Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Which way are you leaning with 2 months until the election?
I will definitely vote for McCain 17 19.54%
I am leaning toward McCain, but still undecided 6 6.90%
I will definitely vote for Obama 41 47.13%
I am leaning toward Obama, but still undecided 8 9.20%
I am undecided and not leaning toward either 2 2.30%
I will definitely vote for a third party candidate 3 3.45%
I am undecided, but leaning toward voting for a third party candidate 3 3.45%
I definitely won't be voting 4 4.60%
I am leaning toward not voting 3 3.45%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Presidential Election Poll - Two months to go

Our FOFC tracking poll continues. Here are our previous results:

Presidential Election Poll - less than three months to go - Front Office Football Central

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Not thrilled with the candidate, but do not want to get screwed by the other.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't think I am going to vote for President. I'm totally turned off by McCain's endless ads on why I shouldn't vote for Obama instead of why I should vote for him. I don't know if I want to vote for Obama or not. So, I might just take the easy route.

I'm not really all the educated on politics. They're not something I follow closely and invest a lot of energy into. I don't know how things were when I was a kid. I became voting age while Clinton was in office. So, I only have his tenure and W's tenure to use as examples. Not so good examples depending on how you look at them.

I will vote for governor though because the guy I help elect last time has improved my state considerably, IMO.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

I tend to vote Republican solely due to opposition of the big government platform that the Dems traditionally advocate. However, I've always been open to crossing over to their candidates (or to Perot in the '90's) depending on secondary or personality issues. This time around, I don't think I've really seen much from Obama to make me want to vote for him. If Lieberman had endorsed him, then that would have held some sway (I would have went Dem in '00 and '04 had Lieberman been the top candidate), but there's still a few months to go, so maybe he'll show something to change my mind in that timespan. Probably not, though.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #5
Jas_lov
College Starter

I voted Republican in 2000 and Democrat in 2004. I will not be voting for McCain as I hate what the Republicans have turned the party into the past 8 years. McCain has sold out to the very people he condemned in 2000 and now he's attempting to move even further to the right in a general election where you should move to the middle. I might vote Democrat again to punish the Republicans for the last 8 years as I live in a crucial swing state, Iowa, that Obama will probably win.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

In FOFC, we could put up a poll with Ronald Reagan vs. Karl Marx and it would be a dead heat. It's not exactly an accurate representation of the American electorate. In 2004, I think that Kerry had about a 20 point lead here at FOFC.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
In FOFC, we could put up a poll with Ronald Reagan vs. Karl Marx and it would be a dead heat. It's not exactly an accurate representation of the American electorate. In 2004, I think that Kerry had about a 20 point lead here at FOFC.

I think karl Marx is a bit conservative for some of the FOFC posters

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #8
Radii
Head Coach

I changed my vote from "definitely obama" to "undecided, leaning obama" I definitely won't be voting for McCain but could potentially vote for Barr still.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #9
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I know it's still early (only about 1/3rd as many votes on this one so far as the previous one) but it's interesting to me that the numbers are still pretty similar.
McCain up a bit at the moment, most of the rest are about where they were.
Totally unscientific of course, but interesting to me at least.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #10
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Jon - how'd you vote?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:07 PM   #11
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
In FOFC, we could put up a poll with Ronald Reagan vs. Karl Marx and it would be a dead heat.

Nah, Marx didn't have any "executive experience".
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #12
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Nah, Marx didn't have any "executive experience".

I can see how this is going to become a regular thing here, so let me try this logic.

IF one makes the argument that 2 years executive experience > 2 year Senate experience for presidential qualifications, then it doesn't necessarily follow that they must think that 2 years executive experience > 20+ years Senate experience.

But let me say something on topic.

I voted third party on this poll. Just made that final decision now when this poll was posted. Not sure who will be on Idaho's ballot yet.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #13
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I can see how this is going to become a regular thing here, so let me try this logic.

For the record, I was making a joke.

Seriously, people, Why So Serious?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #14
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Jon - how'd you vote?

It's an open poll, you can click on the numbers and see how everyone voted, if you're curious.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #15
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I'm still definitely voting for Obama. It's unlikely Indiana ends up being a critical state, but you never know.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #16
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's an open poll, you can click on the numbers and see how everyone voted, if you're curious.

oh yeah. duhhhh. *work has fried my brain*
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #17
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

IF one makes the argument that 2 years executive experience > 2 year Senate experience for presidential qualifications, then it doesn't necessarily follow that they must think that 2 years executive experience > 20+ years Senate experience.

But let me say something on topic.

I voted third party on this poll. Just made that final decision now when this poll was posted. Not sure who will be on Idaho's ballot yet.

Marx didn't have any Senate experience either.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Jon - how'd you vote?

At the time I posted, I don't believe I had voted in this poll yet.

FTR though, since you asked on this one I'm "leaning McCain but undecided" was previously "definitely McCain" (or whatever it was).

The only "undecided" issue for me is whether to bother voting at all. If McCain has another couple of weeks like the last one, he stands a chance of pushing me back into "it doesn't matter, we're screwed either way" camp.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #19
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Now, bare in mind I am not a social conservative (I'm fairly libertarian on social issues). So, I'll go the opposite of Jon and say it really doesn't matter who wins as the country will largely be the same under Obama as McCain. I don't think Obama will be able to make any changes to health care or education, both will do similar legislation on climate change, both will leave Iraq within 6 months of each other, both will do little to impact the economy. In the end, it will be whether I prefer cuts for business or tax rebates for lower income wage earners. I'd prefer the former, but both plans will be so watered down by the time they leave congress it won't really matter.

Before the Palin nomination, I would have been "leaning McCain, but don't really care". Now, I like Palin so I've moved to definitely McCain. That said, I don't really anticipate any difference in the next 4 years from either guy (outside of supreme court judges - not a big factor to me).
Old 09-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #20
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
At the time I posted, I don't believe I had voted in this poll yet.

FTR though, since you asked on this one I'm "leaning McCain but undecided" was previously "definitely McCain" (or whatever it was).

The only "undecided" issue for me is whether to bother voting at all. If McCain has another couple of weeks like the last one, he stands a chance of pushing me back into "it doesn't matter, we're screwed either way" camp.

You're in Georgia - do you really think it makes a difference?
I've read some polls that have said Barr could make it interesting (which I doubt very much), but seriously, if Georgia is in play, I figure the election is over anyway.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #21
Malificent
High School JV

Quote:

The funny part (for me, anyway) is that judging by the political threads, I would've said that this was a strongly conservative, Republican board - and said so to some people I knew when discussing internet politics. Whatever the actual makeup of the board, the right-wingers/Republicans have the loudest, most persistent voices.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #22
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
The funny part (for me, anyway) is that judging by the political threads, I would've said that this was a strongly conservative, Republican board - and said so to some people I knew when discussing internet politics. Whatever the actual makeup of the board, the right-wingers/Republicans have the loudest, most persistent voices.

I actually have felt the opposite of you. I've always felt more conservative than the majority on this board when I am much more moderate in reality.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:54 PM   #23
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Now, bare in mind I am not a social conservative (I'm fairly libertarian on social issues). So, I'll go the opposite of Jon and say it really doesn't matter who wins as the country will largely be the same under Obama as McCain. I don't think Obama will be able to make any changes to health care or education, both will do similar legislation on climate change, both will leave Iraq within 6 months of each other, both will do little to impact the economy. In the end, it will be whether I prefer cuts for business or tax rebates for lower income wage earners. I'd prefer the former, but both plans will be so watered down by the time they leave congress it won't really matter.

Before the Palin nomination, I would have been "leaning McCain, but don't really care". Now, I like Palin so I've moved to definitely McCain. That said, I don't really anticipate any difference in the next 4 years from either guy (outside of supreme court judges - not a big factor to me).

The appointment of judges goes far beyond the members of the Supreme Court and there is a significant difference in the ideology of these two candidates. 12 consecutive years of conservative appointments will have a long-lasting impact on the court system in the United States.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote