Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2004, 04:10 AM   #1
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Who are you?

Sorry if something like this has been posted before, but I saw it over at maddenmania a while back and thought it was interesting.

1. What is your first name?
2. What does your online name mean?
3. What City do you live in?
4. How old are you?
5. What team do you root for and why?
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?
7. How long have you been playing FOF?
8. How did you find out about this website?
9. Something interesting about you?

GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:13 AM   #2
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

I guess I'll go first......
1. What is your first name? Nathan
2. What does your online name mean? I want the Seahawks to win
3. What City do you live in? Portland, Oregon
4. How old are you? 22
5. What team do you root for and why? The Seahawks, because I grew up watching them play.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I currently work in retail which I hate with a passion, and I am trying to finish up school.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since the first edition.
8. How did you find out about this website? Rumors
9. Something interesting about you? Pitched in college until I tore some ligaments in my arm.
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:30 AM   #3
Groundhog
Coordinator

1. What is your first name? Angus
2. What does your online name mean? Not much, it's a song title.
3. What City do you live in? Sydney, Australia
4. How old are you? 22
5. What team do you root for and why? In Football, the underdog.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I work in IT doing user support.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Just over a month.
8. How did you find out about this website? I kept seeing people linking to it on other message boards.
9. Something interesting about you? Umm... I've moved house 6 times in the past 15 years, and I'm no more than 15 mins drive from any of those 6 locations...
Old 01-15-2004, 04:34 AM   #4
Vince
Pro Starter

1. My first name is Vince.
2. Go figure.
3. Isla Vista, CA (near Santa Barbara...if you don't know where that is, it's about an hour north of Los Angeles)
4. 22 years old
5. Anything and everything San Francisco. Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Sharks, Earthquakes. Grew up in the area, and I was all about Will Clark back in the day. Definitely have a 'Willpower' poster on my wall right now
6. Full time student at the University of California in Santa Barbara (UCSB Gauchos). Also a full-time employee, doing upscale food service (I have to wear a tie every day), and an intern for Octagon Baseball, a player representation firm.
7. I've been playing FOF since The College Years came out.
8. I heard about FOFC in a review for TCY, I believe.
9. Something interesting...I was the #2 novice foil fencer in the Southwest in 2002, and I have played the piano for 13 years now.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:34 AM   #5
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola - What the hell are the odds that the first three of us that responded would all be 22?

The answer, of course, must be 2/3.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 01-15-2004 at 04:35 AM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:36 AM   #6
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

1. What is your first name? John
2. What does your online name mean? I'm big (6'2" 275) my name is John and I'm a Lions fan
3. What City do you live in? New York
4. How old are you? 31
5. What team do you root for and why? Detroit Lions. I grew up in Detroit & I kinda like the torture!
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Work in radio & am in school (3.95 GPA)
7. How long have you been playing FOF? since FOF2
8. How did you find out about this website? Google
9. Something interesting about you? I can't think of anything. I lead a boring life...
BigJohn&TheLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:45 AM   #7
Ragone
Pro Rookie

1. What is your first name? Brian
2. What does your online name mean? Dave Ragone was my dorm roomate(nice guy)
3. What City do you live in? Kansas City
4. How old are you? 27
5. What team do you root for and why? Louisville Cardinals(alum)
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Line Work at Ford
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since first edition
8. How did you find out about this website? i forget
9. Something interesting about you? I forced Ladell Betts to fumble in high school

Last edited by Ragone : 08-26-2004 at 01:16 AM.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:55 AM   #8
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

1. What is your first name? Patrick

2. What does your online name mean? not much really, obvious frog reference 'cuz I'm french but apart from that, just the name I usually use for all my fantasy sports team...

3. What City do you live in? depends, I move around a lot. Right now, a village near Montpellier, not the one in Vermont, the one in the south of France

4. How old are you? 33 today (32 yesterday)

5. What team do you root for and why? NY Giants, because I spent some time as a kid and teenager in NY state.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? work in quality control and assurance, construction management for high tech industries

7. How long have you been playing FOF? since TCY

8. How did you find out about this website? from the mogulsport forum

9. Something interesting about you? I have visited some 20 countries, lived in 4, speak 3 languages and have an interesting theory of 'living my life in thirds' : when I was 6, I had lived 2 years in the USA. When I was 15, I had lived 5 years in the USA. When I was 21 years, I had lived 7 years abroad (5 US + 2 UK). When I was 27, I had lived 9 years abroad (+ 2 in germany). Wonder what's next for me...
Old 01-15-2004, 05:01 AM   #9
Peregrine
Pro Starter

1. What is your first name? Kendall
2. What does your online name mean? Come from the Peregrine Falcon, I just liked it and picked it up as a handle a while back
3. What City do you live in? Raleigh, NC
4. How old are you? 34 (ouch, that sounds old)
5. What team do you root for and why? Washington Redskins, been a huge fan forever, was born in DC and lived around there growing up. Also Carolina Panthers, when they started up in Charlotte I got dual fan citizenship with them like a lot of people around here did, tons of Redskins fans in my area too Tennessee Volunteers.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Network engineer at a telecommunications company
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF 2001
8. How did you find out about this website? Searched around for a website to support the game.
9. Something interesting about you? I went to much joked about (and noted FBCB lightweight) William and Mary!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:48 AM   #10
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
9. Something interesting about you? I went to much joked about (and noted FBCB lightweight) William and Mary!
You're kidding?! Did you graduate in '91? I am class of '93....didn't realize there was a Tribe Alum on the boards

Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 01-15-2004 at 06:49 AM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:15 AM   #11
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

1. What is your first name? Cameron

2. What does your online name mean? Not much

3. What City do you live in? Oklahoma City

4. How old are you? 29.

5. What team do you root for and why? Any of the Boston teams. I was born in MA and still have a lot of family there.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I host a morning radio show.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since August of 2001.

8. How did you find out about this website? I think I did a google search for TCY and found this place.

9. Something interesting about you? I'm actually a 55 year old woman.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:18 AM   #12
Subby
lolzcat

1. What is your first name? Joseph, but I go by my middle name, Chris (short for Christopher).

2. What does your online name mean? It is shorthand for Suburban Films, a fake studio I ran in a game called Virtual Producer back in 99-00. The site has now morphed into film-mogul.com. I also ran an ad agency in the game and made a ton of fake movie posters, which you can see here.

3. What City do you live in? McLean, VA - a suburb about 8 miles southwest of DC. The CIA is about 5 miles from my house and I have fun fellow McLean neighbors like Colin Powell and Ethel Kennedy. Of course, they live in slightly nice neighborhoods than I do.

4. How old are you? 32. 33 in a few weeks. The age where fellow immature fat guys Chris Farley and John Belushi ate it.

5. What team do you root for and why? I am a die hard Washington Redskins fan. Growing up in central Virginia (around Richmond) there was that and NASCAR...and I just never really liked NASCAR.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I am Director of Information Services for the Reinsurance Association of America - a trade association for the property and casualty reinsurance companies in the US. Reinsurance is insurance for insurance companies. Now you know.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF2.

8. How did you find out about this website? A friend from Virtual Producer told me about the site. VirtualProducer.com had just been sold to HSX and subsequently shut down and I was looking for something new. He told me about the game and the site and that was that...

9. Something interesting about you? My community service focus is blood donation. I do something called automated blood collection (abc) where they sit you in a big comfortable chair and hook you up to a machine that draws your blood, spins the platelets and plasma out of it, and then returns the blood to your body. At the end of the cycle the machine draws a donation unit of blood, so after about 90 minutes to 2 hours you have donated platelets, plasma, and blood. Because of my blood type and characteristics most of my donations go to newborn babies and infants.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 01-15-2004, 07:26 AM   #13
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

1. What is your first name? Todd
2. What does your online name mean? Go Mizzou!
3. What City do you live in? Troy, Missouri
4. How old are you? 32
5. What team do you root for and why? Rams, because the Cardinals left! (Thank you Bidwell)
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? HP/Compaq Technician
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF2
8. How did you find out about this website? Saw the link on Sportplanet years ago.
9. Something interesting about you? I served 4 great years in the Marines and 6 hot months in Saudi Arabia.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:31 AM   #14
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

1. What is your first name? Chris

2. What does your online name mean? My last name is Karo...like the syrup.

3. What City do you live in? Tallahassee, FL

4. How old are you? 32

5. What team do you root for and why? Football - Denver; baseball - Philadelphia; hockey - Detroit, and since I'm from Detroit, I always root for the Tigers and Lions. I don't watch basketball, but I generally root for the Pistons. College sports - FSU, of course, and Michigan.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm an attorney, handling mainly insurance regulatory and corporate matters. I'm sure a couple of our clients are members of Subby's organization.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF2

8. How did you find out about this website? Not quite sure. It must have been through a google search.

9. Something interesting about you? I'm a huge music fan, mainly hard rock/metal. I collect bootlegs. And I'm a sucker for 29 year old guys who are actually 55 year old women.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:43 AM   #15
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
You're kidding?! Did you graduate in '91? I am class of '93....didn't realize there was a Tribe Alum on the boards

Yep, sure did! Cool to know someone else went there too!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:49 AM   #16
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Yep, sure did! Cool to know someone else went there too!
Crazy. My wife graduated from W&M the same year you did.

Sorry if I accidently vomitted on you at some point

Old 01-15-2004, 07:51 AM   #17
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Manuel

The place I live in is Breizh, so...

Lorient, France

4. How old are you?

In Soccer, Rennes and Lorient, else I don't root for any particular team

Currently unemployed

Since FOF2001

Don't remember, Google I think

Lived 7 years in Venezuela (Caracas), 1 in Canada (Ottawa), 1 in Spain (San Sebastian)
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:20 AM   #18
Sloan
High School JV

1. What is your first name? Jay
2. What does your online name mean? It is the name of a band.
3. What City do you live in? Utica, MI
4. How old are you? 28
5. What team do you root for and why? Detroit Lions
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? IT
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF2K1
8. How did you find out about this website? Google I think
9. Something interesting about you? I'm really good at throwing all sorts of food items high into the air and catching them in my mouth.
Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:24 AM   #19
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:
Something interesting about you? I went to much joked about (and noted FBCB lightweight) William and Mary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby

Hey guys, I applied to William and Mary and am considering attending there. Have any thoughts on the on the school to offer? Here probably wouldn't be the place to post but feel free to PM me or post it in my thread about the subject. You can find that here: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ad.php?t=13260
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:28 AM   #20
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
1. What is your first name? Fritz, short for Frederick
2. What does your online name mean? Fritz. Its a real name. You can look that up
3. What City do you live in? Hampton Roads, Virgina is the region
4. How old are you? 35
5. What team do you root for and why? Dolphins, because I am not an idiot
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? IT
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF2 was released
8. How did you find out about this website? Everyone left the sideline, and I wondered where they went
9. Something interesting about you? I have 9 toes on one foot
Old 01-15-2004, 08:29 AM   #21
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Crazy. My wife graduated from W&M the same year you did.

Sorry if I accidently vomitted on you at some point

You W&M guys are a bunch of poofs.

On the high side, I probably had sex on a table used to prepare your food.

Last edited by Fritz : 01-15-2004 at 08:29 AM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:34 AM   #22
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Subby, you wouldn't happen to know a Christine Bakewell? (i know this is a dumb question - almost like asking, "did you happen to see this one grain of sand on the beach?", but she was born and raised in McLean VA and was still there as of 91, IIRC.

Also, nice movie:

Chunky
suburbia. cosmetics. crack.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 01-15-2004 at 08:42 AM.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:34 AM   #23
Fido
High School Varsity

1. What is your first name? Dave
2. What does your online name mean? Highschool nickname (whole family actuallly) - some bastardization of Fedolfi (last name)
3. What City do you live in? West Lebanon (if you can call it a city)
4. How old are you? 33 (on the 26th)
5. What team do you root for and why? Miami Hurricanes. My roommate my first year in HS (boarding school) was a big FSU fan. I wasn't into college FB so naturally started rooting for the Canes just to piss him off and it just kind of stuck.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Manager of Software Development at an engineering firm (we're hiring if anyone's interrested)
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since just before my first post here
8. How did you find out about this website? hmmm...bought TCY and was looking for sites that provided information about it (tips/strategies) and this was the only place.
9. Something interesting about you? Interresting? Hmmm...never finished college - that's about as interresting as I get.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:35 AM   #24
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

1. What is your first name? Ty

2. What does your online name mean? My undying worship for all things TCU

3. What City do you live in? Fort Worth, Texas

4. How old are you? 33

5. What team do you root for and why? TCU and the Cowboys because I have listened to or watched them ever since I can remember

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I am a fireman. I figured I would put my engineering degree to maximum use.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since FOF 2.

8. How did you find out about this website? Ryan said we were moving.

9. Something interesting about you? I like to read a lot. Histories of war, sci-fi, fantasy and chess books. I also collect mp3's of old time radio shows like "The Shadow" and "Suspense". (pm me if you ever want any)
Old 01-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #25
Radii
Head Coach

1. What is your first name? Richard
2. What does your online name mean? Richard Allen Dixon II
3. What City do you live in? Atlanta, GA
4. How old are you? 27
5. What team do you root for and why? In order of importance: North Carolina Tar Heel basketball, Chicago Cubs, Carolina Panthers, Georgia Tech football.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Mostly, I post on this board. When I'm not doing that I am a Java programmer for a healthcare clearinghouse.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since the original FOF was released, I forget how long ago that was now.
8. How did you find out about this website? comp.ibm.games.pc.sports newsgroup posts pointing people here for FOF questions
9. Something interesting about you? I am the single most boring person in the world.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:42 AM   #26
Icy
Pro Starter

1. What is your first name? Ivan (rusian name but also common in Spain)
2. What does your online name mean? My name and surnames initials, liked how it sounded in english.
3. What City do you live in? Toledo, Spain.
4. How old are you? 28
5. What team do you root for and why? Umm for american football the Dolphins because i have been in their stadium and Miami is the only USA city i have visited, there are tons of spanish living there too, i felt like at home.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Own an online adult entertainment company. (That sounds better than "i own a internet porn company" ) Also own a computers shop.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since TCY
8. How did you find out about this website? Google
9. Something interesting about you? I play guitar in a rock band.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:49 AM   #27
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz
On the high side, I probably had sex on a table used to prepare your food.
Probably. And the same guy probably served said food to me as well...

Old 01-15-2004, 08:52 AM   #28
Calis
College Starter

1. What is your first name? Jonathan
2. What does your online name mean? Taken from a character from a Raymond E. Feist book I was a huge fan of when I was a kid. (Ok, so still am actually.)
3. What City do you live in? Layton, UT. Blech.
4. How old are you? 22(Damn, I missed the string of 22's earlier!)
5. What team do you root for and why? Washington Redskins. As a young pup I was quite enamored with The Posse. It stuck throughout life, although it's been quite trying.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Right now I'm a computer programmer for the USAF, but soon hope to be done with that and going back to school!
7. How long have you been playing FOF? I started with TCY.
8. How did you find out about this website? Think I just ran across it searching for how the hell to play TCY.
9. Something interesting about you? Hmm, this one is tough. I'll just go with what I've been dealing with recently. I spent most of my childhood being a huge computer nerd, and having the dream of becoming a programmer. Sad isn't? Now I am one and I can't wait to get out, hate it. So my new dream is to go back home to Kansas, go to Washburn and study Radiology. Ok, that's probably not that interesting, to hell with ya though!
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:05 AM   #29
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
Subby, you wouldn't happen to know a Christine Bakewell? (i know this is a dumb question - almost like asking, "did you happen to see this one grain of sand on the beach?", but she was born and raised in McLean VA and was still there as of 91, IIRC.
No - I actually have only lived here for a few years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
Also, nice movie:
Chunky
suburbia. cosmetics. crack.
Thanks. That was the best one I ever wrote for that game

Old 01-15-2004, 09:07 AM   #30
Samdari
Roster Filler

Icy, after your answer to #6, I do not think you really needed to answer #9, it was already covered.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:10 AM   #31
MikeVic
Head Coach

1. What is your first name? Michael
2. What does your online name mean? Michael is my first name, Victor is my middle name.. when I heard about Michael Vick in college, I just HAD to be the clever one to use my name as MikeVic..
3. What City do you live in? Winnipeg
4. How old are you? 20
5. What team do you root for and why? Steelers: used them in Madden 2000, and theyve stuck with me ever since. Raptors, Blue Jays: Canadian teams. Michigan State Spartans: started watching college basketball when they had Cleaves, Peterson, Richardson, etc. Real Madrid: they've gots Ronaldo!
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Full-time co-op Computer Science student at the University of Manitoba. Currently in my first work term, doing IT.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Only played FOF2K1..
8. How did you find out about this website? Was searching for info. on this game, and this site came up.
9. Something interesting about you? Nothing.

Last edited by MikeVic : 01-15-2004 at 09:12 AM.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:12 AM   #32
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

1. What is your first name? Keith
2. What does your online name mean? Ayyyyyyyy!
3. What City do you live in? Tucson
4. How old are you? 32
5. What team do you root for and why? In football I root for the Green Bay Packers, as I spent most of my childhood in Wisconsin. In baseball I root for the St. Louis Cardinals, as I also lived in St. Louis for a few years as a youngster.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I defended my dissertation in psychology last year and have since been working as a postdoctoral fellow (largely in Alzheimer's disease research).
8. How did you find out about this website? Via an online search engine (forget which one), back in the Sideline days.
9. Something interesting about you? When I was eight years old my father took me to a car show in Rolla, Missouri, at which I met the "celebrity" host, Donna Douglas (Ellie May Clampet from the "Beverly Hillbillies"). She autographed a napkin for me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. *blushes*
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #33
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

1. What is your first name? Chris
2. What does your online name mean? It's a combination of a nickname derived from my last name and the year that I was born.
3. What City do you live in? Carrollton, Texas. It's a suburb of Dallas.
4. How old are you? 32
5. What team do you root for and why? Dallas Stars because they started my love afair with hockey. New Orleans Saints because I like pain.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Quality Assurance Technician
7. How long have you been playing FOF? 4 years?
8. How did you find out about this website? From the old board. I don't remember how I found the old one. Maybe an article link?
9. Something interesting about you? I'm on a diet so don't fuck with me.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #34
jcclark02
n00b

1. What is your first name? James

2. What does your online name mean? It's just a combination of my first, middle and las name.

3. What City do you live in? Huntsville, AL

4. How old are you? 30

5. What team do you root for and why? Auburn and Mizzou, Auburn because I fell in love with them when I moved to AL and Mizzou because I'm from Columbia.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? currently unemployed.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since August 2000

8. How did you find out about this website? search engine, yahoo I think.

9. Something interesting about you? I was born and raised in Columbia, Missouri
Old 01-15-2004, 09:28 AM   #35
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Rodney

Æ

The site helped me appreciate the work of DC Talk. Back in in the mid 90's, DCT released an album called "Jesus Freak". It became all too popular and it was cool to be called a "Jesus Freak". Online names were filled with this name and the varieties...people wanting to associate themselves with this name.

To make a long story short, I am a freak, and by definition I once had in my signature, that makes me an ardent enthusiast. I just don't like being associated with the "Jesus Freak" name because it's popular.

Really depends on what day it is. I am in Great Lakes, IL Monday through Friday morning to afternoon, and in Bonne Terre, MO from Friday night until Sunday night or monday morning.

4. How old are you?

The Tennessee Vols. I moved to Lenoir City, TN, in 7th grade and the whole town rooted for the Vols. I had never seen anything like it. I haven't seen anything like it since. I rooted for the Razorbacks, well sort of. I lived in Arkansas, and I knew that was the college team from Arkansas. That's all I knew. I didn't watch football. At all.

It just so happened they played each other that year, I think in the Cotton Bowl. It was me against my entire class, and if had money in middle school I'd have had to pay everyone off, because UT tore up the Hogs.

After that, I transferred my "allegiance" to the Vols. I even started watching "some" football. Now, it's all I talk or think about, and I could easily describe to you the finer points of the bunch concept offense.

Go figure.

Well, I'm in the US Navy, and I'm in school, sort of. I'm in shore communications class, taught by the Navy, right now. I've got an average of 99.78%, having missed one question in the whole class.

I follow that with BIT, basic instructor training, where I WILL teach my fellow instructors the finer points of the bunch concept offense (you get to pick your topic and teach it ).

I will then be an instructor on the base for the next 3 years. I leave the service after that, doing who knows what.

I own FOF2001 and TCY. Since, umm, 2001, I guess.

The draft game Jim had a few years back. I mentioned in the chat (Jim really helped me out by getting me to the irc chat room) that Jim needed a message board. I knew that there were others out there that enjoyed this game, but I didn't know how to find them. Someone there gave me the link to the forum, and I've been a member since. April 2002

I could be shot or hung if I give out government secrets during a time of war. No joke.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:32 AM   #36
3ric
College Starter

1. What is your first name? Kristian
2. What does your online name mean? Nothing, I tried to be clever and use something with a number in the name.
3. What City do you live in? Goteborg, Sweden.
4. How old are you? 33 in two weeks (the 29th)
5. What team do you root for and why? Pittsburgh Steelers, I've been to a game in Three Rivers Stadium. But I like the Packers too. In soccer, my hometown team IFK Goteborg (winnigest team ever in Sweden and only Swedish team to win the UEFA cup) and Liverpool.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? System developer for one of the 10 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
8. How did you find out about this website? When the Sideline disappeared, I somehow migrated and stopped lurking.
9. Something interesting about you? I've studied linguistics and have a big interest in languages.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:33 AM   #37
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

1. What is your first name? David
2. What does your online name mean? A very off-color reference to the dance team of the Albany Firebirds of the AFL.
3. What City do you live in? Northville, NY
4. How old are you? 39
5. What team do you root for and why? AFC East teams and the Colts. I'm from Indy, and have lived or loved in the other cities.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Own and operate a marina on the Great Sacandaga Lake (ie a boat mechanic.)
8. How did you find out about this website? I really don't remember.
9. Something interesting about you? I am a Mason, and I'm typing this post one-handed. I had surgery on my left shoulder yesterday, and i'm very high on darvacet right now.
Flame Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:36 AM   #38
Poli
FOFC Survivor

[quote=3ric]1. What is your first name? Kristian
2. What does your online name mean? Nothing, I tried to be clever and use something with a number in the name.

Is this the first time you've posted your actual name? I thought you always kept it hidden...but told us, no, you're real name is not Eric.

Old 01-15-2004, 09:40 AM   #39
3ric
College Starter

[quote=ardent enthusiast]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric
1. What is your first name? Kristian

Is this the first time you've posted your actual name? I thought you always kept it hidden...but told us, no, you're real name is not Eric.

No, it has leaked out slowly to some guys, I know that MIJB#19 uses my real name sometimes when he responds to me - Alf too I think.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:45 AM   #40
Alf
Pro Starter

I usually PM to Kristian and Matthijs rather than 3ric and MIJB#19
Old 01-15-2004, 09:50 AM   #41
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

1. What is your first name? Eric

Based on a left wing book from the 40's called The Journal of Albion Moonlight.

3. What City do you live in? New Orleans

4. How old are you? 27

The New Orleans Saints, because I grew up watching them. UNC TarHeels because I went to law school there.

I clerk for a judge.

Since FOF2

I did an internet search for Front Office Football

I was once in an elevator with Eric Estrada.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 01-15-2004 at 10:06 AM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:54 AM   #42
Alf
Pro Starter

1. What is your first name? Richard
2. What does your online name mean? Alf from the TV show, I am somehow supposed to be like him...
3. What City do you live in?Rennes, France
4. How old are you?32, 33 in a couple of weeks
5. What team do you root for and why?Colts because of Manning, 49ers because.., Bordeaux in soccer, grown up there
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?Computer Engineer
7. How long have you been playing FOF?Dec 2001
8. How did you find out about this website?I somehow stumbled on Darkiller's web page and his VC Brown Challenge => linking to the board
9. Something interesting about you?I don't speak too bad english for a French Man

Last edited by Alf : 01-15-2004 at 09:55 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:57 AM   #43
Pro Rookie

Useless bit of trivia : average age so far is 29.4 years.

(and no wonder Fritz is so bitter, he 's the oldest... )

Last edited by fantastic flying froggies : 01-15-2004 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Alf posted his reply while I was computing, screwing my average up...
fantastic flying froggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #44
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Icy, after your answer to #6, I do not think you really needed to answer #9, it was already covered.

Yeah my work is already something interesting
I started as freelance web designer and learned a lot about internet websites promotion, host managent, web programming, etc, just as hobby and to get some money while i was at university. After some time, i noticed where was the real money in internet and five months later i left university to work full time on it and found my own company. This was 3 years ago and i'm really happy of doing that.

Last edited by Icy : 01-15-2004 at 10:04 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:02 AM   #45
Pro Rookie

Other useless trivia : Subby, Fido, Alf and I are all 32 and turning 33 today or the next few days...
Old 01-15-2004, 10:04 AM   #46
corbes
College Benchwarmer

1. What is your first name? Dickson

2. What does your online name mean? It's a high school nickname -- a shortened version of my last name.

3. What City do you live in?suburban Philadelphia in person, Chapel Hill NC in spirit, and Montpelier VT, also in spirit.

4. How old are you? 24

5. What team do you root for and why? UNC - (graduated '01); all Philadelphia teams.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm a glorified theme reader at a high school, and I also coach girls' basketball. I'll be headed off to law school next fall, if I ever finish my applications.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Spent freshman year of college playing FOF and Baseball Mogul instead of going to class

8. How did you find out about this website? Don't really know. I poked around the old board back in the day looking for gameplanning tips, but never posted.

9. Something interesting about you? I have two spirits in me. And it's not even noon yet.

Last edited by corbes : 01-15-2004 at 10:07 AM.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:07 AM   #47
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Dickson Corbes sounds like a good lawyer name.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:08 AM   #48
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
Dickson Corbes sounds like a good lawyer name.

Haha. It's my vaguely hispanic alter-ego.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:09 AM   #49
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Thumbs up

1. What is your first name? Nicholas, but I go by Nick
2. What does your online name mean? hmmm
3. What City do you live in? I live in the Ahwatukee Foothills of Phoenix, Arizona.
4. How old are you? I am 21 years old.
5. What team do you root for and why? I am a die hard 49ers fan, mainly because I was born in San Francisco and spent about half of my life in the Bay Area.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I am finishing up my degree as we speak. I also own a small PC business that I run out of my home.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? I have been playing FOF since FOF2
8. How did you find out about this website? Internet browsing.
9. Something interesting about you? I thought The Thin Red Line was a much better movie than Saving Private Ryan
Old 01-15-2004, 10:13 AM   #50
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Jason

I'm a North Carolina State fan and alum and their mascot is the Wolfpack

The frozen hell that is Ann Arbor, Michigan

4. How old are you?

First love is the alma mater because I grew up in North Carolina and until recently, NC didn't have any pro sports teams.

Programmer

Have only the TCY game and played that for two seasons. Think about picking it up again, but I'd like to have the new conference alignments.

I think I stumbled across it in a search engine while looking up the game

My daughter is eight weeks old today. Everything else in the world seems rather dull by comparison, particularly my job.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote