Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-24-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Can We Just Have a Hattrick Forum Already?

I mean, sheesh! There's more Hattrick posts in one week that strategy posts in a year. Let's toss the strategy forum (everybody posts in here anyways) and make it a Hattrick Forum. Or just make a Hattrick Forum and keep the Strategy one. Whatever.

But enough already.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 08:06 PM   #2
Havok
College Starter

im down wit dat!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:08 PM   #3
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I also think it is about time. I don't mind the threads at all, but it would give the hat-trickers a nice easy archive of all of their activity.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 08:45 PM   #4
McSweeny
College Starter

nah... i don't really want to have to check in here and in another forum for my hattrick news...
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 08:53 PM   #5
samifan24
Pro Starter

Yay for a Hattrick forum.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:02 PM   #6
daedalus
Pro Rookie

I also want a forum for the Polls. One for the puzzles. Another for the Survivor threads (egads, do they have to be cross posted for the Polls forum?!?). Obviously, one for those all-intrusive moderators' music threads. There should also be one for these damn politic/war threads. Not to mention the inevitable hockey threads. Oh, these silly college basketball threads should be in their own forum as well. There should only be proper FOF threads in this here forum. It will be nice to have 17 unused but properly segregated forums. Yay!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 11:48 PM   #7
Tarkus
High School Varsity

I think what we really need is a Front Office Football discussion board. That might be interesting.

Tarkus
Old 03-25-2003, 12:05 AM   #8
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarkus
I think what we really need is a Front Office Football discussion board. That might be interesting.

Tarkus

Are there really enough people around here to support such an idea?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 12:17 AM   #9
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I don't want to have to look at another forum.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 07:52 AM   #10
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
I dont want to have to sort through 14 hattrick threads in general
Old 03-25-2003, 08:06 AM   #11
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Agreed
Old 03-25-2003, 08:07 AM   #12
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

How about a war thread then?
Old 03-25-2003, 08:56 AM   #13
couriers

There are plenty of war threads already. If you mean a war forum then I am all for it since it seems to be the one factor that is dividing our board the most at the moment. This would allow those that are not interested in discussing the war to avoid even being tempted by a thread title since it won't be in their face unless they chose to go to that particular forum.

Also, what does having to visit more than one forum have to do with the overwhelming need and desire for a separate Hattrick forum? Is visiting 2 forums really all that hard?

A better structure of forums is long overdue and should be given some serious consideration.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:06 AM   #14
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I meant forum (i am an idiot), but this is a general forum, so are we going to start a new forum everytime something overwhelms the general page... that would create a lot of forums. I have a feeling that CM4 will be a hot topic soon, so we might as well get that one up, then football.net, then who knows what. I think since this is a general forum, it should be about whatever the hot topics are.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:11 AM   #15
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
I think since this is a general forum, it should be about whatever the hot topics are.

exactly
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 05:24 PM   #16
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by couriers
Also, what does having to visit more than one forum have to do with the overwhelming need and desire for a separate Hattrick forum?

"Overwhelming need and desire"? Wow.

Quote:
Is visiting 2 forums really all that hard?

Is reading the title of a thread and not clicking on those that says "Hattrick" that hard?

Quote:
A better structure of forums is long overdue and should be given some serious consideration.

What exactly is wrong with the structure of these forums and what consideration(s) should be given?
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 05:35 PM   #17
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It's simple- if you make a separate forum for something then the topic will die. Most people check out the general board only or the general and dynasty. There's a computer games forum but how much is it really used? There are two threads on the front page of the main board that could go on there but aren't because those their posters know they will get significantly less responses on there.

Still, I think this simply comes down to people praying for the death of the hattrick community here. It will happen eventually as people get bored but just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should be artificially killed. The hattrickers don't like going to another forum and the readers don't like having to go to the next page because there are a few hattrick threads on the first one. By the same token, I get bored of all the war threads yet I'm not yelling at the top of my lungs for a war forum. Leave it as it is.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 05:42 PM   #18
Kodos
Resident Alien

Maybe a compromise would be to set up a Hattrick link at the top of the General Discussion forum, kindof like the dynasty polls thread at the top of the Dynasties page. Or, maybe to account for other games that become popular in the future, make it a Game-of-the-Moment forum. I don't care much either way, but maybe it would be a nice compromise.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-25-2003 at 05:43 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 10:52 PM   #19
couriers

First of all, just because I believe that the board could benefit from a separate Hattrick forum does not imply that I am yelling for the death of it within our community. This is an absurd assumption and quite incorrect in most regards.

Secondly, my desire for a more structured board comes from my strong urges for organization in everything. It appears to me that the majority of new threads that actually have substance and meaning to more members than not would be the Hattrick threads. It also appears to me that the discussion for creating a separate forum has been ongoing now for some time. These two ideas alone lead me to believe that a separate forum is both desired and needed. This of course is a personal opinion formed as an outsider to that community. However, one interesting note is that many of those “yelling” for a separate forum are in fact involved with Hattrick one way or another.

Also, ignoring a thread that does not interest me is not a dilemma what so ever as far as I am concerned. Therefore, the argument to ignore a thread doesn’t hold water to the person arguing that they don’t want to check multiple forums. My point is that having to click on a second link should not be any harder than clicking on a second thread. I am certain that most members click on more than one thread when they visit a particular forum and claiming that it would be a pain to click on multiple forum links is lame. It could be recognized that clicking a second link or ignoring a thread are more than likely just as easy to accomplish. Having said all of that, it would make sense that no body should have any problem accepting either situation.

The notion of evolution fascinates me in reference to nearly everything that I surround myself with. This carries over to nearly everything including this board. It is nice to have a sense of nostalgia but sometimes adapting your environment to the desires of those involved is a better option. What I was hoping to get across was that it has been a long time since we have seen any substantial changes in our structure. A couple of example to help support could include the College Football and the Strategy forums that just don’t seem to get used yet are still there. Another example could be the use of a separate forum for the polls in the Dynasty forum yet no such luck in the General Discussions area despite the desire and the benefit. Yet another example would be the description of the General Discussions forum that hasn’t held true for years now. These are just some ideas of potential hot spots that could be looked at.

Lastly, although this long post might dictate otherwise the truth is that I couldn’t really care less about changing anything. After all, we are creatures of habit and my ways are set. There really isn’t much about the board that upsets me because I simply chose to not let the little things become bothersome. This would lend itself to simply ignoring the threads that do not interest me. So in the end, change things or not, either way is ok by me but I figured if others want change then they won’t get a hard time about it from me.