Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-06-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

b2evolution blogware?

Anybody here familiar with this "Multilingual multiuser multi-blog engine"?

It apparently was added as a free option with my web-hosting package at some point & I'm tinkering with it, but am in over my head at this point. I'd especially like to see some examples of it in use, as I try to figure out how to pare down what's visible to the reader to something both manageable & if not attractive, at least not the horrible jumbled mess that it starts out with.

On the bright side, unlike my previous failure at blogging, I'm at least able to get what I want to post to the right place each time, which is a considerable improvement over my first try back a year or so ago (with a different blog method).

Linky for the curious
http://b2evolution.net/

JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well crap ... I jinxed it by saying how well it was going I guess.
Not 3 minutes after starting this thread, I see this suddenly popping up in a section of the blog index page.
MySQL error!

Out of memory (Needed 4194276 bytes)(Errno=5)

Your query:
SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT ID), YEAR(post_issue_date), MONTH(post_issue_date), DAYOFMONTH(post_issue_date) AS myday FROM (evo_posts INNER JOIN evo_postcats ON ID = postcat_post_ID) INNER JOIN evo_categories ON postcat_cat_ID = cat_ID WHERE MONTH(post_issue_date) = '09' AND YEAR(post_issue_date) = '2005' AND ( ( post_status = 'private' AND post_author = 1 ) OR post_status IN ('published','protected') ) AND post_issue_date <= '2005-09-06 21:12:40' AND cat_blog_ID = 2 GROUP BY myday ORDER BY post_issue_date DESC

Not only do I not know what the heck that means, I have a bad feeling I'm going to be sorely pressed to figure it out or correct it.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think SGS is built on b2evolution- but you'd have to talk to vtbub about specifics.
http://vtbub.com/index.php?blog=2

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-06-2005 at 10:37 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:22 PM   #4
vtbub
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
I think SGS is built on b2evolution- but you'd have to talk to vtbub about specifics.
http://vtbub.com/index.php?blog=2

SI

You are correct.

Gimme a shout with any questions.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:54 AM   #5
FF
Mascot

ive used b2 in the past and have much preferred that over many of the other blogging scripts
Old 09-07-2005, 09:02 AM   #6
Anthony
Banned

if you want to use wordpess, what i use (when i actually get around to updating my blog), i'd be able to help you much easily. i'd also be able to help you customize the header so it wouldn't be bland vanilla.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.
So far, with just a very few more little tests, I've only run into a couple of minor problems.
1) When I'm in the Admin back area, say I'm composing a new post. When I'm finished with it, I click "Submit" (or "Publish" or whatever the heck it says). The new post appears when I check the blog itself, but the composing window (on the admin area) never seems to realize it's finished, it's like it gets stuck or something. It's a simple matter of hitting "Stop" on the browser, but it's still weird/mildly annoying.
2) On a couple of occasions, I've had problems with both the "Submit" (described above) AND refreshing the blog itself (displayed in another browser tab), both will time out. Now that sounds like a webhost issue ... except I've never had problems with anything of that sort with this host. And I mean never. Could be coincidental of course, but it's "feels" like it has something to do with the blog stuff.

Anyhoo, thanks again for the replies, I'm sure there'll come a point when I can take folks up on their offers for help. Right now though, I just need to spend some time cleaning up all the various defaults that need changing & that's just a matter of me taking the time to get it done. When it's a little more ready-for-public-consumption,
I'll make the addy known to those who are interested and/or morbidly curious
Old 09-07-2005, 11:33 PM   #8
vtbub
College Starter

It does seem slow on the uptake when sending a new post. I have another window open and just browse the web from there, closing it when it finishes.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote