Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2005, 01:11 AM   #1
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Got an IPOD and I'm a Noob.

Seriously. I don't have any music on my computer. I've been dropping CDs in, and using iTunes to import them to disk, and then move then to the shuffle. The iPod seems to be working great. Well except the head phones that came with it just completely annoy me. They actually hurt my ears, if I keep them on too long. So that is thing one to fix.

The other problem I have is with iTunes converting my CDs to data. Quite often, I'll get an "undefined error" in the middle of an import, and then actually have to reboot to get iTunes to even recognize the CD ROM again. I'm afraid my 5 year old 52x CD ROM may need to be replaced.

Also I have some .mp3s of a BBC HitchHikers guide to the Galaxy production, that I'd like to get into the iPod to listen to before the movie. The deal is I have no clue how to get an .mp3 into the ipod.

In any case, I've searched through our iPod threads, and am hoping to get some experience from all of you already in club iPod.

Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 01:16 AM   #2
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
Well except the head phones that came with it just completely annoy me. They actually hurt my ears, if I keep them on too long. So that is thing one to fix.

I use my PSP headphones now. They're light years better.

Quote:
Also I have some .mp3s of a BBC HitchHikers guide to the Galaxy production, that I'd like to get into the iPod to listen to before the movie. The deal is I have no clue how to get an .mp3 into the ipod.

Go to the "File" menu, choose "Import File," navigate to the directory where you keep the mp3s, click them, click 'Open,' and they'll appear in your iTunes library. After that, it's drag and drop.

I'm sad right now because the computer I have my iTunes on is having issues, and I was waiting until I had a little more music to back my songs up to disc so I wouldn't waste a disc. Dammit.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 01:19 AM   #3
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

PSP?
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 01:31 AM   #4
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
PSP?