Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
jbmagic
Pro Starter

SBC Yahoo DSL now only 14.99

SBC Yahoo DSL Express now only 14.99 a month. must keep it for 12 months

just saw this new promotion.

i going to call to get an adjustment and get the new price.

i have sbc yahoo dsl express and paying 26.95 a month.

you can call and get the new price as long you agree to stay with them for another 12 months.

i done it every year after the 12 months because it will go back to 49.95 per month. but as long you call and agree to stay with them for another 12 months you can get the current deal price.

they also have SBC yahoo dsl pro package at 24.99 its just a little faster. but the express is pretty fast as is already.

http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/pandp.htm...u_lb=og&.u_c=1

jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:42 PM   #2
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

Those in Verizon markets need not apply.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #3
Cuckoo
College Starter

I'm not sure if I have Express or Pro. I pay 26.95 a month. Does that mean I have the Express also? Also, I just reupped mine for 12 months. Do you think they'll let me have the lower price?
Old 06-01-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
I'm not sure if I have Express or Pro. I pay 26.95 a month. Does that mean I have the Express also? Also, I just reupped mine for 12 months. Do you think they'll let me have the lower price?

look on your phone bill, i paying 26.95 and it says sbc yahoo dsl express. i just got that promotion around oct 2004 when they up my bill to regular price of 49.95 after my current 12 months expire. i call and they gave me the new low price of 26.95 at that time as long i say with them for another 12 months.

i going to call tommorrow to see. the office is close tonight. i sure hope i can get the latest 14.99 price as long i stay with them for another 12 months.

so it wont hurt to call and ask.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #5
Cuckoo
College Starter

Bump - just curious to see if you got the low price.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #6
Hammer755
High School Varsity

I called and SBC does not offer service in my neighborhood, even though I live in one of the most populated suburbs of the fourth-largest city in the country.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:15 PM   #7
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
Bump - just curious to see if you got the low price.

nope

i called, and they told me its for new exisiting customer only.

they told me that 26.95 for dsl express is the best current price they have for existing customer.

they told me when the 12 months expire, i can called and they will give me the best current dsl express price they have for existing customer for another 12 months.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:22 PM   #8
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
nope

i called, and they told me its for new exisiting customer only.

they told me that 26.95 for dsl express is the best current price they have for existing customer.

they told me when the 12 months expire, i can called and they will give me the best current dsl express price they have for existing customer for another 12 months.

Ah, that's what I figured they'd say. Oh well. Thanks anyway.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:21 PM   #9
JediKooter
Coordinator

I work for SBC, but, I don't work in their marketing department, my best friend, however, does. The only catch, we work in California and probably would only be able to help people in California. The Texans (SBC) still keep us segregated from the rest of the company. Let me ask him if there is a way for existing customers to get the 14.99 price and I'll send whoever may be interested a PM. Let me know, if not, no big deal Don't feel too bad though, the lowest price I can get for dsl is 29.99 and I flipping work there!!!!
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #10
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i love how these companies (and cellphone companies too) treat existing customers. no wonder they all have so much goddamn "churn." i mean, i'd bounce from company to company too if I could get the best deals that way. They don't give existing customers any incentive to stay with them, and then they wonder why they leave. Idiots.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:24 PM   #11
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter
Let me ask him if there is a way for existing customers to get the 14.99 price and I'll send whoever may be interested a PM.

If that's at all possible, I'd be very interested. Thanks for checking, JediKooter.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:31 PM   #12
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I work for SBC, but, I don't work in their marketing department, my best friend, however, does. The only catch, we work in California and probably would only be able to help people in California. The Texans (SBC) still keep us segregated from the rest of the company. Let me ask him if there is a way for existing customers to get the 14.99 price and I'll send whoever may be interested a PM. Let me know, if not, no big deal Don't feel too bad though, the lowest price I can get for dsl is 29.99 and I flipping work there!!!!

i be interest too. please pm me too. only catch i am from california. so i hope you can do something.

thanks
Old 06-07-2005, 11:34 PM   #13
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i love how these companies (and cellphone companies too) treat existing customers. no wonder they all have so much goddamn "churn." i mean, i'd bounce from company to company too if I could get the best deals that way. They don't give existing customers any incentive to stay with them, and then they wonder why they leave. Idiots.

they kinda do. after 12 months it goes back up to around 46.99-49.99 a month. but if you call they wil give you the best exisiting customer price.. which i got 26.99 as long i stay with them for 12 months.

but i do wish they give you there best current deal of 14.99 regardless if you an existing customer as long you commit to 12 months.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:04 AM   #14
Loren
High School JV

i think they screw existing customers over too, like with Sprint cell...new customers can get their phone rebates immediatley, yes us exisiting customers who umm have obviously shown we're commited to staying wit the company for yrs have to wait for a mail in rebate thats pretty sucky.....its the same with all of them though, directv has amazing packages for new customers as far as equipment...
Old 06-08-2005, 06:42 AM   #15
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I am sure there is some research that shows that a majority of current customers will stay regardless of not being able to get the lowest price. I am a teacher and work with all kinds of people who bitch and moan about the NEA (and how it does nothing for them and only new teachers get the best deals) and still pay outragous union dues every paycheck. It is one thing to complain, but I guess it takes too much effort to actually change.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:29 AM   #16
JediKooter
Coordinator

jbmagic & cuckoo,

ok, the jerk wasnt in today, so ill have to get a hold of him tomorrow (thursday) and see what info he can give me. i appologize for the delay.

as far as existing customers go and how they are treated, i have never understood that. if you got em, keep em. i dont think its that hard to figure out. the one thing that i do know is, since sbc is a regulated (FCC, PUC) company, once certain prices are announced and offered, they technicaly have to stick to them. so basicaly, we arent price competetive. if a customer calls and says, 'hey, blah blah telco is offering dsl for 10 dollars a month and if you want to keep me, you need to match that price.' we cant. we are cornered into only being able to offer what we submitted to the puc and the fcc. and that is why when you call and say you want the 14.99 price, they say no, thats for new customers only. I think its a load of crap, personaly, but, from talking to managers in this company, 'residential' customers are not our top priority as far as customer service is concerned. its our 'business' customers that get the red carpet treatment. i dont agree with that either. a customer is a customer and they are all just as important, whether or not they spend 10 bucks a month on their service or 10,000 bucks a month. i know there were issues when we were still pacbell, but, i really think the worst thing that happened to this place and its customers happened when sbc bought us out.

i dont agree with a lot of what sbc does to its residential customers, but, it is a good paycheck that im getting and if theres anyway i can help people get an answer or solve a problem, ill do my best to help.

sorry for the rant.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:08 AM   #17
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
jbmagic & cuckoo,

ok, the jerk wasnt in today, so ill have to get a hold of him tomorrow (thursday) and see what info he can give me. i appologize for the delay.

as far as existing customers go and how they are treated, i have never understood that. if you got em, keep em. i dont think its that hard to figure out. the one thing that i do know is, since sbc is a regulated (FCC, PUC) company, once certain prices are announced and offered, they technicaly have to stick to them. so basicaly, we arent price competetive. if a customer calls and says, 'hey, blah blah telco is offering dsl for 10 dollars a month and if you want to keep me, you need to match that price.' we cant. we are cornered into only being able to offer what we submitted to the puc and the fcc. and that is why when you call and say you want the 14.99 price, they say no, thats for new customers only. I think its a load of crap, personaly, but, from talking to managers in this company, 'residential' customers are not our top priority as far as customer service is concerned. its our 'business' customers that get the red carpet treatment. i dont agree with that either. a customer is a customer and they are all just as important, whether or not they spend 10 bucks a month on their service or 10,000 bucks a month. i know there were issues when we were still pacbell, but, i really think the worst thing that happened to this place and its customers happened when sbc bought us out.

i dont agree with a lot of what sbc does to its residential customers, but, it is a good paycheck that im getting and if theres anyway i can help people get an answer or solve a problem, ill do my best to help.

sorry for the rant.

No worries at all, Jedi. Thanks for checking for us; I really appreciate it.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:24 AM   #18
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren
i think they screw existing customers over too, like with Sprint cell...new customers can get their phone rebates immediatley, yes us exisiting customers who umm have obviously shown we're commited to staying wit the company for yrs have to wait for a mail in rebate thats pretty sucky.....its the same with all of them though, directv has amazing packages for new customers as far as equipment...
I agree completely.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:27 AM   #19
jbmagic
Pro Starter

JediKooter

thanks for checking. appreciate it.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:12 AM   #20
JediKooter
Coordinator

anytime jbmagic & cuckoo

ok, heres what i found out so far.........existing customers cant get the 14.99 price (we all know that), buttttt, if they threaten to disconnect their dsl, they are supposed to be transfered to the dsl retention reps where they will be warned of a $200 dollar early termination fee. if the existing customer still is demanding the 14.99 price, then the dsl retention rep will offer it to the customer to keep them but they have to agree to another 12 month contract with a $200 early termination fee if cancelled before the 12 months are over.

a question that i had was, are all the service reps on the same page with this proceedure? they are supposed to be, but, as we have all ran into in the past with stuff like this, some people (reps) just dont care and will not even bother transfering you to the right department and garbage like that. i can see if there is some more info other than that, i was messaging my friend at work, but, he isnt able to do that very much while talking to customers so, our conversation got cut short and i tried calling my friend at home tonight, but, he wasnt there.

just let me know if you guys have anymore questions.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:33 AM   #21
jbmagic
Pro Starter

thanks jedikooter

yep when i first call i told them i would love to have the 14.99 price and agree to be with them for another 12 months contract.

but the woman told me i cant.

i guess there all not on the same procedure.

should we call and ask for the dsl retention rep? and see what happens.

let us know if you find out any new info what we can do.

thanks appreciate your help

Last edited by jbmagic : 06-10-2005 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:38 AM   #22
kingfc22
Head Coach

Anybody with Comcast try to get them to match this deal? I'm going to try tomorrow. I've been with them for approx. 5-6 years and saving $30 bucks a month would be very nice.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:23 AM   #23
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

About new vs. existing customers. I'm sure most stay with their current company rather than switching every year or so. That's why they can only offer the low low price for new customers. I also have a feeling that if they offered their super low price to existing customers, they may not make enough to justify those lower prices.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:43 AM   #24
Cuckoo
College Starter

Yes, thanks Jedi. I dont' know if I'm ready to threaten cancelling to get the cheaper price. I've done that with other stuff before, but I usually don't do it unless I'm really willing to cancel. I actually had AOL (yes, yes) free for almost two years at one point in time because I threatened to cancel. I kept calling back at the end of their "free three months" to cancel and they kept extending it. Some people still had my old e-mail address so I figured why not.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:51 PM   #25
JediKooter
Coordinator

You're wecome, jbmagic & cuckoo.

I would NOT ask for a retention rep, they'll catch on to what you're trying to do, haha. And believe me, the reps are talking to each other when they have you on hold while transfering you. My friend gets out of work in about 15 minutes, so, I'm trying to contact him now before he takes off.

yes, ive threatened to cancel a few things to either keep the same price before it gets increased (cable tv) or get a lower price. Doesn't always work. Part of the game I guess.

Last edited by JediKooter : 06-10-2005 at 07:58 PM. Reason: hit submit instead of preview