Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
Balldog
Pro Rookie

So embarrassed

So I go to Burger King today for lunch.

I drive a navy blue Explorer.

I was in there for about 10 minutes waiting on my food.

I got it to go. I come out and the navy blue Explorer is sitting right in front of the door.

Thinks to self: I didn't think I parked here.

Presses unlock button, opens the door and as soon as I get to sit down I realize this isn't my navy blue Explorer. Oops!

Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

At least you didn't try to throw a brick through the window to get in.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
samifan24
Pro Starter

I might be a complete idiot, but I didn't know that keyless entries worked on any type of the car you own, ie a Ford Explorer.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:26 AM   #4
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24
I might be a complete idiot, but I didn't know that keyless entries worked on any type of the car you own, ie a Ford Explorer.

samifan, i'm thinking here that this navy blue Explorer just happened to already be unlocked.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:27 AM   #5
JeeberD
General Manager

Heh, I did the same thing at Christmas time when I was shopping. I came out of Barnes and Nobles but couldn't remember exactly where I parked my car. I wandered a round for a bit before I saw a dark green Corolla. I brought out the keys, tied to pop the lock, but the door wouldn't open. I then realized that the windows weren't tinted like mine are and that I had the wrong car. Very embarassing... :o

You know though, Balldog, I was hoping this was going to be another girl trouble thread...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:28 AM   #6
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
samifan, i'm thinking here that this navy blue Explorer just happened to already be unlocked.

He says he presses the unlock button. Why would he press the button once he was already inside the car, except to lock the door? I read it as he pushed the unlock button his keychain and get into the wrong car.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:30 AM   #7
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281

Yeah.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:30 AM   #8
JeeberD
General Manager

Sounds like he pushed the botton to unlock it, but the car was already unlocked so it just seemed like the keyless entry had worked...

Old 01-24-2005, 11:31 AM   #9
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I pressed the unlock button on my key chain, then opened the door. He/She must not have locked their door, come to think about it I think they didn't even have power locks.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:33 AM   #10
samifan24
Pro Starter

Shorty and I are both right!
Old 01-24-2005, 11:34 AM   #11
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
You know though, Balldog, I was hoping this was going to be another girl trouble thread...

Sorry to disappoint, I should just start a dynasty thread on that. Might help me keep everything in line.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:07 PM   #12
Yossarian
High School Varsity

I did something like this last year.

I dont drive. My GF has a license but hadn't driven in 10 years. Her mum gave us her old banger for free. Its a white(ish) micra.

I'm not a car person. I know our car is a micra, but I couldnt identify any other make on the road. Well, unless it has a horse, then its a ferrari - you get the idea.

So we are in tesco's and she's going to pop to the loo while I take out the two bags of shopping we have.

i go up to our car and I cant find where to put the key to open the boot - its dark because its around half twelve am, so i'm crouching down, looking under 'bits', walkign round the car, trying all the keys on the keyring in all the locks on the car - i'm REALLY giving this car a good once over.

Then 'beeb beeb' - the lights on the car flash orange and a guy walks up with his 'doofer' having just unlocked the car automatically.

"this your car" I say to him?

"yeah, what you doing?"

"I thought this was my car, um.. ah, there's it over there"

"looks nothing like this car"

and you know what? he was right, his car had doors at the back and was much bigger than our wee car with just front doors etc... really really really NOTHING like our car.

Plus the car park was nigh on empty and only a fucking tube would have made the mistake.

I'm lucky I didn't get into a brawl with the guy or into a situation with the police / security, I must have looked seriously shady checking his car out etc...
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:10 PM   #13
JeeberD
General Manager

Wow, that was english? I only understood about half of what you said, Yossarian...

Old 01-24-2005, 12:12 PM   #14
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Kind of strange and off topic but I have this really weird habit where I almost always get out of my truck, lock it from the keychain, walk to my front door, and instead of using my key to get in I attempt to unlock my front door with my trucks unlock button. Anyone else ever do this?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:14 PM   #15
Yossarian
High School Varsity

Funny thing is, I don't even ham it up. Its not like I'm chucking in a whole bunch of 'fake' colloquialisms (ie... half the words spoken by every Scottish part in any mainstream movie).
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:15 PM   #16
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog

I'd be embarassed, too.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:25 PM   #17
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Could be much worse though.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:32 PM   #18
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog

I drive a navy blue Explorer.

I was in there for about 10 minutes waiting on my food.

I got it to go. I come out and the navy blue Explorer is sitting right in front of the door.

Thinks to self: I didn't think I parked here.

Presses unlock button, opens the door and as soon as I get to sit down I realize this isn't my navy blue Explorer. Oops!

Did they get your burger right?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:20 PM   #19
PilotMan
Head Coach

When I was a restaurant manager for Bob Evans, I had a customer go out, unlock, and start the mirror image of his Saturn. He came back in a little shaken and wanted to find the other owner to tell him what had happened.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:25 PM   #20
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #21
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor

The other Explorer guy got your order.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:44 PM   #22
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Wow, that was english? I only understood about half of what you said, Yossarian...

Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:01 PM   #23
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I was thinking it would be a girl trouble thread, too. But yeah, this has happened to me, too. It was a really weird feeling to be in someone else's car, knowing they could come out and see me in it.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:52 PM   #24
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Really funny stroy one of my Dad's friends told me about when they were much younger.

They were at a bar drinking and my Dad went outside because he was tired and wanted to sleep while his friends stayed at the bar. He also happened to be quite a bit drunk at this time.

So he then goes into what he believed was his friend's car and lies down to take a snooze. About an hour later, there's police shining flashlights into the car and banging on the window. Apparently, he had mixed up his friend's car and had actually been sleeping in some other guy's car for the past hour. It's not one of his proudest moments.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:03 PM   #25
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I have a story like that. I drive a White GMC Jimmy. At the school gym, you lay your keys and ID card on a table while you go work out. Well, I always turn my ID card over so I can find it fast. One day, I picked up my ID and keys and left. I pressed my remote keyless entry and noticed the Hummer parked next to mine lighted up when I pressed the button. I thought whoa, cool, my keys unlock the Hummer too. I got closer to my car and looked at the ID and the keys and realized I picked up the wrong set.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:13 PM   #26
JeeberD
General Manager

So, uh...you stole the Hummer, right?

Old 01-24-2005, 04:41 PM   #27
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

I can't find the story now, but I remember reading a story about a guy who played for the Vikings who had the ultimate experience with a mistaken car.

His father was visiting from out of town and drove up in his minivan. Late at night he found that they were out of diapers and drove his father's minivan rather than move cars around. He went to 7-11 and bought diapers, then drove off.

He was almost home when he heard something in the back seat and found out there was a baby in the van! He turned around and drove back to the 7-11 where there was a lady freaking out and several cops...

It turned out that his father's van was identicle to the lady's. The same model, color, everything except the plates and the baby left in back. Even the keys were the same.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:01 PM   #28
Dutch
"Dutch"

Waaaay back in High School, during a downpour, I ran out of my bank, jumped in a '83 Honda Civic that I *thought* was mine when a lady in the passenger seat screamed bloody murder. I screamed with her and jumped back out in the rain. My car was the next one over.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #29
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
My aunt and uncle were out shopping, he dropped her off in front of a store and waited while she ran in to pick something up. She came out, opened the door and saw some papers in the front seat, so she said something to the effect of "get those papers out of my seat", at which point the driver looked at her and said "who are you?" She was getting into the wrong car...and the whole time my uncle was watching what was going on and didn't even get try to signal to her that she was at the wrong car!!!!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote