Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #101
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I was about to say that we may have played against each other, but you're a year and a half older than me. We may have been in different age groups at that time. Do you remember ever playing a team from Robinson Barracks (RB)?

I honestly don't remember much about playing. It was the summer before I got my glasses, so I pretty much sucked because I didn't realize I couldn't SEE the ball well. That plus the horrible coach made for a rather forgettable season.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #102
Antmeister
Pro Starter

1. What is your first name? Anthony
2. What does your online name mean? Name derived from a Saturday Night Live bit. The number 71 is my birth year.
3. What City do you live in? Phoenix, AZ (just moved from San Diego 9 months ago)
4. How old are you? A jolly 32 years old.
5. What team do you root for and why? Chargers, Padres and Lakers. Chargers and Padres - I got into these sports when I lived in San Diego county. Lakers - Was into basketball first while I was living in Santa Ana.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Access programmer, multimedia guy, currently going to the Art Institute as well.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Played since FOF 2.
8. How did you find out about this website? I can't remember the name of the site, but there used to be another FOF board until someone else took over and it went to hell. I learned that another board was started in its place. I had never posted to the boards until this year.
9. Something interesting about you? Well I never thought it was interesting, but some people think it is odd for a black male to like database programming, writing fiction, and reading sci-fiction, fantasy and horror novels (I am a huge fan of David Gemmell, Steven Barnes and Richard Laymon).

Last edited by Antmeister : 01-15-2004 at 03:33 PM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:28 PM   #103
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Eh, it's been something I've been thinking about for a while now. And last night we got into an argument and when she got home she sent me an e-mail saying that maybe it's time for her to move on.

She has class till four today and I go to work at four, so I think we're going to be doing some serious talking when I get home tonight...

Oh, and sorry about the threadjack... :o

One word: dynasty.

Don't keep us guessing now.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:33 PM   #104
tucker342
Pro Starter

1. What is your first name?
AJ

2. What does your online name mean?
My last name

3. What City do you live in?
Iowa City, Iowa

4. How old are you?

5. What team do you root for and why?
My favorite team are the Iowa Hawkeyes, cause I've lived pretty much my whole life a couple of miles from the campus

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?
I'm a senior in High School

7. How long have you been playing FOF?
I've been playing TCY pretty much since it came out

8. How did you find out about this website?
I was at the Sportplanet website, and I was looking for a good text sim. Before I knew it I was here... the rest is history.

9. Something interesting about you?
ummmm I'm going to go to the University of Iowa next year
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:45 PM   #105
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Matt--as in Matthew (I always have to add that, because always seem to think I am saying Mac or Pat at least in environs that have some noise in them)

Chief Rum is short for Chief Running Mouth, which was my fraternity nickname. It seems I became rather locquacious when inebriated.

Anaheim--for now. I have lived in seven different cities in the SoCal area in the past decade, and have moved eight times.

4. How old are you?

Which sport? My most avid support is for the Angels in baseball, the Ducks in hockey, and UCLA in college basketball & football. The Angels were just a childhood thing. I got into the Ducks because I wasn't ever really a Kings fan, so when the Ducks started up, they were perfect for me. I just watched a lot of UCLA sports as a kid and grew to really like those teams.

This always a multistage question for me. What do I actually, right now, do for a living? I am a waiter at TGIFriday's. What did I go to school for? Journalism--and I also have done a stint with the LA Times. What would I like to do? Something inc omputers. What would I love to do? Become a writer. What will I probably end up doing? An office job where I can use my communication and computer skills to be a general jack of all trades (but I hope not).

Just under four years now. I bought FOF2 in early 2000.

Shortly before I found FOF2 actually. I found this site looking for sim games to play like Baseball Mogul. The site (we're talking Old Green Sidelines here), of course, pointed me to Front Office Football. The rest is history.

This is probably the most difficult question to answer, because I'm not sure what will interest you guys. Here are some quick hits: I don't drive currently, and generally hate the beauracracy around the privelege of driving. I used to drink alot years ago (social monster), but now I may go a year with just a handful of beers. I root for UCLA, but went to Cal Poly Pomona, a technical university where I didn't end up learning anything technical. I went from aerospace as a freshman to communications as a senior, which has to be the widest single jump in majors that someone can make. When the LA riots happened, I was in LA--at a Lakers playoff game against the Blazers, oblivious to the hell going on around us.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:45 PM   #106
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

1. What is your first name? Jamie
2. What does your online name mean? They're my initials.
3. What City do you live in? Falls Church, VA (lots of people in my area apparently), but my heart is partly in Vermont and partly in Chicago.
4. How old are you? 29 years and one week old
5. What team do you root for and why? The Dallas Cowboys. I've liked them ever since I was 5 years old because I liked their helmets and I loved nicknames...and they had a guy named Ed "Too Tall" Jones on their team.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm in a scientific QA-like position.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF2.
8. How did you find out about this website? I can't recall how I found out about The Sideline or FOF in general.
9. Something interesting about you? The former governor of Vermont lived three houses down from my parents...not Dean though. Another governor fun fact: Dr. Dean was my best friend from VT's doctor...not Howard Dean though, his wife.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:55 PM   #107
Drake
assmaster

Darren

Character in a horrible, horrible novel I wrote years ago.

Spencer, Indiana (near Bloomington/Indiana University)

4. How old are you?

Colts - Geographic affiliation, admire Manning
Red Sox - I tuned into baseball in '86 during the Angels-Sox series. I've been a fan ever since.
Hoosiers - I'm an alumni. No real choice here.

Sometimes I cheer for the Pacers, but not very hard.

Database programmer, SQR guru, sometime web developer, author. The first three are all for Indiana University.

Since FOF2K1

Popped up in a search for Sports sims on Google.

My first novel just hit the market. It's a hard science fiction thing released by the small press. Learn everything you ever wanted to know about it and me from http://www.darrenrhawkins.com. You can buy it on Amazon cheap!

Last edited by Drake : 01-15-2004 at 04:01 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:04 PM   #108
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
9. Something interesting about you? I wrote a 250+ page autobiography a year or so ago for National Novel Month

I wrote a 250+ page training manual. But that isn't really interesting.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:14 PM   #109
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Larry

See Q#5

Milwaukee, Wisonsin

4. How old are you?

(NFL) Minnesota Vikings & Green Bay Packers
(MLB) Boston Red Sox & Milwaukee Brewers(NBA) Milwaukee Bucks & LA Lakers
(college bball) North Carolina, Wisconsin Badgers & Marquette Warriors (golden eagles my a**)
(college football) Wisconsin Badgers & Northwestern Wildcats
(NHL) I mourn my beloved North Stars

IT Manager, wannabe game developer, wannabe novelist & wannabe singer/songwriter

Since March of 2001

I don’t really remember. I think I found it looking for information on text sims. Initially, I was looking for a good baseball sim, stumbled across CM and FOF and have been playing these two games ever since. Oddly enough I still do not own a baseball text sim. Maybe in 2004.

Last October, I began singing in front of audiences after a 25-year hiatus. I didn’t realize how much I missed performing.
SkyDog, watch out. You may have competition from a fellow FOFCer one day.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:18 PM   #110
Samdari
Roster Filler

1. What is your first name? Robert, usually Rob
2. What does your online name mean? It was my primary character in EverQuest. I have come to use it as a username on all message boards I register for, since I have yet to find it taken, and my memory could not handle another user name.
3. What City do you live in? Springfield, VA. Yet another DC suburb.
4. How old are you? Rapidly approaching 35
5. What team do you root for and why? Syracuse basketball is my absolute favorite sports team. Grew up there and its the only show in town. Football would be the Jets, which I married into.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I am an electro-optical engineer.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? since FOF2001
8. How did you find out about this website? looking for TCY tips.
9. Something interesting about you? My college girlfriend (is rumored to have) cheated on me with former NHL thug (at the time AHL thug) Rob Ray.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:20 PM   #111
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
Well I never thought it was interesting, but some people think it is odd for a black male to like database programming, writing fiction, and reading sci-fiction, fantasy and horror novels (I am a huge fan of David Gemmell, Steven Barnes and Richard Laymon).

Are you my twin?? Good grief. I am also a 30something black male database programmer who is into reading & writing SF & fantasy etc.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:57 PM   #112
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

1. What is your first name? John
2. What does your online name mean? I though it would be funny if my name was bragging about meeting someone no one cared about. i chose a ram because i was at western illinois at the time, where the rams had their training camp
3. What City do you live in? Austin, Tx
4. How old are you? 21
5. What team do you root for and why? any texas (, university of) team, plus the cowboys, stars, rangers, and spurs. i'll also root for whichever team is fun to watch, but never against my team
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? i work for a bankruptcy trustee and will be going back to finish school here before too long. i've been at wiu and a community college and soon ut
7. How long have you been playing FOF? since fof2
8. How did you find out about this website? dont remember
9. Something interesting about you? i modeled for a short shrot while . . . although thats probably only interesting to a few of you

not that theres anything wrong with that
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:29 PM   #113
ice4277
Pro Rookie

1. What is your first name? Joe
2. What does your online name mean? Part of a REAL old nickname, 42 was the number I usually had in sports, 77 the number of Paul Coffey, one of my favorite hockey players.
3. What City do you live in? Berkley, Michigan, suburb of Detroit
4. How old are you? 26
5. What team do you root for and why? Lions, Wings, Pistons, U of M, Ipswich, and of course my alma mater, Central Michigan University!
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I work in broadcasting, traffic reporting and some freelance sports stuff as well, at least for the time being.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF2
8. How did you find out about this website? Well, I came across the original sideline after doing a Yahoo! search for football sims, or something like that.
9. Something interesting about you? I learned how to drive a forklift today!
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:52 PM   #114
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

1. What is your first name? Bryan.

2. What does your online name mean? At whatever point it was that I was looking for an online name, I had just delivered a rant against mythology in contemporary poetry during a creative writing class. Couple that with the fact that I was listening to Michael Penn's CD March at the time, and couple that with the fact that his last name is my nickname, and you've got the story.

3. What City do you live in? Charleston, SC, at the moment...moved down from Lafayette, IN, in August. Grew up near Leavenworth, KS.

4. How old are you? 27.

5. What team do you root for and why? College football: Kansas State Wildcats (undergraduate alma mater) and Purdue Boilermakers (graduate school alma mater). Pro Football: Kansas City Chiefs (regional). Pro Baseball: Chicago Cubs (regional during grad school) and Boston Red Sox (always dug a good curse).

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Just graduated with a Master of Fine Arts in Poetry from Purdue University. Currently am trying to finish my first book, and am working at a library while I do so.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF2 was just released.

8. How did you find out about this website? I think I was playing Title Fight (Bout?) Boxing, another text sim, and while looking up information on it stumbled across the site. Lurked for a loooooong time before making myself known during the old Sideline days. Been around, for good or ill, ever since.

9. Something interesting about you? I am a nationally (and internationally, if you count Canada) published poet. My work has been appearing in various journals since 2000. During the coming year you can read my poetry in the spring issue of River Styx and the fall/winter issue of Coal City Review.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:15 PM   #115
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Kris. Yes, I'm a guy and I spell my name with a 'K'. Dammit.

Daedalus is my favourite mortal from Greek mythology. I was going to go ahead and become a wizard on the MUD I was on at the time and daedalus seemed like a good name for a coder who is suppose to create.

Long Beach, CA.

4. How old are you?

Besides UNC's basketball team (because of Coach Smith) and Arsenal (because I played them in CM since they were the only team I knew besides Manchester and I wouldn't be able to stand being Manchester United), whatever team plays good basketball, baseball or football.

In spite of having been in college for forever and a half now, I still need to finish up my last 4-5 classes for my Computer Science degree. Too many breaks to go make money to pay rent is bad for finishing up school. So I'm currently toiling for Gameworks Long Beach as a "bowling host".

Started playing FOF2 the week after Thanksgiving when the EA Support people came back and transferred my case to Dan Wassen who rescued me from Digital River's incompetencies.

I think I google'd and found the old Sideline when I was having trouble with getting FOF to work due to Digital River's incompetencies. Stayed around when I read OldGiants' and QuikSand's insightful posts. Knew I found an online "home" when I clashed with mckerney in one of my first posts and other "veterans" backed me up.

Hrm. I'm pretty damn boring. Can't really think of anything else other than the fact that I'm still fairly fluent in Thai and I've been told that my English is pretty solid for having learned it as a second language. Oh, and I supposedly look scary to some people since I look like the typical villain in martial arts movie - big, fat Asian dude with long hair and scraggly facial hair - so people think I'm well-versed in martial arts even though I only did Shotokan for a little less than a year.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:23 PM   #116
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
I am a huge fan of David Gemmell, Steven Barnes and Richard Laymon.
Yay! Another Gemmell fan! Hooray! Haven't read 'em other two fellas, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
I went from aerospace as a freshman to communications as a senior, which has to be the widest single jump in majors that someone can make.
I knew somebody else who did something similar. Someone I knew from High School went to Long Beach State with me and ended up jumping from Aerospace Engineering to Comp Lit after she took Calc 1 in her first semester.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
When the LA riots happened, I was in LA--at a Lakers playoff game against the Blazers, oblivious to the hell going on around us.
I was about two blocks from the Long Beach part of it. Doing my laundry. Heh.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:31 PM   #117
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

1. What is your first name? Josh
2. What does your online name mean? It is my last name with a Y added onto the end Nickname from HS.
3. What City do you live in? Rochester
4. How old are you? 26
5. What team do you root for and why? Bills, always have rooted for Buffalo teams
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Retail manager at the #9 Company to Work for in American according to Fortune Magazine
8. How did you find out about this website? Well there was this Dave Dial guy, and this stink involving Tony, Blackie, Sack and then we moved here and I helped with getting the site up and running. BUT I think you mean, I was searching for FPS Football info and stumbled upon the Sideline back in the day.
9. Something interesting about you? Played DI lacrosse at Canisius for a year netting 1 goal Dressed in the visitors locker room at Cameron Indoor Stadium, UPenn Stadium, and the Michigan St football stadium
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:54 PM   #118
Wasabiak
High School Varsity

1. What is your first name? Todd
2. What does your online name mean? Long story.....Remember the Budweiser commercial where the guy and gal are in the sushi place? And the whole place is saying "Wasabi!!!!!!"? Well i added the "ak" on the end (Alan Kulwicki, my favorite all time Nascar driver) and came up with Wasabiak.
3. What City do you live in? Baldwin, WI
4. How old are you? 34 next Tuesday
5. What team do you root for and why? Minnesota Vikings, because i'm an idiot
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Auto technician at a Lincoln dealer
7. How long have you been playing FOF? since it's inception
8. How did you find out about this website? found it via internet search
9. Something interesting about you? I have 3 testicles.
Wasabiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:07 PM   #119
Pacersfan46
H.S. Freshman Team

1. What is your first name? -- Steve

2. What does your online name mean? -- Pacers are my favorite organization in sports. Haven't been a terrible team as long as I can remember (back to mid-80's). Not to mention besides Ron Artest (who's cleaned himself up) the Pacers haven't had a Blazers-esque player, or roster. Very professional team. Also, 46 was my baseball number.

3. What City do you live in? -- Indianapolis

4. How old are you? -- 23

5. What team do you root for and why? -- Indy Colts, because they're the local team I've followed since I was 5. I love underdogs too, and that's what we are regularly. lol

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? -- Work 2 jobs, neither of which are what I'd consider a "career". Just a stop gap, until I get to (and out of) school.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? -- Since 2001

8. How did you find out about this website? -- Looking for player mods for FOF.

9. Something interesting about you? -- That I'm not interesting. lol

Last edited by Pacersfan46 : 01-15-2004 at 07:10 PM.
Pacersfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:19 PM   #120
Dutch
"Dutch"

1. What is your first name? Mike
2. What does your online name mean? Nickname of Dutch Daulton, President Reagan, and my heritage from the 1700's
3. What City do you live in? Shreveport, LA, but really just a transient by trade.
4. How old are you? 32
5. What team do you root for and why? Tampa Bay Bucs - Born in Orlando, grew up watching the hapless Bucs because I loved the Bucs logo as a kid!
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Now that I am back stateside, I do System Administration here on Barksdale AFB in Louisiana.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? I have been on these boards and playing FOF as long as anyone other than Jim and Blackadar.
8. How did you find out about this website? I can't remember.
9. Something interesting about you? I've never lived anywhere in the world for more than 8 years. Orlando 2 years, Massachussetts, 2 years; Mississippi 2 years, Germany 3 years, Mississippi 3 years, Germany 4 years, Northern Virginia 3 years, Mississippi 1 year, Japan 2 years, Los Angeles 8 years, Turkey 2 years, BumFuck Louisiana -- Seems like forever, but really just about a year.

Last edited by Dutch : 08-27-2004 at 09:16 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:35 PM   #121
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

1. What is your first name? Cyril

2. What does your online name mean? I've told the story a couple of times here. Pumpy Tudors punted for the Eagles in a Hall of Fame game one year. I heard Al Michaels say his name, and I started cracking up. I used to use the name "Gunner" on BBS's yeeeears ago, but that was often taken, so I went with something else. I'm now mostly known online as Pumpy, although a few know me as Gunner.

3. What City do you live in? New Orleans, LA

4. How old are you? 27

5. What team do you root for and why? A few: Denver Broncos (an Elway fan since his senior year at Stanford), St. Louis Cardinals (Ozzie Smith fan), New Jersey Devils (originally a Sean Burke fan, and then I grew to love the team), Utah Jazz (John Stockton fan), Memphis Grizzlies (young team on the rise, and the fiancee is from Memphis), University of New Orleans (alma mater), Tulane (only local university with a football team), LSU sort of (because they have a better football team).

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I was originally hired to do data entry work at the largest ship supply company in the southern US, but now I do a little bit of everything in the office (quoting, purchasing, communication with clients, etc.). I want to be a television news editor, as I did that stuff as an intern four years ago, but that's on hold for now.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since right before FOF2 came out.

8. How did you find out about this website? I don't remember.

9. Something interesting about you? I once accidentally killed a sportscast on the local NBC affiliate's 5:00 news show during my first week as an intern there in 2000. Before the show, the station "teased" that they had the inside scoop on who the Saints new head coach would be, and they wanted viewers to stay tuned. The sports director asked me to put together a tape of the leading candidates for the job (Jim Haslett, Gary Kubiak, Art Shell, etc.). I did the tape, but I didn't rewind it. Nobody told me to do that. Because I didn't rewind the tape, the producer wiped the entire sports report from that show. Everyone was pretty at me for about an hour. I'll bet they were happy a few days later when the Saints eventually hired Haslett, though. In the report I got axed, the station was going to announce that Kubiak was getting the job.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:42 PM   #122
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

1. What is your first name? Jeff
2. What does your online name mean? Yahoo picked it for me about 5 years ago, just kinda stuck
3. What City do you live in? Groton, CT. I spent the first 20 years of my life living 5 minutes from Jim Gindin's residence . Didn't know until after i bought fof4, weird little coincidence .
4. How old are you? 22
5. What team do you root for and why? Patriots, Born and raised a New England sports fan
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?Systems Administrator - IT slave
7. How long have you been playing FOF?Only since about October now, but addicted.
8. How did you find out about this website? Google
9. Something interesting about you? I'm not very interesting at all

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-15-2004 at 07:43 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:50 PM   #123
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I once accidentally killed a sportscast on the local NBC affiliate's 5:00 news show during my first week as an intern there in 2000. Before the show, the station "teased" that they had the inside scoop on who the Saints new head coach would be, and they wanted viewers to stay tuned. The sports director asked me to put together a tape of the leading candidates for the job (Jim Haslett, Gary Kubiak, Art Shell, etc.). I did the tape, but I didn't rewind it. Nobody told me to do that. Because I didn't rewind the tape, the producer wiped the entire sports report from that show. Everyone was pretty at me for about an hour. I'll bet they were happy a few days later when the Saints eventually hired Haslett, though. In the report I got axed, the station was going to announce that Kubiak was getting the job.
lol
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:59 PM   #124
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitPersonality1
Are you my twin?? Good grief. I am also a 30something black male database programmer who is into reading & writing SF & fantasy etc.

What the bleepity-bleep is going on here. Never thought I would come across my twin. Hopefully you are the evil one.....I don't currently have a goatee, so I know I can't be the one. And who are your favorite SF and fantasy writers? I might be able to learn of some other great books I don't own.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:06 PM   #125
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
My first novel just hit the market. It's a hard science fiction thing released by the small press. Learn everything you ever wanted to know about it and me from http://www.darrenrhawkins.com. You can buy it on Amazon cheap!

Drake, I have to congratulate you. I have been writing for years, but have never actually completed anything. It is good to see that you saw a novel to completion. Cool.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:10 PM   #126
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I am the american nightmare.... *Throws his fist up*{ accidentally hits himself }
Old 01-15-2004, 08:14 PM   #127
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Yay! Another Gemmell fan! Hooray! Haven't read 'em other two fellas, though.

Well Steven Barnes is a black sci-fi writer who has co-authored some books with Larry Niven and sometimes even Jerry Pournelle. His solo books are well written if you are into sci-fi.

Richard Laymon is a horror author that was highly successful in Europe (even though he is from the States) and is has recently gotten more of his books published here. He passed away some years ago, but his many books are slowly gaining some popularity.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:11 PM   #128
Drake
assmaster

You should check out the Yahoo! group SFNoir (or is it Sci-FiNoir - I can never remember). I lurk on that list and Steven Barnes is a regular poster. I hadn't realized until recently that Barnes is married to Tananarive Due.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:25 PM   #129
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Thanks Drake. Didn't know that.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:03 PM   #130
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Steve

Before I came to FOFC, I was very active in a couple of forums for pirate gamers. Clarification: games with an Age of Piracy theme.

Colorado Springs

4. How old are you?
I'll be 44 on the 26th.

I don't have any team I am fanatical about, I did when I was a kid in the 1970s (Reds, Redskins, Lakers, etc.). Lots of teams I casually like.

Very long time GIS applications developer, analyst and cartographer.

I played a little bit of FOF2 and FOF2001. Not a game that has kept my interest. TCY is more fun though.

Don't remember.

When one is 44, lived and traveled in a lot of places, there are always interesting things and experiences. Two of them include being a professional landscape photographer for 9 years and running a business on the side; and starting/running a game development company in the early 1990s.

Last edited by Buccaneer : 01-15-2004 at 10:04 PM.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:06 PM   #131
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

1. What is your first name? Jason
2. What does your online name mean? From the movie "Dogma". Cmon, what animal exudes nobility more than the platypus?
3. What City do you live in? Harrisburg, Pa
4. How old are you? 27
5. What team do you root for and why? Indy Colts, I am a fan because its my dads team
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Systems engineer
7. How long have you been playing FOF? 3 years
8. How did you find out about this website? looking for FOF info
9. Something interesting about you? I am a blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do
Old 01-15-2004, 10:25 PM   #132
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Huh...my brother owns a GIS firm in Indianapolis. He used to be the CFO for MD Atlantic Technologies in Huntsville, but when they closed some offices, he and a few others left to start up their own firm. The GIS industry has got some pretty cool technology.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:36 PM   #133
bbor
Pro Starter

Yet another Rob.

My name backwards.

Center of the Candian universe...Toronto.

4. How old are you?

33...whimper

Leafs....49'ers...Jays...Raptors....Canadian teams.49'ers because they were a HUGE unerdog when i started watching football.

I am a shoe store owner...yes...i am a Bundy

2 years i think?

Daedalus showed me the light.

I can tie a cherry stem in my mouth using only my tongue...chicks dig it

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:13 AM   #134
Tigercat
College Starter

1. What is your first name?Kevin
2. What does your online name mean?LSU grad(Tiger) Kentucky student(cat)
3. What City do you live in?Lexington
4. How old are you?23
5. What team do you root for and why?LSU, my old school and all New orleans teams cause thats where I am from
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Graduate student
7. How long have you been playing FOF?I've had TCY since it first came out
8. How did you find out about this website?While looking for an editor for TCY(haha which still doesnt exsist!)
9. Something interesting about you?I am interestingly uninteresting
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:42 AM   #135
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Tim.

I went to the the University of the Ozarks for three semesters before transferring to my new school. The nickname there was the Eagles and the main color is a version of gold. Being the uncreative guy I am, I simply chose GoldenEagle. Many people get confused and see that I am from Mississippi and think that I am a Southern Miss. That is not the case.

I am currently in Cleveland, MS. I am a student at Delta State University. I am from Southaven, MS - which is right outside of Memphis. You can put one foot in Southaven and one foot in Memphis.

4. How old are you?

It really depends. My true team is the Univeristy of Memphis Tigers. I am a huge college sports fan. The NBA has grown on me alot since the Grizzlies came to town. My interest in the NFL has diminished greatly. I also love the St. Louis Cardinals, since they are the local team in Memphis,

I m a computer programming major. My goal one day is to own a software comapny and distribute text sims. It is a breeze since I already know how to do everything.

Since the FOF2 days. I spent so many hours of my life playing that game.

I think I was looking around on the EA Sports website and found a link to something called Front Office Football. I clicked it and was Front Office Football. I use to post on The Sideline under 'ThaCharger'.

Many people do not know that I am a college soccer player. I may also coach a local community college team next season. I have not made up my mind yet. My girlfriend followed me to school here, however, she hates the school.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:52 AM   #136
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Many people do not know that I am a college soccer player. I may also coach a local community college team next season. I have not made up my mind yet. My girlfriend followed me to school here, however, she hates the school.

Better that she hates the school then you!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:55 AM   #137
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukarez
1. What is your first name? Mark Wayne (Filipino thing)
Whoa... another Filipino. Thought I was the only one.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:02 AM   #138
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Thomas
My surname translated to English
Raaholt, 40min outside Oslo Norway
4. How old are you?
34 years young

49ers. I was in San Francisco the year they won back-to-back Super Bowls

Work in the risky business of the airline industry

FOF4. I got it after it was mentioned in PCGamer a few years ago.

Google

I’m Danish but now live in Norway after spending 4 years in Greece and Spain.

Last edited by Northwood_DK : 01-16-2004 at 03:03 AM.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 04:58 AM   #139
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK

Raaholt, 40min outside Oslo Norway

I’m Danish but now live in Norway after spending 4 years in Greece and Spain.

Somehow, from your name and vague location of scandinavia, I always assumed you lived in Danemark... Funny how one makes assumptions...
Old 01-16-2004, 05:05 AM   #140
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Updated useless stats to this point, after 80 posters :

average age : 28.2 years

Most common age : 32

85% american posters, 5% french, 4% canadians, 2% spanish, and 1% australian, british, swede (another way of looking at it : 89% north american, 10% european, 1% oceanian)

Most represented US state : California, with 6. Followed closely by Virginia with 5...

Yes, call me a stats freak...
Old 01-16-2004, 06:13 AM   #141
Yossarian
High School Varsity

David

Its the name of the protagonist in a book I like

Glasgow, Scotland

4. How old are you?

Panthers - I only *really* started watching football in the expansion year - so I picked a team.
Also, Scottish Claymores for geographical reasons!

Programmer of web / DB stuff - mostly PHP, Java etc.

I found the old board when looking for info about the game. Migrated to here when old board closed.

I write / play music.
I am studying a games programming course part time
I played CB for the Scottish Claymores under-21 squad and kicked English ass in a 42-2 allstar game.
I am member of stats crew for Scottish Claymores

Last edited by Yossarian : 01-16-2004 at 06:14 AM.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 06:49 AM   #142
Fido
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle

I m a computer programming major. My goal one day is to own a software comapny and distribute text sims. It is a breeze since I already know how to do everything.

Let me know when you start hiring
Old 01-16-2004, 07:21 AM   #143
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies

Yes, call me a stats freak...

You stat ardent enthusiast.

I guess it doesn't have the same ring.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:35 AM   #144
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

5% of the posters are french.
not bad, not bad ;-)
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 09:31 AM   #145
Terps
College Prospect

-Dennis
-Anyone who likes college football and basketball will know that one.
-Phillipsburg, NJ
4. How old are you?
-I'll be 22 next week.
-Orioles, Wizards, Capitals, Maryland, and N.Y. Giants (No Baltimore football team when I got into sports, heh.)
-I work in the unloading area @ Readington Farms.
Since the 3rd version.
Not sure.
-
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:09 PM   #146
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I played a little bit of FOF2 and FOF2001. Not a game that has kept my interest. TCY is more fun though.

When one is 44, lived and traveled in a lot of places, there are always interesting things and experiences. Two of them include being a professional landscape photographer for 9 years and running a business on the side; and starting/running a game development company in the early 1990s.

Dang, you sound like what I could be at 44. Well, perhaps not the entrepreneurship, but I agree with the GIS (though I'm not trained at it...would like to be since I like maps and geography), TCY, and being an Ansel-Adams-wannabe.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:15 PM   #147
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1. What is your first name? Ron
2. What does your online name mean? A name I sorta used (And actually stopped) using online a long, long time ago. 3. What City do you live in? A town in Illinois named after a revolutionary war battle in my home state. Ugh, weird.
4. How old are you? 25 in April
5. What team do you root for and why? Toronto Blue Jays..I dunno, I became a fan the year before the won back to back WS titles. Not a bad thing to happen when you start liking a team. Even if it took them another decade to get good again. New York Jets, New Jersey Devils
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Spent four years in the Air Force. Now just a college student en route to a PhD in Education Policy.
8. How did you find out about this website? I've been around since the first site off and on.
9. Something interesting about you? I founded my college's debate team, that ended up morphing into a full-fledged society with about 40 members. I started playing tennis when I was 9 and played all through HS and was captain last year in college. I once hosted my own live call-in talk show on college tv at my old school.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-16-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:46 PM   #148
Silver Owl
High School JV

Quote:
4. How old are you?
I'll be 44 on the 26th.

I was starting to think that I was the old guy here. Guess I can put the geritol away.
Silver Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:29 AM   #149
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

-Jeff
-FargoFreez pertains to my team in the MP USFL League and fof playa is a satirical name pointing fun at the "real" online G-bangers.
3. What City do you live in/have you lived in?
-Duluth, MN by way of San Antonio by way of Kalispell, MT by way of St. Cloud, MN by way of Fargo, ND.
4. How old are you?
-Any team in Minnesota minus some college teams (and the Lynx).
-I'm a full-time student at Lake Superior College and work part-time as a barista.
Since EA Sports FOF (#2) back in ninety-nine.
Not really sure.
Some old FOFC handles of mine: rev (original board), fof playa (duh?), tha freak (very short-lived), panther26950
FargoFreez aka fof playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 12:14 PM   #150
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Danny

Van Halen was a big influence, thus the DVH. But the DeToxRox was basically from Michael Irvin talking about Detox one day, and I of course thought, wow, that ROCKS. Ergo the name.

Berkley, MI. That's right, Ice and I live in the same city of about 15,000.

4. How old are you?

Home town teams, and any UofM teams.

Senior in high school. We're a proud bunch.

Since, uh, FOF2k1

After I ordered FOF2k1, I found a link to the boards, and bam.

I can pretty much recite the enitre Big Lebowski movie. Also, I play goalie for my high school hockey team and I hate Disney World with a passion.. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle stole my autograph book.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote