Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

PING: Kodos

Something to add to your Christmas list...

Tribute Sounds has just released "Hip-Hop Tribute To Def Leppard", a collection of hip-hop covers of some of DEF LEPPARD's biggest hits. The complete track listing is as follows:

01. Rock of Ages
02. Pour Some Sugar on Me
03. Mysteria
04. Armageddon It
05. Rocket
06. Photograph
07. Animal
08. Bringin' on the Heartbreak
09. Let's Get Rocked
10. Women
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm going to have to check this out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

Dola: Darn, doesn't appear to be on iTunes.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
Ksyrup

I hope it's better than the cover art...

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #5
Ksyrup

I think amazon.com has samples.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I think amazon.com has samples.

Thanks for the tip.

So.. I'm a SUCKER for covers - especially when they totally cross genres.

And Def Leppard has the distinction of being the first group to make me listen to something besides Country Music.

I listened to the clip for "Pour Some Sugar On Me" ---- UGH!

Quote:
Old 11-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #7
Ksyrup

OK, how about this one?

Punk bands NICOTINE (Japan) and SUN EATS HOURS (Italy) have teamed up to record a split album, "Metal Addiction", featuring covers of heavy metal classics.

Due on November 15, "Metal Addiction" (cover) will contain the following track listing:

01. It's My Life (BON JOVI) - NICOTINE
02. I Was Made For Loving You (KISS) - NICOTINE
03. Future World (HELLOWEEN) - NICOTINE
04. I Remember You (SKID ROW) - NICOTINE
05. Valhalla (BLIND GUARDIAN) - NICOTINE
06. The Final Countdown (EUROPE) - NICOTINE
07. Rain (THE CULT) - SUN EATS HOURS
08. Enter Sandman (METALLICA) - SUN EATS HOURS
09. Kickstart My Heart (MÖTLEY CRÜE) - SUN EATS HOURS
10. Digging The Grave (FAITH NO MORE) - SUN EATS HOURS
11. Ace Of Spades (MOTÖRHEAD) - SUN EATS HOURS
12. You Shook Me All Night Long (AC/DC) - SUN EATS HOURS

Samples:

http://www.indiesmusic.com/asx/music...2977&all=1&pv=
Old 11-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

Mariah Carey's "Bringin' On The Heartbreak".

A piano version of "Pour Some Sugar On Me".

Now this.

Yuck.

"Pour Some Sugar On Me" should translate well, as Joe Elliott tried to fuse Rap with Rock on that song.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-06-2006 at 04:11 PM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:14 AM   #9
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
OK, how about this one?

Punk bands NICOTINE (Japan) and SUN EATS HOURS (Italy) have teamed up to record a split album, "Metal Addiction", featuring covers of heavy metal classics.

Due on November 15, "Metal Addiction" (cover) will contain the following track listing:

01. It's My Life (BON JOVI) - NICOTINE
02. I Was Made For Loving You (KISS) - NICOTINE
03. Future World (HELLOWEEN) - NICOTINE
04. I Remember You (SKID ROW) - NICOTINE
05. Valhalla (BLIND GUARDIAN) - NICOTINE
06. The Final Countdown (EUROPE) - NICOTINE
07. Rain (THE CULT) - SUN EATS HOURS
08. Enter Sandman (METALLICA) - SUN EATS HOURS
09. Kickstart My Heart (MÖTLEY CRÜE) - SUN EATS HOURS
10. Digging The Grave (FAITH NO MORE) - SUN EATS HOURS
11. Ace Of Spades (MOTÖRHEAD) - SUN EATS HOURS
12. You Shook Me All Night Long (AC/DC) - SUN EATS HOURS

Samples:

http://www.indiesmusic.com/asx/music...2977&all=1&pv=

How many of those songs could actually be classified as heavy metal? Not many, at first glance...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #10
Ksyrup

I'd say 4 (Helloween, Blind Guardian, Metallica, Motorhead), with the AC/DC song on the fence.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:32 AM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've always preferred pop metal.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #12
Ksyrup

I'm really starting to like this youtube thing...

A video clip of Craig High School (Janesville, Wisconsin) show choir Spotlighters performing its rendition of DEF LEPPARD's "Rock Brigade" has been posted online at YouTube.

According to The Janesville Gazette, Craig High School's Spotlighters are a show choir, but the comparison with a sports team is fitting, said Craig teacher Bob Schrank. Schrank co-directs the group with teacher Karla Vriezen, while Dave Rush directs the band.

With only four years under their belts and only five seniors, the Spotlighters have put together what Schrank calls an unprecedented year.

"We have beaten schools this year that have been doing show choir for 20 to 25 years," Schrank said.

The accomplishment is all the more remarkable because show choir is an extracurricular activity at Craig, whereas it's a regular class at some high schools, Schrank said.

The Spotlighters competed five times this year, taking on 12 to 24 other show choirs each time. They reached the finals-the top six groups-four times.

In the previous two years combined, they reached the finals only twice.

In their final competition at Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the group placed fourth out of 24 groups and won the People's Choice Award.

Spotlighter Kerstina Aldrich also won the solo competition at Cedar Rapids, the second time she had done that this year.

Aldrich has an amazing voice but remains humble about it, Schrank said.

"Everybody who hears her sing says, 'Wow, that's really something,'" Schrank said.

Read more at The Janesville Gazette.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-06-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #13
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
And Def Leppard has the distinction of being the first group to make me listen to something besides Country Music.

Damn, I'm sorry. More reason to hate them.

(I know you like country. I'm just messing with you, so please don't verbally kill me.)
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:59 PM   #14
Ksyrup

Had some news for Kodos and this was the best thread I could find to post it. Strange news, IMO:

DEF LEPPARD will make an appearance on ABC-TV's "Dancing With The Stars" on April 29. The band will also perform an outdoor mini-concert on ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on April 30.

DEF LEPPARD fan site The Def Leppard Satellite Of Love is hosting a 30-second audio sample of the group's new single, "Nine Lives". The song was co-written by country music superstar Tim McGraw, who penned the track with LEPPARD members Phil Collen, Joe Elliot and Rick Savage for inclusion on the group's upcoming album, "Songs from the Sparkle Lounge".

McGraw's tour manager, Robert Allen, is the brother of DEF LEPPARD drummer Rick Allen. McGraw sat in on DEF LEPPARD's Hollywood Bowl show in 2006. "We didn't start with any preconceived notions about the song," McGraw said. "Each of us brought something different to the table, and we drew on each others influence to finish it out. They are simply one of the best rock bands ever, and it was a great time working together."

"Songs from the Sparkle Lounge" has had its release date pushed back to May 5 in the UK and May 6 in North America. The tentative track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. Nine Lives
02. C'mon C'mon
03. Go
04. Love
05. Cruise Control
06. Bad Actress
07. Hallucinate
08. Tomorrow
09. Come Undone
10. Only the Good Die Young
11. Give It Away

"Songs from the Sparkle Lounge" will be the band's first LP since last year's "Yeah!", which was a collection of covers of songs by artists who had influenced the band. Their most recent studio album of original material was 2002's "X".

DEF LEPPARD will team up with STYX and REO SPEEDWAGON for a North American tour in March/April. The trek will consist of around 20 dates.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-21-2008 at 10:00 PM.