe Pancho and Joe Joe are related," states trainer Joe Bagadonuts. "Joe Joe's mama must be one huge woman."

Assistant trainer Mac Aroni commented,"He isn't so scary, I could take him."

However, following his comment, Mac was knocked out by Joe Joe's handshake.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:13 PM   #4
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

"Cuts like a Razor" Blade

The FOFC Gym, in an effort to increase their revenues have expanded their operations. Recently, they signed Panco and Joe Joe O'Kelly. Now they have signed another Heavyweight - Blade.

Blade, who will go by "Cuts like a Razor" Blade, to prevent confussion with another fighter in the league, weighs in around 205, but he is strong and moves pretty well.

"The real key in the Heavyweight division is avoiding the early KO," states Joe Bagadonuts. "I think this kid can do that...then tear up the fat bastards who can't go more than a couple rounds without losing their cookies."

Assitant trainer Mac Aroni was unavailable for comment, he is still unconcious after shaking hands with Joe Joe.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:50 PM   #5
bertogarce
Mascot

Looking forward to this dynasty! Hoping Pancho O'Kelly will one day be included in the list of great Irish/Latino fighters.
bertogarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 07:07 PM   #6
Blade
College Prospect

Yep, I am looking forward to this too! Hopefully I have more luck here than I have in the Winston Cup Dynasty!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 05:53 AM   #7
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pancho O'Kelly

The FOFC Gym reports Pancho O'Kelly's first opponent has been determined. The 5'10" 153 lb boxer will square off on Wednesday, June 18th, against the Talon Gym's "The Bicentennial Gift Clincher" who stands 5 feet 1 inch (154 centimeters) and reported weighs 155 lbs.

"This is a tough draw for us," exclaims Joe Bagadonuts. "Talon Gym has produced many title holding fighters, so you know this guy wont make stupid mistakes. Plus he's a "mighty midget". It's tought to fight plan a guy who's only 5'1", and in this case - it is his first fight, so we don't have a track record to see what he likes to do. Usually short fighters are extremely strong and very well conditioned. They like to get you early or wear you out and punish you late. We are going to assume that's what The Bicentennial Gift Clincher is going to try to do to us. We'll try to use our height, reach and speed advantage - get a lead and sit on it."

Last edited by Breeze : 06-16-2003 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:11 AM   #8
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Bertograce,

As you can read in the above PR, your opponent is going to be extremely strong. I will develop your fight plan, but I'd like to get an idea on how you want to proceed.

The way the game works is....

You have 20 points to distribute each round. The points are divided into 4 parts:

Aggressiveness - (punches thrown)
Power - (how many power punches vs Jabs)
Defense - (block punches)
Rest - (recoup energy)

Typically a boxer like yours (speed/agg) will use a 7/3/10/0 setting. Rest is usually only applied if your fighter reports he's tired between rounds.

I also need to know what style you want to use. Options are:

Outside (using hand speed and jabs)
Ring (using footwork and jabs)
----these two are your best options-----

However, you can go with -

Inside (standing toe to toe)
Ropes (dancing around the ring and cornering your opponent)
Clinch (toe to toe - tieing up opponent periodically)
Counter (counter punch)
feint (duck, dodge and punch)

The other option is to tell me where you want to concentrate your training.

Any of the catagories are available: (Str, Speed, Chin, KO, Ag, Con).

I would suggest not choosing Str or KO (even if you train these your opponent will still be better in those catagories).

Since he is probably going to pound on you...I would probably choose Chin or Conditioning to weather the storm. But you could choose to improve on one your better abilities (speed/Ag).

Take some time to think about the training part...but get me the info on how you want to develop the fight plan. That will give me time to design it, and it will allow me to have your fighter spar a few times.

Last edited by Breeze : 06-16-2003 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:28 AM   #9
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

"Cuts like a Razor" Blade

Cuts like a Razor Blade's first fight is scheduled for Friday, June 20th, against No Fear Gym's Hard Crush. Hard measures 5'11" and weighs about 254 lbs. This will also be Hard's first fight.

More information to come later in the week.

(Blade feel free to use the information in Bertogarce's above note to get an idea of what you want to do. Just a guess, but I think Hard Crush is going to be an inside pounder).
Old 06-16-2003, 06:40 AM   #10
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders

The FOFC Gym has added their first Lightweight boxer by signing Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders. The 6' 175 lb boxer gives the FOFC their 4th new boxer in the last week.

"Hurricane has a nice combination of Speed, Strength and Agility," reports trainer Joe. "He could have a nice run in the Lightheavy division, as long as he can make weight."

(Sterling - I had to drop your str by 1 and up ag by 1 to make the lightheavy division)
Old 06-16-2003, 11:56 AM   #11
Blade
College Prospect

Re: "Cuts like a Razor" Blade

Quote:
Originally posted by Breeze
(Blade feel free to use the information in Bertogarce's above note to get an idea of what you want to do. Just a guess, but I think Hard Crush is going to be an inside pounder).

Breeze,

I am a little confused as to what you need from me to prepare the fight plan. Do you need to know the style we are going to use and the stat we will concentrate on, or just one or the other?

Old 06-16-2003, 12:36 PM   #12
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry about the confusion.

There are actually 3 parts:

1) what stat you want to train (Usually I'll give you a scouting report on your opponent, but this is going to be his first fight - so it's anybody's guess what he will do. Typically though, we'll be able to use the scouting report to figure out which stat will be the best to train).

2) What style of fight you want to use:

Outside (using hand speed and jabs)
Ring (using footwork and jabs)
Inside (standing toe to toe)
Ropes (dancing around the ring and cornering your opponent)
Clinch (toe to toe - tieing up opponent periodically)
Counter (counter punch)
Feint (duck, dodge and punch)

I'll narrow down the choices to make sure you use a style which best fits your fighter and best maximizes his chances against his opponent (again this is a first fight...so we'll just use your strength)

3) how you want to split up your 20 points per round:

Points must be split between:

Aggressiveness (how hard you will work)
Power (how hard you'll hit)
Defense (blocking blows)
Rest (recoup energy)

I'll give you more advice in the next couple of days. I have to develope a fight plan for Pancho first.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:58 PM   #13
Blade
College Prospect

Ok, so I shouldn't make any choices until you give me some advice?

Just want to make sure I do not hold you up at all...

Old 06-16-2003, 04:21 PM   #14
bertogarce
Mascot

Strategy for Pancho O'Kelly v. The Bicentennial Gift Clincher

Wow, nothing like fighting a 5'1 guy for your first fight. What an unconventional first opponent.

Since I'm relatively new to this, I'll take your recommendation for the Aggressiveness, Power Defense and Rest ratings. I'll go ahead and go with 7-3-10-0.

I'm really torn on whether to go outside or ring. On the one hand, I put a lot emphasis on speed, but on the other hand I also put quite a bit of emphasis on footwork. Hmmm. Upon further contemplation, let's go ahead and go with outside. Hopefully we can use the reach to our advantage.

For training, I say we go with chin. As your scouting reports indicate, smaller guys like our opponent tend to rely on power. We'll need to withstand his barrage.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Last edited by bertogarce : 06-16-2003 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:43 PM   #15
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

bertograce,

Sounds good. I may switch you between ring and outside based on how the fight is going.

I've run 2 sparing matches against 5'1" opponents. Both time you were training conditioning. One time you won in a decission, but it wasn't close (although you nearly got knocked out in the 8th). The second time you knocked him out in the 10th. I run a couple with you training chin and see how it goes (probably wont be different).

Your actual opponent will adjust to what you are trying to do, so he'll be much better than your sparing partners.

Last edited by Breeze : 06-16-2003 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:18 PM   #16
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Bertograce,

Ran the sparing matches training Chin, and as I expected there wasn't much difference. You won both by KO. Once in the 12th, once in the 11th. Both times you were nearly knocked down (but that's not that unusual).

Let me know if you still want to train Chin.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:20 PM   #17
bertogarce
Mascot

Breeze, it seems as if chin and conditioning are giving the same results during sparing. Let me go ahead and make a change and train for conditioning. Just have a better feeling about that.

Thanks again for letting me be part of this dynasty.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:55 AM   #18
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Blade,

I have checked you opponent again, and still have no idea how he is going to attack.

As far as training...you should probably stay away from Chin & KO. Any of the other 4 would be fine.

Fighting style...I think I would start by trying to cut off the ring on him (ropes style). However, your fighter is capable of any style (although Clinch probably isn't a good idea). If you prefer to start of conservative we can go with outside or ring...then try to come in later.

For your round points....you should consider working off of 5/6/9 maybe even start 5/4/11 or 5/5/10.

One more thing I forgot to mention. You have the ability to target certain areas, i.e. - Head shots - to get a KO (works better late in a fight) Body Blows - to wear opponent out. I wouldn't recommend using either. I think your opponent will be better conditioned and stronger (just a guess), so I'd go with straight punches to maximize points.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:01 AM   #19
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Blade,

Just had an breakthrough. I think your opponent will be a clincher. He is extremely heavy, and to get that heavy his agility has to be real low and his strength real high. I would definately go with ring or ropes.

In the two sparing fights...you won with a 1st round KO and a 9th round KO.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:26 AM   #20
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Saint,

Joe Joe has basically 3 options - fight inside, clinch or a plan which involves doing very little work for a couple of rounds then going all out looking for a KO. If you don't get it - you go back to resting for a couple rounds then try allout again.

Your opponent is a well balanced boxer (probably similar to Blade's). I'm not sure what he is going to do...but my guess is he'll see your fighters size and assume clincher (like I did with Blade's opponent). That means he'll probably attack you with a jab. I've run 2 sparing matches for Joe Joe. In the first I figured the opponent would come inside - in that senerio you KOed him in the 9th. In the second I set him up to be an outside fighter and he KOed Joe Joe in the 10th.

With the outside fighter Joe Joe got very tired by the 8th round and was exhausted by the 10th. Training Conditioning will help that a little, plus taking a couple rounds off will help (but probably force you to win by KO). You can train any catagory...let me know which you want to do.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:33 AM   #21
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Jace Hunter

The FOFC Gym signed Jace Hunter, a 6'2" 240 lb heavyweight today. Jace makes the 3rd Heavyweight and the 5th fighter signed by Trainer and Gym owner Joe Bagadonuts.

Joe said, "Jace is a well balanced Heavyweight. He will be fun to fight plan with, because he is capable of fighting inside or outside. Hopefully, we got him signed in time to fight on Saturday."

Assistant Trainer Mac Aroni is still unavailable for comment. Mac suffered a sevear head injury while shaking hands with FOFC giant heavyweight Joe Joe O'Kelly. Joe Bagadonuts is considering taking him to the hospital for examination.

"It Mac doesn't come to in the next couple days I'll probably run him to the hospital," stated Joe. "He's been out before, but I think this is a record. Who knows...if our new fighters do well, maybe we'll even have the money to take him to the ER."
Old 06-17-2003, 07:29 AM   #22
Blade
College Prospect

Breeze,

For my match, I would like to concentrate on the following:

I would like to train Agility...I would like my guy to have some fancy footwork!

Ropes sounds great to me for a strategy.

For round points, I would like to start 5/5/10.

And your suggestion about straight punches sounds great to me!

Can't wait for the fight!!!

Old 06-17-2003, 08:09 AM   #23
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Blade,

I'll develop your fight plan tonight.

Breeze
Old 06-17-2003, 10:37 AM   #24
SaintAnselm
n00b

Breeze,

With you seemingly having a fair amount of experience with the game I am happy going by your reccomendations. I you concur, the strategy of resting and then going for a KO and then resting again sounds good. It also seems like we would be best off training conditioning. Let me know.
SaintAnselm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 11:07 AM   #25
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Am I still in this? I can't find myself anywhere. I probably already got my ass kicked and retired...
Old 06-17-2003, 11:56 AM   #26
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Afoci,

I added some more information to the Boxing Anyone thread, and I wanted you to check it out before creating your boxer. Take a look and see if you want to adjust any stats before I add you to the gym.

Breeze

Last edited by Breeze : 06-17-2003 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:34 PM   #27
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

The FOFC Gym has signed their 6th fighter and 4 heavyweight in the last week. This time the fighter is 6'2" 220 lb Les "their" Cherries.

Trainer Joe Bagadonuts said, "Cherries is a nice balanced fighter with good feet and quick hands for a heavyweight. Blade, Hunter and Cherries will be able to learn from each others mistakes and should help make each other better."

The Gym is hoping Cherries gets his first fight this week.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:18 AM   #28
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pancho O'Kelly Makes His Pro Debut

Pancho O'Kelly made his pro debut last night against the Bicentenial Gift Clincher. It was an interesting fight.

Round by Round results:

ROUND 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O`Kelly backpedals. (outside)
Clincher is clinching a lot. (clinching)

According to the Commentators:

Pacho O`Kelly landed 27 of 44 punches -- 4 power punches, 19 jabs, 4 rights. (66 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 12 of 36 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (43 points)

Pacho O`Kelly won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 10-9.

O`Kelly doesn't need to rest.

Clincher doesn't need to rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 2

Pacho O`Kelly landed 30 of 47 punches -- 4 power punches, 22 jabs, 4 rights. (72 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 11 of 33 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (41 points)

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

Pacho O`Kelly landed 29 of 42 punches -- 4 power punches, 21 jabs, 4 rights. (70 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 9 of 36 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (34 points)

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 30-27.

ROUND 4

Clincher goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Pacho O`Kelly landed 29 of 44 punches -- 4 power punches, 21 jabs, 4 rights. (70 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 12 of 43 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (44 points)

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 40-36.

O`Kelly remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Pacho O`Kelly landed 16 of 28 punches -- 4 power punches, 8 jabs, 4 rights. (44 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 9 of 39 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)

Pacho O`Kelly won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 50-45.

O`Kelly remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 6

Pacho O`Kelly landed 17 of 27 punches -- 4 power punches, 9 jabs, 4 rights. (46 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 9 of 40 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 60-54.

O`Kelly grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

Clincher remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 7

Clincher smashes O`Kelly with a painful hook to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!! O`Kelly grimaces in pain.

Pacho O`Kelly landed 5 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 3 jabs, 1 right. (13 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 13 of 45 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (48 points)

The Bicentennial Gift Clincher won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 69-64.

ROUND 8

Pacho O`Kelly landed 5 of 10 punches -- 1 power punch, 3 jabs, 1 right. (13 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 11 of 48 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (40 points)

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 78-74.

ROUND 9

Clincher is throwing big punches. (inside)

Pacho O`Kelly landed 5 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 3 jabs, 1 right. (13 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 11 of 44 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (41 points)

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 87-84.

O`Kelly is obviously tired. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 10

Pacho O`Kelly landed 17 of 26 punches -- 4 power punches, 9 jabs, 4 rights. (46 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 10 of 49 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (37 points)

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 97-93.

O`Kelly is obviously tired. He has swelling around his left eye.

Clincher grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 11

Clincher jars O`Kelly with a head butt! The Ref must be blind!

Clincher clocks O`Kelly with an excellent roundhouse to the mouth. O`Kelly supports himself on the ropes! He's hurt!!!

Pacho O`Kelly landed 9 of 21 punches -- 2 power punches, 5 jabs, 2 rights. (24 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 12 of 48 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (45 points)

The Bicentennial Gift Clincher won the round 10-9 by stunning O`Kelly.

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 106-103.

O`Kelly is obviously tired. He has his left eye badly swollen.

Clincher grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 12

Clincher throws everything he's got! (all out)

Clincher wallops O`Kelly with a big sweeping right to the head!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Clincher lands a wicked haymaker and O`Kelly drops like a stone!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

O`Kelly doesn't look like he'll beat the count -- but he does! and the fight goes on!

Clincher lands a monster combination and O`Kelly is knocked down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

O`Kelly doesn't look like he'll beat the count -- but he does! and the fight goes on!

Clincher jars O`Kelly with a head butt! The referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Clincher annoys O`Kelly with an uppercut to the head. O`Kelly staggers!! The crowd is going wild!!

Pacho O`Kelly landed 9 of 20 punches -- 2 power punches, 5 jabs, 2 rights. (24 points)
The Bicentennial Gift Clincher landed 13 of 50 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (49 points)

The Bicentennial Gift Clincher won the round 10-7 for repeated knockdowns.

The fight is too close to call at this point.

O`Kelly is slowing down. He has his left eye closed from swelling. He has his right eye badly swollen. He has a bloody lip.

Clincher is obviously tired. He has bleeding over his left eye.

The judges' decisions are:

Judge Roy Bean scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 2: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 3: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 4: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 5: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 6: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 7: The Bicentennial Gift Clincher 10-9
Round 8: The Bicentennial Gift Clincher 10-9
Round 9: The Bicentennial Gift Clincher 10-9
Round 10: Pacho O`Kelly 10-9
Round 11: The Bicentennial Gift Clincher 10-9
Round 12: The Bicentennial Gift Clincher 10-7
A 113-113 tie.

Judge Judy scores the fight as follows:

A 113-113 tie.

Judge Lao Mang Chen scores the fight as follows:

A 113-113 tie.

The fight is a draw!

Trainer Joe Bagadonuts had this to say following the fight, "We are disappointed we didn't win. We had a lead, but I could tell Panch was slowing down, so I had him go more defensive and save some energy. Going into the last round our lead was huge, unfortunately Clincher had enough left to put us on the canvas and win the round 10-7. We had a pretty good showing against a tough opponent. We'll continue to work and get better."
Old 06-18-2003, 05:48 AM   #29
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Blade,

Developed your Fight Plan. In sparring against fighters of the same build you won with a:

KO in the 10th
KO in the 6th
KO in the 6th

If my guestamations on your opponents stats and fight plan are accurate..you've got a good shot.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:50 AM   #30
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Saint,

Joe Joe sparred a couple times against fighters with the same build as your opponent. Regardless of the style or stats I set for them...you got a KO in the 3rd. One of the 3 practice fights you were nearly knocked down, before you turned the tables.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:52 AM   #31
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Travis, Afoci, Sterling,

Your boxers will fight next week. We missed the scheduling period for this week.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:26 AM   #32
Blade
College Prospect

Thanks Breeze...looking forward to my bout!

Old 06-18-2003, 09:58 AM   #33
bertogarce
Mascot

Quite an interesting (and exciting) first fight for Pancho O' Kelly. Looked like were going to dominate our 5'1 opponent in the early rounds. Luckily we built up a huge lead or we wouldn't have been able to salvage a draw. Panch really ran out of steam, didn't he? Winning the 10th round was huge for us. I'm still shocked we were able to survive the 12th. Panch took quite a beating. There are worse things than a draw, especially when it looked like we were going to get knocked out in the 12th.

Looking forward to Panch's next fight.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:00 AM   #34
bertogarce
Mascot

One more thing. With his first fight in the books, is there anything you recommend changing or tweaking Breeze? Since I'm new to this, I'm not sure how much flexibility there is in altering a fighter after his bouts. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2003, 10:03 AM   #35
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

There isn't much you can do. I would recommend continuing to train conditioning. If we get that number up a couple it will make you much tougher to beat.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:08 AM   #36
bertogarce
Mascot

Thanks for the suggestion Breeze. That's what I figured. It looked like Panch hit a brick wall in the 7th round. By the 12th, he had nothing left in the tank (just enough to avoid getting knocked out). If he can get his stamina up, looks like he could be a decent fighter.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:15 AM   #37
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Hopefully, we won't run into any inside sluggers who have good conditioning again until you get yours up.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:02 PM   #38
Blade
College Prospect

Hey Breeze...

Any idea when my fight takes place?

Old 06-18-2003, 07:27 PM   #39
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Blade,

Heavyweight fights are Saturdays. Probably wont be posted till Monday early.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:35 AM   #40
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Bobby "Baked" Beans

The FOFC Gym has signed their first every lightweight, 5' 5" 135 lb, Bobby "Baked" Beans. Beans is a balanced fighter with a block head.

"That kid can take a punch," said trainer Joe Bagadonuts. "I think it goes hand and hand with his nickname. "Baked" Beans doesn't refer to the food, it refers to his physical state. Of course he says it's league because he suffers from glaucoma. All I know is it must numb the pain, cause I've seen his mama hit him with a iron skillet and he didn't even blink."

Mac Aroni, who is still in and out of conciousness said, "I still think his nickname comes from the food. I've smelled the bathroom when he leaves."

Unfortunately, it looks like Beans missed the scheduling period for the week, and probably wont fight till around the 30th. We'll keep you posted.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:38 AM   #41
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Bobby "Baked" Beans

Suprisingly, Bobby "Baked" Beans did get a match schedule for Tuesday. He is fighting - le singe fou. Fou has a record of 1-5, with all decisions decided by KO.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:44 AM   #42
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Condors,

Training Conditioning works great in this fight.

I would recommend 2 styles:

Ropes (since Fou uses the ring, cut him off)
Inside go toe to toe and pound him until he wears out.

I would also consider going easy for a round or two and then throwing in an All Out round in about the 6th or 7th. I don't think he could take it, but if he does your fighter will probably be tired too.

Plus I need to know how active you want to be. Rounds are split up by Aggressiveness (how many punches)/ Power (how hard)/ Defense (blocking punches) / Rest

Typical settings for an inside fighter are 5/7/8, a ropes fighter might be 6/5/9. I would consider going with more defense early since Fou wears out late.

Let me know how you want to work it.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:52 AM   #43
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pancho O'Kelly

While Pancho O'Kelly recovers from the beating he took in the last couple rounds of his first fight, the FOFC Gym received word on his next opponent. Pancho will be fighting.......

Bicentennial Gift Clincher

The fans enjoyed the fight so much, the WEBL sanctioned the fight again.

"I hate this," exclaimed Trainer Bagadonuts. "The kid shouldn't have to fight Clincher again. There are hundreds of fighters out there who should be scheduled before Clincher. I realize the boxing commission feels this is a money maker, but we shouldn't be punished by having a rematch when we only have 1 fight under our belts."
Old 06-20-2003, 05:53 AM   #44
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

bertogarce,

Any ideas this time around?
Old 06-20-2003, 07:12 AM   #45
condors
College Starter

using inside fighting style

i want to try a 9/5/5/1

it is some rule you should have a 0 rest?
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 07:14 AM   #46
condors
College Starter

maybe use a 5/5/10 for the first 5 rounds then switch
Old 06-20-2003, 07:42 AM   #47
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Condors,

Resting is typically only used when you have a big lead, are losing bad and want to rest in order to go for a KO, or your fighter reports he's tired. The last of the 3, I always build into a fight plan. The other 2 depends on what you what and what your opponent does.

The 5/5/10 is a good start. I like the switch, but 5 on Defense is really low, unless you are in a despirate situation and need a KO, or your opponent is tired and can't really hurt you. I wouldn't recommend going lower than 7, unless the scoring of the fight dictates it (again I can build that into the plan). 9 is also a very high Aggressiveness number - you may tire out throwing that many punches. I have a couple of fighter I experimented with that used a 9 for a few rounds, but they had a conditioning rating of 15 and 17.

Let me know if you have any changes. I probably wont build your plan till Monday morning anyway.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:09 AM   #48
condors
College Starter

go with the 5-5-10 to start for sure

then go with a 7-5-8 in round 6
Old 06-20-2003, 10:12 AM   #49
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Will Do