Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-20-2005, 04:14 PM   #1
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Does anyone use Zinio or Audible?

Zino is a service that gives you the ability to purchase and download magazines to your computer. You can either go with a subscription or purchase magazines individually which is great.

Audible is what I use to download Audio Books or stand up comedies. I love to use this service when I go on long trips and they support a number of mp3 players which is a good thing.

I am just curious to find out if anyone else uses these great services.

Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

I use zinio dont have any subscriptions just buy single magizines.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:25 PM   #3
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofquarrel
I use zinio dont have any subscriptions just buy single magizines.

Same here. I like to pick individual copies of Digital Camera World and Computer Arts.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:36 PM   #4
SackAttack
Head Coach

I use Audible. Great service. I know SirFozzie does, as well, although he's been with 'em a lot longer than I have. If anybody's interested in trying the service out, head to http://www.roxio.audible.com, they've got a promotion for new subscribers that'll give you three free audiobooks to get started (and a free one-month trial of AudibleListener, that may end up being 4 free books without having to actually pay for anything).
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've used Zino in the past to get single magazines. I don't have any subscriptions.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:26 PM   #6
sabotai
General Manager

I used to use Audible. I signed up to see if AudioBooks were something that would interest me, and found out they don't. I did get most of the Dark Tower series though, so I should eventually make my way through them. I just don't drive long enough distances anymore to really get use out of them. It took me over a week of going to and coming back from work just to get an hour and a half into the first one.

I'm sure I'll get my value out of them at some point, but I canceled it for now.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 10:28 AM   #7
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I use Audible. Great service. I know SirFozzie does, as well, although he's been with 'em a lot longer than I have. If anybody's interested in trying the service out, head to http://www.roxio.audible.com, they've got a promotion for new subscribers that'll give you three free audiobooks to get started (and a free one-month trial of AudibleListener, that may end up being 4 free books without having to actually pay for anything).

I started using Audible a month or so ago based on SA's recommendation in another thread. I'm really enjoying it.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 10:35 AM   #8
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
Zino is a service that gives you the ability to purchase and download magazines to your computer. You can either go with a subscription or purchase magazines individually which is great.

Audible is what I use to download Audio Books or stand up comedies. I love to use this service when I go on long trips and they support a number of mp3 players which is a good thing.

I am just curious to find out if anyone else uses these great services.

I use Audible. The wife and I both have a monthly subscription to the service. It's great. We download the books onto the PC and put them on the Ipod. My wife listens to books when doing work around the house, cooking, cleaning, or when we go on trips. It's great. It got her into the George RR Martin series, so I aint complainin'.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 01:17 PM   #9
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I started using Audible a month or so ago based on SA's recommendation in another thread. I'm really enjoying it.

Awesome. Always glad to hear that.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote