Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2000, 11:43 PM   #1
SFL Cat
College Starter

Post Great Stuff!!!

I must confess, I wasn't expecting much from the posts in this forum, but man, a lot of these team reports are damn compelling!!!

I am the commissioner for the SFL, which is a sim-league that emulates the old USFL in that we play during the Spring and Summer and use a lot of non-NFL talent (AFL, CFL, undrafted college players). We use Action PC to simulate our games, but we also use a lot of the elements found in FOF - the goal is to succeed in the ledger column as well as on the field.

We sim our 18-game season in real time from February to July. Owners submit their roster depth charts and gameplan changes to me and I sim all the games and post the results on our website. Last year, I wrote all the game recaps, but as you can imagine that took a lot of time. This season, I'm looking for people who might be interested in exclusively covering one of 20 teams and writing game recaps and team analyses.

I would sim the games and email each writer with game stats, and a play-by-play log from which they could write their recaps. As far as team analysis, feel free to write what you want about your team. Have fun with it. My only request is that you keep your team's owner on his toes. I'll happily give every person a byline (even a picture by-line if you want to submit a picture of yourself) on the SFL website.

Check out the SFL site... http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/SFL

A link to the SFL championship game recap should still available so you can get an idea about what writing recaps would involve. If you think you'd be interested, select a team you'd like to cover and let me know ([email protected]).

Scott - SFL CAT (Commissioner-About-Town)

[This message has been edited by SFL Cat (edited 11-19-2000).]

SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote