Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
tarcone
Coordinator

What Game Should I Buy For My IPhone?

Im looking at Need for Speed Shift and Civ Revolution.

I have the civ game for the DS. But my daughters own the DSs. So On trips Im blocked from using the game.

I like some racing games and heard and have read that this one is excellent.

Or do you have a reccomendation.

Thanks for your responses.

tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
rowech
Pro Starter

To tag on...any military strategy games like the old board games? Hex type games?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
To tag on...any military strategy games like the old board games? Hex type games?

I'm thinking about uniwar. It looks like a hex based turn based war game, but I'm only in the looking stages at this time.

I've been playing Earl Weaver Baseball or rather EWB Baseball. It is a blast, but I'm not sure the developer is really supporting it like he needs to. Many promised updates early on, but then only a couple of them followed through on. Then again...when you're talking about a remake of one of the best games of all time, I can't really complain. It is a lot of fun as is. It is just that some of what made it one of the greatest games ever is yet to be implemented.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I'm thinking about uniwar. It looks like a hex based turn based war game, but I'm only in the looking stages at this time.

I've been playing Earl Weaver Baseball or rather EWB Baseball. It is a blast, but I'm not sure the developer is really supporting it like he needs to. Many promised updates early on, but then only a couple of them followed through on. Then again...when you're talking about a remake of one of the best games of all time, I can't really complain. It is a lot of fun as is. It is just that some of what made it one of the greatest games ever is yet to be implemented.

Yes...I read that about EWB...no real updates. Sad as it could be a great niche game. I'd love to see any kind of sports sim on there.

Anyone played The Settlers?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:42 AM   #5
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I forgot to mention it, but I get a lot of play time out of Flight Control and Peggle. Not war games, but man are they addictive.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Orions: Legends of Wizards is a fun Magic-esque game, at least for the first play though. I just started playing Swords and Poker, and that is a neat game too.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote