Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

The highlight of my day

We have a cat, Raoul, that makes it his business to be a giant pain in the ass. I love him, because he's a very affectionate cat, but on the other hand, he drives me insane. He's always climbing onto the dinner table to swipe the kid's food; sneaking into the bathroom to drink from the tub (even though I yell at him every time I catch him); he follows me around and meows at me for his damn wet catfood relentlessly. In many ways, he is like a dog, which is not what a cat lover is really looking for.

So tonight, I gave my son Noah a bath and then took him out to the family room to get him dressed. Down the hall, I hear **sploosh**! Of course, dumbass had jumped into the tub to get a drink. Unfornately for him, I hadn't drained it yet.

It's nice when the assholes of the world get what's coming to them.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
We have a cat, Raoul, that makes it his business to be a giant pain in the ass. I love him, because he's a very affectionate cat, but on the other hand, he drives me insane. He's always climbing onto the dinner table to swipe the kid's food; sneaking into the bathroom to drink from the tub (even though I yell at him every time I catch him); he follows me around and meows at me for his damn wet catfood relentlessly. In many ways, he is like a dog, which is not what a cat lover is really looking for.

So tonight, I gave my son Noah a bath and then took him out to the family room to get him dressed. Down the hall, I hear **sploosh**! Of course, dumbass had jumped into the tub to get a drink. Unfornately for him, I hadn't drained it yet.

It's nice when the assholes of the world get what's coming to them.
That's a good one. One of our cats actually jumps in the shower while it's going, in the area that the water is just running on the tub (not the part that splashes). He'll run out like a bat out of hell when he gets splashed.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

The water was only a few inches deep, so no harm done, other than wet legs and a wet belly. So I didn't feel too bad about enjoying his misfortune.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
ColtCrazy
College Starter

We have a cat like that named Sam. He'll drink from the tub, steal the kids' socks and bite holes in them, meow constantly for his wet food, and has this weird foot fetish where he'll sleep on your feet, or worse, try to lay on them while you are standing up. But he stays around mainly because he only likes me and I think it's funny he's a jerk to pretty much everyone else.

He's never fallen in the tub...but he used to have a habit for running into the cabinet where the cans were stored. One day, I had gotten some cans out and left the door open. I never saw him go in, so when I eventually shut the door, he was trapped inside. I heard all this cans banging around and suddenly the door bursts open and out runs a very frightened cat. It was pretty funny, and he doesn't go in the cabinets anymore.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I, for one, prefer an outgoing cat that wants to be around me. And in my experience this is much more the norm than the cat stereotype would imply.

My best cat story goes like this:

My kitchen has a pass-through window-type thing (hole in the wall) over the sink that looks into the kitchen. One day I had a few candles sitting in there, and my cat got onto the ledge of the pass-through. I tried to shoo him away to prevent anything bad from happening. Of course, my shooing caused him to turn around and his side went up in flames.

Luckily, he freaked out and ran in a direction that caused his side to rub up against something and put the flames out.

What a pleasant smell.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
MrDNA
High School Varsity

I've had the soaked cat, but never the flaming one. Have to give that a try.
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #7
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
I, for one, prefer an outgoing cat that wants to be around me. And in my experience this is much more the norm than the cat stereotype would imply.

My kitchen has a pass-through window-type thing (hole in the wall) over the sink that looks into the kitchen. One day I had a few candles sitting in there, and my cat got onto the ledge of the pass-through. I tried to shoo him away to prevent anything bad from happening. Of course, my shooing caused him to turn around and his side went up in flames.

Luckily, he freaked out and ran in a direction that caused his side to rub up against something and put the flames out.

What a pleasant smell.
Our cat caught his tail on fire one day. His tail didn't go back to white for a good couple weeks. Fortunately it wasn't that bad.

We've been starting to let our cats go outside in the afternoons after we get home, so they know their surroundings. Well yesterday our younger cat (2 years) didn't come back when it was dinner time. We called and called and he was no where to be found. I've grown very fond of our cats and as my wife says they are my little buddies so I was starting to get worried. Before we went to bed we looked around outside for him again and wasn't successful. At around 10 I hear his bell and he comes walking up our back patio looking behind him while he walks. It appears he's made a friend because about 20 feet behind him was a black cat with a white chest.

Last edited by DanGarion : 05-21-2009 at 04:47 AM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post

What a pleasant smell.

+1. My first cat when I was 12 loved being around me and was very outgoing and I loved it. She always came running to my lap when I got home from school. Also, my first 2 cats that I have owned in my own home are both very outgoing with me and my wife. Rascal is actually very needy. He will walk out of a room, and cry for us to call him several times a day. He is constantly around one of us and wants to be petted at least a few hours a day. Sparky is also very affectionate and very smart.

My favorite cat story (looking back on it) is where Sparky jumped up on our oven to get some leftovers that were still sitting on the stove after dinner. Unfortunately, in the process he hit the knob and turned on the stove and the flame scared the crap out of him as it singed off a bit of his hair on the side. At the time I was freaked out, but he wasn't hurt so it is funny now.

My least favorite cat story is the one I told on here before as it was happening. The more needy one loves rubbing against things and he rubbed against the bathroom sink's knobs turning them on and the plunger was down in the sink. As a result, water started overrunning the sink and dripping through the roof of the kitchen downstairs before I heard what was happening and turned off the water.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #9
WheelsVT
High School JV

I'm not a cat person, but we had a cat for a couple years before we had kids. Just before our son was born we wanted to keep the big old cat from jumping into his crib to sleep and shed all over it. So we took packing tape and laid it sticky side up in the event he tried to jump in.
I was on the phone with my wife when it happened. He immediately leaped into the air with tape wrapped all over him and bolted through the house. Took her awhile to calm him down enough where she could get the tape off. Hilarious.
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #10
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Did you get rid of the cat??

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote