Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Title Bout 2 update released!

Version 2.0.25 has been released and includes an auto aging function (A big addition if you run a universe) an improved rankings system and various tweaks and bug fixes.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=110897

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
Galaril
Pro Starter

Still no career mode, right?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Still no career mode, right?

Yeah, they are going to add career play in version 2.0.25.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Yeah, they are going to add career play in year 2025.
Fixed it for you.

I'm dying for a career boxing sim and the amazing TB2 engine is a great start, now if they ever finish that career part...

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #5
Bee
Pro Starter

I thought they started putting together a beta team for the career version about 6 months ago?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
Schmidty
Coordinator

Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 02-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #7
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I thought they started putting together a beta team for the career version about 6 months ago?

The career mode has been hyped for at least the past 5 or 6 years with the product. I think it will be bundled with Duke Nukem Forever at this point.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
Bee
Pro Starter

Maybe it's like Maximum Football and they're just finishing up the cover artwork for the career portion.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #9
Capital
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Fixed it for you.

I'm dying for a career boxing sim and the amazing TB2 engine is a great start, now if they ever finish that career part...
I couldn't agree more.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #10
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Well, Fight Night Round 3 is coming out soon...

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #11
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Me too. I'm a great boxing fan and I'd love to see some sort of career options to that game. Without that, the game is simply not appealing to me. I tried it, but I just couldn't get into it without career/management mode.

Just out of curiosity: does anybody know what type of "career" features they're going to add (in future patches/next version of the game)??? I mean, it will be a "start from the bottom and work your way to the top" kind of thing, or a situation that puts you in control of a promotion where you manage your business/sign boxers/organize fights??? I'm asking because I don't follow the OOTP boards, and maybe they already declared something about it.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano
Me too. I'm a great boxing fan and I'd love to see some sort of career options to that game. Without that, the game is simply not appealing to me. I tried it, but I just couldn't get into it without career/management mode.

Just out of curiosity: does anybody know what type of "career" features they're going to add (in future patches/next version of the game)??? I mean, it will be a "start from the bottom and work your way to the top" kind of thing, or a situation that puts you in control of a promotion where you manage your business/sign boxers/organize fights??? I'm asking because I don't follow the OOTP boards, and maybe they already declared something about it.

They have not released information on this in a while, but below are some of the proposed features. Of course an aging feature has already been implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Trunzo
THE BOXING "CALENDAR":

Title Fight Championship Boxing will, in the role-playing (career) mode, run via calendar days. Behind the scenes, anything that happens in life might happen to your fighters or those being managed by the computer. Fighters can incur injuries outside the ring if they happen to be unlucky enough to have had a car accident or simply sprained an ankle playing basketball. Depending upon your fighter's new "Character Rating", you might find out that he's been arrested for receiving stolen goods . . . one week before he's scheduled to fight! On days when fights are scheduled, whether by you or through the career A.I., you'll have the option of "going to the fight" or simply receiving the results. And although you seldom hear about the good deeds done by professional fighters, don't be surprised if you open the "sports page" only to learn that John Ruiz was seen signing autographs for children at a local hospital. Of course, as a manager, you'll be able to schedule special events for your own fighters or be offered an opportunity for your rising star to appear on a popular local sports show.

BECOMING A "DRAW":

The role-playing module has resulted in some fascinating possibilities and necessitated new categories for the fighters. A "popularity" rating will now factor into a fighter's ability to draw crowds, which will strongly affect the size of a fighter's purse, etc. If your fighter does a cameo in a blockbuster movie, watch his Popularity Rating go up; conversely, if a fighter gets stop for a D.U.I. and a gun or drugs or both are discovered in his car, watch his ability to draw plummet.

WE ALL GET OLD SOMETIME:

Fighters will age in Title Fight Championship Boxing just like they do in real life. As a young fighter heads into his physical prime, it's possible that his power will improve; it's also possible that he'll no longer be able to make the weight that he fought at when he turned pro. There may be no choice but to move him up a division. Once a fighter enters his post-prime, attribute ratings will start to decline. If a fighter hits his post-prime and has piled up negative Performance Points over his last few fights, you might literally see him "grow old" overnight. In the new boxing simulation role-playing mode, fighters will retire and new fighters will be generated to replace the old in an on-going cycle. And it will be up to you to decide when to suggest to one of your boxers when to retire and also up to you to spot that hot newcomer who's destined to be the "next champion."

As an aside, I know you still have to do a lot of work to play a "career mode" and you are only basically watching in the current incarnation, but the auto aging feature works great and makes management of your universe much, much easier!! A definite thumbs up for that. Haven't played the new version enough to get a long term sampling on rankings, but from what I have seen this feature also works great and is probably as close to perfect as you will get in this type of game.

The big reason for delays in the role playing version is that Andreas Raht, the main TBCB programmer, has been pulled to work on OOTP2006. It is actually kind of surprising he was able to get a patch of this quality out with all the attention going to the Baseball game.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #13
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
They have not released information on this in a while, but below are some of the proposed features. Of course an aging feature has already been implemented.

As an aside, I know you still have to do a lot of work to play a "career mode" and you are only basically watching in the current incarnation, but the auto aging feature works great and makes management of your universe much, much easier!! A definite thumbs up for that. Haven't played the new version enough to get a long term sampling on rankings, but from what I have seen this feature also works great and is probably as close to perfect as you will get in this type of game.

The big reason for delays in the role playing version is that Andreas Raht, the main TBCB programmer, has been pulled to work on OOTP2006. It is actually kind of surprising he was able to get a patch of this quality out with all the attention going to the Baseball game.
Actually if your fighter gets pulled over for DUI or arrested with guns or drugs, his popularity will skyrocket as he gets tons of press.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote