Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-14-2003, 04:01 PM   #51
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Oay I forgot to give some other information about the crew skills. Having a low skill isnt really a bad thing unless its your primary skill

Bombing=How accurate you drop bombs, a higher rating leads to more damage

Navigation=This isnt a big skill for us, because I have the navigation set to flawless. I never liked having to plot the course so i let the computer handle it.

Gunnery=how well you fire the guns of course

First Aid = probably the most or second most useful skill. Anytime someone gets wounded you have to use first aid. this will hopefully restore them to being conciousness and they can continue to perform their job. All players need a high skill here since you dont wanna someone to have to go from their position in the plane all the way to the other end of the plane.

Technical= I think this skill is underutilized. If I recall correctly this really only applies to fixing jammed guns and being able to transfer fuel from one tank to another via a manual switch. It says in the manual that the radio operator needs this skill, but i believe that it is because he operates the manual fuel transfer.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 04:10 PM   #52
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

So my only decent crew member is worthless.
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 04:51 PM   #53
Airhog
Captain Obvious

not really, remember that the only important skill is the one t hey need to do their job. However if someone gets too injured at the positions you most need, then someone else will have to step in.

Also remember that your skills will go up over time. After 3 or 4 missions we should see quite a few more above average skills

Here is how the skills break down

0=none
1=poor
2=below average
3= average
4= above average
5=good
6=???

I think there is a 6th level and possibly a 7th level

The only truly bad skill is a skill of none. that means they cant perform at that given station.

Old 11-14-2003, 05:11 PM   #54
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

My best crewmember is a navigator, you even said the skill pretty much isn't gonna be used. Hopefully my gunners will take up the slack.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:40 PM   #55
Airhog
Captain Obvious

It was a cloudy day over england as the bombers prepared for the mission. It was day of fate, as our squadron was prepared to fly their first mission over france. We took to the skys and by 8:45 am we were over the channel and in enemy airspace. Everything was quiet as we approached the decision point. The cloud cover looked very light, so we chose our primary target. Flak starts bursting around us as we turn towards the target and start our bomb run. Enemy fighters swoop in on us and lay some heavy barrages at our planes. Cloud Splitter shoots down one plane and Wind Dancer takes out another one. Everything is shaping up fine. We near the target and our payload is delivered totally destroying the site. Our load lightened we work our way towards the regrouping point for the flight back home. More Enemy fighters shoot through are ranks. Cloud splitter hits on as he comes up on us from behind. His engine explodes and the enemy plane drops right onto the square root of snoopy. The left wing is ripped from the fuselage and the plane quickly spirals into the ground. I fail to see any parachutes open before she crashes. The rest of the flight is uneventful and all 5 planes make it back to friendly soil.

Here is the mission update
Code:
Qwikshot Cloudsplitter 1 2 0 13 Active Sachmo71 The Four Horsemen 0 0 0 0 Active Coffee Warlord Rust Bucket 1 0 0 9 Active JeeberD The Flying Plantain 0 0 0 0 Active Nyarlahotep Crawling Chaos 1 0 0 9 Active Tasan The Mighty Madness 0 0 0 0 Active Archer219 The Stormbringer 0 0 0 0 Active Tucker342 Hitler Sucks 0 0 0 0 Active Mrbug708 TommyKnocker 1 0 0 9 Active GoldenEagle Golden Bomber 0 0 0 0 Active Mckerney Square Root of Snoopy 1 0 10 0 Destroyed Breeze Wind Dancer 1 1 0 11 Active The Afoci The Flying Crawfish 0 0 0 0 Active Render The Rajun Cajuns 0 0 0 0 Reserve

Here is the new crew and ship for The Afoci

Code:
The Flying Crawfish Herb A. Montiverdi S B 3 2 5 2 3 3 David J. Mohn S N 1 2 2 3 2 2 Andy L. Gordon M P 1 5 1 3 2 3 Michael P. Hall S CP 2 3 1 1 3 3 Derek M. Larson M TTG 4 1 0 1 3 4 Harold D Wilkinson S RO 3 0 1 1 4 3 Gary M Ford S BTG 3 0 0 0 2 2 Carl R. Harris S LWG 3 0 0 0 3 2 Joe J. XU M RWG 3 0 0 0 3 2 Kev C. Harms S TG 3 0 0 0 3 1

Old 11-14-2003, 08:44 PM   #56
Airhog
Captain Obvious

In order to make the bookeeping easier on me, I will only be updating the crew stats after several missions. There are 120 records that I would have to go through each time, and it is very time consuming. It not a problem to do medals, and injuries, but it is a problem checking the stats.

Also when it comes to repairing the plane, I will only ask you to make a decision if there is more work than needed done on you plane then time or parts to fix it. This will only include needed repairs and maintnance.

Old 11-14-2003, 08:45 PM   #57
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Alas, poor Snoopy, we barely got to know you.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:47 PM   #58
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Well that's a fine howdoyoudo? RIP Snoopy...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:48 PM   #59
Airhog
Captain Obvious

12/4/1943 - Operation Overcoat

We will continue the bombing of special weapon sites today with our primary target being the Abevile V1 Rocket Site. We should hope to have bombed all of the know weapon sites by the end of december barring bad weather. Our secondary target is Bois l' Enfer.

Flying this mission will be the other bombers that have not yet flown, excluding The Flying Crawfish, which just arrived this morning. Good luck men, and with your effort, we might just win this war.

Old 11-14-2003, 09:37 PM   #60
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Yikes. I hope they died quickly.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 09:48 PM   #61
tucker342
Pro Starter

I'm ready for action!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:58 PM   #62
Archer219
Mascot

count me in.
Or I can be the source of your desperation.
Archer219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 11:42 PM   #63
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Mission #2

We take off at 7:30am Flying Plantain leads our group of bombers over the english channel and into the enemy. They come prepared today, as we meet some stiff resistance and 8 enemy fighter planes. A few of t hem make it through our fighters, and attack the bombers. The Stormbringers get hit pretty hard on their control sufaces and engines. They dont have enough power to maintain altitude so they are forced to ditch their bombs and turn back for the coast. This is only a sign of things to come. Flying Plantains gunner Free is on fire today and shoots down 3 enemy craft. The fourhorsmen gunners take down one other craft. We reach the decision point, and Flying plantain chooses the main target. We line up for the bombing run and drop our bombs over the target. Unfortunately heavy cloud cover obscures the bombers view, and he only damages one building.(the game counts this as a miss) We meet no resistance on the way back, and have an uneventful journey back to friendly soil.

Code:
Name Plane Name Missions Kills KIA Points Status Qwikshot Cloudsplitter 1 2 0 13 Active Sachmo71 The Four Horsemen 1 1 0 7 Active Coffee Warlord Rust Bucket 1 0 0 5 Active JeeberD The Flying Plantain 1 3 0 11 Active Nyarlahotep Crawling Chaos 1 0 0 9 Active Tasan The Mighty Madness 1 0 0 5 Active Archer219 The Stormbringer 1 0 0 5 Active Tucker342 Hitler Sucks 1 0 0 5 Active Mrbug708 TommyKnocker 1 0 0 9 Active GoldenEagle Golden Bomber 1 0 0 5 Active Mckerney Square Root of Snoopy 1 0 10 0 Destroyed Breeze Wind Dancer 1 1 0 11 Active The Afoci The Flying Crawfish 0 0 0 0 Active Render The Rajun Cajuns 0 0 0 0 Reserve

12-6-1943 We have abandonded plans to destroy the V-1 rocket sites. High command has deemed this to be an unworthy cause. We are in the final stages of planning our next operation. However, we have identified some oil refineries in france that are ripe targets. Lieven Oil production has been designated the primary target. Harnese Oil production has been designated the secondary target. Both targets are small sites, but they refine specialty products needed for the luftwaffe. We can really hamper the operation of them by knocking them out. 12 planes will attack over the next 4 days. Our hope is to destroy 2 of the 3 sites.

Old 11-15-2003, 01:01 AM   #64
JeeberD
General Manager

Go Flying Plantain!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 01:48 AM   #65
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Crawling Chaos is ready for more action. These are the best missions, we get to bomb France and Nazis at the same time.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:08 AM   #66
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Ready to go.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 09:36 AM   #67
tucker342
Pro Starter

I'm ready!
Old 11-15-2003, 07:42 PM   #68
Archer219
Mascot

Lets kick some Nazi ass.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:00 PM   #69
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Mckerney: If you wish to sign back up, I need a new name for you.

Old 11-15-2003, 08:03 PM   #70
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Bomb them all!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 02:18 AM   #71
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Ive got one ready to post, and one other mission ready to post. I should have both posted tomorrow, and an updated crew file monday or tuesday.

Old 11-16-2003, 01:29 PM   #72
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I have created two polls. Please vote on them. I would really help give me an idea of how to proceed. feel free to leave comments and suggestions in this thread.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16817

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16819

Old 11-17-2003, 12:01 AM   #73
Airhog
Captain Obvious

12/7/1943 Lievens Oil Facility

The crews awoke before the dawn hours for their missions briefing. Outside the ground crews checked out planes, and loaded bombs, fuel, and ammo onto the planes.

Our target today is Lievens Oil Facility. Recons flights show abnormally high activity for such a small production facility. You will be carrying incendiary devices since they store fuel there.

Our departure time is 8:00am, expect moderate to heavy flak, and some enemy aircraft. The Luftwaffe has increased patrols in the area due to increased bombing. Here is the list of planes flying

CloudSplitter, Rustbacket, Flying Plantain, Crawling Chaos, Hitler Sucks and Stormbringer

We finally get into the air and head towards our target. The crews seem happy to be flying another short mission at under 600miles. They should be back for a late lunch if everything goes well. The flight is uneventful until well inside france. Suddenly 4 109's dive into our bomber group. Cloudsplitter Is on the ball today and takes out two as they pass through us. The two remaining aircraft turn around and make another pass. They get lucky this time, and rake the aft of Cloudsplitter. The tailgunner gets hit in the process. No-one knows how serious his wounds are. On the third pass Rustbucket takes down one of the fighters, and The Flying Plantain hits another one in the fuel take because it isntantly explodes and nearly misses Hitler Sucks. We near the target when another 3 planes attack our formation. This time the fight is without incident and 2 of the planes are taken out by cloudsplitter and the final plane is hit by hitler sucks.

We reach the target and under heavy flak drop our bombs taking out some of the structures(The game is wierd about what constitutes totall destruction, it dosent always concide with hitting all of the objects at the target site, just the ones deemed important i guess).

On the way back I order us up another 2k feet to climb out of the flak attacks. During this climb Roy J. onboard the Rustbucket gets hit by some shrapnel. Mike E. Kunzel aboard stormbringer also gets hit by some flak and it cut badly. Luckily neither men is hurt to bad. We fly back to the base and land safely.

Last edited by Airhog : 11-17-2003 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:21 AM   #74
Airhog
Captain Obvious

12/10/1943 Harnes Oil Facility

Todays facility has us attacking the Harnes Oil Facility. This facility is a sister facility to Lievens Oil Facility. If we can severly damage this facility we will put a severe damper on the production in this area. There is only one other oil production facility, and it mainly produces low grade fuels. This site has also had higher than usual activity around the site over the past week. We are hoping to capitalize on this and destroy whatever the germans are working on.

The Four Horsemen, Mighty Madness, TommyKnocker, Golden Bomber, Wind Dancer, and The Flying Crawfish will be flying todays mission.

This is another short mission, which should only last for several hours and is less than 600 miles.

By 8am we have reached the coast of france and turn towards our target. We quickly are attack by 2 groups of planes, some 109's and some 111's Golden bomber is on the money today as their tail gunner takes out 4 fighters as they attempt to attack us from below. The flying crawfish show why they are here as they play chicken with a 109 and win. Just as the action starts to die down another two groups or 109's attack our formation. The Four Horsemen, Mighty Madnes, Golden Bomber The Flying crawfish and Wind Dancer all take out one plane. The other three planes are engaged by our fighters and destroyed. The target site is a bit cloudly, but we have faith in our lead bomber Tommy Knocker. They serve us well and really clobber the site. On the way back towards england, Derek M. Lawson on board the Flying Crawfish, accidently trips over some ammo crates and hurts his ankle pretty bad. Tim P. Pesonen from WindDancer also recieves a flesh wound from some flak on the way in. The rest of the mission is uneventful.

Old 11-17-2003, 12:28 AM   #75
mckerney
Coordinator

New Plane: braveSaintSaturn
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:41 AM   #76
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Okay here is the updated lists and stuff, I have also slightly changed the formula for points calculations. I will start tracking planes that have to turn back to england before the bomb run. these planes will not recieve any bonus for damage done. So far all of our medals have been from shooting down lots of planes by one person. I am hesitant to give those planes an added bonus, and there is a pretty decent sized list of medals, Some of which i have no idea as to how worthy they should be, and what conditions are needed to be awarded one. At a future time I may decide to award a small amount of points for a medal, but until i have a better idea I will hold off on awarding points for medals.

New Formula
(Completion + Special Mission Bonus + (E/A Kills x2) - (Kia Crewmembers x 3) + (Damage Done))x modifier

Mission Completion 5 points ( you have to take off and land the plane to get this)

Special Mission bonus between 10-30 points

Damage Done
0 Miss
1 Near Miss (This actually means you hit some of the site, just nothing important i believe)
2 Light Damage
3 Moderate
4 Heavy
5 Totally Destroyed

Modifier is still 1x-3x based on the mission difficulty.

Old 11-17-2003, 12:44 AM   #77
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Sorry I forgot to actually post the updated stats.

Code:
Name Plane Name Mission Kills Ldr KIA Points Status Qwikshot Cloudsplitter 2 6 0 1 30 Active Sachmo71 The Four Horsemen 2 1 1 0 15 Active Coffee Warlord Rust Bucket 2 1 0 0 20 Active JeeberD The Flying Plantain 2 4 1 0 22 Active Nyarlahotep Crawling Chaos 2 0 0 0 18 Active Tasan The Mighty Madness 2 1 1 0 18 Active Archer219 The Stormbringer 2 0 0 0 14 Active Tucker342 Hitler Sucks 2 1 0 0 16 Active Mrbug708 TommyKnocker 2 1 0 0 22 Active GoldenEagle Golden Bomber 2 5 0 0 26 Active Breeze Wind Dancer 2 1 1 0 22 Active The Afoci The Flying Crawfish 1 2 0 0 24 Active Mckerney Square Root of Snoopy 1 0 0 10 10 Destroyed Render The Rajun Cajuns 0 0 0 0 0 Reserve Medal List Name Plane Medal Reason Date Michael H. Free Flying Plantain Bronze Star 3 planes shot down 12/4/1943 Gary V. Fajer StormBringer Purple Heart Flesh Wound 12/4/1943 Roy J. Vollmer RustBucket Purple Heart Flesh Wound 12/7/1943 Mike E. Kunzle StormBringer Purple Heart Flesh Wound 12/7/1943 Chris G. Mercer CloudSplitter Purple Heart KIA 12/7/1943 Tim P. Pesonen Wind Dancer Purple Heart Flesh Wound 12/10/1943 Derek M. Larson The Flying Crawfish Purple Heart Light Wound 12/10/1943 Bill W. Freeman Golden Bomber Silver Star 4 Planes shot down 12/10/1943 Injured List Name Plane Injury Injured Date Expected to return Derek M. Larson The Flying Crawfish Sprained Ankle 12/10/1943 12/15/1943 Mission List Date Target Attacked Result Enemy K P Lost Dif Base Points 12/1/1943 Watten Special Weapons Site Totally Destroyed 3 1 1x 10 12/4/1943 Abbeville V1 Rocket Site Near Miss 4 0 1x 6 12/7/1943 Lieven Oil Production Facility Moderate 7 0 1x 8 12/10/1943 Harnes Oil Production Facility Totally Destroyed 8 0 1x 10

Feel free to ask any questions

Old 11-17-2003, 02:56 PM   #78
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Trips over an ammo case...after the battle?!? Strap him to a bomb and send him out next time.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:45 PM   #79
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Hey at least you guys can shoot germans down.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:12 PM   #80
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I think that custom injuries give the game some flavor. Its more exciting to know you fell out of the plan and killed yourself, then you were mortally wounded

Old 11-17-2003, 10:49 PM   #81
tucker342
Pro Starter

Good, I finally got a kill!
Old 11-17-2003, 11:50 PM   #82
Airhog
Captain Obvious

12/11/1943

8th Airforce High Command Top Secret.

We will be starting Operation Bumblebee shortly. This is a wide ranging campaign that will encompass the whole airforce. Our primary goal of the 8th will be to destroy the Luftwaffe's ability to produce german aircraft. Over the coming months we hope to hit the Germans hard. However, there is a price to pay. Most of the factories that produce german aircraft are deep inside germany, with some of them in berlin. We expect higher casualties than normal, but we must end the dominace of t he germans in the air. Once we have destroyed their ability to produce aircraft we will target other important sites that are vital to the war machine.

Old 11-18-2003, 12:07 AM   #83
Airhog
Captain Obvious

12/13/1943

We will be bombing the Tours Aircraft Factory today. The Tours factory doesnt produce a specific aircraft. They produce common parts that several aircraft use. They are located in southeast france. This will be the longest mission we have flown at 800 miles.

Here is a list of the planes flying

Stormbringer - Lead
Hitler Sucks
TommyKnocker
The Flying Crawfish
The Four Horsemen
Crawling Chaos - Last plane in formation

Good Luck men

Last edited by Airhog : 11-18-2003 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:07 PM   #84
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Whew, still in France for my first mission bringing up the rear.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:26 PM   #85
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Yes, but it's deep in occupied territory. At least we should be able to avoid the boys from Abbeville.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 03:47 PM   #86
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

I'll take deep in occupied over naziville anytime.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:47 PM   #87
Airhog
Captain Obvious

12/13/1943 Tours Aircraft Factory

Its bright and clear today as we take off towards France. We head towards Southeast France as we attempt to bomb the Tours Aircraft Factory. We are hoping for an easier mission since there is no flak to deal with today. Once we hit the france coastline we are bombarded with enemy planes. 2 waves immediatly attack, and we down all 8 of them one by one. However Our lead plane loses an engine and can no longer fly in formation. We tell him to ditch his bombs, and head for england.
A third wave attacks. We dispatch all 4 planes but not without losing Dave R. Contini from "Hitler sucks." Our 5 remaining bombers press on towards the target. We reach the target successfully. The bombs are dropped as we engage the enemy once more. 4 more enemy fighters are destroyed with any incident. We turn back towards england and return home without further incident.

Code:
Member list Name Plane Miss Kills Ldr KIA Points Status Qwikshot Cloudsplitter 2 6 0 1 27 Active Sachmo71 The Four Horsemen 3 5 1 0 54 Active Coffee Warlord Rust Bucket 2 1 0 0 20 Active JeeberD The Flying Plantain 2 4 1 0 22 Active Nyarlahotep Crawling Chaos 3 0 0 0 38 Active Tasan The Mighty Madness 2 1 1 0 18 Active Archer219 The Stormbringer 3 1 1 0 28 Active Tucker342 Hitler Sucks 3 4 0 1 48 Active Mrbug708 TommyKnocker 3 7 0 0 74 Active GoldenEagle Golden Bomber 2 5 0 0 26 Active Breeze Wind Dancer 2 1 1 0 22 Active The Afoci The Flying Crawfish 2 3 0 0 48 Active Mckerney Square Root of Snoopy 1 0 0 10 10 Destroyed Render The Rajun Cajuns 0 0 0 0 0 Reserve Medal List Name Plane Medal Reason Date Michael H. Free Flying Plantain Bronze Star 3 kills 12/4/1943 Gary V. Fajer StormBringer Purple Heart Flesh Wound 12/4/1943 Roy J. Vollmer RustBucket Purple Heart Flesh Wound 12/7/1943 Mike E. Kunzle StormBringer Purple Heart Flesh Wound 12/7/1943 Chris G. Mercer CloudSplitter Purple Heart KIA 12/7/1943 Tim P. Pesonen Wind Dancer Purple Heart Flesh Wound 12/10/1943 Derek M. Larson Crawfish Purple Heart Light Wound 12/10/1943 Bill W. Freeman Golden Bomber Silver Star 4 kills 12/10/1943 Hugh S. Thornell Four Horsemen Soldiers Medal 2 kills 12/13/1943 Gary V. Fajer StormBringer Soldiers Medal Unknown 12/13/1943 Brian C. Niedierher Hitler Sucks Bronze Star 1 kill 12/13/1943 Dave R. Contini Hitler Sucks Purple Heart KIA 12/13/1943 Charles. F. Ralls TommyKnocker Legion of Merit 5 kills 12/13/1943 John H. Salami TommyKnocker Silver Star 2 kills 12/13/1943 John C. Warners Crawfish Soldiers Medal 1 kills 12/13/1943 Hotshots Rank Name Plane Kills Status 1 Mercier CloudSplitter 6 Dead 2 Ralls Tommy Knocker 5 Alive 3 Freeman Golden Bomber 4 Alive 3 Free The Flying Plantain 4 Alive 5 Robertson RustBucket 3 Alive 6 Thronell Flying Horsemen 2 Alive 6 Niedieher Hitler Sucks 2 Alive 6 Contini Hitler Sucks 2 Dead 6 Salmi Tommy Knocker 2 Alive

Old 11-18-2003, 11:57 PM   #88
Airhog
Captain Obvious

12/15/1943

Tomorrow we will bomb the Sotigen Airframe Factory. This factory supplies crucial parts for many different aircraft. Hitting this target should slow down the number of planes the luftwaffe can build. The target is 919 miles away and is located near the france border in germany.

The following planes will fly

CloudSplitter - Leader
Rustbucket
Flying Plantain
Mighty Madness
Golden Bomber
Windancer

Old 11-19-2003, 11:49 AM   #89
MrBug708
Head Coach

Not bad. Good to take the mission off
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:00 PM   #90
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Damn I forgot to have the guys bring any ammo. This is getting embarrasing.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:57 PM   #91
RendeR
Coordinator

This is a great read, can't wait to get my plain in the action *not that I'm wishing ill luck on anyway, honest*
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 12:19 AM   #92
Archer219
Mascot

damn engines!!!!

Oh well, at least my plane lead the mission for a little while.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:58 AM   #93
Airhog
Captain Obvious

12/16/1943 Sotigen Airframe factory - The Flak is Back

Our last mission saw us facing no flak from the enemy, however we faced a ton of enemy planes. This mission would be totally different.

We make it over the enemy coast and begin our trek through france. at 9:45 the enemy shows up as 4 109's drop into our lap. The Flying plantain shoots down two of the planes and Golden bomber and Wind dancer both take down one apiece. 3 other groups of 109's and 111's attempt to attack our group, but excellent support from out p-47's repeal them and we continue our march unopposed. We run into some moderate flak over the bombsite as we drop our load.

We turn towards england and try to make it out of the flak alive.
Rust bucket must have flown into some sharpnel, because their number 2 engine catches on fire. They quickly get things under control however, and since they have already dropped their load, they dont have problems flying with us.

Mighty madness isnt so lucky though, they get unlucky as a flak shell hits off to the starboard side. Schub happens to be in the wrong place, and winds up with a piece of shrapnel right between the eyes, instantly killing him.

Cloudsplitters also run into some trouble, and they report multiple injuries. The rest of the mission is pretty uneventful. Until we get back over english soil, and the cloudsplitters pilot slumps over. The co-pilot is able to keep things under control and lands the bird safely.

Code:
Name Plane Miss. Kills Ldr KIA Points Status Qwikshot Cloudsplitter 2 6 1 1 47 Active Sachmo71 The Four Horsemen 3 5 1 0 54 Active Coffee Warlord Rust Bucket 2 1 0 0 40 Active JeeberD The Flying Plantain 2 4 1 0 50 Active Nyarlahotep Crawling Chaos 3 0 0 0 38 Active Tasan The Mighty Madness 2 1 1 0 32 Active Archer219 The Stormbringer 3 1 1 0 28 Active Tucker342 Hitler Sucks 3 4 0 1 42 Active Mrbug708 TommyKnocker 3 7 0 0 74 Active GoldenEagle Golden Bomber 2 5 0 0 50 Active Breeze Wind Dancer 2 1 1 0 46 Active The Afoci The Flying Crawfish 2 3 0 0 48 Active Mckerney Square Root of Snoopy 1 0 0 10 30 Destroyed Render The Rajun Cajuns 0 0 0 0 0 Reserve Mckerney BraveSaintSaturn Reserve Mission List Date Target Result Kills KIA Diff Base Points 12/1/1943 Watten Special Weapons Site Totally Destroyed 3 1 1x 10 12/4/1943 Abbeville V1 Rocket Site Near Miss 4 0 1x 6 12/7/1943 Lieven Oil Production Facility Moderate 7 0 1x 8 12/10/1943 Harnes Oil Production Facility Totally Destroyed 8 0 1x 10 12/13/1943 Tours Aircraft Factory Totally Destroyed 16 0 2x 20 12/16/1943 Sotigen Airframe Factory Totally Destroyed 4 0 2x 20 Injured List Name Plane Injury Injured Date Expected to return Jack M. Shave CloudSplitter Light Wound 12/16/1943 12/21/1943 Rob W. Trojborg CloudSplitter Light Wound 12/16/1943 12/21/1943

Old 11-20-2003, 03:04 AM   #94
Airhog
Captain Obvious

12/19/1943 Solingen Engine Factory

Our next target is located right next to the Airframe factory we just hit. They produce engine parts used in final construction of some aircraft engines. since german engines are manufactured to such fine tolerances this will really hurt their ability to produce aircraft.

Stormbringer
Hitler Sucks -Leader
TommyKnocker
The Flying Crawfish
The Four Horsemen
Crawling Chaos

Last edited by Airhog : 11-20-2003 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:18 AM   #95
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally posted by RendeR
This is a great read, can't wait to get my plain in the action *not that I'm wishing ill luck on anyway, honest*

Well I think your time will be coming soon. Since our mission is to tak out the vital air industry. We will be flying progressively deeper missions into germany. Im guessing that heavy flak will claim a plane soon. If it keeps up this easy, I may lower the skill of our gunners or raise the skill of the german pilots since they have been pretty ineffective.

I havent seen one plane that has lost 2 engines yet. Even though some of our planes had to turn back it was only because they had a giant load of bombs and couldnt keep up.

Old 11-20-2003, 11:09 AM   #96
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Ahhh, the old bomb the neighboring factory first ploy. Well after we used that strategy the Germans will have surely packed up all their AA guns in the area and sent them somewhere else.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:46 AM   #97
JeeberD
General Manager

The Flying Plantain is awesome! Way to go boys...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 02:47 PM   #98
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlahotep
Ahhh, the old bomb the neighboring factory first ploy. Well after we used that strategy the Germans will have surely packed up all their AA guns in the area and sent them somewhere else.

well that is probably the worst fault of the AI. It seems like you always engage fighters almost as soon as you reach france. By keeping the locations the same however, it keeps the difficulty the same for both teams. As we fly deeper into germany, two things will probably happen. We will lose our air support since the p-47's cant fly that far yet. We will also have to worry alot more about running out of gas. So I will continue this strategy since it keeps things pretty equal between the two

Old 11-20-2003, 05:42 PM   #99
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Fair enough.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:18 AM   #100
Airhog
Captain Obvious

12/19/1943 Sotigen Airframe factory Mission #7

We take off from britain at 7:30 AM. By 9:00 we are over france. The FW 190's are waiting for us and they attack strong. They dont seem to be able to find their mark as Stormbringer and Hitler sucks both take one down. Flying Crawfish dispatch the other 2. 10 minutes later we run into more trouble as 4 109's attack us. Ralls from Tommy Knockers continues to tear it up as he takes down 3 of them. Hitler sucks cleans up with the last plane. We reach the bombsite under moderate flak. just as we drop the bombs another 4 190's drop into our lap. Things are hot and heavy, but Tommyknockers manages to score two more kills and The Flying horsemen grabs another. Our p-47's take out the final enemy fighter. WE make it out of the flak zone pretty beat up, but our great pilots are able to keep things undercontrol, and we make it back and touch down without incident. Recon shows that we scored high damage to the site.

Last edited by Airhog : 11-21-2003 at 03:27 AM.