Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2005, 09:16 PM   #1
GMO
Mascot

OT : Memorial Cup

London beat Rimouski in overtime.
Ottawa has beaten Kelowna in double overtime.

That's two exciting games.

GMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:36 AM   #2
Karim
College Starter

Yeah, it's been a great start to the tournament. I suspect London is licking their chops waiting to play Kelowna tomorrow on short rest. The 67s goalie was phenomenal.

Despite the two points in game one, I was expecting something more from Crosby. Probably too much of an expectation but I think London's depth will win them this tournament.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:47 AM   #3
Johnny93g
College Starter

didnt see the rimouski/London game, but the highlights made me wish i did...

I did watch tonights Ottawa/Kelowna game, and that was fun.....Both goalies played out of this world. I wasnt impressed with the refs in the ot's, no consistancy on what a penalty was. I still think Rimouski/ London rematch in the final.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #4
Desnudo
Coordinator

Curling?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:24 AM   #5
GMO
Mascot

My prediction is London 1st then Rimouski, Ottawa and Kelowna,

Rimouski beats Ottawa in the semi-final game.

In the final - London vs Rimouski. Slight edge to London because they had a day of rest.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:25 AM   #6
GMO
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Curling?

Junior Hockey.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #7
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Two great games. If anything, watching these two games is a reminder of how awful the NHL game has become. By the end of both games you knew the players, what the top lines were, who were the players to watch, etc. I'd almost forgotten how much fun hockey was when both teams are actually trying to win, instead of focusing on making sure nothing interesting happens.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:24 PM   #8
GMO
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Two great games. If anything, watching these two games is a reminder of how awful the NHL game has become. By the end of both games you knew the players, what the top lines were, who were the players to watch, etc. I'd almost forgotten how much fun hockey was when both teams are actually trying to win, instead of focusing on making sure nothing interesting happens.

Hockey can be great to watch.

Unfortunately NHL hockey has deteriorated into a boring mess. Too much clutching, grabbing, defensive tactics etc.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #9
sabotai
General Manager

No US coverage...GRRRR!!!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 07:44 PM   #10
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

This is getting me hyped for the debut of the QMJHL in St. John's this coming September!!!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #11
Karim
College Starter

Kypreos made a good point on Sportsnet tonight. Every game so far has been exciting, great for fans, with multitude of scoring chances because the defencemen have made many mistakes. Junior level defencemen are backing off the blue line way too easily so that rushing forwards can gain the zone and generate offence. This would never happen in the NHL; there are just too many good, smart players and high-level coaching.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:31 PM   #12
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
Kypreos made a good point on Sportsnet tonight. Every game so far has been exciting, great for fans, with multitude of scoring chances because the defencemen have made many mistakes. Junior level defencemen are backing off the blue line way too easily so that rushing forwards can gain the zone and generate offence. This would never happen in the NHL; there are just too many good, smart players and high-level coaching.

That's also the product of a few guys getting beat to the outside in the early games, I think. The defensemen started getting a little more cautious after a few of those.

Kelowna's had nothing but bad breaks so far. Hopefully they get a little rest now (assuming the fire alarm in their hotel doesn't get pulled for the third night in a row) and bounce back against Rimouski.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote