Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2004, 10:21 AM   #51
Blade6119
Coordinator

1. What is your first name? Colton, aka Dead Sexy
2. What does your online name mean? Despie popular belief i stole this from the movie, i picked this name as my aol account when i was a kid(long before the movies). I used to be a big-time hockey player, and Blade refers the the blade on the hockey stick.
3. What City do you live in? Im currently in scottsdale, AZ...but my heart is still in St. Louis
4. How old are you? 16
5. What team do you root for and why? Everything from St. Louis and Mizzou
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Im in highschool right now, and work part-time at office max
7. How long have you been playing FOF? 3-4 years now...
8. How did you find out about this website? I honestly dont remember...somehow stumbled upon it. Never dreamed i would become this "addicted" to it.
9. Something interesting about you? Drew Barrymore is my cousin , and im by far the coolest teenager on the board(looks over at illinifan )
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #52
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Drew Barrymore is my cousin

first cousin, second cousin, or.....third cousin? *wink wink*
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:36 AM   #53
pskov
Mascot

1. What is your first name?
Robert

2. What does your online name mean?
It is a town in Russia near St. Petersburg

3. What City do you live in?
Newbury, Berks, UK

4. How old are you?

5. What team do you root for and why?
Why, the mighty Spurs of course! But in the NFL no-one really, but a soft spot for the Pats as 2001 was the first season I really watched and their underdog-wins-it-all story was cool.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?
Doing A-Levels in Sixth Form

7. How long have you been playing FOF?
Ummm.....I have never played FOF (excluding the demo)

8. How did you find out about this website?
Web search looking for FOF

9. Something interesting about you?
I used to have the most scraggly beard imaginable, but shaved it all off a few weeks ago (that count?).

Last edited by pskov : 01-15-2004 at 10:39 AM.
pskov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:37 AM   #54
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbes
Drew Barrymore is my cousin

first cousin, second cousin, or.....third cousin? *wink wink*

First...which is why im never ever ever going to a movie where she is naked or anything...soo nasty
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:38 AM   #55
Blade6119
Coordinator

oh, and im not from kentucky, so i dont go after relatives
Demotivation
Old 01-15-2004, 10:39 AM   #56
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quite possible. It was William and Mary after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Probably. And the same guy probably served said food to me as well...
Old 01-15-2004, 10:48 AM   #57
Comey
College Starter

- John

- My last name

- Harrisburg, PA

4. How old are you?

- Philadelphia Eagles; I've always cheered for Philly teams

- Right now, I'm .400's technical writer. As far as something I get paid for...I'm still looking (I moved from CA a couple of months ago, and haven't found something yet)

- Not long. I didn't know about it until I started looking at TPF. I've been a baseball gamer (run a league) for years.

- SkyDog.

- I'm a published author and poet. I got married back in November. I'm a basketball coach, and will have my first head coaching gig in the spring (for an AAU team).

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:49 AM   #58
samifan24
Pro Starter

1. What is your first name? Brendan

2. What does your online name mean? My favorite NHLer is Sami Kapanen and his # is 24.

3. What City do you live in? Split time between CT and school in York, PA

4. How old are you? 20 (soon to be 21)

5. What team do you root for and why? The Indians are my first and only love. Although everything else is a distant second, I'm not an Eagles fan since I came to college in PA.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm a junior Journalism major with a Sport Management minor.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? For me, the first game was FOF2; never got to try the original.

8. How did you find out about this website? I really don't remember. It may have been at the tail end of the Sideline, but I was a longtime lurker before I ever posted.

9. Something interesting about you? I am a former EMT.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #59
AnalBumCover
College Starter

1. What is your first name? Rob
2. What does your online name mean? Taken from Sat Night Live skit: Celebrity Jeopardy
3. What City do you live in? Los Angeles
4. How old are you? Turning 32 in a couple of weeks
5. What team do you root for and why? UCLA Football. Been a fan since 4th grade
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Finance
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since TCY
8. How did you find out about this website? web search
9. Something interesting about you? I chipped my tooth playing tennis... with my own racket.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:06 AM   #60
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

1. What is your first name? Guillaume
2. What does your online name mean? I used to play STARWARS -the Role Playing game when a teen and Darkiller was my Jedi character, to make it sound like "Luke Skywalker" or "Biggs Darklighter"
3. What City do you live in? Paris, France
4. How old are you? 26
5. What team do you root for and why? San Francisco 49ers (duh!)
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? PR agent for MEGASPORT Agency.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF2
8. How did you find out about this website? web search about FOF
9. Something interesting about you? That makes me Alf's godfather then
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.

Last edited by Darkiller : 01-15-2004 at 11:10 AM.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:12 AM   #61
Gallifrey
High School Varsity

1. What is your first name? Neel
2. What does your online name mean? Gallifrey is the home planet of Dr.Who
3. What City do you live in? Seattle
4. How old are you? 40
5. What team do you root for and why? Packers. It's the Packers.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Play bass guitar
8. How did you find out about this website? Web search
9. Something interesting about you? My 17th record was released last September, and now I'm working on #18.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:16 AM   #62
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Average age down to 28.1 years at this point.

Also pretty amazed at the high number of people working in IT / computer related business... must be the geek factor...
Old 01-15-2004, 11:17 AM   #63
JeeberD
General Manager

Jeremy

It's a nickname given to me by my older brother. Some bastardization of my name and some annoying kid in a comic strip.

Lewisville, TX (Dallas suburb)

4. How old are you?

The Dallas Cowboys and the UTEP Miners. I was born into it in both cases. I also root for the Houston Astros and Rockets and the Edmonton Oilers.

Bartender/waiter while I continue to work on getting through school

Since FOF2.

Dumb luck. I think I must have used a search engine for more info about FOF and found The Sideline.

I've waited on several pro football players since I've worked at OG (Larry Allen, Dat Nguyen, Ron Stone, and Derek Ross). Also, I think my girlfriend of four years and I might be breaking up today.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 01-15-2004 at 11:18 AM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:24 AM   #64
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

1. What is your first name? Jim

2. What does your online name mean? I was reading "Gates of Fire" when I chose it and thought it was a cool historical reference with a militaristic inclination, although if I had the chance to choose again I would have been more obscure and chosen Alexander's right hand man, Parmenion, for a historical/militarstic name.

3. What City do you live in? Fayetteville, NC

4. How old are you? 37

5. What team do you root for and why? Miami Dolphins, because when I was growing up in Florida that was who you rooted for.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I am in the Air Force

7. How long have you been playing FOF? I got TCY when it first came out, then got that awful EA SPorts version of FoF a couple months later.

8. How did you find out about this website? While searching for TCY strategy tips online.

9. Something interesting about you? My grandfather was offered a coaching job with the Cleveland Browns by his college buddy, Paul Brown, when they were forming the team, but he couldn't take it because he still had to finish fighting WWII in the Navy. By the time he came back from the war the staff was filled, it was too late to take the job, and my grandfather never coached again.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:34 AM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1. What is your first name? Brian

2. What does your online name mean? Well, I initially wanted to be Eaglefan as they are my favorite team, but I realized the original Eaglefan already had my preferred name. Therefore, I added my age (at the time) 27 to my first inclination.

3. What City do you live in? New Orleans, Louisiana for the past 4 years.

4. How old are you? Ugh, I just turned 29.

5. What team do you root for and why? I root primarily for the Eagles because that is the team my grandfather rooted for when I was a kid and that was the team we lived closest to when I was growing up. I remember many fond Sundays watching games with him. I also root for USC Trojans as I had 4 great years of college there. I'm starting to root for the Saints over the past few years as I have settled here and there is at least a 50% chance that I will spend a long time here in Louisiana as my wife is happy to be back in her home area.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm a doctor. Specifically, I'm a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist who is developing a particular interest in academics and autism. However, I see teenagers and children (and their families for a wide variety of problems) Note, my profession shouldn't be confused with a psychologist (whom I respect and am good friends with quite a few) as they don't go to medical school and don't have the same level of medical knowledge (a common source of confusion among people)

7. How long have you been playing FOF? I discovered FOF2001 through EA Sports actually *sheepish look* I was on their website and discovered it and have been playing ever since.

8. How did you find out about this website? Google search for tips on FOF or maybe it was TCY.

9. Something interesting about you? I accidently cut off a man's penis once. Well, he was a cadaver and we were dissecting him in gross anatomy and I slipped with the scalpel when I was supposed to be dissecting to reveal the blood vessels at the base of the penis. I knew then that I would NEVER be a surgeon.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:35 AM   #66
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Also, I think my girlfriend of four years and I might be breaking up today.[/b]

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #67
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

And for those whose missed the thread, this is who FOFC are :

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...ad.php?t=20274
Old 01-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #68
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Also, I think my girlfriend of four years and I might be breaking up today.[/b]

Sorry to hear that, Jeebs. I've been "breaking up" with my long-time girlfriend for a few months now. It's not a fun process, regardless of whether or not it's a good thing.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:57 AM   #69
PunkyQB
n00b

1. What is your first name? - Alex

2. What does your online name mean? - Just a dumb reference to Jim McMahon, my favorite football player when I was kid. I've been meaning to change this forever.

3. What City do you live in? - Arlington, VA (at the moment). 2 blocks from the Pentagon.

4. How old are you? - 25

5. What team do you root for and why? - Bears, Illini and Northwestern. I grew up in downtown Chicago, IL. I went to both Illinois and Northwestern for undergrad, and cheered for both teams growing up. I lived with much of the Northwestern football team for a year, which was a blast.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? - I graduated from law school at Georgetown last May, and I passed the bar exam ... but there is only one thing I am sure of I am NOT a lawyer! It just isn't for me. I've fled from it. I do some computer programming and writing here and there ... trying to figure out what to do with my life. Will possibly return to the law to survive for a while, but I need a new plan

7. How long have you been playing FOF? - Since 1999.

8. How did you find out about this website? - Actually, I don't remember. I have no idea how I found you guys

9. Something interesting about you? - I live with my girlfriend who graduated law school with me, also passed the bar, and also can't bear to continue with a legal career. Also, she is addicted to TCY. Ok, that's not something interesting about -me- ... but its easily the best thing going for me, I think.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:00 PM   #70
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbes
Sorry to hear that, Jeebs. I've been "breaking up" with my long-time girlfriend for a few months now. It's not a fun process, regardless of whether or not it's a good thing.

Eh, it's been something I've been thinking about for a while now. And last night we got into an argument and when she got home she sent me an e-mail saying that maybe it's time for her to move on.

She has class till four today and I go to work at four, so I think we're going to be doing some serious talking when I get home tonight...

Oh, and sorry about the threadjack... :o

Last edited by JeeberD : 01-15-2004 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:12 PM   #71
Kokoshin
n00b

1. What is your first name? Jose Luis
2. What does your online name mean? It's a russian derivative of a nickname I had when at school (Coco)
3. What City do you live in? Madrid (which is the capital of Spain, in case anybody wonders)
4. How old are you? 38 and counting, but my wife believes I'm getting more interesting with my age
5. What team do you root for and why? Dolphins. First contact I had with football was through an American friend who was always praising Marino. It was the first team I ever saw
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm in charge of treasury in a telecom company
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF
8. How did you find out about this website? Don't remember, I was quite young
9. Something interesting about you? As several fellow FOFCers, I had a band about 23 years ago. It was a punk band called Larsen, and I was the lead singer....eeerr....screamer

...and I joined in Dec 2000 and posted less than 15 times. Call me a voyeur

Joey Ramone (1951-2001)

Last edited by Kokoshin : 01-15-2004 at 12:13 PM.
Kokoshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:17 PM   #72
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

1. What is your first name? Larry (but I go by my middle name, Brian)

2. What does your online name mean? I lost my original name after I moved from Tennessee to Alabama, forgot my password, and didn't have access to the email box that the robot sent it to. So, I changed it to Grantdawg for the town I moved to and my favorite college team.

3. What City do you live in? Covington, Ga.

4. How old are you? rapidly approaching 35

5. What team do you root for and why? The Georgia Bulldogs and all Atlanta based sports teams (except that small trade school down town ). Because I was born and raised here, and some of my fondest moments as a child was with my dad listening to Larry Munson call the UGA games while watching the TV with the sound off.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm a minister. Currently seeking other employment (but I've been doing that for about 100 years now).

8. How did you find out about this website? I can't remember.

9. Something interesting about you? I'm playing D&D again after a 11 year break, and am about to run again for the first time since my sophomore year in high-school.

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:37 PM   #73
korme
Go Reds

1. What is your first name? Shane
2. What does your online name mean? Shorty, I used to be a short d00d in 6th grade. 3= favorite number, 28= Corey Dillon, and also 81= Carl Slim' Pickens. Wish I could change it now, to some cool reference like ezekiel 25:17 (from Pulp Fiction), or ya know, not something so downright childish like Shorty. FWIW, my favorite names of FOFC members are The Afoci and Hands to the Face.
3. What City do you live in? Cincinnati
4. How old are you? 17
5. What team do you root for and why? All teams Cincinnati, plus the Buckeyes, and the Rockets.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Graduating High School in June.... can't wait.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since 2k1.
8. How did you find out about this website? I remember going to a messageboard maybe from darkiller's website or something and not really seeing any new posts, and somehow found a link to the old FOFC board (post-sideline, pre-vB).
9. Something interesting about you? I can recite the 50 states in alphabetical order. No, not by sheer nerdiness, but from a song we learned in my 5th grade music class. It was so easy that I still remember it.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:39 PM   #74
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
9. Something interesting about you? Drew Barrymore is my cousin , and im by far the coolest teenager on the board(looks over at illinifan )

Well that sure is debateable... I'd rank you about, oh.... somewhere behind me?
Old 01-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #75
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskov
[b]
I used to have the most scraggly beard imaginable, but shaved it all off a few weeks ago (that count?).

16 and growing scraggly beards. I'm jealous.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:42 PM   #76
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
16 and growing scraggly beards. I'm jealous.

No kidding. It took me till I was 22 before I could grow my scraggly beard...

Old 01-15-2004, 12:50 PM   #77
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

1. What is your first name? Todd
2. What does your online name mean? I'm a 1997 graduate of Virginia Polytechnic Institute (Virginia Tech)
3. What City do you live in? Powder Springs, Ga (suburb of Atlanta)
4. How old are you? 29
5. What team do you root for and why? VT Hokies & Atlanta Falcons. I was never a fan of pro football until I moved to Atlanta in '97...but after attending a few games I started rooting for the Falcons. Having Michael Vick come to town straight from VT made it even more sweeter.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Programmer/Analyst for UPS
7. How long have you been playing FOF? FOF2
8. How did you find out about this website? No idea.
9. Something interesting about you? I share the same hometown as Nobel Prize winner John Nash (A Beautiful Mind). We were both born in the local sanitorium.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:59 PM   #78
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

1. What is your first name? Paul

2. What does your online name mean? Bearcat because I went to UC, 72 was my High School football number, and 9 was going to be 96 which was the year I graduated high school.

3. What City do you live in? Cincinnati

4. How old are you? 26

5. What team do you root for and why? Cleveland Browns because I lived in Cleveland till I was 8 years old (My first favorite Football player was Brian Sipe) and the Cincinnati Reds because I didn't even know about baseball until I moved to Cincy.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I deliver Pizza's and go to UC in the Emergency Medical Services program

8. How did you find out about this web site? I was in a High Heat league with Dave Dial...er...um, Actually I was in a High Heat league with Sackattack and he lead me to the old FOF Boards and FOF2.

9. Something interesting about you? Lets see, I've delivered Pizza's to Brian Simmons, Corey Dillon, Sean Casey, Billy Doran, and Dick Lebeau. I had a good seat(Standing on the Sidelines, I wasn't a good player) to watch Ahmed Plummer destroy my high school football team
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:00 PM   #79
Easy Mac

Chris
My love of the food, and the easiness I wood women into bed, or "mac'ing"
Greenville
4. How old are you?
49ers, I just grew up watching Montana and Rice and Lott and Rathman and Craig...
School, and have no idea
2 years and 2 months
The CM messageboards
I shit like a madman
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:03 PM   #80
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
I shit like a madman

Is there doo-doo and feces all over your bathroom walls too?
Old 01-15-2004, 01:08 PM   #81
Easy Mac

Or girlfriend... whatever
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:11 PM   #82
hukarez
College Starter

1. What is your first name? Mark Wayne (Filipino thing)
2. What does your online name mean? Who cares?
3. What City do you live in? San Diego
4. How old are you? 25
5. What team do you root for and why? Chicago Bears - birth town!
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? VB .NET Junior Programmer / Graduated already
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since 4th Edition
8. How did you find out about this website? From Solecismic site
9. Something interesting about you? I've gone from UCSB, to SBCC, to UCSD to Long Beach to finally graduate. (Late bloomer!)
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:18 PM   #83
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
School, and have no idea

So...you do "School" for a living, and have no idea if you are in school?

(Edit: On second thought, that sounds about right...)

Last edited by corbes : 01-15-2004 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:35 PM   #84
TLK
Pro Starter

1. What is your first name? Kevin
2. What does your online name mean? The Barry Sanders poster with him and the lion
3. What City do you live in? Fremont, OH.... soon to be moving back to Michigan
4. How old are you? 23
5. What team do you root for and why? Lions and Paul Tracy.... I also root against the Red Wings and anything related to the IRL
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Part-time school and full-time Grocery manager.... looking at just going back to school full-time and finishing it up
8. How did you find out about this website? Web search.... I've been around since before FOF2 but after Jim soldout of FOF1
9. Something interesting about you? I wrote a 250+ page autobiography a year or so ago for National Novel Month
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 02:01 PM   #85
Tasan
College Starter

1. What is your first name? David
2. What does your online name mean? Until recently I thought it was just a made up name I came up with, but recently I've googled it and found that its the name of a Korean Philosopher. Interesting.
3. What city do you live in? Houston essentially.
4. How old are you? Another twentysomething, 28
5. What team do you root for and why? The Dallas Cowboys and the Texas Rangers primarily, and the rest of the Dallas teams secondarily. Silver and blue runs through my family's blood, I had no choice ;- ) Plus, I root for the Texas A&M Aggies as I'm a former student.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm a stay at home dad and I'm currently going to back to school at night to get a technical degree.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF2k1 first came out.
8. How did you find out about this website? I was googling for fof related information and it came up. Hooked ever since.
9. Something interesting about you? I was an army brat. I spent the 10 of my first 15 years of life in Germany. I've visited every western European country because of this.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:02 PM   #86
JeeberD
General Manager

Where in Germany did you live Tasan? I lived in Frankfurt for three years and Stuttgart for four years when I was growing up. I miss Germany a lot sometimes...

Last edited by JeeberD : 01-15-2004 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:03 PM   #87
DanGarion
Coordinator

1. What is your first name? Dan/Daniel
2. What does your online name mean? Well it's Dan and then Garion, Garion is a character from books by David Eddings named Belgarion.
3. What City do you live in? The O.C. you know like the TV show? I pass the Big A (Home of the Anaheim Angels) everyday on my way to work.
4. How old are you? Just turned 28
5. What team do you root for and why? Depends on the sport. 49ers because when I started to like football they were the best late 80's, Chargers because they are our local team. USC because it's the first football game I remember ever seeing and I wanted to do there.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Right now I'm a supervisor for Time Warner Cable for our high speed internet service. I'm probably going to be a trainer for the whole company very soon one I have my interview.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Four months.
8. How did you find out about this website? OOTP
9. Something interesting about you? I can drink a bottle of beer in 10.5 seconds.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 02:09 PM   #88
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Where in Germany did you live Tasan? I lived in Frankfurt for three years and Stuttgart for four years when I was growing up. I miss Germany a lot sometimes...

I really miss it, I plan on taking my wife and kids around my old stomping grounds at some point. My dad was stationed in Wurtzburg(82-85), Bad Kissingen(87-90), and Kaiserslatern(78-80). We had good friends in Stuttgart during our stay in Wurtzburg, the Lynns. They had two daughters a little older than me, Shannon and Collene. If you were there around then, maybe you knew them.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:10 PM   #89
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

David

Well, I got the nickname Fozzie for my sense of humor and love of puns. Added Sir to it for reasons I'd prefer not to get into here (it IS a family board after all.. but if you make a reasoned guess about my online activities (not a silly one) you may just be correct.

Franklin, MA (about 45 minutes outside of Boston, or as we say, Bahstan)

4. How old are you?

In order of passion: Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots, New England Revolution (got season tickets this year! ), Boston Celtics, Cambridge United (English football (what we call soccer), Boston Bruins. Why? All local teams, except for Cambridge.

Work for EMC Clariion tech support

Since the initial one, and other sports sims prior.

Searched for Front Office Football

Former on-air DJ, the "Original Wildman" Dave Yellope. Still wish I could be a DJ again.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:11 PM   #90
Silver Owl
High School JV

1. What is your first name? Tim
2. What does your online name mean? Favorite bird.
3. What City do you live in? Copley, OH. A couple miles from Akron
4. How old are you? 43
5. What team do you root for and why? All Cleveland teams, Cincinnati Reds, Carolina Panthers.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? CNC machinist for 25 years now.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? 1st edition.
8. How did you find out about this website? Can't remember.
9. Something interesting about you? Can't think of anything interesting.
Silver Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 02:16 PM   #91
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
2. What does your online name mean? Well it's Dan and then Garion, Garion is a character from books by David Eddings named Belgarion.

I believe the first set of books went by the name, The Belgariad. Great books, all.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 01-15-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 02:19 PM   #92
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Bone: Read again. He said "Garion is a charcter from books by David Eddings named Belgarion"

All he was explaining the character's name
Old 01-15-2004, 02:21 PM   #93
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan
I really miss it, I plan on taking my wife and kids around my old stomping grounds at some point. My dad was stationed in Wurtzburg(82-85), Bad Kissingen(87-90), and Kaiserslatern(78-80). We had good friends in Stuttgart during our stay in Wurtzburg, the Lynns. They had two daughters a little older than me, Shannon and Collene. If you were there around then, maybe you knew them.

No, I wouldn't have known them. I was in Stuttgart from 88-92, so that was a little before my time...

Interesting, my dad graduated from K-Town High back in...ohh...it must have been 1964-ish. We used to take trips down there every once in a while to see his old stomping grounds. He also lived in Hiedelburg when he was younger.

Bad Kissingen...I'm pretty sure I played either baseball or basketball against them. I can't remember if it was during my year on the JV basketball team or if it was in one of my years in a youth rec league. Either way, I'm pretty sure we whupped them...

Old 01-15-2004, 02:22 PM   #94
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Bone: Read again. He said "Garion is a charcter from books by David Eddings named Belgarion"

All he was explaining the character's name

the sentence should have been phrased differently.

"named Belgarion" could refer to "Garion" or "books" -- i took it as "books".

But, point taken.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 02:33 PM   #95
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
No, I wouldn't have known them. I was in Stuttgart from 88-92, so that was a little before my time...

Interesting, my dad graduated from K-Town High back in...ohh...it must have been 1964-ish. We used to take trips down there every once in a while to see his old stomping grounds. He also lived in Hiedelburg when he was younger.

Bad Kissingen...I'm pretty sure I played either baseball or basketball against them. I can't remember if it was during my year on the JV basketball team or if it was in one of my years in a youth rec league. Either way, I'm pretty sure we whupped them...

Well, BK only went up to elementary school on post, so you prolly played our pathetic youth league baseball team. One of my dad's buddies coached us, and he had no business doing so. Plus, we didn't have a huge talent base to draw from anyway, we were a small post, mainly just there for a staging area for the 2/11 armored Cav. They were the quick response unit in case the Russians decided to cross the Fulda Gap. I think we were about 80 km from the border. Oh the fun of wondering if we were going to be overrun by Russians! ;- )
Old 01-15-2004, 02:45 PM   #96
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

1. What is your first name? Mike
2. What does your online name mean? It's my last name and you add boy to it. Simple as that.
3. What City do you live in? Well, Barron, WI, but I go to college in Oshkosh, WI.
4. How old are you? 21
5. What team do you root for and why? Vikings... After week 17, I don't know why. I'm also a Cubs fan... Don't ask how I liked teams out of state.. Who gives a ****
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I go to school, as stated above, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh where I play baseball..
7. How long have you been playing FOF? since version... 2003
8. How did you find out about this website? Through TPF boards.. I enjoy it here more, just more my kinda people
9. Something interesting about you? Errr-mmm.... I love playin open-gym basketball.. Now listen, this may be funny to you. I'm a 5'10'' little white-boy, I have hearing aids, and I'm one helluvan athlete. I go to open-gym with guys I don't know, right? Well, it works out pretty well because since I wear hearing aids I must suck right? So I get the worst guy to guard me. Well, those ****heads find out differently a few minutes into the game. Anyways, I think that's interestingly funny.

Last edited by mauchow : 01-15-2004 at 02:54 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 02:50 PM   #97
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

1. What is your first name? John

2. What does your online name mean? Nickname given to me by the guys on my baseball team 10 years ago. Still unsure why they called me "Johnny Shaka" because there used to be this little black kid who would dance in the aisles at Ottawa Senators' games between whistles with that name. I'm a big white guy who needs a case of beer to even get the nerve up to dance, let alone even do it well.

3. What City do you live in? Edmonton, Alberta...born here...moved to Ottawa when I was 4...moved back here when I was 24.

4. How old are you? just turned 29

5. What team do you root for and why? Edmonton Oilers (always have cheered for them cause I was born here and Paul Coffey is my second cousin), Oakland Athletics (loved them ever since I saw a picture of Rickey Henderson in one of those old O-Pee-Chee sticker books), and the Eagles (saw an NFL Films episode showcasing mobile QBs and Randall Cunningham caught my eye instantly).

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Work in the IT Dept of a schoolboard on the outskirts of Edmonton.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Only own TCY...but have had that for about a year.

8. How did you find out about this website? OOTP Boards.

9. Something interesting about you? I'm righthanded, but bat left, golf left, shoot (hockey) left and stroke with my left hand.

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 01-15-2004 at 06:26 PM.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 02:50 PM   #98
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan
Well, BK only went up to elementary school on post, so you prolly played our pathetic youth league baseball team. One of my dad's buddies coached us, and he had no business doing so. Plus, we didn't have a huge talent base to draw from anyway, we were a small post, mainly just there for a staging area for the 2/11 armored Cav. They were the quick response unit in case the Russians decided to cross the Fulda Gap. I think we were about 80 km from the border. Oh the fun of wondering if we were going to be overrun by Russians! ;- )

I was about to say that we may have played against each other, but you're a year and a half older than me. We may have been in different age groups at that time. Do you remember ever playing a team from Robinson Barracks (RB)?

Old 01-15-2004, 03:17 PM   #99
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
the sentence should have been phrased differently.

"named Belgarion" could refer to "Garion" or "books" -- i took it as "books".

But, point taken.

Yeah I should have said the character Belgarion from books by David Eddings
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:19 PM   #100
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

1. What is your first name? Sunny

2. What does your online name mean? Graduated from Neuqua Valley High School in 2002 and just always digged the name.

3. What City do you live in? Naperville, about 30 minutes outside of Chicago.

4. How old are you? Just turned 20 last month.

5. What team do you root for and why? My two main loves are the Chicago Cubs and Bulls but I do root for all the Chicago based teams. And I've always liked Duke's mens basketball team. I'm trying to find a team in the EPL to get attached to, and I won't let my family over there convince me to join the evil empire (Man Utd.)

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Currently in my sophomore year in college.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? I bought FOF2 when it had just been released.

8. How did you find out about this website? I somehow stumbled onto the Sideline, although I have no idea how.

9. Something interesting about you? Me and Marmel dated a few years back, although he won't care to admit it anymore.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote