Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Hadn't seen this mentioned yet. The first trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie will debut tomorrow morning (February 14th) between 8:00 and 9:00 AM during Good Morning American on ABC. For those unable to watch it then, it will be posted shortly thereafter on the Indiana Jones website..........

http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Thanks for the info. I grew up with the Indiana Jones movies, I just hope this one doesn't suck. I mean, c'mon - Indy is only like 65 years old now, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Thanks for the info. I grew up with the Indiana Jones movies, I just hope this one doesn't suck. I mean, c'mon - Indy is only like 65 years old now, right?

It took forever for everyone to a agree on the script, and Speilberg and Lucas don't exactly do movies soley for the money, so I HIGHLY doubt that it will suck.

Last edited by Schmidty : 02-13-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
It took forever for everyone to a agree on the script, and Speilberg and Lucas don't exactly do movies soley for the money, so I HIGHLY doubt that it will suck.

I don't think it will suck either, I am just concerned that Ford's age will hinder much of what Indy has done in prior movies. Spielberg generally makes excellent movies, and George Lucas is a genius. With that being said, Ford IS in his 60's. It may be kinda odd seeing him perform the stunts his character became famous for. I am hoping for the best.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 09:47 AM   #5
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Uh, were you not aware that Lucas made three prequels to his Star Wars movies solely for money and all of them sucked?

If not, words cannot express how much I envy your ignorance.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I don't think it will suck either, I am just concerned that Ford's age will hinder much of what Indy has done in prior movies. Spielberg generally makes excellent movies, and George Lucas is a genius. With that being said, Ford IS in his 60's. It may be kinda odd seeing him perform the stunts his character became famous for. I am hoping for the best.

So, I take it you, too, missed the whole prequel thing. God, I wish I could live under the same rock as you guys...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 02-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #7
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I liked Episode III
Old 02-13-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
So, I take it you, too, missed the whole prequel thing. God, I wish I could live under the same rock as you guys...

What was wrong with the Star Wars prequels? It is a matter of opinion I guess, but I rather enjoyed episodes II & III. The first one needed some work. Anything with Natalie Portman (as an adult) is decent IMHO. I watched the prequels again just to look at her. No, seriously. I did. Numerous times.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

I am a huge Portman fan, so I can say this with conviction: Episode III, the only watchable one, would be significantly better if every scene that she appeared in was removed.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #10
Malificent
High School JV

Strangely enough, I much prefer the first prequel over either of the other two and I wish I could wipe Episode III from my memory.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #11
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I am a huge Portman fan, so I can say this with conviction: Episode III, the only watchable one, would be significantly better if every scene that she appeared in was removed.

That is true. Her role in the 3rd one especially was suspect in the least. With that being said, they should have just rated the movie "R" and had every scene with her naked.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #12
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Strangely enough, I much prefer the first prequel over either of the other two and I wish I could wipe Episode III from my memory.

That is rather strange. In an indirect way, you are saying that you enjoyed Jar Jar Binks over Yoda doing backflips and jumping around a room with a lightsaber.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #13
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That is rather strange. In an indirect way, you are saying that you enjoyed Jar Jar Binks over Yoda doing backflips and jumping around a room with a lightsaber.

Either that or he prefers 7 year old Anakin to a grown up one...you be the judge....
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #14
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Uh, were you not aware that Lucas made three prequels to his Star Wars movies solely for money and all of them sucked?

If not, words cannot express how much I envy your ignorance.

He also directed them. Did you forget that in your own ignorance?

Spielberg is directing this one, and it will be fine.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #15
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
Either that or he prefers 7 year old Anakin to a grown up one...you be the judge....

That should be left up to the courts.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #16
Buccaneer
Head Coach

The Star Wars prequels not sucking?!?!?! There is someone actually believe that????

As far as IJ, Raiders in my top 3 all time favorite. Crusade watch very watchable and fun. Doom was one of the worst movies of all time. It would be interesting to see where Skull comes in. My guess it would be like Crusade.

One of the reasons Lucas rejected previous scripts was that he felt it did not have enough action. That signifies a SW prequels mindset where it was all action and the dialog/story was hideously bad. Maybe Speilberg had changed that.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #17
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
As far as IJ, Raiders in my top 3 all time favorite. Crusade watch very watchable and fun. Doom was one of the worst movies of all time. It would be interesting to see where Skull comes in. My guess it would be like Crusade.

I agree that 1 and 3 were easily the best, but to say that 2 was "one of the worst movies of all time" is (excuse this) fucking idiotic. Either A) You are using hyperbole, or B) You have seen like 10 total movies in your entire life.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #18
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I agree. They all suck, but at least Episoide I had Qui Gon and Darth Maul. The fight between Darth Maul, Qui Gon, and Obi Wan, was the only memorable sequence in any of the those three pieces of crap.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #19
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
The Star Wars prequels not sucking?!?!?! There is someone actually believe that????

One of the reasons Lucas rejected previous scripts was that he felt it did not have enough action. That signifies a SW prequels mindset where it was all action and the dialog/story was hideously bad. Maybe Speilberg had changed that.

I don't think they suck. I enjoyed parts of them, especially in the 3rd one when you can actually see Anakin turn to the dark side. Good stuff that is. As I said earlier though, Natalie Portman is the reason I watch them again.

I agree with you on Raiders of the Lost Ark. Easily the best IJ movie. Temple of Doom was adequate but not very good. Crusade was good, mostly because 1) the blonde was hot, and 2) Sean Connery and Harrison Ford had some great dialogue and seemed to mesh well on camera. I also liked the first and third movies because they involved killing Nazis. Any movie or video game that involves killing Nazis is +1 IMHO.

Quote:

Last edited by RomaGoth : 02-13-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #20
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

I think the first prequal suffers from trying to appeal to kids too much, while Ep. II and III appealed more to teens/adults. If someone were to cut out all of the "for kids" stuff in Ep. I, I think it would actually be a decent movie (cut out JarJar as much as possible, cut out Anakin's stupid one-liners, etc.)

The Darth Maul fight at the end is still one of the better lightsaber fights, even if the way it ended couldn't have been worse.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien

I actually prefer the Last Crusade to Raiders. Temple of Doom was okay.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:48 AM   #22
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree that 1 and 3 were easily the best, but to say that 2 was "one of the worst movies of all time" is (excuse this) fucking idiotic. Either A) You are using hyperbole, or B) You have seen like 10 total movies in your entire life.

Aww man, we've gone around and around on this before. No movie, for me, had such high expectations and failed so miserably. That would be a definition of "worst movie", wouldn't it? Movies that are truly bad would also be "worst movies". Both are valid, imo.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #23
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

It's all relative.

Given how great and influential the first three movies were, these sequels just seem so much more offensive than crap like "The Hottie and The Nottie", "Gigli", "Baby Genuises II: Superbabies".

As was stated on this site in the past: When you watch these prequels "your entire world is shat upon, your very sense of right and wrong is questioned."
Old 02-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #24
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I think the first prequal suffers from trying to appeal to kids too much, while Ep. II and III appealed more to teens/adults. If someone were to cut out all of the "for kids" stuff in Ep. I, I think it would actually be a decent movie (cut out JarJar as much as possible, cut out Anakin's stupid one-liners, etc.)

The Darth Maul fight at the end is still one of the better lightsaber fights, even if the way it ended couldn't have been worse.

Well put. No Jar Jar would be nice, and the lightsaber fight with Darth Maul is one of the best fight scenes I have ever seen in a movie.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #25
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
He also directed them. Did you forget that in your own ignorance?

Spielberg is directing this one, and it will be fine.

Well, so long as Lucas had about as much creative influence as say, the key grip, I wont be worried.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #26
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Aww man, we've gone around and around on this before. No movie, for me, had such high expectations and failed so miserably. That would be a definition of "worst movie", wouldn't it? Movies that are truly bad would also be "worst movies". Both are valid, imo.

Bucc has the right of it.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #27
Warhammer
Pro Starter

If any set of movies lead to something like Clone Wars they can't be all bad.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #28
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Uh, were you not aware that Lucas made three prequels to his Star Wars movies solely for the same target audience as the original films
(corrected your typo )

My sons and all of my sons friends love the prequels and they are the target audience for those films .... to be honest I don't mind them that much so long as I suspend my 'but its not StarWars' vibe ...

Lets me honest if the original StarWars movie came out now and we'd never seen it before then chances are we wouldn't be quite so impressed ... just some things from your childhood end up having special significance to you.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 02-13-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #29
Buccaneer
Head Coach

The original Star Wars were about an engaging story arc which was the core of the movies. The prequels were simply bad scripting and very bad acting against a blue or green screen. But that's what sells nowadays among the kids/teens/young adults horde.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:07 AM   #30
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Agreed Marc. My kids idolize Anakin. They love all the movies, but whenever they start playing Star Wars, my oldest is Anakin, I am Obi Wan, and my youngest is "Trooper".
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #31
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Ok, I get that. Makes since.

You still suck though.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #32
Buccaneer
Head Coach

What do you think happens when those that only saw the prequels watch New Hope or Empire?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #33
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
It's all relative.

Given how great and influential the first three movies were, these sequels just seem so much more offensive than crap like "The Hottie and The Nottie", "Gigli", "Baby Genuises II: Superbabies".

As was stated on this site in the past: When you watch these prequels "your entire world is shat upon, your very sense of right and wrong is questioned."

I wasn't talking about Star Wars, geek. I was talking about the Indy films.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #34
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I wasn't talking about Star Wars, geek. I was talking about the Indy films.

Oh.

*shuffles off back to his parent's basement*
Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #35
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
The original Star Wars were about an engaging story arc which was the core of the movies. The prequels were simply bad scripting and very bad acting against a blue or green screen. But that's what sells nowadays among the kids/teens/young adults horde.

I agree with everything you said there, but I do think that the atmosphere in the third prequel was perfect, especially at the end. Now, if only they could have fixed the horrific script, acting, directing, etc.....
Old 02-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #36
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
What do you think happens when those that only saw the prequels watch New Hope or Empire?

I think it depends on the age/intelligence factor. It also depends on expectations (as you stated about ToD).
Old 02-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #37
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

What would you think about a movie based upon the Knights of the Old Republic setting? I thought the games were pretty cool (at least what I could play). A movie might be cool if they did it right.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #38
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree with everything you said there, but I do think that the atmosphere in the third prequel was perfect, especially at the end. Now, if only they could have fixed the horrific script, acting, directing, etc.....

I'll give you the point about atmosphere.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:45 AM   #39
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Two things

1) Episode I II and III all sucked large.
2) What a stupid title for a movie, The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? Terrible.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #40
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

If you take the word "The" out of the title, you could possibly have a good title for a porno.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #41
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to start tossing Lucas Hating people out of the window of this thread. When others ask why, i'll simply state......

No Ticket!
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #42
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dola,

Dare I say this movie will be nearly impossible to screw up.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #43
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
dola,

Dare I say this movie will be nearly impossible to screw up.

I reckon quite a few people said that about the Star Wars prequels too...

As far as this movie goes, I am not that worried. Speilberg is involved and the cast is pretty outstanding.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #44
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Yes, as long as they are fighting Nazis/Soviets (same kind of bad guys) and not some unconnectable rajah baddies.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #45
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

This may be off base a little, but would it not be f'ing hilarious if they were to cast Will Ferrell as Indiana Jones rather than Harrison Ford? Obviously it would no longer be the same theme but it would be funny as all hell.

Will Ferrell (+1) as one of only a handful of SNL actors to be any good in movies.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #46
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
This may be off base a little, but would it not be f'ing hilarious if they were to cast Will Ferrell as Indiana Jones rather than Harrison Ford? Obviously it would no longer be the same theme but it would be funny as all hell.

I don't think Buc likes you.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #47
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

No. It wouldn't.

Quote:
Will Ferrell (+1) as one of only a handful of SNL actors to be any good in movies.

Are you talking all time?

Quote:
I don't think Buc likes you.

I don't like him either.

He better just watch himself. We're wanted men. I have the death sentence on twelve systems.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #48
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Are you talking all time?

Possibly. There were a lot of good ones from the 70's and 80's though. I am mostly referring to the generation of SNL cast members that Ferrell was involved with. Most of the recent ones suck eggs on the big screen.

David Spade =

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #49
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Happily, Spielberg seems to have more respect for his franchise than that. Aside from Stranger Than Fiction and possibly Elf, I haven't seen anything from Farrell that I'd even consider acceptable, let alone good.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #50
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What the fuck is this rgmagic dood.