Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-02-2003, 06:29 PM   #1
Jets80
High School Varsity

CM4...Pisses me off

First off I'll say that I really want to like this game, there is an addicting nature about it but for some reason the game hates me.

I keep getting fired as coach.

I am, or should I say "was" coaching Man Utd. about 75% through my first season, sitting in 2nd place in the English division also still alive in both Cups I was playing in ( can't remember their names) but I was in the Semi finals in one of them and advancing in both. Not to mention the fact I had to do it without many key players due to injuries.

And I get fired for bad performance????what the hell !!!!!!!
Who's running Man Utd, George Steinbrener ????

I have also been fired from Real Madrid and Arsenal. All the time it takes to play it and I cant even enjoy it becasue I cant keep a job. F' this game.

Jets80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:32 PM   #2
vtbub
College Starter

You gotta do better then second.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:57 PM   #3
MrBug708
Head Coach

Your prestige as coach isn't high enough. Unless you are a walking soccer icon, second isn't cutting it. However, the lower leagues are a little more patient because they know Alex Ferguson isn't giving their squad any thoughts so they settle for a little less.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:01 PM   #4
Blackadar
Retired

Besides, what's the fun in running Man U? Or Real Madrid? Try a Conference team - that's more of a fun challenge.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:03 PM   #5
Critch
lolzcat

Real Madrid just fired their coach, even though they'd just won the league. Tough at the top, I guess.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:37 PM   #6
Havok
College Starter

lame......
Old 07-02-2003, 08:17 PM   #7
McSweeny
College Starter

that's the way it is when you play as the top level in soccer. Were you still alvie in Europe? If not then that's probably why you got fired. They expect you to win every single year, simple as that
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:41 PM   #8
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I second Critch. Real Madrid have won a few European Cups during the time Vicente Del Bosque was at the helm and also won several La Liga titles. Yet he gets the sack at the end of this year after winning La Liga again. No European Cup win for Madrid and Del Bosque is out. And we thought Rick Carlisle got the shaft. Del Bosque is a proven winner at the highest level and he's out because he can only win his domestic league.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:08 PM   #9
mckerney
Coordinator

Maybe they were trying to get a solid coach
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 10:10 PM   #10
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
Maybe they were trying to get a solid coach

That made me snort.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 10:21 PM   #11
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Manchester United, Real Madrid and Arsenal are top level clubs. You best be winning and winning a lot. They would consider "minor" details like injuries and bad luck as your own problems since they provide you with oodles of budgets. Situations would likely be the same if you grab one of the top jobs in Serie A.

I don't necessarily think you need to go all the way down to Conference to either have a challenge or have fun. But you might consider dropping to D2 or D3 to look for a team with a more patient chairman/board. True, you'll have less budget and you won't have the superstars but you will receive more patience.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 10:24 PM   #12
korme
Go Reds

And that's what it boils down to-- patience, even if we have to provide our own drinks.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:05 AM   #13
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Hahah. You choose one of the richest clubs in the entire world to start your career off with and are upset that they don't really like you? Do you think you really performed up to Man Utd standards?
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:44 AM   #14
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Man Utd are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have very very high standards.

You start in the game as an 'average' reputation manager (around English 2nd division standard) - taking over a large club increases the pressure upon you (as indicated in the fans confidence if you check it) ...

PS. Your performance in Europe is very important if you're at a large club as they get a large chunk of their income from European competition - getting knocked out of the Champions League early will seriously harm your chances of survival (in a similar fashion, doing well in the Champions League can help keep you in a job).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote