Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2003, 10:48 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

These Powerhouses Undefeated in the Pre-season

There are several powerhouses at the 4-0 mark.

Tennessee has always been one of the better teams in the NFL over the past few years and its 4-0 mark is no surprise.

The Patriots are also one of the better teams in the league and a 4-0 mark doesn't shock anyone.

Carolina is a team on the rise and with Stephen Davis many pundits are predicted good things for the Panthers, so a 4-0 record is merely interesting, not surprising.

And, of course, least surprising of them all is Arizona's 4-0 mark. They have such a deep bench and great players than anything short of 4-0 would have been the surprise, not the other way around.

Titans-Patriots in AFC Championship? Wouldn't surprise anyone

Panthers-Cardinals in NFC Championship? Aren't these teams everyone's favorite pick?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 11:01 AM   #2
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Re: These Powerhouses Undefeated in the Pre-season

Quote:
Originally posted by Anxiety
Tennessee has always been one of the better teams in the NFL over the past few years

always/last few years? huh?

This ranks right up there with marks that only go back a few years. ie "this is the first time the team has missed the playoffs since 2001."
Old 08-30-2003, 11:09 AM   #3
FBPro
College Starter

TN has a solid team, CAR? IMO their QB spot is a big question mark, some potential also a couple of guys who may have seen better days(Peete and Wienke). Who knows.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 12:55 PM   #4
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Well, since 1990, 14 of 26 teams that went undefeated in the preseason made the playoffs, so scratch two of them out. And only two went on to win the Super Bowl.

This is the kind of insightful stats that Jayson Stark would use to tell you what will happen in the future without any question.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 02:15 PM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

If Carolina can get by without any more injuries, I think they will be the 2nd best team in the NFC South and will make the playoffs. I think they'er on a great rebuilding path, I just continue to be totally baffled by the acquisition of Jake Delhomme when there were seemingly much better quality QBs available in free agency last year...
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 10:51 PM   #7
33sherman
Mascot

Could a 16-0 Arizona season be in the cards this year?
33sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 11:29 PM   #8
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Only if their schedule consists of games against the local middle school. They can probably win those.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 12:18 AM   #9
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Key word: probably.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 10:36 AM   #10
Thomkal
Head Coach

As a Cardinal fan (yes one of two in the world) I expect only one result in the regular season-and its not a 4-0 start. I have to say I figured they'd go 0-4 in the preseason too, so perhaps they will do better than last season, say 6 wins instead of 5. A reason to celebrate for us Cardinals fans for sure.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:12 AM   #11
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomkal
As a Cardinal fan (yes one of two in the world) I expect only one result in the regular season-and its not a 4-0 start. I have to say I figured they'd go 0-4 in the preseason too, so perhaps they will do better than last season, say 6 wins instead of 5. A reason to celebrate for us Cardinals fans for sure.

If the Cardinals win the season opener, I... I... I don't know what I'll do, but it wont be pretty. It will something along the lines of a pure, perfect rage. If the Lions can't beat the Cardinals (given their injuries) at home, they're no better than they were last year, which would be deeply depressing. Yes, the Lions have their own injury woes (as always), but, come on. Arizona? At home?
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 12:07 AM   #12
tucker342
Pro Starter

I don't know, the Lions suck pretty badly, but they better be able to beat the Cardinals..... this game is one of only about 4 games this season that the Cardinals have any chance of winning...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 03:21 AM   #13
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by tucker342
this game is one of only about 4 games this season that the Cardinals have any chance of winning...

Ditto for the Lions. Sad, isn't it?
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 05:21 AM   #14
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I was going to make some silly visual gag and lame joke using an image I figured I could find on images.google. However, I couldn't because when I searched on "arizona cardinals fan", I only found 16 results

Thomkal, no one can ever accuse you of being a fair weather fan

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-01-2003 at 05:21 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 09:52 AM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hey, at least Cardinal fans can bask in the warmth of victory as well as a summer sun.

Does going 4-0 in the preseason mean you have really good backups?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 10:13 PM   #16
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
I was going to make some silly visual gag and lame joke using an image I figured I could find on images.google. However, I couldn't because when I searched on "arizona cardinals fan", I only found 16 results

Thomkal, no one can ever accuse you of being a fair weather fan

SI

Heh SI, 16 fans? Wow the Cards are really getting popular. I've been a fan since the St. Louis days, so it's rough being a fan of a team that almost always loses and an ownership that doesn't seem to care that they lose.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 11:59 PM   #17
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomkal
Heh SI, 16 fans? Wow the Cards are really getting popular. I've been a fan since the St. Louis days, so it's rough being a fan of a team that almost always loses and an ownership that doesn't seem to care that they lose.

Well, I was an Oilers fan and I'm kindof confused at the moment. I can't stand rooting for the Titans and that ass, Bud Adams. But the Texans just aren't the Oilers. No ugly light blue uni's, no Warren Moon, no run-and-shoot, no streak of playoff appearances that all ended in crushing defeats...

So, I've gone back to the Bears as my favorite team since I was raised that way. I was raised as Chicago team fans since my dad was from Rockford but I grew up in Houston so I picked up those teams. I'm just confused when it comes to the NFL season. Oh well. Neither of those teams get much tv play so I don't get to follow either that well.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote