Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
BigDPW
College Prospect

Question WWSM/FM - Help Needed with Lower League Stuff

I posted this in the WWSM Thread too but figured I would post here as well:

I am playing as Stevenage Borough (The Boro) and need some advice from you guys.

Okay so I picked up some key signings in my first season and once my team settled we clinched the BSP title with 3 matches left.

Already aquired in the 1st season -
Joe Tillen AML (he and Cole split time at ML)
Sheku Kamara DM (plays great but needs more stamina)
Colin Nicholson GK (I overpaid salary for him but he is my keeper for many more years to come but also one of the reasons I am loosing money)
Liam Atkin DRC (I am not convinced he will make it in League 2 and Lawrie Wilson is pushing him hard for the DR spot)
Steven Reilly DL (Again he played well in BSP but I am not convinced he will hack it in LG2)

That is it for my previously carried out permanent signings - I was able to set up a parent team with Arsenal (hated to do it as a Spurs fan but my only other option was Fulham -- bleck) I had some key and not so key loans during year 1 especially at MC (Henri Lansbury) and ST Rhys Murphy.

I need help figuring out how to make the transition to League 2. I have always played as Spurs in years past and have always had a hard time getting into the lower league stuff but this version has me hooked on lower leagues as it seems more immersive than before in those leagues.

I have never taken a lower league team and gotten promoted (mostly because I have never stuck with a LL game that long). Any advice about how to keep moving up the ladder toward The Championship and/or Premiere League would be helpful.

Should I turn over most of my team except the few outstanding players?

I know I should continue to make shrewd loans for great players that will come to me but what positions do you prefer to get on loan?

Should I keep some of my reserve guys around that never play just for depth or just pray for a decent greyed out player if I need depth in order to save salary?

Do I scout the league above me/below me for good players or just stick to scouting "nations" and "regions"? - Last season I scouted League 2 and English Under 18s and Reserves and found some good guys that may help me if I can get them on a free this offseason.

Those are just some of my questions... Any advice about how to keep things rolling as I move up a league would be appreciated.

BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
BigDPW
College Prospect

Another question would be:

I am so used to having alot of depth at the premier league level how do I get out of the habit of keeping so many players around that are spare parts... I am so used to having money to pay a bunch of guys that stay in the reserves that I find myself not letting guys go that are eating up salary in these lower leagues. How much depth do you normally have at each position in Conference, LG2, and LG1?
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote