Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-10-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
SegRat
High School Varsity

Companies not standing by products question

So I bought a prepaid Verizon phone from Walgreens. The microphone does not work. Walgreens refuses to do a return or exchange. They tell me it's a Verizon phone and Verizon needs to replace it. Verizon says they can't replace it because it wasn't purchased at Verizon. They tell me Walgreens needs to refund or replace it. Verizon also suggested contacting Samsung and doing a manufacture warranty exchange. Samsung says all they will do is try and troubleshoot it but they won't replace it. Anyone have any suggestions?

SegRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:09 PM   #2
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
So I bought a prepaid Verizon phone from Walgreens. The microphone does not work. Walgreens refuses to do a return or exchange. They tell me it's a Verizon phone and Verizon needs to replace it. Verizon says they can't replace it because it wasn't purchased at Verizon. They tell me Walgreens needs to refund or replace it. Verizon also suggested contacting Samsung and doing a manufacture warranty exchange. Samsung says all they will do is try and troubleshoot it but they won't replace it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Return it to Walgreens. That is where you purchased it. If you buy a PS4 from Walmart you dont return it to the Sony store. Walgreens needs to get their shit together. You have a 14 day period to return phones and a 1 year warranty on things like bad batteries and poor speakers.

Verizon really cant return the phone since it was purchased from an indirect dealer. They have no way of issuing a return/exchange as it wasnt processed through their system.

How long have you had the phone? If it is after the 14 day return period Verizon could issue you a warranty "like new" replacement.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 05-10-2016 at 07:18 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:16 PM   #3
SegRat
High School Varsity

Well Verizon called me and they are going to replace it. Walgreens flat out refused and I read other experiences on the Internet. I had the phone for 7 days when I first tried replacing it. I will never buy from Walgreens again.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:24 PM   #4
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
Well Verizon called me and they are going to replace it. Walgreens flat out refused and I read other experiences on the Internet. I had the phone for 7 days when I first tried replacing it. I will never buy from Walgreens again.

Glad Verizon is going to take care of that for you. They dont want to lose your service. Walgreens has the same 14 day return policy as Verizon and every other Verizon licensed dealer and should have taken care of you with a new phone when you first came in. I cant even stand going into a Walgreens and their slow ass service clerks. The line will be 8 deep and the lady at the register will be looking for coupons for customers. Drives me crazy.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote