Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
RainMaker
General Manager

HBO GO

Are people able to share this? I've been on the fence about HBO for awhile and wondering if I sign up whether there are huge restrictions on who can use it and when. Not going to pass it out to 30 people or anything but I was going to give my brother my login stuff if possible.

Do they check on this stuff or just not give a crap?

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Are people able to share this? I've been on the fence about HBO for awhile and wondering if I sign up whether there are huge restrictions on who can use it and when. Not going to pass it out to 30 people or anything but I was going to give my brother my login stuff if possible.

Sharing ours with 4 of our 5 kids, no issues reported.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
RainMaker
General Manager

Same house or different houses? Is there a limit to the number of devices?
Old 03-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

My sister uses my account all the time.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Same house or different houses? Is there a limit to the number of devices?

My sister lives in a different house.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
chadritt
High School Varsity

Im pretty sure that each user can only be logged in once at any given time. I gave my roommate my info a few years back and it wouldn't let me watch in my room while he was watching in his.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Long shot but if you happen to have a Roku and Diectv don't bother. For some reason Directv doesn't support it and my PS3 feed sucked.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

OK. So a week after my initial advice I have a question about Directv. I am a seasonal directv subscriber (could care less about movies but will definitely shell out $15 for GOT or Curb) So I was scrolling through Directv's HBO On Demand and it looks like it has basically become HBOGo. It looks like every series and every year is on Demand now. Is this accurate? I wouldn't mind rewatching Band of Brothers or Oz waiting for Game of Thrones to start back up.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
Logan
Head Coach

That would be impressive. Fios on demand is still lacking compared to Go.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
OK. So a week after my initial advice I have a question about Directv. I am a seasonal directv subscriber (could care less about movies but will definitely shell out $15 for GOT or Curb) So I was scrolling through Directv's HBO On Demand and it looks like it has basically become HBOGo. It looks like every series and every year is on Demand now. Is this accurate? I wouldn't mind rewatching Band of Brothers or Oz waiting for Game of Thrones to start back up.

I will check but I think this is mostly accurate. Key pita is you gotta download programming, so plan ahead.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #11
Subby
lolzcat

Did I see something recently that HBO Go will now allow you to stream to your TV via AirPlay?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #12
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I will check but I think this is mostly accurate. Key pita is you gotta download programming, so plan ahead.

Yeah you are right about that. It isn't a big deal if you know you want to watch a movie or tv show later that day and can record them overnight but you sure can't sit down like you can with cable and just watch a show on a whim.

I guess the only reason I ask is because I am not currently a subscriber and it lists pretty much every show I can think of with every epiosde (including obscure shows like Bored to Death and The Corner and older shows like Deadwood and Rome) and the expiration date on all of them is 1/1. Seeing as just 9 months ago you could only get partial seasons of only a handful of shows through the on demand I wasn't sure if this was just some default screen that would change once I subscribed. But if you are a current subscriber than that answers that question. (Their website is very pretty with bells and whistles but completely worthless as far as answering this question)

Last edited by panerd : 03-14-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Probably off a little on the timing
Old 03-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #13
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Oz-looks like all is available..Band of Brothers as well.

I guess you can stream instead of download but it probably depends on your box. I have the 5tuner Genie thing and highly sing its praises
Old 03-17-2014, 12:41 AM   #14
RainMaker
General Manager

So Comcast still doesn't let you use HBO GO with your Roku?
Old 03-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #15
Desnudo
Coordinator

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Did I see something recently that HBO Go will now allow you to stream to your TV via AirPlay?

It should. You can also just plug your iPad into the TV with an HDMI cable. I do that sometimes in hotels.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #16
RainMaker
General Manager

How quickly does a show appear on the app? Like if someone wants to watch GoT on it, when will it be on there?
Old 04-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #17
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
How quickly does a show appear on the app? Like if someone wants to watch GoT on it, when will it be on there?

as soon as it is done being aired for the first time, so Sunday nights episode will be available at midnight sunday (after it has aired in PST)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #18
Logan
Head Coach

It might even be sooner than that. When I realized 15 minutes in that I forgot to DVR a True Detective episode, I fired up the app on my Smart TV and it was available for viewing then.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #19
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm predicting the odds of a crash this Sunday night to be a virtual certainty. True Detective took it down for the Finale, but GOT has to have a legion of people trying to use their friends and uncles passwords on HBOGO sunday night.