Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2003, 06:15 AM   #1
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Survivor FOFC Question of the day

The question that I am asking from our intrepid survivors to day is:

Who is the most valuable member of the FOFC community?

stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 07:12 AM   #2
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Honolulu_Blue.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 03-05-2003 at 07:13 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 07:39 AM   #3
Blade
College Prospect

To be honest, I think that most members of FOFC are valuable. Everyone brings something different to the forum, and that is what makes it such an interesting forum.

But, that is the political answer, isn't it? Oh well, I am sticking with it anyway!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:03 AM   #4
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hmm, that's a tough one. The most valuable. I agree with Blade almost to a fault. I think everyone has something to bring to the forum, whether I like it or not.

Perhaps the MVP of the forum would be our moderators, who put up with constant complaining about this, that, and the other. Without them, I'd hate to see what our FOFC would be like.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:09 AM   #5
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I think it changes on a day to day basis. Each day there is a new 'hot topic' or there is somebody who is doing a lot of posting and contributing more than they usually do. Or a new puzzle or game is brought up by somebody, etc...

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:17 AM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

I agree wholeheartedly with the stock answer, it takes all of us together to make this a fun community that I want to click refresh on numerous times a day and participate in things like Diplomacy and Hattrick and this new CSFBL and things like that.

However, if forced to choose one member, I guess I'd say that QuickSand has the highest percentage of useful, thought provoking, valuable posts so I guess i'd go with him.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:20 AM   #7
John Galt
Pro Starter

Honolulu_Blue
Old 03-05-2003, 09:35 AM   #8
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by John Galt
Honolulu_Blue

In the alternative, and without prejudice to my first answer, I shall also nominate John Galt.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:02 AM   #9
John Galt
Pro Starter

As I was persuaded by Honolulu_Blue's eloquent first post, I am equally persuaded by his insightful second post. I therefore change my vote to John Galt.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:15 AM   #10
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

I'm going against the grain on this one. The easy answer is "we are all important", "all of us contribute”, kum-bai-yah et cetera.

But you know what; not everyone contributes to the board to the same degree. I would definitely put different degrees of value of our FOFC membership. Two thousand “hey brad” posts may give you grizzled veteran status, but it does not make you a valuable member of this community.

Having said that; I wouldn’t change a thing. I love the diversity of comments and ideas on this board. Both the deep political discussions and the inane Survivor polls (yes, I have participated in every one of them – curse you Kodos!)

Back to the topic at hand - the most valuable member of the FOFC community? Hmmmm.

For me, the one poster that I feel has contributed the most to the community is Quiksand. For a guy with over 8,000 posts, there is hardly a dud or throw-away among them. He is one of the few of FOFC members whose posts I will read regardless of the topic. I don’t always agree with him, but his posts are always well-thought out and articulate.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 10:17 AM   #11
McSweeny
College Starter

i'd have to say most people here are important. If it were just quicksand by himself, i doubt this place would be the way it is. The diversity of the different types of posters is what really makes this such an awesome place
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:27 AM   #12
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Going by first vote (the one that really counts) status it is a deadheat: Quiksand 2 / Honolulu_Blue 2 with John Galt a close third with 1.

Honolulu_Blue: The People's Champion
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-05-2003, 11:53 AM   #13
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Horns, hands down.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:49 PM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think this is the ideal topic for a poll.

Just kidding. I think everyone is important, but certainly a poster like QuikSand who contributes a diversity of well-thought-out threads would be right up there. Other guys like Fritz do a lot to add to the humor of the board. Godzilla Blitz has contributed two of the best dynasties all by himself, as well as popularized higher levels of interactivity with his readers, so his contributions can't be overlooked either. And, of course, me, for pushing the envelope on use of the poll feature.

Actually, I am sorry for having helped cause in general the overuse of polls and in specific the Survivor explosion. While I think the original idea was good, too much of anything can get annoying. Five different threads with the same theme but slightly different topics can be a little bothersome.

Having said that, I do plan to trot out Volume II of Musical Survivor, but only after the whole craze has died down to more reasonable levels.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 03:01 PM   #15
Schmidty
Coordinator

Kodos, because he doesn't shave his legs.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:27 PM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wink

I do, however, shave my ass.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:49 PM   #17
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
I do, however, shave my ass.

you have to, because you know NOBODY else would do it.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:20 PM   #18
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quiksand and WSUCougar for keeping things interesting during down times in FOF history, with their puzzles/games.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote