Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This Guy Is the Biggest, Most Gullible Idiot In the World

'Outright lies' lead to request for a divorce

Michael P. is seeking to annul his Las Vegas marriage to his bride of five months. In his complaint, the Westboro man claims that his wife induced him into marriage "through a series of elaborately constructed gross misrepresentations and outright lies about her background, financial status, employment history, marital history, criminal background, family background and her very strong connections to the entertainment community in California."

That doesn't even begin to cover the complaints of poor Mr. P., whose full name I'm withholding because the guy has been through enough.

In a cautionary tale of the pitfalls of online dating, Mr. P. said he met Crystal P. through an Internet dating service last fall, when she told him that she had moved to Massachusetts from California to escape the "fast life," and that she was very "in" with the entertainment crowd.

He says she told him on their first date that she was a registered nurse, had won a powerball lottery, was the niece of the guitarist for Motley Crue, had at one time posed for Playboy, and that her ex-husband was in prison for kidnapping her and locking her in a trunk.

In later meetings, she claimed to have worked as a multilingual interpreter in Washington and as a negotiator for the Los Angeles Police Department, where she once saved a man who threatened to jump off a bridge, according to court papers.

For some reason, the relationship progressed. One day over lunch, after Mr. P. revealed that his favorite band was "Rush," Crystal confided that the lead guitarist had been her best friend for 30 years.

"Michael was initially skeptical of her claim but, as with most of the lies Crystal told, the conviction, emotion and the detail with which she expressed them made Michael believe her," according to the complaint filed by Mr. P.'s lawyer, Jonathan E. Fields of Wellesley.

She also told him that she was once engaged to the son of Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, who was also friendly with Alex Lifeson, lead singer of Rush, and that the three had been inseparable until a tragic bungee jumping accident in California killed her fiance.

"Shortly thereafter, Crystal confided in Michael a huge secret," according to the complaint. "She claimed to be the illegitimate child of John Lennon and Janis Joplin." Oh, yeah, and Steve Tyler from Aerosmith was her godfather.

At some point, she claimed that a man she was instant messaging was Mr. Lifeson, and she pretended to hook him up with Mr. P. on the Internet, according to papers. Mr. P. also "spoke" to actresses Liv Tyler, Diane Lane and other celebrities. On Feb. 12 of this year, one day before they got married, Mr. P. received an e-mail from "Alex" that indicated Crystal was financially well-off and receiving large checks from his band.

"It has since become apparent to Michael that, contrary to her extravagant claims, Crystal's financial resources are as limited as her alleged contacts in the entertainment industry," says the complaint, which also claims that she concealed a criminal record and had scammed a former boyfriend.

Their marriage has since faltered, and Crystal is now falsely claiming she is pregnant, according to the complaint.

"More recently, the claim has escalated - Crystal now says she is pregnant with triplets," says the complaint. "In fact, according to information received from University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester, she is not pregnant."

Crystal now reportedly lives in Ashland, but could not be reached. The complaint alleges that she exploited Mr. P.'s good nature and "perhaps his gullibility" for financial gain, and that the marriage is void "by reason of her insanity."

hxxp://www.telegram.com/article/20070701/COLUMN01/70701002/1010/NEWS02
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Ksyrup

Biggest outright lie in that article...Alex Lifeson is the lead singer of Rush.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Biggest outright lie in that article...Alex Lifeson is the lead singer of Rush.

Actually, that was the one that stood out to me the most as well.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I thought for a moment that this had something to do with Hell Atlantic.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
MikeVic
Head Coach

That's funny.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
... and that the marriage is void "by reason of her insanity."
Well if that counts, then so much for the institution of marriage.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #7
JediKooter
Coordinator

Pix Plz.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #8
TroyF
Coordinator

Wow. Just wow.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:37 PM   #9
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Actually, that was the one that stood out to me the most as well.

Yeah, he really should have known the girl was making it all up then.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #10
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

This happens alot I imagine...
Old 07-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #11
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Is there a guy around that wouldn't follow up this statement 'I posed for Playboy' with one question.

'When?'
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:27 PM   #12
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Is there a guy around that wouldn't follow up this statement 'I posed for Playboy' with one question.

'When?'

She would have had me at, "I won the powerball lottery."

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 07-05-2007, 07:31 PM   #13
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
She would have had me at, "I won the powerball lottery."

I'm thinking he didn't dare question her after he thought he had hit the jackpot.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #14
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
"Shortly thereafter, Crystal confided in Michael a huge secret," according to the complaint. "She claimed to be the illegitimate child of John Lennon and Janis Joplin." Oh, yeah, and Steve Tyler from Aerosmith was her godfather.

Up to that point, it was a bunch of typical pathological lying. Then it went off the deep end.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

I skimmed too quickly the first time I read the article and I thought it said she claimed to be the illegitimate child of John Lennon and Steve Tyler.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #16
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Speaking of gullible and cluelessness

Quote:
Troubled star Britney Spears has apologized for attacking a paparazzo's Suv with an umbrella earlier this year - insisting she was "rehearsing for a film role". The singer has attributed her bizarre behavior outside estranged husband Kevin Federline's house - the night before she entered rehab in February - to preparation for a part in a movie about a much maligned wife who swaps places with her husband. In a message to gossip site X17, she writes, "I want to apologize for the past incident with the umbrella. I was preparing a character for a possible movie role where the husband doesn't play his part so they swap places. Unfortunately I didn't get the part. I'm sorry I get carried away with my role!"
Old 07-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #17
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Speaking of gullible and cluelessness

Just wow. Seriously?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #18
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Just wow. Seriously?

Millions will believe it!
Old 07-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #19
BYU 14
Coordinator

Yeah......that's it, that's the ticket!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #20
JediKooter
Coordinator

Too bad it didn't say she invented Post-It Notes.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #21
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I skimmed too quickly the first time I read the article and I thought it said she claimed to be the illegitimate child of John Lennon and Steve Tyler.

You can tell the article author is completely clueless about rock music. First he calls Alex Lifeson the lead singer of Rush, then he refers to Tyler as "Steve."
Old 07-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #22
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
For some reason, the relationship progressed.

My favorite line in the whole article.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #23
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This girl lives the next town over from me! I don't know any Crystal P.s though.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #24
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That article was one of the most entertaining reads I've had in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

Awesome!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-08-2007 at 09:48 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #25
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Also, the illegitimate kid of John Lennon and Steven Tyler might be the ugliest kid ever.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote