Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Flasch186
Coordinator

Google PPC advice

So I run our Google PPC stuff and I see all these advanced options Google offers:

Display Network
Position Preference
Bidding Options
- Manual
- Automatic bidding to try to Maximize clicks for your target budget
- Enhanced CPC
- Focus on conversions
Delivery Method
Scheduling

Obviously we're a Real Estate site so its not retail. Knowing that what do you recommend for a homebrew manager of the PPC campaigning? I also am dabling with Bing but want to focus on getting Goog right first.

Thanks!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:11 AM   #2
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Display Network - Start with only Google Search. See how that does and slowly add the other networks. Content network should be last and at a lower bid price since the traffic is typically of much lower quality.

Position Preference - I leave it off most of the time.

Delivery Method - Accelerated is what I go with, but if you have a budget and want your ads to be shown all day, you could go with the normal setting. 100 clicks all at once is the same to me as 100 spread out throughout the day. Some people want it more spread out though I guess.

Scheduling - Depends on your business. If you're a real estate agency, you may want to only run the ads during business hours. Although you could be missing out on people who are looking for one at night. I'd probably stick to business hours for now until you've maximized what's available during that time.

I'd make sure you are real focused keyword wise. Start detailed and get more broad the more you need traffic. You'll probably have to bid high to start just to compete with accounts that have long histories. It sucks, but is necessary. You'll also want to make sure you're using negative keywords to avoid getting traffic for things you don't want.

Invest in some reading material and potentially a course. Seems boring and time consuming, but if you do things right, it can be a huge boom to your business. Or just hire an expert to handle it if you have the budget to do so. I'd recommend this book. It was written by a guy I used to work with and he's one of the smartest PPC guys I know. I believe he tours the country for Google doing Adwords seminars now.

Amazon.com: Advanced Google AdWords (9780470500231): Brad Geddes: Books

Last edited by RainMaker : 03-11-2011 at 03:12 AM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote