Hall Of Famer

Incidentally, this is the worst reviewed PC game in the history of GameSpot:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/b...ml?sid=6086528

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:24 AM   #3
hoopsguy
General Manager

But do the trucks teleport? And can you design logos for your trucks?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:57 AM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

This section made me lol:
Quote:
Let us make it very clear that these statements are all horrible, horrible lies. There is no coherent goal in Big Rigs. There is no cargo to be delivered. There are no police chases. In fact, there really isn't anything much in the game.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:58 AM   #5
Ben E Lou

More Maximum Hilarity:

Quote:
The supposedly computer-controlled truck you're supposed to be racing against in the game never actually moves. It's right there next to you at the beginning of a race, but it has no purpose in the game. This is to say, actually, that none of the game's races have a purpose because there's no competition and no time limit. You win every single time. So unless you especially like seeing a winning-screen over and over again that reads "You're Winner!", there is absolutely no point in playing Big Rigs.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:59 AM   #6
Ben E Lou

Please do not play this game. We cannot stress this enough.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:00 AM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That bit about the best feature being that the uninstaller worked was pretty funny.

An aside, a game like Outlaw Biker where your main character rides around on a motorcycle and does GTA stuff could be pretty darn fun. But only if it actually worked.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:10 AM   #8
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

It was nice to read the Big Rigs review again, it's so hilarious. "You're Winner!"
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:22 AM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If the screen said "Your Winner!" I would suspect a certain FOFC poster was on the developmental team.

Last edited by stevew : 07-28-2006 at 06:23 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:54 AM   #10
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

The customer reviews on Amazon.com are hilarious...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...8&s=videogames

Quote:
This game is equal to this happening to you:
You are on your computor, it freezes, 30 bees come in the room. They sting, but just not enough to kill you, the honey attracts bears, and worst of all, the CD player is broken and it won't stop playing the same 80s metal song over and over. This game is just abysmal, and may God have mercy on its soul.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:13 AM   #11
molson
General Manager

Here's the Gamespot video review of Big Rigs. If you watch it, keep reminding yourself, this game was released less than 4 years ago:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs&search=Big%20Rigs%20
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:21 AM   #12
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson
Here's the Gamespot video review of Big Rigs. If you watch it, keep reminding yourself, this game was released less than 4 years ago:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs&search=Big%20Rigs%20

That is funny. I don't have the volume turned up because I am at work but the look on the guys face/reactions reminded me of how I looked during my exams in college, as well as how I look when I'm watching a team I bet on that should easily cover and they are losing by a gazillion.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:58 AM   #13
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

so did they patch the game? it looks cool, and with a couple of tweaks, it could be great.

Also, is it modable?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:21 AM   #14
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Hmm...

They jokingly talk about dynamic in game advertising in one of the screen shots. Are there any games out there right now that actually have in game advertising that changes?

For example, if you were playing Madden online and the signs would change.... granted, the gaming community would blow a fuse but, just curious if that has been attempted yet especially with the rising costs of development.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #15
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I like the way the truck vanished/teleported to another place. I wish there was a football game that had that same idea and ability. I guess its just a pipe dream though
Old 07-28-2006, 10:24 AM   #16
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
You guy are just haters. You don't understand the potential the game brings. I'm sure with a committed developer, and a forum loaded with fanboys, the game will become great at some point in the future.

Now, I plan (in the future) to build a vehicle. THis is large, maybe a Big RIG (LLO!). I will use this big rig to drive into war zone, Catigory 5 hurricanes, NAMBLA meetings to bring these people the game. Because they will not be able to drive them selves. NAMBLA especially. No one likes Marlon Brando look alikes, so they have to work at fast food places. MAybe I can use the greases and oils from these places to run my Big Rig that plays Big Rig...
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:27 AM   #17
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
so did they patch the game? it looks cool, and with a couple of tweaks, it could be great.

Also, is it modable?

There was a patch that gave the AI opponent the ability to start the race, though, it still couldn't finish it (it would disapear halfway through).

I guess people went into the game files and figured out that there was no alternative ending screen to "You're winner!". So it wasn't even really a bug that you won every time.

Last edited by molson : 07-28-2006 at 10:28 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #18
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Are there beer tents?
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:36 PM   #19
saldana
Pro Starter

so how is the AI?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:07 PM   #20
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
You guy are just haters. You don't understand the potential the game brings. I'm sure with a committed developer, and a forum loaded with fanboys, the game will become great at some point in the future.

Now, I plan (in the future) to build a vehicle. THis is large, maybe a Big RIG (LLO!). I will use this big rig to drive into war zone, Catigory 5 hurricanes, NAMBLA meetings to bring these people the game. Because they will not be able to drive them selves. NAMBLA especially. No one likes Marlon Brando look alikes, so they have to work at fast food places. MAybe I can use the greases and oils from these places to run my Big Rig that plays Big Rig...

BLANK!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:24 PM   #21
Joe
Pro Starter

what better big rigs or maximum football?

thanks
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:16 PM   #22
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

My favorite "bad review" is the IGN one of Superman for the N64.

Quote:
Originally Posted by review
As far as storyline goes, straight from the game's instruction booklet we are informed that, "Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen have disappeared -- they've been kidnapped by the malevolent powers of Lex Luthor and Braniac, who have brought them into a virtual reality version of Metropolis." Not exactly an epic tale, but it sure beats Titus' previous explanation for the game's graphic flaws -- namely that a thick screen of fog present in the title was in fact "Kryptonite fog" deployed by Lex Luthor himself to destroy Superman.
Right.
Imagine if all developers explained their game's visual limitations in storyline. "No, no -- those are not jumpy framerates you are seeing. Superman is merely drunk, which also blurs his vision considerably."
Or maybe, "You've got it all wrong, that is not clipping. Superman is simply using his X-Ray vision to look through the walls." While it would certainly make for some interesting story additions, it would most likely also rapidly ruin the gaming industry.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote